Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Soul possession?
PostPosted:  

Actually, it is love and mercy which go hand in hand. Punishment is but self inflicted repercussions of foolishness, error, evil, immaturity, ignorance, inexperience, sin, and iniquity. And such repercussions are not administered upon us but are the reality response to all choices which are not based upon reality...it is an adjustment cue and clue to error for our growing experiential wisdom. We punish ourselves by our immature choices which deliver repercussions - we reap what we sow.

2:4.1 Mercy is simply justice tempered by that wisdom which grows out of perfection of knowledge and the full recognition of the natural weaknesses and environmental handicaps of finite creatures. "Our God is full of compassion, gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy." Therefore "whosoever calls upon the Lord shall be saved," "for he will abundantly pardon." "The mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting"; yes, "his mercy endures forever." "I am the Lord who executes loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight." "I do not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men," for I am "the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort."

2:4.2 God is inherently kind, naturally compassionate, and everlastingly merciful. And never is it necessary that any influence be brought to bear upon the Father to call forth his loving-kindness. The creature's need is wholly sufficient to insure the full flow of the Father's tender mercies and his saving grace. Since God knows all about his children, it is easy for him to forgive. The better man understands his neighbor, the easier it will be to forgive him, even to love him.

2:4.3 Only the discernment of infinite wisdom enables a righteous God to minister justice and mercy at the same time and in any given universe situation. The heavenly Father is never torn by conflicting attitudes towards his universe children; God is never a victim of attitudinal antagonisms. God's all-knowingness unfailingly directs his free will in the choosing of that universe conduct which perfectly, simultaneously, and equally satisfies the demands of all his divine attributes and the infinite qualities of his eternal nature.

2:4.4 Mercy is the natural and inevitable offspring of goodness and love. The good nature of a loving Father could not possibly withhold the wise ministry of mercy to each member of every group of his universe children. Eternal justice and divine mercy together constitute what in human experience would be called fairness.

2:4.5 Divine mercy represents a fairness technique of adjustment between the universe levels of perfection and imperfection. Mercy is the justice of Supremacy adapted to the situations of the evolving finite, the righteousness of eternity modified to meet the highest interests and universe welfare of the children of time. Mercy is not a contravention of justice but rather an understanding interpretation of the demands of supreme justice as it is fairly applied to the subordinate spiritual beings and to the material creatures of the evolving universes. Mercy is the justice of the Paradise Trinity wisely and lovingly visited upon the manifold intelligences of the creations of time and space as it is formulated by divine wisdom and determined by the all-knowing mind and the sovereign free will of the Universal Father and all his associated Creators.

Last edited by fanofVan on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Perhaps it is time to lock this travesty of a topic??? The subject is not to be taken seriously IMO. Just another provocation.

:roll:

PostPosted:  

BB,
We can have a lively discussion and debate and sincere sharing of ideas without resorting to posting childish internet memes, which are beneath the dignity of the revelation that we study here together. There are Urantia Book forums on Reddit that are more your style.

brooklyn_born wrote:
Here you go with making personal your responses. You could not even last a couple days. I got to put you back on punishment.

Last edited by Agon D. Onter on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:22 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

It was my way of raising my tolerance instead of resorting to blocking personalities when responses become personal in nature, but fair enough. I will discontinue the memes.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
BB,
We can have a lively discussion and debate and sincere sharing of ideas without resorting to posting childish internet memes, which are beneath the dignity of the revelation that we study here together.

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
BB, There are Urantia Book forums on Reddit that are more your style.

I didn't know there was a UB community on Reddit. Interesting. Do you have a direct link?

PostPosted:  

Never mind. Just signed up and subscribed. Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
However, the 'resurrection of the unjust' suggests to me another Father fragment or indwelling device can take up residence in the mind and that the soul grows a new personality. This is what I extrapolate from the revelation.

Besides the Father fragment there are 2 what we might call agencies which may also indwell or in some way cohabitate with the mortal mind: the fusion sponsor of The Infinite Spirit and the fusion sponsor of The Eternal Son. However, we are told that The Paradise Trinity is unified. The Father, Son and Spirit are not likely to ever be in disagreement and would obviously not countermand the original adjuster's decision regarding survival of the mortal.

PostPosted:  

To All,

I quote the original post:

Quote:
Mods if this topic is too controversial in nature for this forum, by all means do what is needed. But I think it merely pushes the envelope just a tad bit, so please bear with it :badgrin:

Can the soul be possessed? Consider the following revelation:

Quote:
112:5.18 (1234.7) 2. The return of the Adjuster to the waiting morontia creature. The Adjuster is the eternal custodian of your ascending identity; your Monitor is the absolute assurance that you yourself and not another will occupy the morontia form created for your personality awakening. And the Adjuster will be present at your personality reassembly to take up once more the role of Paradise guide to your surviving self.

Can the morontial form be possessed? Why would a revelator even infer the possibility of an impossibility, if it is indeed an impossible event? It defies logic unless it is not an impossible event. The reader, I think, is left no alternative but to deduce a 'disadjustered' soul could be possessed. Remember the Seraphim raises the morontial soul and awaits the TA to respond. Are there walking Zombies among us? Michael Jackson tried to warn us in Thriller!!! :badgrin:

This topic has the potential of opening up discussions not for the faint of heart so I digress.

Mods, the decision is yours if it can remain or be removed to Abner's corner.

After four pages of what I consider to be a fair airing of this topic, it is now locked. Soul possession is not a Urantia Book teaching; our "agnostic" member is certainly entitled to his/her opinions, but now, this discussion seems to be going nowhere new.

Above all, The Urantia Book's - and Jesus' - teachings present to us the reality of a friendly universe. Soul possession - especially presented in this original thread citing zombies and "Thriller" - is unnecessarily sensational. Again, despite its unseemly nature, it has been given a fair hearing. Now, let the readers of the thread determine their own opinions.

The topic is now locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4