Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:25 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

The Panoptians are custodians of the detention satellites surrounding seventh transition world, "Father's sphere." It could be said they serve in some kind of law enforcement capacity. The term, it appears, was borrowed and enlarged by the Revelators; Panopticon most likely is its etymology.

Truthbook's entry (link) on Panopticon provides the following:

Quote:
Panoptia = the all (pan-) - seeing (op-) place (-tia) (Literally, the Panoptians are "those who see the big picture". They saw beyond the sophistries of the Lucifer rebellion. The name of their leader during those times, Ellanora, literally means "the light", shining in the darkness of the rebellion.)

The term panopticon is a type of penitentiary:

source: link

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I picked up on that, also, while reading that part of TUB. I remembered the term "Panopticon" and its origin, from what I studied in Psychology class.

Quote:
53:7.1 (607.2) The Lucifer rebellion was system wide. Thirty-seven seceding Planetary Princes swung their world administrations largely to the side of the archrebel. Only on Panoptia did the Planetary Prince fail to carry his people with him. On this world, under the guidance of the Melchizedeks, the people rallied to the support of Michael. Ellanora, a young woman of that mortal realm, grasped the leadership of the human races, and not a single soul on that strife-torn world enlisted under the Lucifer banner. And ever since have these loyal Panoptians served on the seventh Jerusem transition world as the caretakers and builders on the Father’s sphere and its surrounding seven detention worlds. The Panoptians not only act as the literal custodians of these worlds, but they also execute the personal orders of Michael for the embellishment of these spheres for some future and unknown use. They do this work as they tarry en route to Edentia.

PostPosted:  

I took only one psychology course for my major. We didn't delve too deep into the subject since it was an intro course. I remember asking the professor about lucid dreaming; the subject at the time was REM sleep. He looked at me like I was bugged out my mind! :badgrin: I also told him that Sigmund Freud was a qabbalist (or at least flirted with it) and much of his mind theories were drawn from Jewish mysticism. Again, he looked at me like I was bugged out my ever-loving mind. Lmao. I wound up getting a grade B for that course.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
I picked up on that, also, while reading that part of TUB. I remembered the term "Panopticon" and its origin, from what I studied in Psychology class.

Quote:
53:7.1 (607.2) The Lucifer rebellion was system wide. Thirty-seven seceding Planetary Princes swung their world administrations largely to the side of the archrebel. Only on Panoptia did the Planetary Prince fail to carry his people with him. On this world, under the guidance of the Melchizedeks, the people rallied to the support of Michael. Ellanora, a young woman of that mortal realm, grasped the leadership of the human races, and not a single soul on that strife-torn world enlisted under the Lucifer banner. And ever since have these loyal Panoptians served on the seventh Jerusem transition world as the caretakers and builders on the Father’s sphere and its surrounding seven detention worlds. The Panoptians not only act as the literal custodians of these worlds, but they also execute the personal orders of Michael for the embellishment of these spheres for some future and unknown use. They do this work as they tarry en route to Edentia.

PostPosted:  

I attended a lecture on lucid dreaming a few weeks ago. I left afterward, unconvinced. :badgrin:

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
I attended a lecture on lucid dreaming a few weeks ago. I left afterward, unconvinced. :badgrin: