Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:37 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted:  

BB, the UB doesn't say Africans are subhuman. Besides the word we are discussing is "subnormal minded". Let's say on topic.

The reference from UB you quoted says that "subnormal man ..... slavery ...." It says that IF someone is subnormal minded (lacks intellectual capacity) they can serve as slaves to higher types of humans (because they lack capacity to do autonomous work; they cannot think normally). There haven been (and still are) all kinds of slaves. Egyptians have been slaves, Jews were slaves in Nazi concentration camps, even english Christians have been enslaved [In Algiers in the 19th century, 1.5 million Christians and Europeans were captured and forced into slavery].

Slavery is not what defines subnormal minded in the UB or in ANY context.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

So you think slavery is okay so long the person is subnormally minded?

Agon D. Onter wrote:
BB, the UB doesn't say Africans are subhuman. Besides the word we are discussing is "subnormal minded". Let's say on topic.

The reference from UB you quoted says that "subnormal man ..... slavery ...." It says that IF someone is subnormal minded (lacks intellectual capacity) they can serve as slaves to higher types of humans. There haven been (and still are) all kinds of slaves. Egyptians have been slaves, Jews were slaves in Nazi concentration camps, even english Christians have been enslaved [In Algiers in the 19th century, 1.5 million Christians and Europeans were captured and forced into slavery].

Slavery is not what defines subnormal minded in the UB or in ANY context.

PostPosted:  

That came directly out of UB. You can read it as well as I can.

When I read that, I see it as an objective, far-removed observation from a high celestial being who essentially views humans like we would view a colony of ants.

I believe that folks who lack intellectual capacity need to find purpose in life in whatever way society can help them do so. Many of them work in low-demand, low-paying jobs, which can be a form of slavery (work without pay). But they can't do more than that, and it keeps them happy and purposeful. Better that than drooling in front of a tv 24/7.

PostPosted:  

Slavery is forced labor. You didn't answer my question. Do you accept slavery based on what you read in that text? Yes or no.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
That came directly out of UB. You can read it as well as I can.

When I read that, I see it as an objective, far-removed observation from a high celestial being who essentially views humans like we would view a colony of ants.

I believe that folks who lack intellectual capacity need to find purpose in life in whatever way society can help them do so. Many of them work in low-demand, low-paying jobs, which can be a form of slavery (work without pay). But they can't do more than that, and it keeps them happy and purposeful. Better that than drooling in front of a tv 24/7.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Slavery is forced labor. You didn't answer my question. Do you accept slavery based on what you read in that text? Yes or no.

Yes. Based on what I read in the text, yes.

Quote:
70:2.9 (785.14) War has had a certain evolutionary and selective value, but like slavery, it must sometime be abandoned as civilization slowly advances.

Now, stop deflecting and get back to your own erroneous statements on this thread.

Quote:
man always has an opportunity to be encircuited at any point in his life when he chooses to repent

the example of a rapist and murderer in a previous reply. People like that are not indwelt until they come to repentance.

Then in reply to Bradly’s question of “Who can lose their TA?” you wrote:
You just answered the question. SUBNORMAL MIND.

I do think there can be a delay in the arrival of a TA to indwell someone. And I also believe as long as there is no fusion, one can lose a TA indwelling.

I never said a subnormal mind can repent. A subnormal mind can normalize, and repentance then can be sought.

*hint* *hint* that revelation is describing slavery, in this case, slavery of the West. In essence an African is a subhuman if I am to accept the literal interpretation of the text.

PostPosted:  

Okay. I am no longer interested in continuing this discussion w/you.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:

Yes. Based on what I read in the text, yes.

Quote:
70:2.9 (785.14) War has had a certain evolutionary and selective value, but like slavery, it must sometime be abandoned as civilization slowly advances.

Now, stop deflecting and get back to your own erroneous statements on this thread.

Quote:
man always has an opportunity to be encircuited at any point in his life when he chooses to repent

the example of a rapist and murderer in a previous reply. People like that are not indwelt until they come to repentance.

Then in reply to Bradly’s question of “Who can lose their TA?” you wrote:
You just answered the question. SUBNORMAL MIND.

I do think there can be a delay in the arrival of a TA to indwell someone. And I also believe as long as there is no fusion, one can lose a TA indwelling.

I never said a subnormal mind can repent. A subnormal mind can normalize, and repentance then can be sought.

*hint* *hint* that revelation is describing slavery, in this case, slavery of the West. In essence an African is a subhuman if I am to accept the literal interpretation of the text.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:

Just clarify this one statement. I'm really curious to understand what you're saying here.

PostPosted:  

I always default to the rapist and murderer example when people claim all humans are encircuited and indwelt. A rapist, murderer, or a pedophile has a subnormal mind. If however they build their faith in God and change their mental state, they can become normal minded, thus, encircuited to receive the higher spiritual ministry. That is my understanding. Thought Adjusters have impeccable insight and are able to discern the mind of the host before they indwell it. They can tell if a mind is ready to be indwelt.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:

Just clarify this one statement. I'm really curious to understand what you're saying here.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
I always default to the rapist and murderer example when people claim all humans are encircuited and indwelt. A rapist, murderer, or a pedophile has a subnormal mind. If however they build their faith in God and change their mental state, they can become normal minded, thus, encircuited to receive the higher spiritual ministry. That is my understanding. Thought Adjusters have impeccable insight and are able to discern the mind of the host before they indwell it. They can tell if a mind is ready to be indwelt.

So, a person is born. Gets a Thought Adjuster as a child (sometime around the age of 6). Then becomes a rapist. So, then, what ... their TA departs from them? And then .... after some time passes .... they "build their faith in God and change their mental state, they can become normal minded, thus,..." their TA comes back?

Is that what you're saying?

PostPosted:  

Or, are you saying that the TA *knows* the person has a subnormal/ rapist type of mind and therefore, just doesn't bother indwelling the person when they are a child? The TA thinks, 'This person is no good. I will wait until they rape that poor woman, then normalize and repent and then I will go dwell in their mind.'

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:

So, a person is born. Gets a Thought Adjuster as a child (sometime around the age of 6). Then becomes a rapist. So, then, what ... their TA departs from them? And then .... after some time passes .... they "build their faith in God and change their mental state, they can become normal minded, thus,..." their TA comes back?

Is that what you're saying?

As long as there is an unfused personality, TA is able to detach. So it is possible to be indwelt then detached. This happened to the Planetary Prince's staff, "Caligastia 100." Their TA was detached and when that group was impacted by the insurrection, the ones who swung their support behind Caligastia were denied reuniting with their TA. This status had not changed up to the 1900 AD. UB is silent on their current status.

TA can discern the potential of the mind. They can tell if the person has the potential to engage in deviant or antisocial behavior. And these minds are delayed indwelling. They are the ones who must show faith to be encircuited and indwelt. The chance of a normal minded person losing its way and regressing to subnormality I venture to say is a very infrequent event, and it really requires sophisticated sophistry of the Luciferian doctrine type to deceive a normal minded person.

PostPosted:  

TA can discern the mind before it indwells. I forgot the reference but will search for it. TA awaits the moral personality choice which signals preparedness for indwelling. I think moral choosing varies from personality to personality. Interestingly the age given for first moral choosing pertains to the "present generation." Putting my argument aside for a sec., how does one know that the age or moral choosing pertains to our generation?

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Or, are you saying that the TA *knows* the person has a subnormal/ rapist type of mind and therefore, just doesn't bother indwelling the person when they are a child? The TA thinks, 'This person is no good. I will wait until they rape that poor woman, then normalize and repent and then I will go dwell in their mind.'

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Did Jesus preach repentance, katroofjebus?

I think that was John the Baptist.

(1537.4) 137:8.17 “John came preaching repentance to prepare you for the kingdom; now have I come proclaiming faith, the gift of God, as the price of entrance into the kingdom of heaven. If you would but believe that my Father loves you with an infinite love, then you are in the kingdom of God.”

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Subnormal means intellectually challenged. People who, out of no fault of their own, lack the capacity for intelligent thought (perhaps they were born with Down's Syndrome, or other brain illness or defect). Of which there are plenty in today's world; and no, they cannot AND HAVE NO NEED TO repent and suddenly be normal-minded.

I agree with that. It's about brain capacity sufficient for the reception of the full gamut of adjutant ministry followed by superadjutant ministry.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:

As long as there is an unfused personality, TA is able to detach. So it is possible to be indwelt then detached. This happened to the Planetary Prince's staff, "Caligastia 100." Their TA was detached and when that group was impacted by the insurrection, the ones who swung their support behind Caligastia were denied reuniting with their TA. This status had not changed up to the 1900 AD. UB is silent on their current status.

The Caligastia's staff of 100 were superhuman. They were not ordinary mortals like you and I. Also, their TA was not detached because of being subnormal or having done anything wrong.

66:4.8 (744.7) 2. The one hundred were material but superhuman beings, having been reconstituted on Urantia as unique men and women of a high and special order.

66:4.9 (744.8) This group, while enjoying provisional citizenship on Jerusem, were as yet unfused with their Thought Adjusters; and when they volunteered and were accepted for planetary service in liaison with the descending orders of sonship, their Adjusters were detached. But these Jerusemites were superhuman beings—they possessed souls of ascendant growth. During the mortal life in the flesh the soul is of embryonic estate; it is born (resurrected) in the morontia life and experiences growth through the successive morontia worlds. And the souls of the Caligastia one hundred had thus expanded through the progressive experiences of the seven mansion worlds to citizenship status on Jerusem.

66:4.12 (745.2) 3. The Caligastia one hundred were personally immortal, or undying. There circulated through their material forms the antidotal complements of the life currents of the system; and had they not lost contact with the life circuits through rebellion, they would have lived on indefinitely until the arrival of a subsequent Son of God, or until their sometime later release to resume the interrupted journey to Havona and Paradise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next