Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:50 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metaphysics
PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
well you didn't agree with me because adopting right now and developing the philosophy in the papers doesn't depend on any cosmic circle progress...it's understandable and attainable to all except the abnormal mind. nor does such a unified philosophy depend on studying the papers. it can, and does, come thru personal revelations and the bookstores are full of minds from all three fields attempting to do just that, with more or less success.

Our whole life is circle progress!! That's the point. It is understandable and attainable, yes indeed! But not to the myopic one eyed creature gripped by preconception and prejudice!

And as I also agree above....those without the UB can certainly acquire more and better perspective also by experiential wisdom and the personal religious experience.

Despite being so grumpy and disagreeable, you cannot make us disagree on this...I do not think. Is it so bad to be in agreement then? Hahahahaha...!!!

:wink:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

well i'm conscious of life and conscious of my philosophy and no consciousness of any sort of "cosmic circles" and would never personally cite them as relevant at all, especially concerning the adoption of a philosophy of life...suit yourself

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
well i'm conscious of life and conscious of my philosophy and no consciousness of any sort of "cosmic circles" and would never personally cite them as relevant at all, especially concerning the adoption of a philosophy of life...suit yourself

Uhhhhhhhh. :?

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:

The relationship with your Thought Adjuster and your progress through the 7 Psychic Circles of progress and your spiritization are irrelevant to you and your philosophy of life and your metaphysical perspectives?

Do you remember you said this: You said "we can progress beyond the metaphysical attempts at developing a balanced two-dimensional philosophy and develop the unified, well-balanced 3-d religious philosophy presented in the papers...right now."

An important part of the 3-d religious philosophy presented in the papers to help us "progress beyond the metaphysical attempts at developing a balanced two-dimensionsl philosophy" are the TA and our relationship with the TA as source of personal revelation and truth assurance and our progress through the circles. Now you're just be stubborn and plain silly.

But finally....we disagree! Congratulations! Well done.

But..."suit yourself"! Indeed.

Are we having fun yet? :roll:

Last edited by fanofVan on Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:20 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
The relationship with your Thought Adjuster and your progress through the 7 Psychic Circles of progress and your spiritization are irrelevant to you and your philosophy of life and your metaphysical perspectives?

that's not what i said...either you don't understand or you just want to be your usual argumentative self. thanks for wasting my time

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
that's not what i said...either you don't understand or you just want to be your usual argumentative self. thanks for wasting my time

"well i'm conscious of life and conscious of my philosophy and no consciousness of any sort of "cosmic circles" and would never personally cite them as relevant at all, especially concerning the adoption of a philosophy of life...suit yourself"

Anything within quotations is your quote...without any changes. So what's not what you said? And I am being argumentative? That's rich. Good one.

:wink:

Perhaps we might return now to the actual topic of Metaphysics as presented in the Papers??!!

PostPosted:  

i'm conscious of my relationship with my adjuster, and you began your bullshit argument by trying to put words in my mouth that imply otherwise...hence "its not what i said"

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
i'm conscious of my relationship with my adjuster, and you began your bullshit argument by trying to put words in my mouth that say otherwise...hence "its not what i said"

A perfect example of a "logical fallacy"...thanks for another! We began by your claim that my agreement with you was a disagreement and then went on to claim how irrelevant the circles are to philosophy, even as presented in the UB. But chase your tail all you want.

Back to the topic. Perhaps we should consider logical fallacies and their relationship to metaphysics?

Interesting.

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
i'm conscious of my relationship with my adjuster, ...

That’s quite a claim.

PostPosted:  

see here's why circle progress is irrelevant :

Quote:
“These circle attainments are only relatively related to God-consciousness. A seventh or sixth circler can be almost as truly God-knowing – sonship conscious – as a second or first circler, but such lower circle beings are far less conscious of experiential relation to the Supreme Being, universe citizenship…The mastery of the cosmic circles is related to the quantitative growth of the morontia soul, the comprehension of supreme meanings…

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Makalu wrote:

That’s quite a claim.

yeah i should have said superconscious...my mistake

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
Agon D. Onter wrote:
Makalu wrote:

That’s quite a claim.

yeah i should have said superconscious...my mistake

You are superconscious of your adjuster? You are aware of your Adjuster? Interesting.

PostPosted:  

i'm aware of my relationship with my adjuster yep...just as i said and repeat for the hard of hearing

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
i'm aware of my relationship with my adjuster yep...just as i said and repeat for the hard of hearing

Huh. So what kind of adjuster do you have? (Self-acting, natch.)

PostPosted:  

what on earth makes you think i would know that? i know its a fragment of EVERYTHING and that's all i need to know to keep me plenty busy for a long time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next