Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:42 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
It is my understanding that "the spiritual circuits of the Divine Minister" is the Holy Spirit and Cosmic Mind ministries (not just the adjutants), all combined in human mind,

Yes it is the Holy Spirit, but not the lower five adjutants because they are not included in the spiritual circuits of the Divine Minister due to the fact that they cannot affect the evolution of the Supreme. They are antecedent to encircuitment by the Holy Spirit. References:

(403.4) 36:5.16 The adjutant mind-spirits are in no manner directly related to the diverse and highly spiritual function of the spirit of the personal presence of the Divine Minister, the Holy Spirit of the inhabited worlds; but they are functionally antecedent to, and preparatory for, the appearance of this very spirit in evolutionary man. The adjutants afford the Universe Mother Spirit a varied contact with, and control over, the material living creatures of a local universe, but they do not repercuss in the Supreme Being when acting on prepersonality levels.

fanofVan wrote:
all combined in human mind, which then subsequently or concurrently makes way for the Father's gifts of personality and free will. Or did Andon and Fonta have personality before the 6th and 7th Adjutant connections and the ministry of the Holy Spirit?

Logically free will precedes the arrival of the Holy Spirit of the soul since such a thing is dependent upon a free-will decision. Ergo, personality would by necessity precede entry into the seventh psychic circle and arrival of the Holy Spirit.

In the reference (1186.8 ) 108:2.1 it is written that the first moral choice of the human child indicates united adjutant function. Take note of the use of the word "human" when describing the child. A child cannot be considered a human being unless it has a personality. The child's personality has developed the mind to the level of "human" mind, meaning all seven adjutants in play.

(1186.8 ) 108:2.1 Though the Adjusters volunteer for service as soon as the personality forecasts have been relayed to Divinington, they are not actually assigned until the human subjects make their first moral personality decision. The first moral choice of the human child is automatically indicated in the seventh mind-adjutant and registers instantly, by way of the local universe Creative Spirit, over the universal mind-gravity circuit of the Conjoint Actor in the presence of the Master Spirit of superuniverse jurisdiction, who forthwith dispatches this intelligence to Divinington.

fanofVan wrote:
Are human children born with personality and free will and connected to the Holy Spirit? It would certainly appear so by my own experience with children and grandchildren.

Personality and free will do not connect an individual to the Holy Spirit. Personality is in direct contact with the Universal Father through his personality circuit. The Holy Spirit is only concerned with the mind of the soul. The personality has no contact with the Holy Spirit prior to the birth of the soul. The personality's exposure to the Divine Minister prior to the birth of the soul is through the adjutants. The Holy Spirit is the spirit presence of the Divine Minister much like the Spirit of Truth is the spirit presence of Michael of Nebadon. A divine presence cannot reside in a material adjutant mind, ergo the birth of the soul which is partially spiritual by nature, being morontial.

fanofVan wrote:
And it is human mind, not the adjutants, that give birth to soul in partnership with the God Fragment/TA. Or so I understand.

It is personality using the adjutant mind that gives birth to the soul. Mind alone cannot do such a thing. As soon as the human child personality reaches up to the spirit level with conscious desire, the Holy Spirit reaches down. The Thought Adjuster is not necessary for a soul. All that is necessary is the Holy Spirit and the sincere desire of the personality using its adjutant mind as the moral soil. The Holy Spirit prepares the soul for the coming of the Thought Adjuster. The Thought Adjuster cannot indwell the mind until it has been prepared by the Holy Spirit. Reference:

(1187.1) 108:2.2 The Adjusters cannot invade the mortal mind until it has been duly prepared by the indwelling ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits and encircuited in the Holy Spirit.

fanofVan wrote:
Perhaps we might even consider the higher adjutants (but not the lower 5) relationship with the midwayers, a most unique ministry and confluence I think...and maybe even related to the current topic here of adjutants and soul relationship - if any!?

The fact that the secondary midwayers are encircuited by the two higher adjutants has nothing at all to do with adjutant function in human mind. There is no confluence. The reason why they utilize the two higher adjutants is because they are closest to humans in spirituality. The two higher adjutants are the only two within the spiritual circuits of the Divine Minister's mind ministry. The primary midwayers, being of a higher morontia order than the secondary midwayers, do not need any adjutant ministry and instead rely on direct contact with the cosmic mind, which is what Urantians will also do on the mansion worlds.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thanks kat for such clarity and perspective and related text...you shine!

:idea:

PostPosted:  

"Adjutant mind" refers to a mind, your mind. "Adjutant mind-spirits" refers to the spirits that minister your mind.

   ─────────────────────
Be you perfecting, even as I am perfecting.

Last edited by supermath on Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:15 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

supermath wrote:
"Adjustant mind" refers to a mind, your mind. "Adjustant mind-spirits" refers to the spirits that minister your mind. After all your years of Urantia reading and forum patrolling, how hard can you not see the glaring difference?

So...this is personal. As I suspected. Hmmmm….the voice sounds familiar...echoes from the past....not too distant. Feels like a grudge and some old ax grinding. The old yapping bark of the ankle biter is back I suspect. And already irrelevant....

No interest in your topic then....just here to insult me and score points? As you wish.... :roll: Carry on!

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:23 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

kat - so free will and personality arrive with but not by adjutant mind at or sometime prior to birth, they combine to evolve the birth of soul which brings all 3 of the higher Spirits into ministry. But the Holy Spirit does not arrive to any primitive or child or person until after birth of soul which also brings the TA endowment. And on worlds where the Son's gifted spirit is released, the Spirit of Truth also arrives with the birth of soul...as I understand your post above. So personality, free will, and the adjutants of worship and wisdom develop the mortal/material mind to cultivate the morality and early evolutionary religious experience sufficient to give birth to soul...as I understand.

Do you think then that faith is established by the evolutionary religious experience with adjutant mind prior to the soul's birth and the Holy Spirit arrives? We know the TA brings a new form of and level of ministry - personal revelation and the truth ministry.

Once soul is born and the 3 higher Spirits arrive, then all 3 are initiating urges and yearns and whispers to develop the evolutionary faith response and the higher revelatory truth response cycles which feed and grow the soul or morontia/mid mind - the living waters which nurture soul. And as the branch chooses to attach to the vine and we grow and progress in Spirit, the morontia mind/soul is becoming assertive and self determined. And by this we are beginning to transfer the seat of identity. Does that sound right?

And what is the role of the higher adjutants during our circle progress and spiritization by the TA and higher Spirits during our initial, material life on the world of origin? How are they connected to soul, if at all? The mortal mind is still making Circle Progress decisions and facing all of our choices with cognitive material mind...so how do the adjutants of worship and wisdom function on behalf of personal spiritual progress and the religious experience of mortal mind once soul is born and the Holy Spirit, TA, and Spirit of Truth are engaged? And what's the difference between the Holy Spirit and Cosmic Mind?

I appreciate the discussion and discovery kat!! Glad somebody, if not the originator, wants to discuss the topic...which is different than Nigel's subject on the adjutants....this one is focused on the higher 2 adjutants only and their relationship to soul. Very interesting.

112:6.6 (1236.4) There are no influences in the local universe career comparable to the seven adjutant mind-spirits of human existence. The morontia mind must evolve by direct contact with cosmic mind, as this cosmic mind has been modified and translated by the creative source of local universe intellect—the Divine Minister.

112:6.7 (1236.5) Mortal mind, prior to death, is self-consciously independent of the Adjuster presence; adjutant mind needs only the associated material-energy pattern to enable it to operate. But the morontia soul, being superadjutant, does not retain self-consciousness without the Adjuster when deprived of the material-mind mechanism. This evolving soul does, however, possess a continuing character derived from the decisions of its former associated adjutant mind, and this character becomes active memory when the patterns thereof are energized by the returning Adjuster.

112:6.8 (1236.6) The persistence of memory is proof of the retention of the identity of original selfhood; it is essential to complete self-consciousness of personality continuity and expansion. Those mortals who ascend without Adjusters are dependent on the instruction of seraphic associates for the reconstruction of human memory; otherwise the morontia souls of the Spirit-fused mortals are not limited. The pattern of memory persists in the soul, but this pattern requires the presence of the former Adjuster to become immediately self-realizable as continuing memory. Without the Adjuster, it requires considerable time for the mortal survivor to re-explore and relearn, to recapture, the memory consciousness of the meanings and values of a former existence.

112:6.9 (1237.1) The soul of survival value faithfully reflects both the qualitative and the quantitative actions and motivations of the material intellect, the former seat of the identity of selfhood. In the choosing of truth, beauty, and goodness, the mortal mind enters upon its premorontia universe career under the tutelage of the seven adjutant mind-spirits unified under the direction of the spirit of wisdom. Subsequently, upon the completion of the seven circles of premorontia attainment, the superimposition of the endowment of morontia mind upon adjutant mind initiates the prespiritual or morontia career of local universe progression.

112:6.10 (1237.2) When a creature leaves his native planet, he leaves the adjutant ministry behind and becomes solely dependent on morontia intellect. When an ascender leaves the local universe, he has attained the spiritual level of existence, having passed beyond the morontia level. This newly appearing spirit entity then becomes attuned to the direct ministry of the cosmic mind of Orvonton.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
[...] Hmmmm….the voice sound familiar...echoes from the past....not too distant. [...]

[...] score points? [...]

Since you have implicitly implied that you have received my points. I have edited out the part you find objectionable. To get my way of undertanding across to you has been my sole purpose all along.

I can assure you I am not whoever you connected me with.

To paraphrase: "love the error maker, ..."

   ─────────────────────
Be you perfecting, even as I am perfecting.

PostPosted:  

supermath wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
[...] Hmmmm….the voice sound familiar...echoes from the past....not too distant. [...]

[...] score points? [...]

Since you have implicitly implied that you have received my points. I have edited out the part you find objectionable. To get my way of undertanding across to you has been my sole purpose all along.

I can assure you I am not whoever you connected me with.

To paraphrase: "love the error maker, ..."

I understand...getting your way is important to you.

So far, being disagreeable with me appears to be your only purpose and "way" here. Still nothing on your topic?

As to your denial of identity, we shall see. Someone once said no matter where you go there you are....still.

8)

PostPosted:  

supermath wrote:
"Adjutant mind" refers to a mind, your mind. "Adjutant mind-spirits" refers to the spirits that minister your mind.

So, my dog's mind is not Adjutant mind then? Hmmm...

PostPosted:  

Quote:
(403.4) 36:5.16 The adjutant mind-spirits are in no manner directly related to the diverse and highly spiritual function of the spirit of the personal presence of the Divine Minister, the Holy Spirit of the inhabited worlds; but they are functionally antecedent to, and preparatory for, the appearance of this very spirit in evolutionary man. The adjutants afford the Universe Mother Spirit a varied contact with, and control over, the material living creatures of a local universe, but they do not repercuss in the Supreme Being when acting on prepersonality levels.

Wouldn't this mean then that adjutant mind-spirits servicing an animal don't contribute to the growth of The Supreme Being but that adjutant mind-spirits servicing a human may?

PostPosted:  

It means that all living creatures on Urantia share in the same ministry, the spirit of intuition. It means that even the trees and the soils keep a record of the good that humanity has done to the planet. It means that children should grow up with other living creatures, should keep doves on their roofs, have vines growing over their shelters, and should "pitch in" with the simple chores that aide in the establishment of verdant arable soils. So maybe wolfs or cats could possess the spirit of counsel, but it is only that humans would possess the spirit of wisdom, and in order to coharmonise with all living creature, in the means of animal husbandry.

It is well-known: the first appearance of "gregarious" traits in living creatures preambled the firstfruits of the spirit of counsel inside the animal-tabernacles. But the spirit of counsel did not really functional until pack-hunting were well developed trait, or for the wildebeast to surround their younglings. When the spirit of counsel overarched evololutionary development of mortal living creatures, especially the bird and mammal families, now these families all depending on human beings to protect their numbers, much as in the Olden Testament.

I am sorry but I must speak to the prospect: interference in the human reception of the spirit of worship and/or wisdom, due to mental defection. Mental defection: "to stray from the straight and narrow path", as it would originally be known by a human who never did sin. If a person sins, what happens to the spirit of worship? What happens to the spirit of worship when a person sins? Broken worship. Broken moment in time. Broken wisdom, of course. A Ripple in time. A ripple in time that affects every creature on the planet, don't underestimate little or big. And in that time, maybe your pet your child, your husband, your brother or sister, will inherit the ripple of your broken worship, your choice stricken against the wisdom you have eretofore garnered. That is not for a wolf to keep. It will return to human wisdom again somehow even if it is carried, or spoken as if the birdman of Egyptian lore is such a monstrosity never to be gazed at by compassionate child. I mean, those ancient hieroglyphs were the images falconers or foremen oversight of the building the pyramids. Those Egyptians must have seen themselves as Bird-Men. Joseph bin Jacob, or Israel, went into Egypt and became Chief Counsel to Pharoah, even preparing the path for his own siblings.
In that age before Jesus they were connected to the ministry of the adjutant mind spirits, in a way that led them to liken themselves with such majestic creatures.

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
Quote:

Wouldn't this mean then that adjutant mind-spirits servicing an animal don't contribute to the growth of The Supreme Being but that adjutant mind-spirits servicing a human may?

I don't think that's quite right Riktare. But perhaps I don't understand the question...or the answer - hahaha. The highest two adjutants, worship and wisdom, repercuss in the human/mortal mind by evolutionary, faith based religious experience by which righteousness does go to soul and to the Supreme. Nothing goes to the Supreme, I do not think, except via the Holy Spirit from the soul. The experiences of truth, beauty, and goodness may derive in mortal mind from the highest adjutant ministry. I think this is a two step process - human mind to soul, soul to Supreme - and the soul/mid/moronitia mind is not connected to the adjutants.

However the quote does seem to logically imply that there is a difference between prepersonality levels and personality ministry...or the lower 5 compared to the upper 2...so perhaps you read it right after all. The issue is the lower adjutants do not release or connect the Holy Spirit ministry but the higher ones do but is it the higher adjutants that repercuss in the Supreme Being or the soul and Holy Spirit? Sounds like we need to consider researching more about the Supreme and the soul.

:?:

117:0.3 (1278.3) When an evolving mind becomes attuned to the circuits of cosmic mind, when an evolving universe becomes stabilized after the pattern of the central universe, when an advancing spirit contacts the united ministry of the Master Spirits, when an ascending mortal personality finally attunes to the divine leading of the indwelling Adjuster, then has the actuality of the Supreme become real by one more degree in the universes; then has the divinity of Supremacy advanced one more step toward cosmic realization.

117:3.6 (1282.1) Mortal man, being a creature, is not exactly like the Supreme Being, who is deity, but man’s evolution does in some ways resemble the growth of the Supreme. Man consciously grows from the material toward the spiritual by the strength, power, and persistency of his own decisions; he also grows as his Thought Adjuster develops new techniques for reaching down from the spiritual to the morontial soul levels; and once the soul comes into being, it begins to grow in and of itself.

117:3.7 (1282.2) This is somewhat like the way in which the Supreme Being expands. His sovereignty grows in and out of the acts and achievements of the Supreme Creator Personalities; that is the evolution of the majesty of his power as the ruler of the grand universe. His deity nature is likewise dependent on the pre-existent unity of the Paradise Trinity. But there is still another aspect to the evolution of God the Supreme: He is not only Creator-evolved and Trinity-derived; he is also self-evolved and self-derived. God the Supreme is himself a volitional, creative participant in his own deity actualization. The human morontial soul is likewise a volitional, cocreative partner in its own immortalization.

117:6.8 (1289.1) All soul-evolving humans are literally the evolutionary sons of God the Father and God the Mother, the Supreme Being. But until such time as mortal man becomes soul-conscious of his divine heritage, this assurance of Deity kinship must be faith realized. Human life experience is the cosmic cocoon in which the universe endowments of the Supreme Being and the universe presence of the Universal Father (none of which are personalities) are evolving the morontia soul of time and the human-divine finaliter character of universe destiny and eternal service.

Question: Is mortal mind spiritized? Or is only the soul? Is it our minds that enjoy and reflect Circle Progress or only our cosmic mind/soul/midmind? Is wisdom divided between material and spiritual? Do those reside in different places? The TA attempts contact with super mindedness or the super conscious - which is morontia/soul mind , right?

It appears I have more questions than answers!

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:09 am +0000, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
so free will and personality arrive with but not by adjutant mind at or sometime prior to birth,

Personality is a gift of the Father. Mind is a gift of the Infinite Spirit. Personality is bestowed upon cosmic mind, which is the source of capacity potential for the expression of a personality. A living cosmic mind and adjutant ministry system may be all that is necessary for personality bestowal since personality can be bestowed on either a mind or spirit energy system. References:

(1225.4) 112:0.4 2. It may be bestowed upon any living energy system which includes mind or spirit.

(71.1) 5:6.6  Capacity for divine personality is inherent in the prepersonal Adjuster; capacity for human personality is potential in the cosmic-mind endowment of the human being.

Also, the cosmic mind along with adjutant ministry evolves the physical body for the personality, but since each physical body is personal and somewhat characteristic of the individual, one presumes personality pattern is bestowed early in the process. Unfortunately, the authors do not specifically inform us of that directly. Reference:

(483.11) 42:12.11 The liaison of the cosmic mind and the ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits evolve a suitable physical tabernacle for the evolving human being. Likewise does the morontia mind individualize the morontia form for all mortal survivors. As the mortal body is personal and characteristic for every human being, so will the morontia form be highly individual and adequately characteristic of the creative mind which dominates it.

The authors only clearly indicate when the personality of Jesus arrived, presumably because his personality existed prior to birth, being that he is existential. Although the very source of the human personality exists prior to birth, the timing of the actual assignment of an individual personality to a physical experiential being, is not mentioned specifically. What it is written however is that a child very early develops an ego. I don't think an ego is possible without a personality, since it is the material sense of identity. One presumes personality is present very, very early in life, probably even before birth. I think the before birth scenario is a matter of faith. Right now only the Father knows when he decides to gift personality. Reference:

(1131.8 ) 103:2.9 But before a child has developed sufficiently to acquire moral capacity and therefore to be able to choose altruistic service, he has already developed a strong and well-unified egoistic nature.

fanofVan wrote:
But the Holy Spirit does not arrive to any primitive or child or person until after birth of soul which also brings the TA endowment.

The Holy Spirit arrives simultaneously with the birth of the soul, not after the birth of the soul. The Holy Spirit is the soul's intelligence, the mind of the soul. There can be no soul if there is no morontia mind in which to store the new memory patterns which are the potentials of identity in the next life. References:

101.3.2  Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic mind in association with the Thought Adjuster, which is the Father’s gift to man. Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy Spirit, the Creative Spirit’s gift to man. Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the children of men. And the co-ordination and interassociation of these spirit endowments constitute man a spirit personality in potential destiny.

112:6.7   Mortal mind, prior to death, is self-consciously independent of the Adjuster presence; adjutant mind needs only the associated material-energy pattern to enable it to operate. But the morontia soul, being superadjutant, does not retain self-consciousness without the Adjuster when deprived of the material-mind mechanism. This evolving soul does, however, possess a continuing character derived from the decisions of its former associated adjutant mind, and this character becomes active memory when the patterns thereof are energized by the returning Adjuster.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Do you think then that faith is established by the evolutionary religious experience with adjutant mind prior to the soul's birth and the Holy Spirit arrives?

Faith is a gift from the Father. It comes after soul birth. The adjutants provide first a fear stimulus and then admonish it with a sense of duty as they evolve. The fear stimulus is the ministry of the spirit of worship, a sense of duty, or morality, is the stimulus of the spirit of wisdom. References:

(948.6) 85:7.1 Nature worship may seem to have arisen naturally and spontaneously in the minds of primitive men and women, and so it did; but there was operating all this time in these same primitive minds the sixth adjutant spirit, which had been bestowed upon these peoples as a directing influence of this phase of human evolution. And this spirit was constantly stimulating the worship urge of the human species, no matter how primitive its first manifestations might be. The spirit of worship gave definite origin to the human impulse to worship, notwithstanding that animal fear motivated the expression of worshipfulness, and that its early practice became centered upon objects of nature.

(1110.13) 101:5.10 Evolutionary religion is the outworking of the endowment of the local universe mind adjutant charged with the creation and fostering of the worship trait in evolving man. Such primitive religions are directly concerned with ethics and morals, the sense of human duty.

Once worship and wisdom cross the threshold of spirit ministry (birth of the soul), the gift of faith provides an impulse for the search of perfection. It is proof that "the Father has found you".

(1537.4) 137:8.17 “John came preaching repentance to prepare you for the kingdom; now have I come proclaiming faith, the gift of God, as the price of entrance into the kingdom of heaven. If you would but believe that my Father loves you with an infinite love, then you are in the kingdom of God.”

(1610.2) 143:2.7 Your secret of the mastery of self is bound up with your faith in the indwelling spirit, which ever works by love. Even this saving faith you have not of yourselves; it also is the gift of God.

fanofVan wrote:
Once soul is born and the 3 higher Spirits arrive, then all 3 are initiating urges and yearns and whispers to develop the evolutionary faith response and the higher revelatory truth response cycles which feed and grow the soul or morontia/mid mind - the living waters which nurture soul. And as the branch chooses to attach to the vine and we grow and progress in Spirit, the morontia mind/soul is becoming assertive and self determined. And by this we are beginning to transfer the seat of identity. Does that sound right?

Yes, essentially, but I don't know what you mean by truth response cycles. Growth of the soul is dependent entirely upon the personality acting upon its sincere idea-decisions which have been combined and spiritized by the Adjuster who then associates them with the material, finite mind. The Spirit of Truth then directs the human compliment of that combined and spiritized decision presented to the material mind into action within the personality's living relationships. That is, if the personality's will allows it. The sovereignty of the personality can halt this transaction at any time.

(1112:3) 101:6.7 Revelation teaches mortal man that, to start such a magnificent and intriguing adventure through space by means of the progression of time, he should begin by the organization of knowledge into idea-decisions; next, mandate wisdom to labor unremittingly at its noble task of transforming self-possessed ideas into increasingly practical but nonetheless supernal ideals, even those concepts which are so reasonable as ideas and so logical as ideals that the Adjuster dares so to combine and spiritize them as to render them available for such association in the finite mind as will constitute them the actual human complement thus made ready for the action of the Truth Spirit of the Sons, the time-space manifestations of Paradise truth—universal truth. The co-ordination of idea-decisions, logical ideals, and divine truth constitutes the possession of a righteous character, the prerequisite for mortal admission to the ever-expanding and increasingly spiritual realities of the morontia worlds.

The living waters are not just for the soul. Living waters also involve service. Reference:

(1931.4) 178:1.13If the unbeliever can qualify as a superior civil servant, you should seriously question whether the roots of truth in your heart have not died from the lack of the living waters of combined spiritual communion and social service. The consciousness of sonship with God should quicken the entire life service of every man, woman, and child who has become the possessor of such a mighty stimulus to all the inherent powers of a human personality.

The soul lives and grows in and of itself. All man can do is provide the moral soil and the power of personality decisions, the rest is in the hands of the Father. Identity is not personality but personality is in charge of choosing identity. The more choices the personality makes for divinity, the more it is identifying with the source of divinity in its soul. But simply identifying with divinity is not enough, the personality must actually do the Father's will in order for actual identity transference to occur as it also contributes to the Supreme. References:

(1282:1 117:3.6) Mortal man, being a creature, is not exactly like the Supreme Being, who is deity, but man's evolution does in some ways resemble the growth of the Supreme. Man consciously grows from the material toward the spiritual by the strength, power, and persistency of his own decisions; he also grows as his Thought Adjuster develops new techniques for reaching down from the spiritual to the morontial soul levels; and once the soul comes into being, it begins to grow in and of itself.

(2096:1) 196:3.22 Morality is the essential pre-existent soil of personal God-consciousness, the personal realization of the Adjuster's inner presence, but such morality is not the source of religious experience and the resultant spiritual insight.

(1225.7) 112.0.7  5. Personality, while devoid of identity, can unify the identity of any living energy system.

(1303.2) 118.8.11  An automatic universe reaction is stable and, in some form, continuing in the cosmos. A personality who knows God and desires to do his will, who has spirit insight, is divinely stable and eternally existent. Man’s great universe adventure consists in the transit of his mortal mind from the stability of mechanical statics to the divinity of spiritual dynamics, and he achieves this transformation by the force and constancy of his own personality decisions, in each of life’s situations declaring, “It is my will that your will be done.”

PostPosted:  

Thanks kat...very good indeed!

What I mean by truth or personal revelation "response" is that the mortal must discern and respond to the Spirit ministries. Changes and transformations and progress must come to our motives, intentions, priorities, reactions, and choices at the intersection of decision and relationship...the response is the demonstration of progress and change...or so I intended to mean and claim.

We are not changed BY the Spirit so much as we are changed by our response to the Spirit...if we choose to respond that is.

8)

What do you think of Riktare's question: "Wouldn't this mean then that adjutant mind-spirits servicing an animal don't contribute to the growth of The Supreme Being but that adjutant mind-spirits servicing a human may?"

Reference is 36:5.16

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
What do you think of Riktare's question: "Wouldn't this mean then that adjutant mind-spirits servicing an animal don't contribute to the growth of The Supreme Being but that adjutant mind-spirits servicing a human may?"

I think Riktare is essentially right. Reference:

(1286.5) 117:5.7 The great circuits of energy, mind, and spirit are never the permanent possessions of ascending personality; these ministries remain forever a part of Supremacy. In the mortal experience the human intellect resides in the rhythmic pulsations of the adjutant mind-spirits and effects its decisions within the arena produced by encircuitment within this ministry. Upon mortal death the human self is everlastingly divorced from the adjutant circuit. While these adjutants never seem to transmit experience from one personality to another, they can and do transmit the impersonal repercussions of decision-action through God the Sevenfold to God the Supreme. (At least this is true of the adjutants of worship and wisdom.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next