Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:18 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Thank you... Good way to start my day. :smile:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

alwilliams767 wrote:
Hi William! Welcome to out little dysfunctional family. We are glad you are here.
Yeah, we've all, (well most of us anyways) tried singing the praises of the Book from the rooftops. Most of us have the scars from trying that route.
I have found that living the life which the text teaches us to live is one of the better ways of spreading the message. Most times folks just like to be loved, but occasionally (very occasionally) someone will really be interested, and that is the time to share just a pinch of the Truth of the Book. The really had part is just limiting it to a pinch, usually my pinch turns into an avalanche, and, yep, I've lost another candidate. Turns out its really hard to stop once the floodgates are opened! But maybe you will have more restraint.

Quote:
56:10.20 To finite man truth, beauty, and goodness embrace the full revelation of divinity reality. As this love-comprehension of Deity finds spiritual expression in the lives of God-knowing mortals, there are yielded the fruits of divinity: intellectual peace, social progress, moral satisfaction, spiritual joy, and cosmic wisdom. The advanced mortals on a world in the seventh stage of light and life have learned that love is the greatest thing in the universe—and they know that God is love.

56:10.21 Love is the desire to do good to others.

So if you simply go about doing good to others then you are living the will of God, which is pretty much what the entire Book is about. After all, the words on the pages are just that, words. It is how YOU interpret them into YOUR life which matters. This Revelation is just beginning to take hold on the world. We are the first raindrops, scattered widely across a dry and dusty plain, but behind us in the distant future will be a torrent of spiritual uprising. It is our job to simply dampen the earth.

Peace out.
Al

I sometimes read the book in public places (airport, park, cafe) hoping somebody will see the cover and either I'll meet a fellow reader, or someone will ask "Hey, what's that book?" Nothing yet. And yeah I know, a big bulky tome is NOT something easy to carry around! Which is why I only do it now and then. Carrying a tablet or e-book is much easier, but not an attention grabber.

PostPosted:  

William S - hi and I am a new reader myself this year - had a UB 20+ years ago and read a bit but just got into big time the last few months - still getting thru it all - I started the post on the life and teachings of JC - the other members have more knowledge on the UB so will just say it has been super interesting reading for me - started a bit at book 1 then jumped to book 4 - grew up with Christian Science myself - have read the bible cover to cover a couple of times - but am amazed at the detail of book 4 on JC myself - but get reading it and soak it all up and see what you think - amazing amounts of details on Life - Spirit and goodness and history of Life everywhere - it should be an amazing read on how things may really be - just we didn't know it yet - anyway - will let the others be more detailed as they have read the book way longer than I have - but some great commenters on this site for sure - all are here to help and have helped me out a lot already !
steve
thailand via north america

PostPosted:  

William S - also a good online site for reading the UB or to copy and paste anything !

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-st ... -jerusalem