Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:22 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Pandemic Chronicles
PostPosted:  

So here we are together in a world changing moment, experiencing in our individual and unique ways the events that are transpiring. Has the UB become a source of strength and inspiration for you as it has for me? Feel free to contribute here in ways you are coping with the effects and aftereffects of this virus.

For me, I am living with a combination of dread and wonderment. Dread, not for me and my chances of survival, but for the many who are dying and suffering. But wonderment too at the potential to ride this menace into new ways of living and being. We can participate in this new world either passively or actively, but great change is here.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Excellent topic, Gizmo. Thank you for starting it. Ironically, I find that the worse things become in the world around me, the more I have to be thankful for. Isn't that strange .... and wonderful. My daily prayers have become more lengthy with all the gratitude in my heart but also with all the requests for blessings for those who are less fortunate than I and my family. I ask for guidance in how I can leverage my good fortune in ways that most benefits those who are in need.

Also, while I study the UB independently on a regular basis, these anxious times have created a need in me to commiserate with other readers in a deep and personal way. That is why I am so appreciative of the many Urantia organization events that have been going on right now utilizing Zoom and other remote learning formats. I was able to attend a couple of sessions from this 24-hour study group event and I really enjoyed it.

I especially enjoyed the presentation by Gard Jameson "Planetary Angelic Support During Covid-19". You can view the videos of the presentations online here.

PostPosted:  

I'm wondering why this video..has been so widely banned.
Is it because Icke asserts that the COVID-19 pandemic is a hoax ?
Is it because he exposes "the cult" bloodlines; the "Nephilim" ?
Is it because he asserts the potential of COVID-19 vaccinations containing microchips ?
Is it because he exposes the financial pressures involved (WHO, Gates, etc) ?
I mean, who cares what some wacko has to say ? Why ban it ?

Edited by admin

PostPosted:  

tlhall wrote:

haven't watched it but more than likely the answer to your question is found within #2 here:

Quote:
70:12.6 (798.5) If men would maintain their freedom, they must, after having chosen their charter of liberty, provide for its wise, intelligent, and fearless interpretation to the end that there may be prevented:

70:12.7 (798.6) 1. Usurpation of unwarranted power by either the executive or legislative branches.

70:12.8 (798.7) 2. Machinations of ignorant and superstitious agitators.

70:12.9 (798.8) 3. Retardation of scientific progress.

70:12.10 (798.9) 4. Stalemate of the dominance of mediocrity.

70:12.11 (798.10) 5. Domination by vicious minorities.

70:12.12 (798.11) 6. Control by ambitious and clever would-be dictators.

70:12.13 (798.12) 7. Disastrous disruption of panics.

70:12.14 (798.13) 8. Exploitation by the unscrupulous.

70:12.15 (798.14) 9. Taxation enslavement of the citizenry by the state.

70:12.16 (798.15) 10. Failure of social and economic fairness.

70:12.17 (798.16) 11. Union of church and state.

70:12.18 (798.17) 12. Loss of personal liberty.

PostPosted:  

tlhall wrote:
Is it because he asserts the potential of COVID-19 vaccinations containing microchips ?

TLhall, perhaps you misread the invitation that begins this particular discussion thread? It says, "Feel free to contribute here in ways you are coping with the effects and aftereffects of this virus."

Do you have any thoughts of your own on this topic? You have chosen to share your opinion of someone else's thoughts, as displayed in a video which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Urantia Book, yet that is the material we are here to study together, not random videos.

Tlhall, how are you coping with the tremendous changes wrought by the pandemic? How has your faith sustained you; how have you reached out to others; how has God influenced your perspective? Rather than promoting the views of others, please share YOUR experience. We can all find random videos anytime - this place is special and is meant for collegial sharing of Urantia Book reactions and ideas.

PostPosted:  

Thanks, Agon!

TLhall's post represents the sleepwalkers, the truly unenlightened people caught in a nightmare. We must blame someone! Which bogeyman scares you the most? We don't have time for this anymore.

What thoughts and actions do we have that expresses hope, charity, and love? We need to pay attention to our inner lives and leave the politics and partisan divides to God. We are responsible for our own thoughts and feelings, and nothing shines a light on them like living with death.

The other day I was walking and a neighbor I don't know well yelled out "Can you help me?" His mother was in a wheel chair and he was having a hard time getting her on her feet to a walker. I had a small stab of fear. Perhaps she's ill with the virus. I have to touch her. Where's my mask! But I cried out "Yes, be right there". And together we helped her to her feet, and smiled at each other.

PostPosted:  

Quote:

Edited by admin

tlhall, I have edited out the url for this video in question. It reveals a three-hour video that has nothing to do with The Urantia Book. There are topics in your post that might have merit, and so, I am leaving the post as a courtesy to you. But I feel your whole premise here a bit iffy, and not very relevant. However, if people are interested in those topics in your post as regards the revelation (if a connection can be found), they can weigh in.

Or perhaps you could weigh in regarding how you pewrsonally are "coping with the effects and aftereffects of this virus."

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

gizmo wrote:
Thanks, Agon!

TLhall's post represents the sleepwalkers, the truly unenlightened people caught in a nightmare. We must blame someone! Which bogeyman scares you the most? We don't have time for this anymore.

What thoughts and actions do we have that expresses hope, charity, and love? We need to pay attention to our inner lives and leave the politics and partisan divides to God. We are responsible for our own thoughts and feelings, and nothing shines a light on them like living with death.

The other day I was walking and a neighbor I don't know well yelled out "Can you help me?" His mother was in a wheel chair and he was having a hard time getting her on her feet to a walker. I had a small stab of fear. Perhaps she's ill with the virus. I have to touch her. Where's my mask! But I cried out "Yes, be right there". And together we helped her to her feet, and smiled at each other.

It is hard to judge who the sleepwalkers really are. I my view, people who walk around without a mask are sleepwalkers. They seem to be very self centered and do not care that they might kill me or others that come into contact with their mucus.

Your self perceived heroism in the face of being exposed to Covid 19 would be justified , except you gave no thought to the possibility that you might end your neighbors life by exposing her to your phlegm and mucus by not wearing a mask during your close contact. You might have been asymptomatic.

I'm afraid that our "inner lives" cannot be separated from partisan politics and tribalism. God leaves it to us to settle our own affairs. We are responsible for moving politics and tribalism toward a harmony with spirit of God. Maybe someday we can all belong to the same tribe, but not until we can see past ourselves and become of one spirit.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Einstein

gray

PostPosted:  

Been noticing some good things coming out of Covid, like the kids were playing ball in the street after ten years glued to screens indoors. Young and old are going to the local parks. Also, good and bad leadership is being exposed globally. And the need for global coordination, on many levels, is surfacing in dramatic terms. The sweatshop slaughter industry is being reformed (in the US at least). Pollution is way down, and cooking at home is way up.

Another good thing, and maybe this is merely anecdotal, people seem to care for one another a degree more, something like the seasonal love we give into during Christmastime.

Like always happens, a common enemy united us for a moment. Maybe some of this will last. Interesting to note the pandemic of 100 years ago killed about 30 million and not much wisdom was retained, it was all but forgotten til now. My would-be grandmother died in that one... There have been a little over 300,000 Covid deaths so far. About .00003 of Earth's current population.

PostPosted:  

I've been mightily impressed by the global-wide response, largely peaceful, to the murder of George Floyd. It is bringing people of all races, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds together in great numbers to mourn and demand changes. Would this be happening if not for the pandemic?

When millions of people are unemployed; when millions of young adults are unable to go to school; when all of us are pent up with concern, and hope - are we somehow opening to the Spirit of Truth? Has an existential threat to our lives created an opportunity to grow spiritually and socially? I think so, and I believe more good will come in time, and with our efforts.