Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:11 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Metaphysics
PostPosted:  

We need to learn from Jesus, "how to make choices." The choices Jesus made are perfect and the unbroken order of our universe. Let us append our choices to the options he gave us. That is God teaching us how a person with moral responsibility goes about how he honored the choice of every father mother sister and brother that he met in his own time, and "set those who lived unrighteously on their feet, so as to serve again." I can honor the choices of a human individual which are wrought of this kind of service. Jesus loved men more when they had a hand shake contract, because there would be more ability to imbellish new and greater ways that these goals would be honored. How much less could Jesus love a man who is controlled by the written contracts he has enshackled and committed with his signature.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Excuse me Stephen but your last two posts have no apparent connection to or relevancy regarding the topic!

You will NOT interrupt or hijack this topic...as you so often do with so many topics! This is not your preaching forum nor are we your congregational audience.

Again you seem unable or unwilling to understand the Guidelines here or even basic social etiquette or how to contribute to a discussion. What's up with that?

You may now attempt to explain how these 2 posts relate to the topic of Metaphysics or I'll ask Maryjo to remove them (and then this one too of course).

Thank you kat and Riktare….very interesting points. I find 42:12.9 very topical - "Mind is always creative." And in 111:1.5 - "...it is not so much what mind comprehends as what mind desires to comprehend..."

Human metaphysics is the mortal mind's creative attempt to comprehend!!

Last edited by fanofVan on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:26 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Thank you kat and Riktare….very interesting points. I find 42:12.9 very topical - "Mind is always creative." And in 111:1.5 - "...it is not so much what mind comprehends as what mind desires to comprehend..."

Human metaphysics is the mortal mind's creative attempt to comprehend!! And understand, and explain the reality we confront in our life...both the inner life and spirit nature and the material life and nature.

:idea: :!: 8)

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
The choices Jesus made are perfect and the unbroken order of our universe.

We also must remember that Jesus' choices were his own personal choices, specific for his individual life. The decisions he made were appropriate for a man living in the First Century and were relevant to him personally. We must make our own decisions based upon the life we have been given to live in the time period we are living. But there is no reason why we can't learn to think like Jesus. It is written that we are free to utilize his mind anytime we choose through prayer. We can also make better decisions if we learn to pray for the reasons Jesus prayed. Reference:

(2088:5) 196:0.10 To him prayer was a sincere expression of spiritual attitude, a declaration of soul loyalty, a recital of personal devotion, an expression of thanksgiving, an avoidance of emotional tension, a prevention of conflict, an exaltation of intellection, an ennoblement of desire, a vindication of moral decision, an enrichment of thought, an invigoration of higher inclinations, a consecration of impulse, a clarification of viewpoint, a declaration of faith, a transcendental surrender of will, a sublime assertion of confidence, a revelation of courage, the proclamation of discovery, a confession of supreme devotion, the validation of consecration, a technique for the adjustment of difficulties, and the mighty mobilization of the combined soul powers to withstand all human tendencies toward selfishness, evil, and sin. He lived just such a life of prayerful consecration to the doing of his Father's will and ended his life triumphantly with just such a prayer. The secret of his unparalleled religious life was this consciousness of the presence of God; and he attained it by intelligent prayer and sincere worship -- unbroken communion with God -- and not by leadings, voices, visions, or extraordinary religious practices.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
In the Book of Genesis , it sounds like God is making choices

That is probably a bit off topic but could be interesting to look at. Isn't there a statement in TUB saying that anything God wills, i.e. chooses, instantly comes into existence?

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
That is probably a bit off topic but could be interesting to look at. Isn't there a statement in TUB saying that anything God wills, i.e. chooses, instantly comes into existence?

I can't find such a statement but I did find this reference:

(1633.2) 145:3.11 What a Creator Son desires and his Father wills IS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19