Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:41 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Athiest Death
PostPosted:  

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 68959.html

This link is to an article about a NDE for an athiest. I think it exactly corresponds with what TUB says about death for an athiest, but I cannot find the reference. Anybody know where the references to athiest death is located?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Athiest Death
PostPosted:  

Greetings JWS!! I don't think I understand the question as I don't think there is any difference truly expect, perhaps, the "expectations" of the mind experiencing an NDE...but I look forward to clarification and other voices. This person sounds like many of my atheist friends (who, by and large, are more anti-religion than anti-God or nonreligious - meaning they live with hope, even if they deny it, and they live the golden rule and have love in their life and service motives and efforts on behalf of others - such "atheists" do grow soul and progress in the Spirit regardless of their beliefs) - emphasis mine, quote from the link provided:

"I have always been an atheist, but I have always had a part of me that hoped there was a God or Heaven or something greater than us. I mean, who wouldn't want there to be a Heaven?

"I am still an atheist, and now I know that there is no such thing as God or Heaven. At least not for me. My reasoning behind that is no God would ever put a person and family through such a experience.

"I am an Atheist, and always will be. But I believe that your belief is your belief. The only thing we can share is our own experiences and let people make up their own mind. People need to stop forcing their own beliefs onto others."

On approaching life after death…

"All I want to accomplish in life is to have fun and make other people's lives better as best as I can.

"No personal achievement will matter to me once I'm dead, the only thing that will live on after my death will be my impact on the people that are still alive. And hopefully my impact will be positive!"

In summary:

"Death is death. Once your dead, that's it, it's over."

...said the man who died twice.

While I certainly do not agree with the "man who died twice", I find it fascinating that such ones have hope and kindness and love response.....truth, beauty, and goodness matter to such claimants and their fruits attend them....despite belief and proclamation! I don't know if such ones have a different NDE (I am not convinced there is any real uniformity in these) than believers may....but I don't think the actual result is different.....awakened upon the Mansion World for a little clarification, education, and example of the WAY. But I speculate......

8)

PostPosted:  

I don't put much stock in the validity of NDE's in general but logically a clinically dead atheist experiencing nothing doesn't prove anything since numerous devout life-long atheists have reported NDE's and numerous devout life-long believers have reported nothing after being pronounced clinically dead.

PostPosted:  

I guess the answer lies in the individual.

A "real" atheist does not believe in God and does not want to believe in God. In the extreme of definition of the word atheist, this person has rejected the very idea of a deity. He/she has made a choice and that choice will be honored.

But reality, I think, tells a different story.

Most "atheists" have more rejected what has been presented to them as religion, rather than what is in reality God.

Many so called atheists love Truth, love Beauty and love Love. So they, in reality love God, for that is what He is, as opposed to what they have been told He was.

I for one err on the side of caution on this subject, for I wonder if some of the ardent religionists who pollute our world may end up on the side or extinction while many of those whom they condemn will survive and be with us for eternity.

PostPosted:  

I was looking for a TUB reference that I thought I've read about the experience of death for non-believers. Don't they go to sleep and experience nothing until the judgment of the age? When they are awakened and told "Yes, Virginia there really is a God".

PostPosted:  

The differences are after mortal/material death and have to do with being a third circler (personal Guardian level) or not. Sleeping survivors go to Mansonia in 3 days or not until the dispensational roll call. Lots of believers may also be taken up upon a roll call. Hard to say.

8)

PostPosted:  

Here's the text which describes the slumber cycle of sleeping survivors but I doubt it is what you describe. I do not recall any information about NDEs in the Urantia Book....but my recall is not what it once was either. Hope this helps:

(1231.12) 112:4.12 If, when death overtakes you, you have attained the third circle or a higher realm and therefore have had assigned to you a personal guardian of destiny, and if the final transcript of the summary of survival character submitted by the Adjuster is unconditionally certified by the destiny guardian — if both seraphim and Adjuster essentially agree in every item of their life records and recommendations — if the Universal Censors and their reflective associates on Uversa confirm this data and do so without equivocation or reservation, in that event the Ancients of Days flash forth the mandate of advanced standing over the communication circuits to Salvington, and, thus released, the tribunals of the Sovereign of Nebadon will decree the immediate passage of the surviving soul to the resurrection halls of the mansion worlds.

(1232.1) 112:4.13 If the human individual survives without delay, the Adjuster, so I am instructed, registers at Divinington, proceeds to the Paradise presence of the Universal Father, returns immediately and is embraced by the Personalized Adjusters of the superuniverse and local universe of assignment, receives the recognition of the chief Personalized Monitor of Divinington, and then, at once, passes into the “realization of identity transition,” being summoned therefrom on the third period and on the mansion world in the actual personality form made ready for the reception of the surviving soul of the earth mortal as that form has been projected by the guardian of destiny.

(1234.3) 112:5.14 At death the functional identity associated with the human personality is disrupted through the cessation of vital motion. Human personality, while transcending its constituent parts, is dependent on them for functional identity. The stoppage of life destroys the physical brain patterns for mind endowment, and the disruption of mind terminates mortal consciousness. The consciousness of that creature cannot subsequently reappear until a cosmic situation has been arranged which will permit the same human personality again to function in relationship with living energy.

(1234.4) 112:5.15 During the transit of surviving mortals from the world of origin to the mansion worlds, whether they experience personality reassembly on the third period or ascend at the time of a group resurrection, the record of personality constitution is faithfully preserved by the archangels on their worlds of special activities. These beings are not the custodians of personality (as the guardian seraphim are of the soul), but it is nonetheless true that every identifiable factor of personality is effectually safeguarded in the custody of these dependable trustees of mortal survival. As to the exact whereabouts of mortal personality during the time intervening between death and survival, we do not know.

PostPosted:  

ALL Have ONE Final Choice to Choose !

all will creatures are to experience one true opportunity to make one undoubted, self-conscious, and final choice.

(1233.4) 112:5.8 The governments of Orvonton and Nebadon do not claim absolute perfection for the detail working of the universal plan of mortal repersonalization, but they do claim to, and actually do, manifest patience, tolerance, understanding, and merciful sympathy. We had rather assume the risk of a system rebellion than to court the hazard of depriving one struggling mortal from any evolutionary world of the eternal joy of pursuing the ascending career.

(1233.5) 112:5.9 This does not mean that human beings are to enjoy a second opportunity in the face of the rejection of a first, not at all. But it does signify that all will creatures are to experience one true opportunity to make one undoubted, self-conscious, and final choice. The sovereign Judges of the universes will not deprive any being of personality status who has not finally and fully made the eternal choice; the soul of man must and will be given full and ample opportunity to reveal its true intent and real purpose.

PostPosted:  

The Austin Group had a very interesting discussion on this topic and all agreed that the U.B. made it clear, God give all a chance to make a final choosing up to the very end, standing before the council while in Morantia form.

Gods love is so Unconditional that he want all to make an informed choice.

We all thought it would be inconceivable for some one standing in one of the first Spiritual realms to behold would reject there final offer.

But we have to understand a life lived without any choosing to feed their soul or pausing to turn in action while an adjuster pleas to them. may not have any capacity for such a choice.

And on this world there have been person h\whom choosing to reject God has been a life style.

PostPosted:  

I personally dont think an athiest nde is different than a person who believes and has a nde. I've been reading comments on how people discredit NDEs and I'm not sure why. I think these people haven't put in enough research. Ive read countless NDEa and once you do, you start noticing the similarities.
People often talk about how their vision is 360 degrees, how they communicate telepathically, and how they feel extreme unconditional love. People often talk about how their NDE was more real than this life. With that being said, not one NDE is the same. They're all different bc they're based on that person's personal experience. Yet most of them have the same characteristics. That tells you right there it's not a hallucination. If you dig deeper, you find people who were completely brain dead yet still had an NDE. Check out Eben Alexander.