Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:12 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hello U.B readers,
I have made an effort to entice, coax and even offer printed pages of the Urantia Book to my friends, family, and associates, and surprise, surprise... (or probably not) no one shows the least interest. Not even the ones who tell me that they wonder about life, death and the beyond, for whenever I tell them that there is a book with all the answers, they are... 'sigh... too busy at the moment to read about Gods... angels... the past... ...and in any case I might die if I think about death..."

But the most appalling thing I am experiencing is the following...
"Were there people in the world in 1870?" (My cousin)
"White people have life-extension chips in their bodies, controlled by a computer in America- that is why they live long..." (A local pastor)
"Do stars switch off during the day?" (A friend)
"When a newborn cries too much, it has a snake in the stomach..." A neighbor where I live)
"When you see a snake, grasp your wrist with your other hand and don't let go- that immobilizes the snake..." (Another neighbor)
And... "It is wrong to question/doubt the bible..."

The above scenario presents a challenge. Personally, I find the revelations from the book very uplifting and I have noted the transformations in my life, and especially my mind/thoughts. I am more consciously mindful of anger, irritation, annoyance, improper or rude talk and the debasing of individuals or groups based on gender, age or social class. I am also pleasantly surprised to find out that I am in control of erotic urges more than ever... compared to when such thoughts occupied my mind 80, if not 90% of the time. About death; before finding the truth, I yearned for it, but now, I tell God that it is His Will, not mine. All the same, I have never feared death in my life.

The real challenge is telling others of the source of my transformations. After much thought and contemplation concerning the matter, I realize that rather than ambush the others with the book, I live as Jesus did; simply, selflessly, and devotedly to the Father's Will. In such a manner will I make a difference that will then attract others to come to me with questions, not I to them with unasked answers. At the same time, I am elated since the ignorance exhibited here is rich fodder if, at some time in the future, devoted and sincere Urantia Book Students are to start a Caligastia-like center of civilization.

I also believe that if we as truthseekers sincerely and faithfully ask Christ Michael for help, He would definitely answer.

A truthseeker, Daniel.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

My wife has mild to no interest in the Urantia Book. However, she did say something very interesting.

It saddens my wife that I am not a Christian (a least not in the traditional sense, belief in the Bible, attending church etc.). But when I told her that I am open to the teachings of the Urantia Book, she said this is a good thing if there is overlap with what the Bible teaches and if it makes me a follower of Jesus.

That surprised me because many Christians would invoke Satan if you were to whip out the Urantia Book.

PostPosted:  

A couple times at the VA psych clinic waiting for appt. I left copy of TUB in the waiting room with take me home note on it.
Always gone when I return. Must be someone interested because all the other mags and books remain.
Some of these men and women are in such bad shape - it’s either soul steeling vedgetative state inducing meds or suicide.
There is salvation for those that may take a copy home and spend some time reading.
I have never had success introducing anyone including my wife to the revealation.
Ya got to sneak it into someone’s life with stealth unbeknownst to them.
At least it’s an alternative.
Certainly living the truth will touch someone’s soul too. But I have not had much success with that.

PostPosted:  

Wiffenzebe and William S - as I posted in the other post - the book 4 has been amazing to me - haven't been in a church for 30+ years - but the Spirit of Christ is all in you r own Mind anyway - each person on this planet can be "in the Spirit" of Christ - each one in their own Mind and thoughts - do not need to go to a "church" - the Spirit of Christ - Jesus - love God with all your Heart. Soul and Mind and love your neighbor as yourself - just 2 things to do - not too hard if you want to better yourself and your Soul and your Spirit

anyway - not sure if stars switch off at all - maybe they fluctuate -
I have the same things here in thailand - even with Buddhism and is ok - but a lot of things like you mention - what is this or that or superstitions etc... on and on - just people not informed enough about anything and everything - not saying that I know any more - am always learning and reading everyday

but yes - you just have to live and show other people as you live how you do what you KNOW - I know there is life after this body dies - I know that Mind is over matter - I KNOW my Soul and Spirit is eternal and everlasting - no I don't preach to anyone and don;t talk much about it - my thai is not so good so no religious conversations with my thai wife much or thai people I know - anyway ... onwards and upwards - just have to show by words and deeds as you can to help other human beings you know to try to help them if you can as you can - is up to each one of us to try to become more spiritual - have to want to learn and know - can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink is the saying ... - all the best to you in Kenya !

PostPosted:  

Jesus never started a "church" he only wanted spiritual brotherhood of all men - in the Spirit... anyway - will not "belabor" the point - Christian churches have mainly gone way off course - some good - some not - it doesn't matter - the Spirit of Christ is within each human being to know or show it or not - up to each Human Being to reach out to find - if they want to find - do not have to attend a church for your own Spiritual enlightenment - but you do need to help other humans as you can - yes going to church is good - but not if you screw someone over on monday after going to church on sunday 5 5 5 ok ok ok nuff said point noted - every minute - think and do good thoughts and deeds

anyway - back to my reading of the UB tonight - onwards and upwards always!