Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:24 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted:  

maryjo606 wrote:
I wonder why you continue here in an argumentative mode?

We've been having a delightful conversation without any evidence whatsoever of argumentation from either of us. Who is arguing?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
Again, I'm sorry that others don't see the value in your words. It is their loss. I think you have a remarkably good heart and soul. Thank you for sharing it with me. Know that at least one person on this forum appreciates you as you are.

It's unfortunate, katroof, that your acceptance of other individuals as they are is so very selective in this community. Jesus said love they neighbor, meaning all of them. Not just the ones who please you.

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
SEla_Kelly wrote:
Okay so you are saying that free will is a fact of creaturehood, of being parented by the first source and center, who is the universal father of every spirit. But if you believe that it is a choice of the Universal Father to have sent Thought Adjusters to the nucleus of every human mind, then my only interest becomes "how would I join my free will, towards the conformity of all prior choices, how do I use that individuated aspect of will, free will as a human individual, in conformity with the good pleasure of the First Source and Center?"

That's an extremely noble goal and I admire you for it. I'm not sure that I would worry too much about "conformity to prior choices". Do you mean your own prior choices? Or do you mean the Father's prior choices?

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Please sir, my understanding is poor, but you should recognise, that this aspect of will has become importance to my mind.

I can see that. I think it's important too.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
What chance do I have to use free will and make that choice, but my only interest is not to please myself but to eternally satisfy the First Source.

That's a selfless desire and I find it rather inspiring.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
That you should already see youreself as a finalitor, and know the things of this world that you have done, which are pleasing to the face of the father, and yet you must also judge yourself and accept most critically all the things you have done, that even as a finalitor you will have found detestable. Then you can find the problems you can adjust (correct), to live better.

There's no question that the hope of finality looms large for all of us desiring to live eternally. Even the Thought Adjuster sees us from that perspective since he knows our full potential.

(1296.2) 118:1.10 On the absolute and eternal level, potential reality is just as meaningful as actual reality. Only on the finite level and to time-bound creatures does there appear to be such a vast difference. To God, as absolute, an ascending mortal who has made the eternal decision is already a Paradise finaliter. But the Universal Father, through the indwelling Thought Adjuster, is not thus limited in awareness but can also know of, and participate in, every temporal struggle with the problems of the creature ascent from animallike to Godlike levels of existence.

I think it is very hard to accept our own failures, mistakes and disappointments, but we are yet children. How many mistakes do we allow our own human children to make? I think the Father has a heart capable of accepting us despite all of our mistakes. Yes we can be critical of ourselves, I think that's far better than being critical of others. But we have to try to see our mistakes from the long universal viewpoint. Sometimes we make the most progress by learning from our mistakes.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
And if you do not correct yourselves, it should be expected that perhaps no other human institution could measure up to your standards of greatness, measure according to the ends perscribed for all sons of men to even now live as finalitors, and the excruciating need for wisdom, such a demand would imply.

Well sure. If we don't correct ourselves we're not growing and progressing. The ego would be huge. We all should live our lives with the goal in front of us, and with the presence of God within us leading the way.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I give up! I tried to explain myself as well as I could have! I am exhausted, and I will not try to answer any more about such a perilous concept as free will.

I'm so sorry you are persistently harassed and bullied. There's absolutely no excuse for it. I'm grateful that you shared your thoughts with me which allow me to better understand you.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Remember, that even though Lucifer told the citizens of satania, that humans have free will, but he also said that the Universal Father does not exist at that time. In an analogistical sense, then "the Adjuster of a person" is like "the Universal Father of a universe". And this is a harsh riddle, indeed, but if I explain to you again that even though the Universal Father is purely existential, but he is most real. And while I point to certain and distinct aspects of reality, actual relationships, Bradley has taken this as an aspersion, a disparagement, a discreditation of the original concepts in the Urantia Book. But in doing so, I am protecting the scientific method for other men who have not learned the things Bradley thinks he knows as universally true, to accept an idea as theory until one has found affirmative experiences, to confirm the reality of a theory in actual experience, to make something real.

I understand. Don't let it keep you from doing and thinking what you feel in your heart is right. Yes, the existential Father is the most real experience a person can ever have. An experience with an existential Thought Adjuster is exactly what the Revelation asks us to do. Fortunately for us we have the Spirit of Truth who has bridged that gap between the existential and experiential levels of reality and continues to do so as a ministry within our souls.

Don't forget that Bradly has been wrong about scores of things. No one is infallible.

WTH!!!???

The very definition of ad hominem attack there Bonita. Judgemental and prideful. While defending Lucifer's champion here for 4 years now. Those who don't know Stephen's agenda here have their heads buried deeply in the sand of denial.

WOW!!! =;

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13