Switch to full style
An open forum for general discussions of a spiritual nature where guests and readers entertain the teachings of The Urantia Book.
Post a reply

Re: Evangelism & The Urantia Book

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:25 am +0000

It might take courage to evangelize our beliefs and experiences with the revelation as we go through the world, but I don't think courage is the same as hubris. It seems to me that we are all called to socialize our religion in the way that reflects our understanding of what we have learned and what we have experienced. Whether we make a difference or not probably depends as much upon our exhibition of the fruits of the spirit - e.g., our friendliness, kindness, and tolerance, etc - as much upon the message that we convey.

In the end, our goal of real-izing the Kingdom as best we can should hopefully unite us all:

Goals rather than creeds should unify religionists. Since true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience, it is inevitable that each individual religionist must have his own and personal interpretation of the realization of that spiritual experience.

https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/pape ... on#U99_5_7

And I agree that makalu has really hit the nail on the head with this basic observation/advice: "spirituality is a measure of one's usefulness to others" and when you exhibit the fruits of the spirit and live abundantly loyal to supreme goals pretty much any social contact is evangelism.

We all do that in the way that reflects our own experiences.

The gospel of the Kingdom is pretty simple. Love God, love people...

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:33 am +0000

I recall the UB saying that a true religious experience does not require courage to share; rather are we compelled to share our light and our fruits of the Spirit and the more self forgetting becomes our service and genuine love for others. This is simply sharing our inner light with others as we pass by at the intersections of decision and choice. It is not proclamations and declarations. It is sharing our hopes and ideals and faith and trust and fruits which come by our personal attachment to the vine of love to those we encounter and those we live with and among.

Rodan said that one who is not sharing their religious experience is not having one as I recall. Some seem to think that most people in the world today are not having a religious experience or not a genuine religious experience, according to their own beliefs and understanding of what a real religious experience entails. Some who evangelize seem very disappointed in the religious lives of others. It is my contention that most everyone is having a religious experience and has the light of the Spirit and TA and soul within and that our inability to recognize it says more about the one viewing than those who are viewed.

It is also my contention, according to my understanding of the UB and the teachings of the Master, that there is a great deal of expression of this religious life in others and throughout the world today - truth, beauty, goodness, love, and service are not so rare or difficult to find and witness as some appear to claim here. Anyone who claims the world wallows in its own excrement and believers idle in valleys of complacency and UB students do not climb the mountains of spiritual progress compared to their own lofty spiritual accomplishments is no source of truth or light or fount of understanding of reality or the Revelation but are those who are fixated on the dark patches of error on the backdrop of brilliant light - the one eyed blinded to the reality that only those with two eyes might behold...the blind hoping to lead the blinder!

These are of course just my own disagreements with recently posted opinions and determinations about other people and I appreciate the opportunity to contrast such ideas, beliefs, opinions, and perspective here at TruthBook.

Evangelizing, I think, is less about living and sharing and caring than it is about telling others of our beliefs with the intention of 'changing' others' minds, beliefs, and behaviors. Doesn't humility and a sense of personal smallness prevent our proclaiming what others should believe or be doing or declaring what others believe and are not doing? The Tadpole Way presented in the UB is only about caring and sharing together.

And I think it is hubris indeed to declare that students and believers of epochal revelation are supposed to or instructed to "replace" epochal revelation with our own opinions and interpretations. Indeed such a belief seems to be a very precise illustration of hubris. But that is just an opinion and observation about Jim's claim and posts here which I disagree with. I find Jim to be a very sincere fellow and a devout religionist. I merely disagree with what I perceive to be and understand his words to express as his opinions and beliefs posted here.

What is religious experience? Perhaps we should study Papers 100-103 to learn more about that??!!

Hubris
NOUN

excessive pride or self-confidence.

synonyms:
arrogance · conceit · conceitedness · haughtiness · pride · vanity · self-importance · self-conceit · pomposity · superciliousness · feeling of superiority · hauteur · uppitiness · big-headedness

Isn't humility the opposite of hubris?

100:2.4 (1096.1) Spirituality becomes at once the indicator of one’s nearness to God and the measure of one’s usefulness to fellow beings. Spirituality enhances the ability to discover beauty in things, recognize truth in meanings, and discover goodness in values. Spiritual development is determined by capacity therefor and is directly proportional to the elimination of the selfish qualities of love.

100:1.5 (1094.7) The soil essential for religious growth presupposes a progressive life of self-realization, the co-ordination of natural propensities, the exercise of curiosity and the enjoyment of reasonable adventure, the experiencing of feelings of satisfaction, the functioning of the fear stimulus of attention and awareness, the wonder-lure, and a normal consciousness of smallness, humility. Growth is also predicated on the discovery of selfhood accompanied by self-criticism—conscience, for conscience is really the criticism of oneself by one’s own value-habits, personal ideals.

100:1.7 (1095.2) Religion cannot be bestowed, received, loaned, learned, or lost. It is a personal experience which grows proportionally to the growing quest for final values. Cosmic growth thus attends on the accumulation of meanings and the ever-expanding elevation of values. But nobility itself is always an unconscious growth.

Me here: Do evangelists hope to "bestow" religion to others? Religion can be nurtured but not given to others by persuasion, conversion, demand, disappointment, fear, or declaration of another's beliefs. Can't be done.

100:2.1 (1095.5) Spiritual development depends, first, on the maintenance of a living spiritual connection with true spiritual forces and, second, on the continuous bearing of spiritual fruit: yielding the ministry to one’s fellows of that which has been received from one’s spiritual benefactors. Spiritual progress is predicated on intellectual recognition of spiritual poverty coupled with the self-consciousness of perfection-hunger, the desire to know God and be like him, the wholehearted purpose to do the will of the Father in heaven.

Does the low opinion of others reveal a high opinion of one's self? Is disappointment in others' spirituality an indicator of the spirituality and one's usefulness to others? Hmmmm.....

And this goes directly to the value of those who believe themselves "called" to the ministry and evangelism - what do they share? How do they perceive the world and the universe and other people? Are they humble and forgiving? Or judgmental and demanding?

Again is the Master the best example of spreading good cheer and the good news of the Kingdom and fanning and feeding the light within he recognized in the hearts of people everywhere he went.

Thanks to all who contribute here.

Bradly 8)
Last edited by fanofVan on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:09 am +0000

Jesus did not say "I am the tadpole way."

He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 am +0000

Enno says: "Jesus did not say "I am the tadpole way."

He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

Yes indeed!!

But who else can say that?

Mortals may not escape the Way of the mortals to the portals of Paradise...the Tadpole Way. A step by step progression from birth of soul to fusion with our Thought Adjuster. Nothing wrong with the Tadpole Way as designed by the Creators and executed by the Spirits within. A very noble journey indeed!

Even Jesus was once a Tadpole...the Son of Man born as a mortal too...on his 7th and final bestowal! Here to become the Master Son of Nebadon upon this Shrine of Nebadon. Wow!!

:wink:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 am +0000

The Urantia Book does not say there is a tadpole "way"

Tadpoles are baby frogs and they're not human. They grow up and become frogs being loyal living as tadpoles.

Humans grow up being loyal to the "doing of the Father's will" through their true religious experiences.

Jesus asked us to follow him. Not as baby frogs, but as full grown men and women.

Jesus is "the way." The one and only way.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:29 pm +0000

nodAmanaV wrote:The Urantia Book does not say there is a tadpole "way"

Tadpoles are baby frogs and they're not human. They grow up and become frogs being loyal living as tadpoles.

Humans grow up being loyal to the "doing of the Father's will" through their true religious experiences.

Jesus asked us to follow him. Not as baby frogs, but as full grown men and women.

Jesus is "the way." The one and only way.

Well Enno...I agree that all metaphors fail to adequately convey a full understanding of any concept perhaps. Nonetheless, this quote is in the Paper on Religion in Human Experience in the Section on Religious Growth. The metaphor and lesson offered are indeed not about baby frogs or frogs but it is about humans and the value of loyalty in mortal spiritual growth and progress. It is a profound illustration, even parable, for us to envision how naturally does spiritual growth and development come to us mortals due to our very nature and the very nature of the cosmos and the ministries of so many agents of creation and the Spirits.

Certainly does the quote bespeak of the Tadpole Way! The Way of Being and the Way of Becoming for mortal born ascenders, unlike any other ascenders in time and space. How unconscious it is and how best to achieve growth and transformation. You see, a tadpole is not merely a baby frog at all but an entirely different creature. A frog has legs and lungs and breaths air and lives above the surface of the water into which it is hatched and born with gills and tail and fins but without legs and lungs below the surface of the water where it gradually transforms into a whole new type and form of being, one stage (or Circle of Progress) at a time. We should not belittle the tadpole or the truth being illustrated by its use in the Revelation...a very specific metaphor to describe a very specific process of tranformation.

Consider the phrase "the coordination of natural propensities" below. This is one of the most important lessons given us in the Papers I think....we are built with natural urges within. Urges which become specific yearns once the TA arrives, but even before the TA brings yearning to us does the Holy Spirit and Adjutants insert urges into all beings and all life, especially so us mortals. Only specific feelings and responses satisfy and give nurture to ever more and greater urges and yearns. We are designed to recognize and respond to the Spirit within. Nothing else brings satisfaction, fulfillment, contentment, happiness, and joy except the spirit-response which is also a reality-response....all other pursuits end in disappointment and frustrations. It is this relationship and response mechanism to which our loyalty delivers growth and progress in the Spirit. We are told this is our natural condition and propensities as mortals of the realm - we are designed and built this way by the Life Carriers and the Adjutants.

I think we are taught how unwise and unprofitable (without meaning or value) is the propensity of some to focus on their judgments, disappointments, impatience, and expectations of others rather than being focused on the many expressions of this experience that all people are having...if not in the same way or order or degree uniformly as me or others. This I believe is an important lesson given us by the Master - life is good, the light shines within all souls if we are wise enough to discern it, the spirits are at work within all people to some degree or another, that to truly know and understand and forgive others is to love them and wish only to serve them and share with them our own light and fruits of the vine.

This is the simple and beautiful Gospel of Jesus. Far too few who hope to evangelize know it or understand it or share it but rather deliver the sour and the bitter disappointments, impatience, blindness, deafness, anxieties, fears, and judgments of immaturity and inexperience and lack of reality alignment to any and all foolish enough to give them time and entertain such fare lacking in any nourishment whatsoever.

100:1.4 (1094.6) Children are permanently impressed only by the loyalties of their adult associates; precept or even example is not lastingly influential. Loyal persons are growing persons, and growth is an impressive and inspiring reality. Live loyally today—grow—and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

100:1.5 (1094.7) The soil essential for religious growth presupposes a progressive life of self-realization, the co-ordination of natural propensities, the exercise of curiosity and the enjoyment of reasonable adventure, the experiencing of feelings of satisfaction, the functioning of the fear stimulus of attention and awareness, the wonder-lure, and a normal consciousness of smallness, humility. Growth is also predicated on the discovery of selfhood accompanied by self-criticism—conscience, for conscience is really the criticism of oneself by one’s own value-habits, personal ideals.

Me here: It seems that Jim's claim that we are to substitute our beliefs about revelation for epochal revelation itself - to replace ER with personal opinions - is a description of and basis for the creation of manmade religions and churches and congregations (which is not surprising given Jim's belief in his own calling to do just that - "create a religious group") which is well addressed here in the text posted above by Maryjo:

99:5.7 (1091.6) Just as certainly as men share their religious beliefs, they create a religious group of some sort which eventually creates common goals. Someday religionists will get together and actually effect co-operation on the basis of unity of ideals and purposes rather than attempting to do so on the basis of psychological opinions and theological beliefs. Goals rather than creeds should unify religionists. Since true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience, it is inevitable that each individual religionist must have his own and personal interpretation of the realization of that spiritual experience. Let the term “faith” stand for the individual’s relation to God rather than for the creedal formulation of what some group of mortals have been able to agree upon as a common religious attitude. “Have you faith? Then have it to yourself.”

To replace Epochal Revelation with our personal opinions and beliefs about such revelation is precisely the path the preacher and evangelist would proclaim I think. And do so without understanding that "true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience" and may not be given or loaned to another or demanded of another but can only be served and nurtured in others by very specific means and motives. Tadpoles must be tadpoles to become frogs and they become frogs naturally enough by being tadpoles...no matter the disappointments and impatience the evangelist and preacher might need to endure (and share). Or so I understand.

:wink:
Last edited by fanofVan on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:59 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:29 pm +0000

Ok, whatever you say Bradly. I sincerely hope that everything works out for you and that you won't get too disappointed, impatient, anxious, fearful and judgemental of anyone who happens to see things differently than you do.

All the best. Ribbit

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:16 pm +0000

Thanks for the best wishes...same to you. I am very confident in my destiny and our world's on this shrine of Nebadon in this friendly universe and I remain patiently content. No worries.

8)
Last edited by fanofVan on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:58 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 am +0000

Before we degenerate into a squabble:

It is not hubris to share the light (however small it may be in each individual) we have in order to help someone else find their way. It is basic human consideration for others. However, to claim that our individual light is the only light that will serve such a purpose is definitely hubris.

It seems to me that huffing and puffing over jots and tittles and semantical shades of meaning of the UB is hubris too.

The less there is of you the more His light shines through. Would you rather be a window or a wall?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:24 am +0000

What about James Baldwin the evangel of Bucky Fuller, if this is an actual consideration of specific leadership & evangelism of a secular variety.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckminster_Fuller Buckminster Fuller
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Baldwin
https://www.bfi.org/dymaxion-forum/2018 ... preciation Jay Baldwin, an Appreciation
In this, Jay Baldwin is described as a "colleauge and a friend" rather than an evangel. He built what Bucky only theorized, and brought the world forward in terms of construction design and technology.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 am +0000

pethuel wrote:Before we degenerate into a squabble:

It is not hubris to share the light (however small it may be in each individual) we have in order to help someone else find their way. It is basic human consideration for others. However, to claim that our individual light is the only light that will serve such a purpose is definitely hubris.

It seems to me that huffing and puffing over jots and tittles and semantical shades of meaning of the UB is hubris too.

The less there is of you the more His light shines through. Would you rather be a window or a wall?

I appreciate your perspective and your concerns for peace making here - there is much to be said for avoiding conflict in life and here at TruthBook.

I would, however, offer another perspective about the Revelation, its study, and the potential value or functionality of conflict regarding spiritual progress and greater understanding of the Revelation (or any other text book of knowledge, such as physics, chemistry, anthropology or any discipline concerned with universe realities).

There are those, and they are many, that claim the details about universe realities presented in the UB are less important than the general embrace of an enlarged or expanded perspective of reality. I disagree. The 3rd and 4th Epochals were so short and sweet....There is only one God; God is a loving parent and all beings are family in a friendly universe. Simple. Easy Peasy!!

Now comes the 5th and like the 1st and 2nd, it is detailed and complex and filled with details about universe realities and the interpersonal relationships of all beings, including the Spirits of God, Son, and Holy Spirit to mortal mind and the history of our world and universe, and origins and destiny, and causes and sources of causes and the effects of causes - an elaborate and very detailed presentation of reality. Indeed, I would propose that the 5th is the most detailed and complete presentation of all. Without rebellion and default, the UB would likely only be a primer of knowledge compared to the many text books in the libraries of the Prince and the Garden!! Which of those details, considered important enough to include by the celestials at this time in this volume, are now considered by us mortals as unimportant or frivilous I wonder?

We are told that the more spiritized and spiritualized we become, the more we progress and become transformed, the more we transfer the seat of our identity, the closer we get to Paradise and gain experiential wisdom...then the more true, accurate, and objective does our perspective of reality become. How then is the objective perspective of reality as delivered by the details of universe reality gifted to us for the very purpose of reducing confusions and eliminating the errors of prior perspective and understanding now considered by us mortals as unimportant or frivilous I wonder?

To disagree and dispute and encounter conflict in the pursuit of knowledge and education and truth and understanding is hardly evil or sin and should not be unwelcome or shunned....or shamed, for pete's sake. It is perfectly normal, inevitable, and unavoidable really - that is if learning is the objective!

There are tens of thousands of facts in the UB. All of them relate one to another. In total they present a symphonic and multi-dimensional integration and portrait of universe reality! Which detail, which notes, which instruments, which threads in this tapestry, which dimension is claimed now by us mortals to be unimportant or frivolous I wonder?

This is a classroom. A study group. A gathering of students to explore and discover and discern and perceive new wonders and whole new orders of beings and the being and becoming of personal transformation in a complex universe of systems and relationships previously unknown to humankind!!! Shall we sacrifice accuracy and content and full comprehension of this gift to avoid conflicts, misunderstandings, hurt feelings, disagreements, disputes, and the challenges to any group to actually learn that which is given to reduce confusion and eliminate error?

The UB specifically claims to be gifted us for the very purpose of reducing confusion and eliminating error - the very words of the author to describe the UB's purpose!! So long as confusion and error persist then, by definition, there is more work and study and discovery and understanding to complete!!

So which "jot and tittle" shall we simply ignore and let go as unimportant or trivial??

Truth may be and is very personalized and comes to each in its own order and time in our growth and religious experience. But fact? Reality is reality. Misunderstanding is misunderstanding, not some form of personalized reality - it is unreality. Subjective unreality. Something to be corrected...according to the text. There is only one objective reality!! We are instructed to and destined to become more and more objective in perspective by learning knowledge of universe realities...this is our life, forevermore! Such a learning experience will include conflict and disagreement and dispute. Reason and logic are actually enhanced and served by conflict, disagreement, dispute, debate, and the need to argue and consider and reconsider and alter one's perspective accordingly.

Otherwise, what's being promoted here is the unconflicted and unchallenged prejudice and subjective opinion of each is more important than the actual discovery of truth and fact and the gaining of an objective and increasingly accurate view of reality.

A truly puzzling perspective to me. The UB says that prior to Light and Life that all of us will have one language, one religion, and one philosophy of living. This will not happen on Kumbaya Island where conflict avoidance is mission #1. Learning to get along and avoid hostility and anger and malice and revenge is certainly important too - just as important as learning the facts of universe reality, maybe even more so?! But the reduction and management of those does not and will not eliminate dispute, disagreement, arguments, debates, or "squabbles" of understanding...in the pursuit of greater understanding.

It is common in many classrooms to be required to state one's understanding and to support/prove all stated positions with empirical evidence and sourced material and actual logical progressions of reason. If one cannot do this then one has learned nothing except how to form a subjective and unreliable opinion. The authors put a real premium and value on reason and logic and the scientific method....which are unkind to and intolerant of false theories, fables, and subjective opinions related to or contrasted with subjective opinions and the prejudice of ignorance. Shall we avoid conflict to protect and preserve the prejudice of some student's ignorance...the two greatest obstacles to personal growth??!!

Are we gathered here to share subjective opinions and fables and theories of our own construction and invention? Or are we here to study this gift of objective knowledge, fact, and truth of universe reality? If the second, then the first must stand up to comparative analysis to the second and when it conflicts, contradicts, or otherwise fails in comparison to the second, that should be demonstrated and acknowledged. And such comparative analysis and the pursuit of understanding is the very purpose of study and students and classrooms.

Otherwise we're all just blowing smoke at one another!! So....do you want to know and understand what the UB says? That's the only reason I am here. My simple tadpole's motto remains: It says what it says and it don't say what it don't!

Or do you want to convince others of your opinions and theories? Or to preach and present fables and theories which contradict the source material we gather here to study together? Or simply avoid conflict no matter how reality is thereby sacrificed upon the altar of so called peace? Pick a lane.

100:4.1 (1097.5) Religious living is devoted living, and devoted living is creative living, original and spontaneous. New religious insights arise out of conflicts which initiate the choosing of new and better reaction habits in the place of older and inferior reaction patterns. New meanings only emerge amid conflict; and conflict persists only in the face of refusal to espouse the higher values connoted in superior meanings.

100:4.2 (1097.6) Religious perplexities are inevitable; there can be no growth without psychic conflict and spiritual agitation. The organization of a philosophic standard of living entails considerable commotion in the philosophic realms of the mind. Loyalties are not exercised in behalf of the great, the good, the true, and the noble without a struggle. Effort is attendant upon clarification of spiritual vision and enhancement of cosmic insight. And the human intellect protests against being weaned from subsisting upon the nonspiritual energies of temporal existence. The slothful animal mind rebels at the effort required to wrestle with cosmic problem solving.

:idea: :!: :smile: 8)
Last edited by fanofVan on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:57 pm +0000, edited 6 times in total.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 am +0000

pethuel wrote:
Makalu wrote:well, "spirituality is a measure of one's usefulness to others" and when you exhibit the fruits of the spirit and live abundantly loyal to supreme goals pretty much any social contact is evangelism.

Agreed. If I may add the observation that those that are exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit are not aware that they do so, nor are those that live abundantly loyal to supreme goals conscious of their example, they are not self-conscious in that sense.

Speaking of "jots and tittles" and seeking clarification: I think you meant to say that the exhibiting of fruits is natural and reflexive and requires little effort or concentration? For certainly do we know if we are being kind and patient and friendly and supporting and soothing don't we? Don't we know if we are happy and content and joyful?

It is like when the UB says all growth is unconscious....this does not mean we are unaware of the results of our growth - only the process of growing.

I do understand what you mean though and offer this quote about the Master in support of your post:

196:0.9 (2088.4) The Master’s entire life was consistently conditioned by this living faith, this sublime religious experience. This spiritual attitude wholly dominated his thinking and feeling, his believing and praying, his teaching and preaching. This personal faith of a son in the certainty and security of the guidance and protection of the heavenly Father imparted to his unique life a profound endowment of spiritual reality. And yet, despite this very deep consciousness of close relationship with divinity, this Galilean, God’s Galilean, when addressed as Good Teacher, instantly replied, “Why do you call me good?” When we stand confronted by such splendid self-forgetfulness, we begin to understand how the Universal Father found it possible so fully to manifest himself to him and reveal himself through him to the mortals of the realms.

100:1.8 (1095.3) Religious habits of thinking and acting are contributory to the economy of spiritual growth. One can develop religious predispositions toward favorable reaction to spiritual stimuli, a sort of conditioned spiritual reflex. Habits which favor religious growth embrace cultivated sensitivity to divine values, recognition of religious living in others, reflective meditation on cosmic meanings, worshipful problem solving, sharing one’s spiritual life with one’s fellows, avoidance of selfishness, refusal to presume on divine mercy, living as in the presence of God. The factors of religious growth may be intentional, but the growth itself is unvaryingly unconscious.

The UB teaches us that sufficient religious growth and progress changes and dominates our motives for living and our intentions at every intersection of choice and our priorities and philosophy for living. These decisions and the accompanying sincerity are intentional and by those comes our attachment to the vine and then the fruits of the spirit and then the natural tendency to share those fruits. We become the vehicle of delivery for the love, truth, beauty, and goodness that flows through the vine and then the branch....and thus does it become true "...spirituality is a measure of one's usefulness to others."

For a season of personal growth, perhaps it takes intent and conscious effort and awareness to choose and share love, truth, beauty, and goodness and to give our happiness and faith and hope and trust and joy and contentment to others?? Perhaps until such time as it becomes reflexive and natural...the conditioned spiritual reflex?

:biggrin: :wink:
Last edited by fanofVan on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:57 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:51 am +0000

"Agreed. If I may add the observation that those that are exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit are not aware that they do so, nor are those that live abundantly loyal to supreme goals conscious of their example, they are not self-conscious in that sense."

Right. My jots and tittles were a little unclear there. The gist of what I was attempting to say is "those who most exhibit the fruits of the Spirit are those who are least conscious of themselves, nor do those who are abundantly loyal to supreme goals call attention to themselves." Does that make better sense?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:20 pm +0000

pethuel wrote:nor do those who are abundantly loyal to supreme goals call attention to themselves.

I don't think it's possible to display the fruits of the Spirit and spread the good news that Jesus taught without calling attention to yourself.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:27 pm +0000

There's a difference in gaining attention and calling for attention. Attention seeking is about self importance. A vice of many an evangelist I think...calling attention to one's self.

...if I understand pethuel's post correctly.
Post a reply