Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:06 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Personality - identity
PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
But what does it mean, for Personality to be "devoid of identity"?
I am even confused by what it means for "an energy system" to be "living" or "alive" - will you explain that please too? Personality is taken for the life of the whole energy system?

If Michael is the Father (Creator Son some say) of Nebadon, could you apply this logic to mean, that Nebadon-system constitutes the appearance of His personality expression? Is Michael's personality expression hidden, even in Nebadon? Michael is a creation of the Infinite Spirit (sharing dual qualities of the Eternal Son and the Universal Father), who is capable of representing the Universal Father, by the power of the Supreme Being, throughout Nebadon. Would that be an example of the Infinite Spirit acting on the behalf of the Universal Father in order to purvey personality expression?

Michael is not a creation of the Infinite Spirit.

Michael's personality is most certainly not hidden and is constantly expressed by both his person to an entire universe and by his Spirit of Truth. And yes, every local universe is a unique creative expression of the Creator Son.

It is not the power of the Supreme that allows the Sons to represent the Father either.

What do you mean "some say" the Michael Sons are Creator Sons??

Personality requires mind and free will for the experience and expression of self and identity. Personality, mind, and free will are 3 distinct gifts and elements of self hood...thanks for the question. All physicality is an energy system as I understand it. If it is subject to physics and physical gravity it is an energy system. I'll do some more research. I'll bet others here can already speak to the issue?

1. Origin and Nature of Creator Sons

21:1.1 (234.6) When the fullness of absolute spiritual ideation in the Eternal Son encounters the fullness of absolute personality concept in the Universal Father, when such a creative union is finally and fully attained, when such absolute identity of spirit and such infinite oneness of personality concept occur, then, right then and there, without the loss of anything of personality or prerogative by either of the infinite Deities, there flashes into full-fledged being a new and original Creator Son, the only-begotten Son of the perfect ideal and the powerful idea whose union produces this new creator personality of power and perfection.

21:1.2 (235.1) Each Creator Son is the only-begotten and only-begettable offspring of the perfect union of the original concepts of the two infinite and eternal and perfect minds of the ever-existent Creators of the universe of universes. There never can be another such Son because each Creator Son is the unqualified, finished, and final expression and embodiment of all of every phase of every feature of every possibility of every divine reality that could, throughout all eternity, ever be found in, expressed by, or evolved from, those divine creative potentials which united to bring this Michael Son into existence. Each Creator Son is the absolute of the united deity concepts which constitute his divine origin.

Edit here inserted later:

Be advised...This is weird. It appears I have begun a topic I did not in fact begin but has been propagated here by removing these posts from another topic where they were inappropriate and diversionary. So this "topic" has no setup or flow for those who may wish to discuss "personality-identity".

Indeed, the post by Stephen included above is primarily about the origination of the Michael Sons/Creator Sons described in Paper 21 The Paradise Creator Sons but originated by his questions about text posted from Paper 112 Personality Survival. The specific quote Stephen questions:

112:0.2 (1225.2) While it would be presumptuous to attempt the definition of personality, it may prove helpful to recount some of the things which are known about personality:

112:0.3 (1225.3) 1. Personality is that quality in reality which is bestowed by the Universal Father himself or by the Conjoint Actor, acting for the Father.

112:0.4 (1225.4) 2. It may be bestowed upon any living energy system which includes mind or spirit.

112:0.5 (1225.5) 3. It is not wholly subject to the fetters of antecedent causation. It is relatively creative or cocreative.

112:0.6 (1225.6) 4. When bestowed upon evolutionary material creatures, it causes spirit to strive for the mastery of energy-matter through the mediation of mind.

112:0.7 (1225.7) 5. Personality, while devoid of identity, can unify the identity of any living energy system.

112:0.8 (1225. 6. It discloses only qualitative response to the personality circuit in contradistinction to the three energies which show both qualitative and quantitative response to gravity.

112:0.9 (1225.9) 7. Personality is changeless in the presence of change.

112:0.10 (1225.10) 8. It can make a gift to God—dedication of the free will to the doing of the will of God.

112:0.11 (1225.11) 9. It is characterized by morality—awareness of relativity of relationship with other persons. It discerns conduct levels and choosingly discriminates between them.

112:0.12 (1225.12) 10. Personality is unique, absolutely unique: It is unique in time and space; it is unique in eternity and on Paradise; it is unique when bestowed—there are no duplicates; it is unique during every moment of existence; it is unique in relation to God—he is no respecter of persons, but neither does he add them together, for they are nonaddable—they are associable but nontotalable.

112:0.13 (1226.1) 11. Personality responds directly to other-personality presence.

112:0.14 (1226.2) 12. It is one thing which can be added to spirit, thus illustrating the primacy of the Father in relation to the Son. (Mind does not have to be added to spirit.)

112:0.15 (1226.3) 13. Personality may survive mortal death with identity in the surviving soul. The Adjuster and the personality are changeless; the relationship between them (in the soul) is nothing but change, continuing evolution; and if this change (growth) ceased, the soul would cease.

112:0.16 (1226.4) 14. Personality is uniquely conscious of time, and this is something other than the time perception of mind or spirit.

I will now post at the end of this thread that was moved by the mods to this new topic and perhaps help this topic to become its own conversation....we shall see. :?:

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:28 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

"offspring of the perfect union of the original concepts of the two infinite and eternal and perfect minds" I really struggle with this, sir. "union Of the original concepts" The Creator Sons are not really "made" by any person of the Trinity? I am sorry but I do not really understand this. Except you have proven me wrong on my own concept. "the union of fullness of ideation with the absoluteness of personality"?

By whom is the Creator Son actually created? The Urantia Book does not explicitly say; I admit jumping to my own conclusion. Maybe Creator Sons are eternal beings of the Unqualified Absolute (experiencing pre-ultimate origins there before achieving 56:9.11 post-ultimate unity with the Universal Father within the "Unqualified Reality"). Do creator sons originate in the Unqualified before learn experiencially learning to identify God the First Member of the Holy Trinity, as "father" when they attain the Supreme Master Son Status of their Local Universe.

The only place where there is a definite identification, is here: "the Infinite I AM is also the Father of Michael of Nebadon and the God of human salvation." (102:3.10) Even so, "a father", in human concepts, can mean "one who has assumed custody for the development of another," and this relationship is certain. Does this statement also imply another relationship that "the Infinite I AM" actually "gave birth" to Michael of Nebadon? Maybe not: maybe Michael the Creator Son of Nebadon not created by any of the original Beings of the Trinity, but simply arose "from the realm, or Absolute, of the Unqualified".

Last edited by SEla_Kelly on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:34 am +0000, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
But what does it mean, for Personality to be "devoid of identity"?

Personality is a pattern. Patterns have no identity of their own, they merely provide a pattern for identity formation. Identity itself is a feature of self-conscious mind which is chosen by personality. Identity forms are transferrable from one mind level to another by the choice of the overriding personality pattern. References:

(1232.5) 112:5.4 Human beings possess identity only in the material sense. Such qualities of the self are expressed by the material mind as it functions in the energy system of the intellect. When it is said that man has identity, it is recognized that he is in possession of a mind circuit which has been placed in subordination to the acts and choosing of the will of the human personality. But this is a material and purely temporary manifestation, just as the human embryo is a transient parasitic stage of human life. Human beings, from a cosmic perspective, are born, live, and die in a relative instant of time; they are not enduring. But mortal personality, through its own choosing, possesses the power of transferring its seat of identity from the passing material-intellect system to the higher morontia-soul system which, in association with the Thought Adjuster, is created as a new vehicle for personality manifestation.

(10:4) 0:6.12 In contrast to the aspect of the total, pattern discloses the individual aspect of energy and of personality. Personality or identity forms are patterns resultant from energy (physical, spiritual, or mindal) but are not inherent therein. That quality of energy or of personality by virtue of which pattern is caused to appear may be attributed to God—Deity—to Paradise force endowment, to the coexistence of personality and power.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
"offspring of the perfect union of the original concepts of the two infinite and eternal and perfect minds" I really struggle with this, sir. "union Of the original concepts" The Creator Sons are not really "made" by any person of the Trinity? I am sorry but I do not really understand this. Except you have proven me wrong on my own concept. "the union of fullness of ideation with the absoluteness of personality"?

By whom is the Creator Son actually created? The Urantia Book does not explicitly say; I admit jumping to my own conclusion. Maybe Creator Sons are eternal beings of the Unqualified Absolute (56:9.11 post-ultimate "Unqualified Reality"), the Tao, and learn experiencially learn to identify God the First Member of the Holy Trinity, as "father" when they attain the Supreme Master Son Status of their Local Universe.

The only place where there is a definite iddntification, is here: "the Infinite I AM is also the Father of Michael of Nebadon and the God of human salvation." (102:3.10)

Much could be learned about the Creator Sons by those who read Paper 21 The Paradise Creator Sons. The 2 quotes aleady posted reveals the 2 Trinity parents of the Creator Sons. When you decide to actually learn rather than declare falsehoods Stephen.

No one here cares about your "own concepts" Stephen especially when they contradict the Papers. When will you learn our purpose here is to study the UB and its concepts?

No apology for your blatant disregard for the truth and falsification of the UB? 3 times in one paragraph - not just the one Stephen.

Post text or ask questions - Stop declaring and proclaiming falsehoods as if true.

:roll:

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:10 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
By whom is the Creator Son actually created?

Creator Sons are not really created, they are "eventuated", which means they are the result of something. Each Creator Son is the result of the perfect union of a perfect thought or idea belonging to the Universal Father with a perfect personality of the Eternal Son. This is why a Creator Son is called The Word. Each Creator Son is the expression of a perfect, absolute ideal which has become perfectly personified, or bespoken. References:

(234.6) 21:1.1 When the fullness of absolute spiritual ideation in the Eternal Son encounters the fullness of absolute personality concept in the Universal Father, when such a creative union is finally and fully attained, when such absolute identity of spirit and such infinite oneness of personality concept occur, then, right then and there, without the loss of anything of personality or prerogative by either of the infinite Deities, there flashes into full-fledged being a new and original Creator Son, the only-begotten Son of the perfect ideal and the powerful idea whose union produces this new creator personality of power and perfection.

(235.1) 21:1.2 Each Creator Son is the only-begotten and only-begettable offspring of the perfect union of the original concepts of the two infinite and eternal and perfect minds of the ever-existent Creators of the universe of universes. There never can be another such Son because each Creator Son is the unqualified, finished, and final expression and embodiment of all of every phase of every feature of every possibility of every divine reality that could, throughout all eternity, ever be found in, expressed by, or evolved from, those divine creative potentials which united to bring this Michael Son into existence. Each Creator Son is the absolute of the united deity concepts which constitute his divine origin.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
No one here cares about your "own concepts" Stephen

That's entirely untrue. I care.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I am even confused by what it means for "an energy system" to be "living" or "alive" - will you explain that please too?

Life is something separate from an energy system. Electrical energy can be produced without life. No one knows for sure what the actual "spark of life" is. It's a mystery, a secret of the Infinite Spirit. But the manifestation of life can be described without knowing exactly what it is. The closest definition is in this reference:

(404.4) 36:6.6 We speak of life as “energy” and as “force,” but it is really neither. Force-energy is variously gravity responsive; life is not. Pattern is also nonresponsive to gravity, being a configuration of energies that have already fulfilled all gravity-responsive obligations. Life, as such, constitutes the animation of some pattern-configured or otherwise segregated system of energy — material, mindal, or spiritual.

One of the things that is so confusing is that energy can make things move, such as gravitational energy. Life can also make things move, it animates. Life is a kind of force which animates energy systems in a way different from gravity. The motion caused by life is both mechanistic and vitalistic, meaning life has both material and spiritual animating properties. Energy alone is only material in nature, missing that vital spiritual force. The important thing to realize is, it's life that animates energy and not energy that animates life.

Because life has this vitalistic, spiritual force, it not only animates but has control over energy systems in a way that is ideal for evolving it toward perfection. Life has a built-in capacity to mobilize and transmute energy, which means that life both responds to and controls its biochemical and electrical environment. When mind is added to life, the direction of this underlying control is provided to the organism, or energy system. Reference:

(457.4) 41:2.5 Life has inherent capacity for the mobilization and transmutation of universal energy. You are familiar with the action of vegetable life in transforming the material energy of light into the varied manifestations of the vegetable kingdom. You also know something of the method whereby this vegetative energy can be converted into the phenomena of animal activities, but you know practically nothing of the technique of the power directors and the physical controllers, who are endowed with ability to mobilize, transform, directionize, and concentrate the manifold energies of space.

The life in a seed is dormant until appropriate physical energy substrates are provided, at which time life responds to their presence and begins to control them for the purpose of growth, the innate striving for perfection. This is because life itself has a divine purpose. Life will always seek its Divine Source. Reference:

(737.2) 65:6.2 There is original endowment of adaptation in living things and beings. In every living plant or animal cell, in every living organism — material or spiritual — there is an insatiable craving for the attainment of ever-increasing perfection of environmental adjustment, organismal adaptation, and augmented life realization. These interminable efforts of all living things evidence the existence within them of an innate striving for perfection.

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
No one here cares about your "own concepts" Stephen

That's entirely untrue. I care.

You care about the concepts Stephen steals from the UB and then falsifies and misrepresents and declares as if factual and based on the UB when they are not?

Why?

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
You care about the concepts Stephen steals from the UB and then falsifies and misrepresents and declares as if factual and based on the UB when they are not? Why?

Because Stephen is a personality. I respect Stephen's personality. I care about Stephen and his thoughts regardless of how confusing they can be at times. Said Jesus:

(1765.4) 159:3.2 Always respect the personality of man. Never should a righteous cause be promoted by force; spiritual victories can be won only by spiritual power.

Let me ask you this. If one of the apostles was constantly berating and calling "stupid" the Alpheus brothers, would Jesus tolerate it for even a nanosecond? I think not. Reference:

(1470.2) 133:2.1 As was his custom, Jesus intervened in behalf of the person subjected to attack.

PostPosted:  

I believe you have recently defended Stephen by inferring he is mentally ill and now as stupid in defending him. I've not called him either one. And I don't think he is stupid or mentally ill. Or I do not think those are his problems related to his behaviors here anyway.

I think him stubborn, audience/attention seeking, and indifferent to the contents of the UB, and prideful about his own theories believing his perspective is superior to others including the authors of the UB, and I find him lazy - too lazy to actually read the book and/or research concepts and definitions - even when references are provided!!!

I think such an attitude is dangerous and demeaning of the UB and the student body here and unworthy of the doting attention you seem intent on providing him....in the name of "respect" of personality.

I disagree with his ideas. I disagree with his form of presentation of his ideas. I object to his own admitted presumptuousness and short sightedness and self importance. I object to him taking over and hijacking other people's topics, as rude and lacking etiquette and respect for others (self importance again).

He knows no boundaries when it comes to his preachifying and theorizing and imposition of personal concepts that completely plagiarize the UB but at the same time completely bastardize, twist, falsify, and rewrite the actual book we are supposed to be here to study together.

Stephen needs to start a blog and his own website IMO....or become a student of the UB!!! Which he is NOT!!!!

Just my opinion.

:roll:

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:17 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Ok - time out here.

Fanofvan, you are out of line. I think by now everyone knows that you have issues with Sela_Kelly. But this is not the place to be so high-handed. And, it seems to me that you are the only one who has such issues. I don't see that from anyone but you. This last post of yours is in violation of the rules of posting:

Quote:
The following Urantia movement-related controversies are banned from discussion in any of the forums (overt or covert):
...snip...
* Individual people that read The Urantia Book that do not please you.

Even the new reader may evaluate for him/herself the validity and value of each poster's entries. Please give people credit for being able to do that for themselves. You are not the gatekeeper here. You make yourself very clear when you see discrepancies/inaccuracies/opinions. You call them out. That's fine. But now, your voice is so loud and judgmental that it is becoming far more of a distraction than the posts you find so offensive.

PostPosted:  

Okay, the above post by Maryjo, is where this topic was split to protect the continuity of a long and very interesting series of posts by a new reader, interrupted by Stephen's assertions and questions about Creator Sons and personality.

Personality and identity are inextricably intertwined and interdependent.

Key word search for "identity" and "personality" has lots of overlap:

https://truthbook.com/search/UBParagrap ... &start=all

All personality originates within God the Father, First Source and Center and all personality is gifted and distributed by God. All of personality in all the universe of universes is drawn toward its origin by God's personality gravity circuit and is also attracted to other personalities (or I understand). The personality circuit is one of 4 gravity circuits - personality, mind, spirit, and physical/material. Personality makes it possible for beings to experience reality and to express that experience personally and individually and uniquely and to share that experience with their creator. Our identity - the me and the I AM or self - is a function of 3 gifts - personality, mind, free will - which combine to create a unique expression of creation and a being with both a unique experience in creation and an expression of that experience.

We are pure potential as first expressed (born) but as we experience and express we also become, we realize and actualize potential, and we do so very independently and uniquely as we apply free will to a unique set of circumstances and situations and relationships. We gain identity I think and self hood by time and experience whereby we form motives, intentions, priorities, responses, and we make decisions base on those....an endless stream of decisions. This forms our character. What many of us have understood to be 'personality' but that is not so according to the UB. Personality is changeless we are told in the face of endless change. Our character changes by our own will and volition and choice and we become a result of our choices and decisions over time - but I am me, always. I will never by you and you will never be me. (This is my understanding only, we must all study these matters for ourselves.)

5:6.2 Personality is one of the unsolved mysteries of the universes. We are able to form adequate concepts of the factors entering into the make-up of various orders and levels of personality, but we do not fully comprehend the real nature of the personality itself. We clearly perceive the numerous factors which, when put together, constitute the vehicle for human personality, but we do not fully comprehend the nature and significance of such a finite personality.

5:6.3 Personality is potential in all creatures who possess a mind endowment ranging from the minimum of self-consciousness to the maximum of God-consciousness. But mind endowment alone is not personality, neither is spirit nor physical energy. Personality is that quality and value in cosmic reality which is exclusively bestowed by God the Father upon these living systems of the associated and co-ordinated energies of matter, mind, and spirit. Neither is personality a progressive achievement. Personality may be material or spiritual, but there either is personality or there is no personality. The other-than-personal never attains the level of the personal except by the direct act of the Paradise Father.

5:6.4 The bestowal of personality is the exclusive function of the Universal Father, the personalization of the living energy systems which he endows with the attributes of relative creative consciousness and the freewill control thereof. There is no personality apart from God the Father, and no personality exists except for God the Father. The fundamental attributes of human selfhood, as well as the absolute Adjuster nucleus of the human personality, are the bestowals of the Universal Father, acting in his exclusively personal domain of cosmic ministry.

5:6.5 The Adjusters of prepersonal status indwell numerous types of mortal creatures, thus insuring that these same beings may survive mortal death to personalize as morontia creatures with the potential of ultimate spirit attainment. For, when such a creature mind of personality endowment is indwelt by a fragment of the spirit of the eternal God, the prepersonal bestowal of the personal Father, then does this finite personality possess the potential of the divine and the eternal and aspire to a destiny akin to the Ultimate, even reaching out for a realization of the Absolute.

5:6.6 Capacity for divine personality is inherent in the prepersonal Adjuster; capacity for human personality is potential in the cosmic-mind endowment of the human being. But the experiential personality of mortal man is not observable as an active and functional reality until after the material life vehicle of the mortal creature has been touched by the liberating divinity of the Universal Father, being thus launched upon the seas of experience as a self-conscious and a (relatively) self-determinative and self-creative personality. The material self is truly and unqualifiedly personal.

5:6.7 The material self has personality and identity, temporal identity; the prepersonal spirit Adjuster also has identity, eternal identity. This material personality and this spirit prepersonality are capable of so uniting their creative attributes as to bring into existence the surviving identity of the immortal soul.

5:6.8 Having thus provided for the growth of the immortal soul and having liberated man's inner self from the fetters of absolute dependence on antecedent causation, the Father stands aside. Now, man having thus been liberated from the fetters of causation response, at least as pertains to eternal destiny, and provision having been made for the growth of the immortal self, the soul, it remains for man himself to will the creation or to inhibit the creation of this surviving and eternal self which is his for the choosing. No other being, force, creator, or agency in all the wide universe of universes can interfere to any degree with the absolute sovereignty of the mortal free will, as it operates within the realms of choice, regarding the eternal destiny of the personality of the choosing mortal. As pertains to eternal survival, God has decreed the sovereignty of the material and mortal will, and that decree is absolute.

5:6.9 The bestowal of creature personality confers relative liberation from slavish response to antecedent causation, and the personalities of all such moral beings, evolutionary or otherwise, are centered in the personality of the Universal Father. They are ever drawn towards his Paradise presence by that kinship of being which constitutes the vast and universal family circle and fraternal circuit of the eternal God. There is a kinship of divine spontaneity in all personality.

5:6.10 The personality circuit of the universe of universes is centered in the person of the Universal Father, and the Paradise Father is personally conscious of, and in personal touch with, all personalities of all levels of self-conscious existence. And this personality consciousness of all creation exists independently of the mission of the Thought Adjusters.

5:6.11 As all gravity is circuited in the Isle of Paradise, as all mind is circuited in the Conjoint Actor and all spirit in the Eternal Son, so is all personality circuited in the personal presence of the Universal Father, and this circuit unerringly transmits the worship of all personalities to the Original and Eternal Personality.

5:6.12 Concerning those personalities who are not Adjuster indwelt: The attribute of choice-liberty is also bestowed by the Universal Father, and such persons are likewise embraced in the great circuit of divine love, the personality circuit of the Universal Father. God provides for the sovereign choice of all true personalities. No personal creature can be coerced into the eternal adventure; the portal of eternity opens only in response to the freewill choice of the freewill sons of the God of free will.

Me here: Who we are or our self and identity is more than personality. Experience and expression also require 'mind' to be and to become. We read:

16:6.9 These scientific, moral, and spiritual insights, these cosmic responses, are innate in the cosmic mind, which endows all will creatures. The experience of living never fails to develop these three cosmic intuitions; they are constitutive in the self-consciousness of reflective thinking. But it is sad to record that so few persons on Urantia take delight in cultivating these qualities of courageous and independent cosmic thinking.

16:6.10 In the local universe mind bestowals, these three insights of the cosmic mind constitute the a priori assumptions which make it possible for man to function as a rational and self-conscious personality in the realms of science, philosophy, and religion. Stated otherwise, the recognition of the reality of these three manifestations of the Infinite is by a cosmic technique of self-revelation. Matter-energy is recognized by the mathematical logic of the senses; mind-reason intuitively knows its moral duty; spirit-faith (worship) is the religion of the reality of spiritual experience. These three basic factors in reflective thinking may be unified and co-ordinated in personality development, or they may become disproportionate and virtually unrelated in their respective functions. But when they become unified, they produce a strong character consisting in the correlation of a factual science, a moral philosophy, and a genuine religious experience. And it is these three cosmic intuitions that give objective validity, reality, to man's experience in and with things, meanings, and values.

16:6.11 It is the purpose of education to develop and sharpen these innate endowments of the human mind; of civilization to express them; of life experience to realize them; of religion to ennoble them; and of personality to unify them.

Me here: And what makes animal mind levels different from human self/mind/experience? Personality is the key!

16:7.2 The selective response of an animal is limited to the motor level of behavior. The supposed insight of the higher animals is on a motor level and usually appears only after the experience of motor trial and error. Man is able to exercise scientific, moral, and spiritual insight prior to all exploration or experimentation.

16:7.3 Only a personality can know what it is doing before it does it; only personalities possess insight in advance of experience. A personality can look before it leaps and can therefore learn from looking as well as from leaping. A nonpersonal animal ordinarily learns only by leaping.

16:7.4 As a result of experience an animal becomes able to examine the different ways of attaining a goal and to select an approach based on accumulated experience. But a personality can also examine the goal itself and pass judgment on its worth-whileness, its value. Intelligence alone can discriminate as to the best means of attaining indiscriminate ends, but a moral being possesses an insight which enables him to discriminate between ends as well as between means. And a moral being in choosing virtue is nonetheless intelligent. He knows what he is doing, why he is doing it, where he is going, and how he will get there.

Bradly 8)

PostPosted:  

Dear Bradly, thanks for highlighting all this!

For me, THE unique thing about the Urantia Book is its revelation about the fabulous phenomenon of "Personality"; that personality is eternally and absolutely distinct from {spirit, mind, matter}; that the First Source and Center delegated responsibilty for EVERYTHING except for... Personality.

Responsibilty for all things spiritual He gave/gives to the Eternal Son, responsibilty for all things to do with mind He gave/gives to the Infinite Spirit, and absolute control of matter He offloads to the the original machine, Paradise.

This delegation of everything that could be delegated (everything except Person-ness) got me thinking that this may be how the Father absolutely transforms himself as "I Am" into "We Are".

I mean, think about it: our Personality and our Adjuster are gifts bestowed directly from the First Source and Center! All else is a means to that blessed culmination, when the Father's family of descending and ascending children stand together on the shores of infinity after the completion of the master universe age,

UB 106:7.8 wrote:
"At the inconceivably distant future eternity moment of the final completion of the entire master universe, no doubt we will all look back upon its entire history as only the beginning, simply the creation of certain finite and transcendental foundations for even greater and more enthralling metamorphoses in uncharted infinity. At such a future eternity moment the master universe will still seem youthful; indeed, it will be always young in the face of the limitless possibilities of never-ending eternity. (1170.1, 106:7.8)

"enthralling metamorphoses in uncharted infinity" :shock: :biggrin:

thanks again!
Nigel

PostPosted:  

Jesus upholds the personality of other human individuals, in that he safeguards the Aristotelean path towards the ultimate good, for each human individual. The commission of the seventy Evangelists, and the works and missions of the Apostles, though somewhat a mystery, are directly attributable to his works. In Jesus, we find exaltation of personality possible "in the doing of the Father's will," not only for his satisfactory life and works, but for all men. "Jesus loves mankind with a dual affection. He lived on earth as a twofold personality - human and divine. As the Son of God he loves man with a fatherly love - he is man's Creator, his universe Father. As the Son of Man, Jesus loves mortals as a brother - he was truly a man among men. [140:5.2] I am truly humbled to think, in John 20:30 "Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book." The true extrapolation of the admonitions that Christ Michael has paid to all ascenders, even his own children. We are told to continually seek new means for new members to find employment [159:3.4, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5502&hilit=Evangelist&start=45#p71894 ]. How much more, therefore, is the true works of Jesus upon the face of Urantia?

159:3.2 Always respect the personality of man. Rule #1 given to his Teachers/Evangelists!!

Last edited by SEla_Kelly on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:23 am +0000, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Please reread 5:6.3 and 5:6.4.

Jesus does not uphold personality. Another declaration without any offer of text (or reason) in support. And the so called Arisototelean Path would be a function of mind whatever it might be. How are admonitions paid for or to?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next