Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:51 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Timing of resurrection
PostPosted:  

Is there any information as to how the decision is made for the timing of one's resurrection? That is in the 3 days or in group ascension.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi liz...It seems that the timing between these two types of resurrection has to do with whether one has personal guardian angels:

Quote:
30:4.11 2. Sleeping Survivors. All mortals of survival status, in the custody of personal guardians of destiny, pass through the portals of natural death and, on the third period, personalize on the mansion worlds. Those accredited beings who have, for any reason, been unable to attain that level of intelligence mastery and endowment of spirituality which would entitle them to personal guardians, cannot thus immediately and directly go to the mansion worlds. Such surviving souls must rest in unconscious sleep until the judgment day of a new epoch, a new dispensation, the coming of a Son of God to call the rolls of the age and adjudicate the realm, and this is the general practice throughout all Nebadon. It was said of Christ Michael that, when he ascended on high at the conclusion of his work on earth, “He led a great multitude of captives.” And these captives were the sleeping survivors from the days of Adam to the day of the Master's resurrection on Urantia.

https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-30-personalities-of-the-grand-universe#U30_4_11

But elsewhere we learn that time - even thousands of years of time - is of no consequence to one who sleeps the sleep of death...this is from the Resurrection of Lazarus:

Quote:
168:2.9 Lazarus could hardly comprehend what had occurred. He knew he had been very sick, but he could recall only that he had fallen asleep and been awakened. He was never able to tell anything about these four days in the tomb because he was wholly unconscious. Time is nonexistent to those who sleep the sleep of death.

https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-168-the-resurrection-of-lazarus#U168_2_9

I find that comforting. We'll just fall asleep here, and wake up somewhere else without even being aware of how long we've been out.

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Thank you MaryJo. I understand the matter of time...Next question...can we know if we have a personal guardian angel? ...Thank you again. Liz

PostPosted:  

Liz wrote:
Thank you MaryJo. I understand the matter of time...Next question...can we know if we have a personal guardian angel? ...Thank you again. Liz

We all have guardian angels. It would be difficult, if not impossible, to say if we or who might have a Destiny Guardian that is assigned exclusively to one person all the way to Paradise (all Guardians and Destiny Guardians serve in pairs). But those who rise on the third day as described above do have personal Destiny Guardian Angels. Those who await a dispensational resurrection will still have group Guardian Angels until reaching the third circle of progress...or so I understand.

1. The Guardian Angels

113:1.1 (1241.3) The teaching about guardian angels is not a myth; certain groups of human beings do actually have personal angels. It was in recognition of this that Jesus, in speaking of the children of the heavenly kingdom, said: “Take heed that you despise not one of these little ones, for I say to you, their angels do always behold the presence of the spirit of my Father.”

113:1.2 (1241.4) Originally, the seraphim were definitely assigned to the separate Urantia races. But since the bestowal of Michael, they are assigned in accordance with human intelligence, spirituality, and destiny. Intellectually, mankind is divided into three classes:

113:1.3 (1241.5) 1. The subnormal minded—those who do not exercise normal will power; those who do not make average decisions. This class embraces those who cannot comprehend God; they lack capacity for the intelligent worship of Deity. The subnormal beings of Urantia have a corps of seraphim, one company, with one battalion of cherubim, assigned to minister to them and to witness that justice and mercy are extended to them in the life struggles of the sphere.

113:1.4 (1241.6) 2. The average, normal type of human mind. From the standpoint of seraphic ministry, most men and women are grouped in seven classes in accordance with their status in making the circles of human progress and spiritual development.

113:1.5 (1241.7) 3. The supernormal minded—those of great decision and undoubted potential of spiritual achievement; men and women who enjoy more or less contact with their indwelling Adjusters; members of the various reserve corps of destiny. No matter in what circle a human happens to be, if such an individual becomes enrolled in any of the several reserve corps of destiny, right then and there, personal seraphim are assigned, and from that time until the earthly career is finished, that mortal will enjoy the continuous ministry and unceasing watchcare of a guardian angel. Also, when any human being makes the supreme decision, when there is a real betrothal with the Adjuster, a personal guardian is immediately assigned to that soul.

113:1.6 (1242.1) In the ministry to so-called normal beings, seraphic assignments are made in accordance with the human attainment of the circles of intellectuality and spirituality. You start out in your mind of mortal investment in the seventh circle and journey inward in the task of self-understanding, self-conquest, and self-mastery; and circle by circle you advance until (if natural death does not terminate your career and transfer your struggles to the mansion worlds) you reach the first or inner circle of relative contact and communion with the indwelling Adjuster.

113:1.7 (1242.2) Human beings in the initial or seventh circle have one guardian angel with one company of assisting cherubim assigned to the watchcare and custody of one thousand mortals. In the sixth circle, a seraphic pair with one company of cherubim is assigned to guide these ascending mortals in groups of five hundred. When the fifth circle is attained, human beings are grouped in companies of approximately one hundred, and a pair of guardian seraphim with a group of cherubim is placed in charge. Upon attainment of the fourth circle, mortal beings are assembled in groups of ten, and again charge is given to a pair of seraphim, assisted by one company of cherubim.

113:1.8 (1242.3) When a mortal mind breaks through the inertia of animal legacy and attains the third circle of human intellectuality and acquired spirituality, a personal angel (in reality two) will henceforth be wholly and exclusively devoted to this ascending mortal. And thus these human souls, in addition to the ever-present and increasingly efficient indwelling Thought Adjusters, receive the undivided assistance of these personal guardians of destiny in all their efforts to finish the third circle, traverse the second, and attain the first.

2. The Destiny Guardians

113:2.1 (1242.4) Seraphim are not known as guardians of destiny until such time as they are assigned to the association of a human soul who has realized one or more of three achievements: has made a supreme decision to become Godlike, has entered the third circle, or has been mustered into one of the reserve corps of destiny.

8)

PostPosted:  

Thank you for such an informative reply. Obviously facing eternity it doesn't matter how long it takes to get started! I am so happy to be able to pose my ponderings on this forum. Love reading other postings. Liz

PostPosted:  

Hi again, Liz...and fanofVan, too.

I was raised Catholic, and the Catholics teach that all of us have a guardian angel. It is a sweet and comforting thing for a child to believe. When I read The Urantia Book teachings about these guardians, I was a little disappointed to think that maybe I did not have my own guardian angel as I always believed. But in reality, as FanofVan points out, we all still have angelic guardianship, even if we might not have a personal angel. What those teachings did though, was to make me want to do all I could in order to earn that personal angel. Here's a little more about that third circle:

Quote:
110:6.14 The third circle. The Adjuster's work is much more effective after the human ascender attains the third circle and receives a personal seraphic guardian of destiny. While there is no apparent concert of effort between the Adjuster and the seraphic guardian, nonetheless there is to be observed an unmistakable improvement in all phases of cosmic achievement and spiritual development subsequent to the assignment of the personal seraphic attendant. When the third circle is attained, the Adjuster endeavors to morontiaize the mind of man during the remainder of the mortal life span, to make the remaining circles, and achieve the final stage of the divine-human association before natural death dissolves the unique partnership.

https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-110-relation-of-adjusters-to-individual-mortals#U110_6_14

That's from the section called: The seven psychic circles https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-110-relation-of-adjusters-to-individual-mortals#U110_6_1

It's good reading...nevertheless, there is no really precise way for any of us to measure circle attainment, either in ourselves or in others. I like to fancy that I have broken through, but I don't know for sure at all. It's hard to accurately evaluate ourselves. That's why the knowledge that the sleep of death is of no consequence is so comforting to me. And I hope it is for you, too. The important thing is that we are all going to eventually get there as long as we don't deliberately decide otherwise.

And in some ways, I think that being part of a dispensational resurrection might be pretty thrilling, too. So, it's all good...

MaryJo