Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:10 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hi William S.,
Personally, I wouldn't see it wise to try and show anyone how wrong they are, or how right we are. They are deeply steeped in their beliefs and that is why they see it fit to come knocking on your door to share these same beliefs. I have realized that the most effective way to speak about the Urantia Book is to live it- literally in deeds and thoughts.

Don't mention its title, but rather quote something from it that is closely relatable to that interested person's immediate need- make him or her yearn for more information which like Jesus in mortal form on earth, you will let out drip by drip as you live it.

I have thought about all the other religious denominations and have come to the surprising realization that each has got something right- as far as the Urantia Book is concerned. The Catholics believe that we evolved from basic life forms, under God's guidance. The J.Ws, without knowing it have been preaching about a fast-approaching paradise on earth- it is the coming era of light and life! The Mormons talked of other worlds and man's destiny to be God... and the S.D.As have always encouraged for healthy lifestyles.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

What about making an ultimatum to evangelicals? When they offer a Bible study, tell them you will only take one if they take a Urantia Book study. Doing this will either silence them realizing they will not go anywhere in converting you, OR you will have a great opportunity when they accept your proposal to tell them about this great book.

PostPosted:  

You can hold a person to their vow. You can apprise a child of the knowledge he has gained. You can assist each person according to your most benevolent interpretation, in the allowance for maximum wisdom in their own moral imperatives, and defend others from the errors they have of misconstrued thinking, even as you would guard the life within you from your own temptations and failures and soulless repititions.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
You can hold a person to their vow. You can apprise a child of the knowledge he has gained. You can assist each person according to your most benevolent interpretation, in the allowance for maximum wisdom in their own moral imperatives, and defend others from the errors they have of misconstrued thinking, even as you would guard the life within you from your own temptations and failures and soulless repititions.

How right! I agree.

PostPosted:  

What is a "soulless repetition"?

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
What is a "soulless repetition"?

To answer your question, this is to say that one is doing something repetitively without enthusiasm. Or at least that is what I am getting out of the statement. Here is something that I found that might help.
https://books.google.com/books?id=iHVaD ... on&f=false

I hope this helps you the way that it helped me.

Blessings,
Fish :)

PostPosted:  

Thanks fishman. I noticed that Helena Roerich also referred to "soulless repetition" as mechanical. That's a good synonym. So is mediocrity. It also means tedious, monotonous, uninspired and lacking character. That's also what happens with the attempt to intellectualize truth into facts. It's soulless and therefore sucks the life out of truth.

(1949:03) 180:5.2 Divine truth is a spirit-discerned and living reality. Truth exists only on high spiritual levels of the realization of divinity and the consciousness of communion with God. You can know the truth, and you can live the truth; you can experience the growth of truth in the soul and enjoy the liberty of its enlightenment in the mind, but you cannot imprison truth in formulas, codes, creeds, or intellectual patterns of human conduct. When you undertake the human formulation of divine truth, it speedily dies. The post-mortem salvage of imprisoned truth, even at best, can eventuate only in the realization of a peculiar form of intellectualized glorified wisdom. Static truth is dead truth, and only dead truth can be held as a theory. Living truth is dynamic and can enjoy only an experiential existence in the human mind.

PostPosted:  

@ katroofjebus Thank you for sharing that gem with me. I have just started reading UB and have learned a lot thus far.
Blessings to you and yours.
Fish

PostPosted:  

fishman wrote:
@ katroofjebus Thank you for sharing that gem with me. I have just started reading UB and have learned a lot thus far.
Blessings to you and yours.
Fish

You're so lucky. I remember when I first picked up the Revelation fifty years ago. I was struck with awe and utter amazement. I'm still awestruck but those beginning days when it was all being processed were the best. Everyday brought a new mind-blowing, eye-opening revelation. It was wonderful and I wish the same for you Fish.

PostPosted:  

I will answer this question Shane. Soulless Repetition means, in industry, nonvalueadded steps in the process of production/manufacture/growth. You have a goal for production, and you identify all of the good steps, or valueadded necessary activities involved in the creation, and with this certainty of logicl, you may also understand what parts of the process can be eliminated, or "sifted out". In a psychological sense, these are the animalistic habits, that should be deemed incompatible with the ascender. Such habits as can be seen personally as hindering or not leading to (morontial) progress. Things that you can do, but that you should realise are not part of the eventual life you will have in unity with the Universal Father.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I will answer this question Shane. Soulless Repetition means, in industry, nonvalueadded steps in the process of production/manufacture/growth. You have a goal for production, and you identify all of the good steps, or valueadded necessary activities involved in the creation, and with this certainty of logicl, you may also understand what parts of the process can be eliminated, or "sifted out". In a psychological sense, these are the animalistic habits, that should be deemed incompatible with the ascender. Such habits as can be seen personally as hindering or not leading to (morontial) progress. Things that you can do, but that you should realise are not part of the eventual life you will have in unity with the Universal Father.

Thanks for answering that question. Now I have a better understanding of what was implied by the term "soulless repetition". I know that I am new here but I am learning so much thanks to all of the members that I meet.

Blessings to you.
Shane