Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:02 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted:  

I am not an evangelical type of person, but I do try in my own way to advance the teachings of Jesus. The best way for me to do that is to point out that the Urantia book gives us the solution to our energy needs going forward. A paradigm shift in physics is imminent and I think some people sense its coming and are very excited, but confuse it with an awakening to the brotherhood of man. It will only be an awakening to a puissant emergent energy that fuels all of creation. It will only release us from dirty, expensive and limited fossil fuel. Transitioning to the brotherhood will certainly take many generations if we can survive this very dangerous time in our history. Time really is of the essence for us to persuade scientists to accept what they already know (CMB, CMBR) but have misinterpreted to fit their picture of a big bang. I don't know if it fits the evangelical brand because it promotes provable facts, but the Urantia Book makes the connection and will certainly deserve credit for saving us.

regards,gray

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thanks, Graybear. You write:

Quote:
I am not an evangelical type of person, but I do try in my own way to advance the teachings of Jesus. The best way for me to do that is to point out that the Urantia book gives us the solution to our energy needs going forward. A paradigm shift in physics is imminent and I think some people sense its coming and are very excited, but confuse it with an awakening to the brotherhood of man. It will only be an awakening to a puissant emergent energy that fuels all of creation. It will only release us from dirty, expensive and limited fossil fuel. Transitioning to the brotherhood will certainly take many generations if we can survive this very dangerous time in our history. Time really is of the essence for us to persuade scientists to accept what they already know (CMB, CMBR) but have misinterpreted to fit their picture of a big bang. I don't know if it fits the evangelical brand because it promotes provable facts, but the Urantia Book makes the connection and will certainly deserve credit for saving us.

I believe that any time we can speak the truths that we have assimilated from the teachings of The Urantia Book - especially in terms of our present situation, that IS a form of evangelism because one truth leads to other truths. The nature of God is circular, and his creation is likewise circular - so "what goes around comes around" is a useful idea here. The idea of brotherhood - of treating all others as we wish to be treated is quite relevant to the discussion of the energy you're talking about here.

E.g., Where does that energy originate? What will it mean to have a planet that has learned to cooperate with Nature, instead of always thinking we have to dominate and conquer it? What is nature, anyway? All of us humans are part of that nature, too, and the sooner we learn to cooperate with nature, the sooner we can realize a brighter future...the cooperation piece dovetails directly to creating more of brotherhood here, as it teaches success through getting along, rather than fighting. This applies to nature, and to human interaction.

The sooner we can help our brothers and sisters learn what we have learned, the better. I feel that, no matter your ultimate take of Urantia Book teachings, no matter where we start, eventually, the truths we have experienced and that we manage to share - our "logical universe philosophy," will be of benefit, and can only lead to knowing more of God, more of the divine plan, and more of the kingdom of heaven.

Quote:
101:2.1 The fact of religion consists wholly in the religious experience of rational and average human beings. And this is the only sense in which religion can ever be regarded as scientific or even psychological. The proof that revelation is revelation is this same fact of human experience: the fact that revelation does synthesize the apparently divergent sciences of nature and the theology of religion into a consistent and logical universe philosophy, a co-ordinated and unbroken explanation of both science and religion, thus creating a harmony of mind and satisfaction of spirit which answers in human experience those questionings of the mortal mind which craves to know how the Infinite works out his will and plans in matter, with minds, and on spirit.

BTW, here's a good topical study on the subject of Nature...https://truthbook.com/urantia/topical-studies/nature

PostPosted:  

I think the term "evangelism" has become tainted due to the efforts of some members of certain other "named" religions. And this is fitting as the state of religion in the world today is one of retreat. Retreat from prominence, and from relevance. Retreat back into the safety of the herd. This despite the very visible efforts of a vocal minority.

And this is as it should be.

Ebb and flow, rise and fall, the seasons of the evolution of humanity are not very different from the seasons of the nature of our wounded planet. The named religions, with their focus on things irreligious, such as materialism, social change and the persistent mischievous "chosen people" syndrome, are naturally becoming less and less relevant as so many of their adherents cling to outdated and erroneous tenants in favor of embracing the science of an advancing civilization and melding it with their beliefs. There is a long and bitter future for these religionists.

But from the ashes will spring a new and better religion. Not the religion of Jesus as taught in the UB, but one slightly more approaching it. And this will suffice, even thrive for a time. And then this new religion will become full of itself and begin to wither.

And the process will begin all over again.

Ride the wave of life. Hold tight during the rough sections and break free and rip during the easy ones. Maintain perspective that our mortal lives are mere blips in the endless panorama of the universe. Stay the course into infinity and let the news du-jour pass over you like water from a duck's back. Live love and be, as best as you can, like the Father.

PostPosted:  

The evolutionary religions of the world may be falling from favor with the populations but simultaneousl with this is the retreat of civilization or should I say the rise of Luciferian self centeredness?
Religion, no matter how it has evolved cannot be underestimated as to its importance for the human race.
I believe the 5th epochal revelation won’t be noticed by billions of hungry souls for a very long time and by then, hopefully the text won’t be rewritten, modified and canonized by self appointed ecclesiastical authorities that presume to have a corner on its interpretation.

PostPosted:  

Al Williams indicates that many former religions replaced by an intermediary of current culture and UB tenets.

I agree.

What is the intermediary? It is a system of artificial logic, which comprises the framework for the way technology operates on an analytical basis. This system is more present in the affairs of human individuals, since we see, for example, "the confession of sins" is not a tradition which is universally upheld. We can say, that the quality of information that a Priest may receive from a Congregant would be greater, when the Congregant is truly confiding. However, the pooling of information in the fourth industrial estate, which can be directly associative with the circumstance and action of the human individual, contains much behavioural strategem, which is useful within the analytical framework of Corporation seeking to redirect existing pathways of human behaviour.

In the media, we can observe how such information, is relevent to the directives of propaganda campaigns. It has also been useful in the claiming of "Coined" terms, which in certain cultures has a representative and sometimes religious meaning. When Corporate Actors of the fourth industrial estate seek to claim a % profit of income, based on the redirection of human behavioural response pattern, many experts within that Corporation recognise will attempt to wrest the association-attribution of the "Coined" concept term, from the existing culture, and claim on behalf of either the fourth industrial estate or the Corporate Actor who has employed said expert. Of course, the instutions of our world have selfish and self-congratulatory directives - they may shape the Church-concepts into State-concepts; you know as the Pilsbury Corporation would suggest, a pleasant moment family gathering is a moment to bake a canned bread.

In the comic-series Original Elfquest (1977-1984), this process was revealed in the way that the matriarch-Elf seduced a Troll, and conceived a half-Troll half-Elf child:
(src: http://elfquest.com/smelt/ )
In his wounded condition, Smelt reignited Winnowill’s healer’s heart, and she took the wounded troll into the bowels of Blue Mountain, with the help of her lackey Door, to bring him back from the brink of death. However, she took her time, high on the rush of being needed by a living being, unlike her immortal, eternally safe people, the Gliders.

Eventually, Smelt recovered but Winnowill had become addicted to the need of another living being. So she seduced him and gave birth to a son who they named Two-Edge to reflect his unique elf-troll heritage. Smelt helped raise the boy, teaching him the art of stonecraft and the ways of trolls, building a subterranean stronghold for his elfin mistress with some rock-shaping help from Door.

This is to say, that the character "Smelt" had an avarice for the precious gems which were hidden in "World of Two Moons", and that in an environment controlled by the character Winnowill, his own desires were gradually replaced in a systematic fashion, eventually conforming to the desires that another character suggested.

How could the evolutionary religions defend against this? In the Catolic Tradition of Roman Catholicism, I had seen the first voluntary deposition of an duly-elected ecumencical "Popo". Then, there was a replacement in this tradition. The new Pope, uses system of technology "Twitter", to promulgate beliefs according to his best estimate of what the Catholic, or Universal, tradition of Christianity entails. Thus, information enters into the fourth industrial estate, whom actor controls and censors the publication of information. The information emulgated by this new "Popo" is intended to be for the benefit of individual Congregants of the Roman Catholic tradition, however all of the justification for action, all of the effectuality and goodness of said emulgation, can be known publickly thereafter.

Thus, in the fact that the fourth industrial estate is "more adaptible", "more nimble", than the existing traditions and cultures whom comprise it, we can see that the better qualities, or shall we say "more effectual" strategies, are incorporated in the the "Generally Accepted Principles" of the new global federalism. Of course, we are not only dealing with the information promulgated directly from the conscious mind of the human individual, but also a set of sub-information, which includes TimeStamp, Locality, certain phisionomical data, vocal tone analysis, and proximate associative population data "who was party to the group at the time this conscious declaration was made."

Why does Al Williams believe that the Institution or Organisation who is partly responsible for the "fall-out" of religious tradition includes the philosophy of the Urantia Papers. Because the Urantia Papers explains the vulnerability of the evolutionary religions before the fourth industrial estate was born. The Urantia Papers does not contain prophecy, but it contains an objective "the most objective" account for the way humanity may progress, after the maximum population-equilibruim (in proportion to the size of our sphere) has been reached.

Thus, some of the lessons gleaned from the Urantia Papers, are lessons that the fourth industrial estate can use against evolutionary religious traditions. When I am writing at great length to explain the psychiatric benefit of these lessons (writing published on the internet), I am aware that in another sense, these words are censored and that my audience will not read these words. I acknowledge that in my vanity, or complacency, I am indirectly or directly suggesting means that the fourth industrial estate could use to immulsify and liquidate the very essences of these cultures, even in a time when these cultures are pillars to human progress, when these cultures are still valid means for survival. I do not even know if it does any good.

In theory, when cultures choose to represent their own culture on the internet, the fourth industrial estate creates a new "playground" for this activity to occur. The actors within the playground are "isolated" from other playgrounds by their own relevence and associative distance from each other. Rather than specific tenets, the fourth industrial estate evaluates the merit of each culture, and according to the sympatico human behaviours (which have been recorded), these cultural "playgrounds" can be rearranged within "the cloud" (the Corporation's shared database partially open to User accessibility). And then the fourth industrial estate, through its publication&censoring mechanism, can bring about "virtual encounters" between one culture and another, by using an operant to connect the published information of one culture to "information diet" of the other culture. This does not have to be a mutual exchange.

When the fourth industrial estate emerged in the beginning of the 1970's, very little of its own purpose came from these evolutionary religions. The fourth industrial estate's birth was nested in subinstitutions of national governments, from whence it sprange a new "global identity", using the strategem of the "military industrial complex" rather than maritime law or law of the hague or law of the american supreme courts. The fourth industrial estate came out of subinstitutions, even from nonauthorized groups said to be in service of national governments. Most of the means that subinstitutions of national governments, is attributable to "energy" or "currency." And the birth of the fourth industrial estate is marked by the "American Oil Dollar", the day the U.S.A. formed an alliance with the OPEC Corporation, hedging the value of its currency to all existing nonrenewable reserves of petrol, scattered in pockets throughout the subsurface of our world.

However, the fourth industrial estate must adapt, in lieu of the fact that our society has "plateaued" at the theoretical condition of "peak oil production". The insanity of capitalism is indicated in the fact that petrol-based polycarbonate polymer materials, used in the manufacturing of products, actually have a "negative value" to the planet and to the land, but since these sub-quality products can yet be manufactured and sold, these sub-quality products ARE manufactured. As a society of the fourth industrial estate, we can see that the increased requirement for packaging (boxes, fillers, plastic filled with air, pallets, containers), is a most inefficient means for the preservation and transport of cargoe, given the knowledge that we possess and possible scientific alternatives. The fact that we have not dealt with anxiety properly as a society, means that "whim purchases", or the splurge, may become compuslive behaviour, or attributable to human neurosis rather than human constitution. Let us "count the cost". Let civil beaurocrats see that until the currency is hedged to "renewable resources", the countenance of our consumer-products will increasingly resemble this very destructive type of "obsolescence".

And indeed, as one who has read the Urantia Papers, I recognise that the purchase of "obsolescent product" is a pattern of behaviour, which might lead to my own soul's, my own, obsolescence (second death).

What does Adam the First, or Eve the First, opine about the fact that on Urantia, even Adam and not just Adamson's tabernacle, has died. What is the frightening implication that the identity of "aurantia" the 606th of Satania indicates to human life, and Adam & Eve the human eternal prototype.

In this sense, the fourth industrial estate learns that manufacturing does not require a laboratory, an factory, or an closed-indoor facility. In fact, there is better profit-potentials to be earned in the cultivation of outdoor spaces, first in the increase of fertility of soils, and second in the planned community of the sacred grove (the summation of plant, fungal, and certain animal populations rather than the human population). And finally, in the ability to motivate children to be gardeners, who then effectuate these plant communities. Or at least, that a seed (even a spore?) contains for itself this closed-indoor facility, having enough wherewith to survive alone in the universe.

I have read the Urantia Papers thoroughly, and it has given me the insights to know what is the basic dynamic of our world-institutions in our current Day. I write this because it is now incumbent upon the fourth industrial estate to mature, to make the next step and see the currency of life, to see how Life actually propagates, and not use a variable of currency which is essentially limited.

Evangelism. Why waste your time on this forum talking about Evangelism. If you are convicted in your faith, about the Urantia Papers, then you will not testify here but in other forums primarily, and to take into consideration the list of instruction "How to be Fatherlike" that pethuel[Posted: 16 Nov 2018 13:39] shared, which Jesus may have told to his Evangels.

Last edited by SEla_Kelly on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:20 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

God, that was deep. I barely understood half of what you were saying, although I did try.

Pretty much, I was just thinking how the undercurrent of the religions today was the Life and Teachings of the Master, like it says somewhere in the book...

Just like how the Adamic civilization, which was not naturally evolved, sank until it reached equilibrium with the surrounding cultures (which it somewhat lifted up), so will the current named religions rise up to find equilibrium with the invisible spiritual awareness of a slowly expanding religion of love (which will be degraded till it reaches equilibrium with whatever state the named religions are in at that point).

But they probably really got to fail, I mean really get awful before they are forced to change. And to me at least, they seem pretty well along the way to that.

Here in the good ol' US of A, a superficial glance at the evangelic religions seems to indicate to me that they have cheerfully let go of even the vestiges of the Teachings of the Master, in favor of expediting political gains and money. But then again, I don't get close to any church (yuk), so I can not say for sure what is really going on.

Really, to me at least, it seems to be an ongoing process with a lot of dead time and occasional bursts of energy and rapid change. How close we are to the next revolution of evolution we are right now, I haven't a clue.

PostPosted:  

SEla,

Your observation is quite insightful and relevant. What I hear in your statement, is this.

That which is truly alive, grows. That which is truly dead, decays. The continuum of social progress is interspersed with life giving injections of true reality, but those do not replace the decay, per se, they essentially fertilize the good stocks of living truth and assist in the maturation of the whole.

In the meantime we earthlings must ever adapt the truths we conceive with the living we practice, ever revealing to our colleagues and our collective consciousness, the variable balance we identify with and that IS our evangelism.

Eventually the decay is eliminated and life is pure.

Also this. Observing the progress with the intention of clarifying the object of our hope is like attempting to study a boat by analyzing its wake and the waves it creates.

Anyway, thanks for your insight.

Jim

PostPosted:  

Least we forget to nourish the Supreme.
Dealing with all of these issues personally and socially is necessary.
A circumcribed view of an evolutionary process can take its toll, create anxiety, unleash the zeal of the 6th Adjutant in the wrong direction.
Trying to evangelize in my opinion is analogous to trying to do the un-doable- like Eve possibly - even Luciferian.
Personal growth then social growth. If we cannot cause our own growth and must be grown by our Mother Spirit by creating favorable conditions for growth, then its reasonable to consider what are the favorable conditions for the social growth that lead us on the path to light and life?

PostPosted:  

well, "spirituality is a measure of one's usefulness to others" and when you exhibit the fruits of the spirit and live abundantly loyal to supreme goals pretty much any social contact is evangelism.

PostPosted:  

I appreciate the many insights offered here related to Evangelism & The Urantia Book. I think the last one by Makalu is quite the succinct summation of many of those.

Makalu wrote:
well, "spirituality is a measure of one's usefulness to others" and when you exhibit the fruits of the spirit and live abundantly loyal to supreme goals pretty much any social contact is evangelism.

I also believe the potential value of anyone's efforts to evangelize or become an evangel depends mightily upon their own spirituality as a "measure of one's usefulness to others". One's motives being in alignment with universe realities is an essential element to their effectiveness. I've known many an evangelist who was unworthy of the title.

I grew up in an evangelical church where fear of damnation was the motivation for evangelism. It was less about spreading any good news or cheer or hope so much as it was an exercise in scaring the hell out of people. It was less about loving others than a duty to prevent eternal damnation to save our own souls from that fate. We were enthusiastically going about sharing our fears and doubts about that which was not and is not reality based....not even Jesusonian based.

This form of evangelism is about conversion and persuasion and conformity of belief and behavior more than it is about the contributions of hope and kindness and patience and forgiveness. We taught others that forgiveness comes only with a cost and by a belief and act....not by the very nature of God and God's paternal nature and personal love and mercy ministry for all his children in a friendly universe.

That's why I have embraced Makalu's described form of evangelism as I walk by in my daily life...it is a personal and caring form of sharing and serving. It becomes as natural as breathing and requires no persuasions or conversions or conformity or acceptance or embrace or even acknowledgment by others. But, the UB teaches, this form of evangelism changes the world as it also changes the evangelist!! The UB teaches this form of evangelism...the sowing of seed as we pass by without regard to the results or the consequences...to give the harvest into God's hands and to let God separate the wheat and the tares as we cannot be trusted with such work. Do we sow the seeds of hope and faith and trust in God's eternal love for us?

Another form of evangelism I have always supported and engaged in is the dissemination of the Revelation itself. Infrequently hand to hand or person to person...and with similar results as everyone else. Although, I have always asked this of every person I gave a UB....please give this to someone else if it does not appeal to you and if you read it and embrace it, please give 3 such books to others in time to come. My first book came to me from someone who received it as a gift but had not read it except just enough to think it weird and know me just well enough to also think me weird enough to enjoy the book!! So who knows where the books we hand out end up and whose lap they land in eventually??!! The parable of the sower demands we focus on the sowing and not the harvest. A very important lesson for us all.

The dissemination I have engaged in has mostly been library placements in my local area and support of those groups and organizations which have published and/or distributed the UB in multiple languages around the world. For 40 years every book found or received was given hand tp hand and person to person...there was zero institutional or commercial distribution.

The very nature of dissemination has radically changed over the last 20 years compared to the 40 before that. We used to try to cultivate readers. Now we simply try to keep up with the demand. A complete paradigm shift in one generation!!

Today, and for some time now, the angels and the internet provide an ever growing, exponentially growing, readership - now in 16 different languages on all continents (yes there's a copy at the Antarctica Station too!) with other languages in production and some languages in third and fourth revisions/corrections. Free downloads and commercial distribution are globally available. Rate of distribution is accelerating. Number of websites and social media groups is exploding as are secondary published books and study aides and multi-media productions and chat rooms and on-line study groups and conferences and symposiums, etc., etc.

UB evangelism used to be about audience/readership creation or creating readers and demand. Now its about supplying the demand that is self-creating and growing!! This is not 'personal' or person to person evangelizing but is definitely a service ministry/mission which could be considered social evangelism!

I have always supported this form of service ministry because I believe the Revelation is its own best voice and representative!! It speaks for itself. We should allow it to speak for itself!! The UB was not given to the few to explain it to the many. It was given to the few that they would share it with the many!! Even the whole world and all people on the world.

Those with sufficient hubris may believe themselves capable and called to interpret the teachings to and for others and to preach and teach without the UB itself have already tainted and twisted and humanized and thereby diminished this celestial gift to humanity. The UB claims to be the fifth epochal revelation to our world....who dares to withhold it and replace it with their own interpretation and distortions of it as somehow superior in content or effect??

The UB claims it is the seed that will grow and grow in influence and effect generation after generation for 40+ generations....we are now in but the third of those generations. And look at the success and progress of the angels and gift makers so far!! Despite all the human frailties and failures of those three generations...still has the book made it to every corner of the globe already!

The UB is a gift for the ages...as was every epochal revelation before it.

We believers in its teachings should live its teachings as we pass by....and we should support the dissemination of the Revelation around the world to those who request their own copies of this gift. Due to poverty and the lack of technology in some parts of the world, the Foundation, the Association, and the Fellowship are still paying for books to be shipped to many places free of charge...pallets of cases by boat and plane....some still literally smuggled in and some delivered by ox, donkey, and cart to eager readers already formed into study groups where one book is shared by many. The need for eager and committed disseminators is still great.

Those committed to organizing groups of dedicated volunteers for this purpose do important work and have proven their effectiveness over the past 60 years. How do books get printed, published, and distributed? It ain't fairy dust. How do students find others and meet and socialize and study and create and share and care in community? It ain't fairy dust. Real people must act to help those who rule and lead and serve our world to achieve progress through the mortal epochs of time and reach our planetary destiny. Such progress does not happen on its own or without the work of dedicated humans...dedicated to service and the ministry of love.

Many thousands of such evangelists and missionaries and servants have served the revelators mission of the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus and the Fifth Epochal Revelation over the past century. They have succeeded. The seed has sprouted and the tree grows and blooms and fruits and gives more seed for future generations. I am so thankful to all those who made such efforts of loving service to disseminate this gift to our world.

I find such dissemination service ministry still relevant. The evangelistic and enthusiastic dissemination of that gift which speaks so eloquently for itself and those who gave this epochal gift of fact and truth. Spread that love around!!!

As Maryjo has pointed out....TruthBook is also a form of dissemination and evangelism. There are many who find this site and those who frequent this site to learn about the Revelation by our many discussions here. Are we focused on the UB and its teachings at this gathering of students dedicated to the study and sharing of the teachings found within the UB? I hope to be.

Thanks to all who come here and who share here.

Bradly 8)

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:

Agreed. If I may add the observation that those that are exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit are not aware that they do so, nor are those that live abundantly loyal to supreme goals conscious of their example, they are not self-conscious in that sense.

PostPosted:  

Having been on the receiving end of a serendipitous encounter with the UB I heartily agree with Bradly's post. I too agree that the UB speaks for itself, and when a person is "ready" for it the words go straight home.

I have no idea how the dynamic works but I know it does. the internet is a somewhat new factor and a tremendous vehicle, i have sent the downloadable pdf to several people, but I always send an amazon link where they can get a physical copy as well. There is just something special about the book. The hard work of the many dedicated folks who have compiled the study helps and the online versions is greatly appreciated, Truthbook has indeed done a great service to all. But days may come when internet service is not available for some time and these printed copies will be like seed corn if needed. Thanks Bradly

PostPosted:  

Those with sufficient hubris may believe themselves capable and called to interpret the teachings to and for others and to preach and teach without the UB itself have already tainted and twisted and humanized and thereby diminished this celestial gift to humanity. The UB claims to be the fifth epochal revelation to our world....who dares to withhold it and replace it with their own interpretation and distortions of it as somehow superior in content or effect??

Bradley, I think you are missing something here. Replacing it with our own interpretation is exactly what the revelators are hoping for.

I have sufficient "hubris" to attempt to fulfill paper 2:7.10.

Quote:
2:7.10 The religious challenge of this age is to those farseeing and forward-looking men and women of spiritual insight who will dare to construct a new and appealing philosophy of living out of the enlarged and exquisitely integrated modern concepts of cosmic truth, universe beauty, and divine goodness. Such a new and righteous vision of morality will attract all that is good in the mind of man and challenge that which is best in the human soul. Truth, beauty, and goodness are divine realities, and as man ascends the scale of spiritual living, these supreme qualities of the Eternal become increasingly co-ordinated and unified in God, who is love.

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
Bradly writes: "Those with sufficient hubris may believe themselves capable and called to interpret the teachings to and for others and to preach and teach without the UB itself have already tainted and twisted and humanized and thereby diminished this celestial gift to humanity. The UB claims to be the fifth epochal revelation to our world....who dares to withhold it and replace it with their own interpretation and distortions of it as somehow superior in content or effect??"

Bradley, I think you are missing something here. Replacing it with our own interpretation is exactly what the revelators are hoping for.

I have sufficient "hubris" to attempt to fulfill paper 2:7.10.

Quote:
2:7.10 The religious challenge of this age is to those farseeing and forward-looking men and women of spiritual insight who will dare to construct a new and appealing philosophy of living out of the enlarged and exquisitely integrated modern concepts of cosmic truth, universe beauty, and divine goodness. Such a new and righteous vision of morality will attract all that is good in the mind of man and challenge that which is best in the human soul. Truth, beauty, and goodness are divine realities, and as man ascends the scale of spiritual living, these supreme qualities of the Eternal become increasingly co-ordinated and unified in God, who is love.

Sorry Jim but the quote does not say to "replace" epochal revelation with anything at all, especially not one's opinionated and subjective personal interpretation. We are to construct a new personal philosophy of living that is appealing to others based on truth, beauty, and goodness and both epochal and personal revelation ...and live this expression of personal religious experience as we walk by in loving service ...refer to Makalu's post.

The living of the teachings is NOT the replacement of the revelation for or by preachers or evangelists. Perhaps it is wiser to share the light and joy of the actual epochal revelation and our own fruits of the Spirit rather than replace those with sermons and fables of interpretation?! Especially when those contradict the actual Revelation and teachings.

And that is the very real danger with replacing epochal revelation with opinionated interpretation...consider what happened to the 4th ER...the beautiful Jesusonian Gospel twisted, distorted, and tainted by those with sufficient hubris to replace it. Such arrogance of one's opinions compared to the very real and universal knowledge of reality presented within the Revelation has already delivered us the gospel ABOUT Jesus rather than rhe gospel OF Jesus.

Now you hope and attempt to replace this Revelation with interpretive stories and preachifications. Sounds so very familiar. How "useful to others" is such a "replacement" of the revelation I wonder? Hubris indeed.

So, no, I don't think I missed anything...thanks anyway.

8)

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:

This comes from 100:2.4 and is so topical. The problem with and danger of evangelism is the spirituality and the level of objective reality perspective of the evangelist becomes the message of evangelism rather than anything related to truth or reality. The disappointments and anxieties and impatience and blame and expectations of the mortal overwhelms the intended message.

Evangelists so often, and incorrectly, declare presumptions of how others have failed and what others are doing wrong and what others should be doing... rather than seeking and finding the light of the Spirit in others and feeding that light. They so often tend to make sweeping claims about the world and its 7 billion souls they could not possibly substantiate or factually know but which clearly demonstrates their own flaws and failures to achieve a reality-perspective based on love, forgiveness, truth, beauty, and goodness.

Rather than hope, trust, faith, peace, and a message truly worthy of the reality of God's love and friendly universe, so often do the sermons and stories reek of a very personal, subjective, and distorted human perspective filled with judgment and demand and disappointment in our world and its people. Such a message is NOT useful to anyone....for anything.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:33 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next