Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:08 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Fellow UB Students,

Do you think Adam accomplished this feat by himself, or were his sons tasked with it?

...After becoming established in the second garden on the Euphrates, Adam elected to leave behind as much of his life plasm as possible to benefit the world after his death. Accordingly, Eve was made the head of a commission of twelve on race improvement, and before Adam died this commission had selected 1,682 of the highest type of women on Urantia, and these women were impregnated with the Adamic life plasm. Their children all grew up to maturity except 112, so that the world, in this way, was benefited by the addition of 1,570 superior men and women. Though these candidate mothers were selected from all the surrounding tribes and represented most of the races on earth, the majority were chosen from the highest strains of the Nodites, and they constituted the early beginnings of the mighty Andite race. These children were born and reared in the tribal surroundings of their respective mothers.... 76:4.8 (851.6)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Adam normally has 1 million children with Eve. The number in question sounds manageable.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Adam normally has 1 million children with Eve. The number in question sounds manageable.

Thanks for the reply, Bradly. You're thinking one million issue from one womb?

PostPosted:  

Maybe not...the 1 million might include grandchildren too...??

51:5.2 (585.6) Usually the violet peoples do not begin to amalgamate with the planetary natives until their own group numbers over one million. But in the meantime the staff of the Planetary Prince proclaims that the children of the Gods have come down, as it were, to be one with the races of men; and the people eagerly look forward to the day when announcement will be made that those who have qualified as belonging to the superior racial strains may proceed to the Garden of Eden and be there chosen by the sons and daughters of Adam as the evolutionary fathers and mothers of the new and blended order of mankind.

51:5.3 (585.7) On normal worlds the Planetary Adam and Eve never mate with the evolutionary races. This work of biologic betterment is a function of the Adamic progeny. But these Adamites do not go out among the races; the prince’s staff bring to the Garden of Eden the superior men and women for voluntary mating with the Adamic offspring. And on most worlds it is considered the highest honor to be selected as a candidate for mating with the sons and daughters of the garden.

In any case, Eve certainly is the mother of many.

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
Do you think Adam accomplished this feat by himself, or were his sons tasked with it.

Don't you think if he wanted the full complement of adamic DNA to be transmitted he'd do the job himself? It doesn't sound that difficult. After all, he was superhuman.

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
rick warren wrote:
Do you think Adam accomplished this feat by himself, or were his sons tasked with it.

Don't you think if he wanted the full complement of adamic DNA to be transmitted he'd do the job himself? It doesn't sound that difficult. After all, he was superhuman.

You think Eve (she was head of the selection commission) lined them up, say, a dozen a week? And he spent two or three years accomplishing his mission? Maybe. I suspect they used their sons, complying somewhat with the "normal" mandate (I know, I know, Urantia is anything but normal):

Quote:
...On normal worlds the Planetary Adam and Eve never mate with the evolutionary races. This work of biologic betterment is a function of the Adamic progeny. But these Adamites do not go out among the races; the prince’s staff bring to the Garden of Eden the superior men and women for voluntary mating with the Adamic offspring. And on most worlds it is considered the highest honor to be selected as a candidate for mating with the sons and daughters of the garden.... 51:5.3 (585.7)

PostPosted:  

I'm pondering... Eve and Adam had been training and working in the System's life labs for 15,000 (!!!!) years before the Urantia incarnation. Being such highly trained experts, isn't artificial insemination the more likely scenario? They could have come up with a crude technology, seems like, whether it was Adam personally or his sons who impregnated the 1682. And they could have had help from the Life Carriers, the Midwayers, or Melchizedeks, no?

PostPosted:  

Consider this: Eve selects the 1682 women, registers them all and notes their fertility cycle, then brings them to her impromptu clinic, which is strictly separated, male and female. Eve and her assistants collect the sperm from Adam and sons, and carry it directly to the fertile females. Maybe they created a bamboo or bronze syringe! Plausible scenario, no? If they didn't do it clinically there could be all kinds of emotional entanglements. You know kids.

PostPosted:  

Sounds like you have a very creative imagination Rick, but I don't think any of your scenarios are the least bit plausible. Your ideas are rather sterile to me. Fertility was worshipped by primitive peoples. Intercourse with a "god" would be the highest honor for a woman. What woman would agree to intercourse with bamboo, a plant that doesn't even grow there?

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
Sounds like you have a very creative imagination Rick, but I don't think any of your scenarios are the least bit plausible. Your ideas are rather sterile to me. Fertility was worshipped by primitive peoples. Intercourse with a "god" would be the highest honor for a woman. What woman would agree to intercourse with bamboo, a plant that doesn't even grow there?

Thanks, I think :) But I must protest, it's entirely plausible, physically. I look at it from Adam and Eve's point of view, not primitive at all. How many wives want their husbands mating with 1682 other women? What if the roles were reversed? Maybe Adam would say, "Darling, we need surrogates."

PostPosted:  

And yet Eve did so. Not for romance or lust and not out of disloyalty to Adam. But rather out of a pragmatic, if error filled, hope for their mission success.

I'm with Bonita on this one. Ceremonial and personal and natural.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
And yet Eve did so. Not for romance or lust and not out of disloyalty to Adam. But rather out of a pragmatic, if error filled, hope for their mission success.

I'm with Bonita on this one. Ceremonial and personal and natural.

Ok. Thanks both, your replies are why my novel isn't going into how it happened, notwithstanding a fond attachment to the clinic insemination theory.

(Brother Bradly, why do you insist on ceaselessly outing someone from another Forum, who may not have wanted that, if Katro is indeed who you claim? Isn't that a forum rule buster?)

PostPosted:  

I think the rule buster is pretending to be multiple different people at the same site and public forum.

I have several reasons to share her identity here. She has previously posted here as Bonita and already had a written record of opinions and positions here. Why does she now choose to pose as someone else? Larry W. had a very low opinion of those very few who ever made such a choice.

I have made it a practice to point out every example of such a practice for all students and readers to be aware...and wary. Such a choice usually follows banishment here by the mods. One fellow named Louis has posted here under 4 different names. I don't think Bonita was bannished. I can't imagine that.

Next, Bonita pretends here under her new assumed name to not know people she has known for years. Weird. She has especially pretended to not know me, a personal affront and choice which stuns me still.

Finally, her body of posts here need to be connected for the historical continuity of such an important body of scholarship. She is a great teacher, one of the best in a generation IMO. It would be a great loss and shame to miss the connection of her entire contribution. She has posted as Bonita at 4 public forums including this one. Hardly "outing" someone to call them by the name under which they currently post and have historically posted 4 places for over 12 consecutive years. Wouldn't you agree??

Oh, and there's no doubt as to who is who here. And you know it Rick...as do others here. It is not a secret. She has not objected either! Thanks for asking.

Bradly

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:18 pm +0000, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted:  

If this is true, (and I tend to trust Bradly's integrity), it is Katroof who has violated the #1 rule. "Do not:
1. Impersonate or misrepresent yourself or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you."

I agree with Bradly that Katroof has very intelligent things to say about the UB; however, social astuteness and kindness in terms of social interactions with others could use improvement. She comes across here as quite arrogant and self-involved, unfortunately. She seeks sychophants and ignores those who refuse to play by her rules.

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
Thanks, I think :) But I must protest, it's entirely plausible, physically. I look at it from Adam and Eve's point of view, not primitive at all. How many wives want their husbands mating with 1682 other women? What if the roles were reversed? Maybe Adam would say, "Darling, we need surrogates."

Adam lived for 530 years. He had plenty of time to complete the task and I doubt Eve was a jealous woman. She too was superhuman. Sex jealousy is a product of human mores.

(917.7) 82:4.4 Modern sex jealousy is not innate; it is a product of the evolving mores.