Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
hmm well i'm not sure what the relevancy of triangulating much later sumerian sites is.

That was just to give an idea of distance in the region, and to set the stage for the other two images.

This quote you posted throws an interesting light on the subject: "The central or pre-Sumerian Nodites. A small group at the mouth of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers maintained more of their racial integrity. They persisted for thousands of years and eventually furnished the Nodite ancestry which blended with the Adamites to found the Sumerian peoples of historic times."

So, do you think it is saying, the Nodites occupied the rivers' mouth before, during, and after the 2nd Garden?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

yeah the papers have them there before and during construction of the garden and intermarriage thereafter...they would have been occupying that area since the nodite tower of babel schism like 200,000ish years ago?

PostPosted:  

Ok, this, for me, is the clincher for the Southern Theory. It came from a reader on Facebook. I paraphrase:

'The northern triangle theory would leave the tip of the big triangle open.'

If we put the 56 mile wall up in Turkey, there would have to be another wall at the triangle's southerly point, yes? Solonia sited only one wall.

And as was pointed out already, the Nodites were living at the rivers' mouth for ages. So we know invasion from the south is, at least, possible.

PostPosted:  

I am so looking forward to getting to this part of the Urantia Book, as I read it cover-to-cover, in Paper order. I am currently on Paper 11, and so far I have been reading about the Universal Father, Eternal Son, Inifinite Spirit, and, of course, their spirit sons. Interesting indeed, but I am looking fortward to reading even more so about the creation of Urantia and its history.

PostPosted:  

Myrm wrote:
...Interesting indeed, but I am looking fortward to reading even more so about the creation of Urantia and its history.

Part 3 is soo rich and fulfilling. Read on!

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
there would have to be another wall at the triangle's southerly point, yes? .

no that's faulty logic...as is the assumption that a small group of southern nodites (pre-sumerians) were a threat which isn't supported in the text nor archeology

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
rick warren wrote:

no that's faulty logic...as is the assumption that a small group of southern nodites (pre-sumerians) were a threat which isn't supported in the text nor archeology

Granted, but that still doesn't negate the need for closing the tip of the inverted triangle.

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
Makalu wrote:
rick warren wrote:

Granted, but that still doesn't negate the need for closing the tip of the inverted triangle.

a need based on what? as far as we know the entire eastern front was allies so not necessary to defend a flank attack there

PostPosted:  

Quote:

a need based on what?

Comprehensive security?

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
Quote:

a need based on what?

Comprehensive security?

yeah maybe...maybe the nodites themselves already built a wall there...we know of like three or four different walls between the rivers built at your location throughout much later history...maybe there was an intervening stretch of no-mans land at that time...a whole lot of maybes can fill the gap.

what i see is the papers say the SUMERIANS were south of the garden so now you're trying to squeeze the garden into known sumerian territory there somehow.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
what i see is the papers say the SUMERIANS were south of the garden so now you're trying to squeeze the garden into known sumerian territory there somehow.

Understood. But they were only a "small group". And they could have lived outside the two rivers' banks, rather than inside where the floods were no doubt frequent at the shared mouth. The lower triangle was a large piece of land, guessing 7,000 to 10,000 square miles. (The upper triangle might be 300,000 sq miles, or more. Bigger than Texas.)

The Archangel's words: ...3. The central or pre-Sumerian Nodites. A small group at the mouth of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers maintained more of their racial integrity. They persisted for thousands of years and eventually furnished the Nodite ancestry which blended with the Adamites to found the Sumerian peoples of historic times.... 77:4.6 (860.1)

PostPosted:  

the pre-sumerian nodites were a small group...the sumerians were not and we know where they lived

Quote:
The Sumerians well knew of the first and second Edens but, despite extensive intermarriage with the Adamites, continued to regard
the garden dwellers to the north as an alien race.

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
the pre-sumerian nodites were a small group...the sumerians were not and we know where they lived

Quote:
The Sumerians well knew of the first and second Edens but, despite extensive intermarriage with the Adamites, continued to regard
the garden dwellers to the north as an alien race.

Yes, but still, the Sumerians came later. And, :mrgreen: north of what? The mouth (during the Second Garden period)?

PostPosted:  

yes the sumerians "came" later as a very gradual result of nodite intermarriage with the adamites to the north...they were concurrent. you will need to explain how the sumerians took over garden territory

the quote says north of sumer

PostPosted:  

maybe this will help...see the sumerians existed when the second garden ended:

Quote:
These floods completed the disruption of Andite civilization. With the ending of this
period of deluge, the second garden was no more. Only in the south and among the
Sumerians did any trace of the former glory remain. 7 The remnants of this, one of the oldest
civilizations, are to be found in these regions of Mesopotamia and to the northeast and
northwest. But still older vestiges of the days of Dalamatia exist under the waters of the
Persian Gulf, and the first Eden lies submerged under the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea.

and the papers discuss the effect of the flood on some cities like susa and ur...i forget

the remnants of the garden found and to the northeast and northwest looks like the archeology record to me :-)