Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:58 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

Hello! , I am new here and I want to ask you some questions.

I want to know what you think of him (jaggi vasudev), and whether to follow his philosophy of life is "desirable," so to speak.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Greetings Zack and welcome. Obviously Jaggi is a fellow pilgrim of truth and one who seeks the spirit within. However, here we share and study the teachings in the Urantia Papers. They tell us we must each walk our own path to enlightening and form our own philosophy of living that expresses our personal experience with the Spirit within.

Truth is wherever it is found and is always found by those who humbly and sincerely seek it. But truth is not gained or acquired all at once. It is a journey and adventure of discovery that always takes time. But those who walk the way of truth soon bear the fruits of the Spirit which make the way easy and gladsome to travel upon.

I encourage you to read something of what we study here together.

https://www.urantia.org

100:5.1 (1098.4) The world is filled with lost souls, not lost in the theologic sense but lost in the directional meaning, wandering about in confusion among the isms and cults of a frustrated philosophic era. Too few have learned how to install a philosophy of living in the place of religious authority. 

101:2.8 (1106.7) Reason is the proof of science, faith the proof of religion, logic the proof of philosophy, but revelation is validated only by human experience.Science yields knowledge; religion yields happiness; philosophy yields unity; revelation confirms the experiential harmony of this triune approach to universal reality.

101:5.2 (1110.5) Science deals with facts;religion is concerned only with values.Through enlightened philosophy the mind endeavors to unite the meanings of both facts and values, thereby arriving at a concept of complete reality.Remember that science is the domain of knowledge, philosophy the realm of wisdom, and religion the sphere of the faith experience.

103:1.1 (1129.8) The unity of religious experience among a social or racial group derives from the identical nature of the God fragment indwelling the individual. It is this divine in man that gives origin to his unselfish interest in the welfare of other men. But since personality is unique—no two mortals being alike—it inevitably follows that no two human beings can similarly interpret the leadings and urges of the spirit of divinity which lives within their minds. A group of mortals can experience spiritual unity, but they can never attain philosophic uniformity. And this diversity of the interpretation of religious thought and experience is shown by the fact that twentieth-century theologians and philosophers have formulated upward of five hundred different definitions of religion. In reality, every human being defines religion in the terms of his own experiential interpretation of the divine impulses emanating from the God spirit that indwells him, and therefore must such an interpretation be unique and wholly different from the religious philosophy of all other human beings.

Namaste. 8) Bradly

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I want to know what you think of him (jaggi vasudev), and whether to follow his philosophy of life is "desirable," so to speak.

This topic is not appropriate to this Forum, which is dedicated to study of The Urantia Book.

zack, you are very welcome here. However, I encourage you to read the rules of posting before you go any further: https://truthbook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3582

This topic is locked.

the management

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]