Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:32 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adjutant intellect
PostPosted:  

Of course it is not the idea that the lungfish "walked" but that its skin and gills could actually breathe.

In the Old Testament, it is not that Joseph of Egypt exhibited the adjutant spirit of knowledge. However, how do we consider this foresight? In my opinion, it is no so much greater than the chipmunk. You could consider these two things, the function of the adjutant mind spirits in animals, and the function of the adjutant mind spirits in the mind of Joseph of Egypt.

When we do observe the function of the adjutant mind spirits in nature, how do we approach this? There is a definite contrast between Urantian experimentation and traditional material experimentation in a laboratory. I am not so familiar with the Heisenberg principle, but theoretically, if one is observing the function of the adjutant mind spirits in nature, how could his individual mind, his perspective, be separated from those forces? The Urantian Perspective must account for the effect that man may have upon his experiments, "for even the faithful may move mountains".

In the gradual cultivation of land, according to any true ideal, there is the prospect that, as the plantlife learns to share the sunlight according to the equilibrium distribution of creature needs, "the life of the forest", as depicted by artists such as Pablo Amiringo, takes effect. In reality, what is the cosmic harmony that is expressed through such life?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thanks MaryJo, I needed that.

Actually I was following the thread to try to learn about adjutant intellect and whether it is something I need to be concerned about, ha ha I am such a greenhorn here.

I assume it is not a key issue for me at this time and I will come back to it later.

Thanks!

PostPosted:  

Hi Bradly,

Just to clarify, as a physicist, I understand Jim's comment about "consciousness cognizable by humans" simply to mean our capacity to perceive the sort of absonite relationships "faintly glimpsed" (195:7.5) in "relativity":
Quote:
"[...]. And let not your dabblings with the faintly glimpsed findings of "relativity" disturb your concepts of the eternity and infinity of God. [...]" ("2078.8, 195:7.5)

This is precisely on track with the original idea in this thread, about "adjutant intellect" and "modes of perception". The idea is that, having been exposed to the Urantia book's revelation about the reality of a transcendental ("absonite") domain as "pre-echo" of the finite (105:7.1), our capacity to imagine absonite relationships increases (becomes "cognizable"). Even more so, as the source and motivation for our modes of perception shift from (a) the urges of the adjutants from below, to (b) the lure of the cosmic intuitions from above.

Recall, from the Relativity of Concept Frames (115:1.2),
Quote:
"[...]. Man must think in a mortal universe frame, but that does not mean that he cannot envision other and higher frames within which thought can take place." (1260.3, 115:1.2)

And even more relevant:
Quote:
"Volition, the act of choosing, must function within the universe frame which has actualized in response to higher and prior choosing. [...]" (1300.3, 118:6.7)

Quote:
"[...]. Beyond the Supreme, concepts are increasingly names; less and less are they true designations of reality; more and more do they become the creature’s projection of finite understanding toward the superfinite." (1262.1, 115:3.4)

I understand Jim to be saying simply that the Urantia book can, if allowed, help to bump its students into another, higher frame in which to think. And to discover. And to choose.

Oh, and please don't get the idea that I fail to see moonshine and hogwash; it's just that one measure of maturity is the amount of provocation we can ignore. 8)

Onward, my dearest friend and favorite fellow student!!
Nigel

PostPosted:  

Thank you my friend. Thanks for the illumination too. Always so generous!

Is a classroom a place to ignore hogwash and endure intentional provocation (the MO and specialty of two particular individuals around here...at least...if some cannot see or discern it) I wonder? And is a study group the place for proclamations of one's visions and claims of knowing God's reality....or any such demonstrations of self importance?

Many here over the years have been shown the door who also made such claims of personal visions and knowledge....rather than any interest in or intention to learn and share the actual Revelation. Now students are told of our inferiorities compared to the one who has lowered himself from the lofty peaks of spiritual progress to save the rest of us with his special knowledge of God's reality. Good grief.

Thanks again Nigel...the first to greet and welcome me to the forums so many years ago! Blessings to a great friend, student, fellow servant, and mentor.

8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
And is a study group the place for proclamations of one's visions and claims of knowing God's reality....or any such demonstrations of self importance?

Just an opinion on my part, but I didn't take so much any post of this topic as a major proclamation of one's (personal) visions. A student of these amazing papers *must* as I see it, live the teachings - ponder them in many different contexts and possibilities. It is quite possible that a person has not quite acquired any additional vision or wisdom or growth if they cannot paraphrase the lessons in their own words. Sure, some will not detect an echo of the original message in everything everyone here says. But it seems a bit cheap and non-generous to simply wash away every bit of possible relevance without really having a clue as to what exactly is going on in the mind and soul of a progressing person.

One option for the moderators, and this is done in many high volume forums, is to simply remove any post which is obviously off-topic or inflammatory and email the poster that they have done so.

PostPosted:  

right, wrong or somewhere in between it's still the same accusations against the same people for the same audience (albeit robert's not posted here in just over 9 years...good grief). dude needs to consider what he hopes to achieve by this...fine line between gatekeeper and bridge troll.

PostPosted:  

Reading and studying the Urantia Book is fine and good.

But learning how to live only comes from following the guidance we all recieve from the Divine Presence within. And because of the trials and errors that are experienced as we learn, grow up and mature in the business of the doing of the Father's will.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Reading and studying the Urantia Book is fine and good.

But learning how to live only comes from following the guidance we all recieve from the Divine Presence within. And because of the trials and errors that are experienced as we learn, grow up and mature in the business of the doing of the Father's will.

Agreed...just as the UB teaches!!

:wink: 8)

PostPosted:  

nnunn wrote:
Hi Bradly,

Just to clarify, as a physicist, I understand Jim's comment about "consciousness cognizable by humans" simply to mean our capacity to perceive the sort of absonite relationships "faintly glimpsed" (195:7.5) in "relativity":
Quote:
"[...]. And let not your dabblings with the faintly glimpsed findings of "relativity" disturb your concepts of the eternity and infinity of God. [...]" ("2078.8, 195:7.5)

This is precisely on track with the original idea in this thread, about "adjutant intellect" and "modes of perception". The idea is that, having been exposed to the Urantia book's revelation about the reality of a transcendental ("absonite") domain as "pre-echo" of the finite (105:7.1), our capacity to imagine absonite relationships increases (becomes "cognizable"). Even more so, as the source and motivation for our modes of perception shift from (a) the urges of the adjutants from below, to (b) the lure of the cosmic intuitions from above.

Recall, from the Relativity of Concept Frames (115:1.2),
Quote:
"[...]. Man must think in a mortal universe frame, but that does not mean that he cannot envision other and higher frames within which thought can take place." (1260.3, 115:1.2)

And even more relevant:
Quote:
"Volition, the act of choosing, must function within the universe frame which has actualized in response to higher and prior choosing. [...]" (1300.3, 118:6.7)

Quote:
"[...]. Beyond the Supreme, concepts are increasingly names; less and less are they true designations of reality; more and more do they become the creature’s projection of finite understanding toward the superfinite." (1262.1, 115:3.4)

I understand Jim to be saying simply that the Urantia book can, if allowed, help to bump its students into another, higher frame in which to think. And to discover. And to choose.

Oh, and please don't get the idea that I fail to see moonshine and hogwash; it's just that one measure of maturity is the amount of provocation we can ignore. 8)

Onward, my dearest friend and favorite fellow student!!
Nigel

Great quotes...and ties in so well with the topic...thank you!

I certainly agree that the religionist's perception of patterns and dimensional appreciation for reality does indeed evolve and mature...that "adjutant intellect" and "modes of perception" are dynamic and affected by the mind's inherent ability to transcend its current paradigms and perspectives and limits into the discovery of new meanings and new appreciation of reality itself. This can be a function of growth in faith and faith assurance, revelatory truth embrace and assurance, and the factual knowledge acquired by science AND epochal revelation....personal experience!

The learning of new fact and the gaining of new insights and the enlarged perspective and paradigm shifts resulting from learning makes learning itself experiential! Education is functionally progressive and experiential. The application of new knowledge and perspective demonstrates a faith in the realities so discovered that delivers additional experiential and volitional knowledge at the endless intersections of choice and differential conduct.

One element to such transcendent dimensional perception and realization is the time-unit of perception we are taught! While some may mistakenly claim that the past is irrelevant to the present, the UB certainly teaches otherwise. Indeed, we cannot perceive the moment with any accuracy or fact or truth until and unless we can contextualize the present in relationship to the past and the future....the further back in time and the further forward in time, the more effective and accurate becomes perspective. This is why it is foolhardy to presume to understand Jim's recent posts (or anyone else's) without the context of his historical views and posts. To ignore those and claim them irrelevant and demand a presumption that defies history is just silly...and contrary to the teachings.

Thanks Nigel for directing our attention to Paper118:

118:6.6 (1300.2) In the mortal life, paths of differential conduct are continually opening and closing, and during the times when choice is possible the human personality is constantly deciding between these many courses of action. Temporal volition is linked to time, and it must await the passing of time to find opportunity for expression. Spiritual volition has begun to taste liberation from the fetters of time, having achieved partial escape from time sequence, and that is because spiritual volition is self-identifying with the will of God.

118:6.7 (1300.3) Volition, the act of choosing, must function within the universe frame which has actualized in response to higher and prior choosing. The entire range of human will is strictly finite-limited except in one particular: When man chooses to find God and to be like him, such a choice is superfinite; only eternity can disclose whether this choice is also superabsonite.

I think "differential conduct" relates to the higher adjutants and also to mota or the volition of soul. We must remember that there are 3 of "us" to consider. The God Fragment, me, and our co-creation of the soul....each and all of the 3 has volition!! And the differential conduct choices or volition of "me" is influenced by all 3 sets of awareness and the response of "me" to the inner urges and yearns and perspective and knowledge from and by all sources. All sources!

We "merely human" (as someone so recently claimed the rest of us to be) mortals face the same and similar choices over and over and over until we volitionally make choices with better and better and better wisdom and outcomes. This is the very nature of experience...and is imbedded within the ministry of the Adjutants. Indeed, not just mortals, but ALL life includes an evolutionary and experiential growth aspect due to the inherent dynamics of life and mind as created by the Life Carriers and the Adjutants partnership.

But this fact, truth, and functional reality also carries forward for us with morontia mind and the addition of mota. All of Gods' children in time and space, including the Paradise Creator Sons, mature by experiential wisdom and achieve and acquire ever greater perspective and perfecting in time. Still must we forever learn by choosing and doing and experiencing results/repercussions and we must recognize those R&R's and adjust our volitional choices accordingly...and eternally!

That's why, we are told, that the acquisition of knowledge is the purpose of the universe...we will never outgrow the need for and function of new knowledge. We cannot properly perceive, approach, function, or even approach reality without knowledge. Faith, we are taught, is but a bridge to knowledge, experience, and understanding of reality.

Those who proclaim knowledge is inferior to experience do not even begin to understand experience....or knowledge either one or the relationship between the two. The universe is about the acquisition of knowledge and the experiential and adaptive growth of wisdom by that acquisitional and aggregational and harmonizational integration of the growth process over time by constantly deciding between the multiple choices of many different courses of action!

Nigel, you say above: "I understand Jim to be saying simply that the Urantia book can, if allowed, help to bump its students into another, higher frame in which to think. And to discover. And to choose."

Me here: Many influences exist to "bump" us religionists into higher frames of reference and dimensional perspectives of reality...the UB being another one certainly. The TA also provides a "bump" by adding the influence of the yearn and personal revelation to the ministry of the Adjutants. I understand Jim to be claiming that new reality dimensions appeared with the publishing of the UB which changed the "game" of evolutionary, experiential growth. I disagree.

For example, I think the profoundly differential gift of the Son's Spirit of Truth does also indeed change or can change and is expected to change our perception of dimensional reality but also does not change reality itself - dimensionally or otherwise. I don't think any epochal or personal revelation changes reality either. It may and hopefully does change the view and appreciation and understanding and knowledge of some individuals and our relationship to reality and over time, more and more individuals' perception of reality are thusly changed and volitional choices are thusly changed, which leads the world forward into progress and truth...as goes the parts so goes the whole.

[Edited by author's permission]

Thanks again. I look forward to more study of the Adjutants and the function of evolutionary mind and its bridge to morotial mind. What an evolutionary wonder of achievement!!

Your friend, Bradly 8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:48 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Actually Robert posted a topic here on he and Jim's church reformation two years ago

yes, i suspected that i didnt read the column title in the search results correctly and that you'd latch on to it and ignore the meat of the post...argumentative troll.

PostPosted:  

[quote="maryjo606"]

And BTW, since when is evangelism a bad thing?

I am very interested in discussing this, perhaps in another thread?

PostPosted:  

Sorry to break momentum of messages here, but speaking of novelty it can be fascinating to focus on the subject at hand :)

Quote:
[...]. In the mortal experience the human intellect resides in the rhythmic pulsations of the adjutant mind-spirits and effects its decisions within the arena produced by encircuitment within this ministry."( 1286.5, 117:5.7 )

Wow! I'm looking at this again with refreshed eyes and see the really intriguing phrase "rhythmic pulsations of these circuit-like mind-spirits" that has reached awareness again for the first time in many years. We know that the brain has cycles or pulsations of electrical energy that are called for example: alpha, beta and gamma waves.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... 997-12-22/
http://www.mind-your-reality.com/brain_waves.html

Those who have intentionally or unintentionally experienced some form of altered consciousness may have even clearly felt somewhat slower pulsations in the energy or the state of consciousness. I'm wondering if there are EEG studies on subjects who experience altered consciousness or are engaged in highly creative activities.

PostPosted:  

65:7.7 "The adjutants functino exclusively in the evoltion of experincing mind up to the level of the sixth phase, the spirit of worship. At this leve there occurs that inevitable overlapping of ministry - the phenomenon of the higher reaching down to coordinate with the lower in anticipation of subsequent attainment of advanced levels of development."

36:5.3 "with regard to the sixth and seventh adjutant spirits - worship and wisdom - these central lodgments record only a qualitative function."

Nigel, I believe when the "spirit of worship" becomes activated in the human body, it may perhaps only be revealed through the coordination/harmonization of the first five adjutant spirits, since these along are (potentially) measurable, according to the explanation provided Vorondadek Author paper 36. I am saying this in order for you to consider amending your model from 7 chambers/spaces of adjutant induction, to 5 at most.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
"I believe when the "spirit of worship" becomes activated in the human body, it may perhaps only be revealed through the coordination/harmonization of the first five adjutant spirits, since these alon(e) are (potentially) measurable, according to the explanation provided Vorondadek Author paper 36. I am saying this in order for you to consider amending your model from 7 chambers/spaces of adjutant induction, to 5 at most."

Hi SEIa_Kelly,

As you know, in the UB revelation, we humans are defined as the one animal on the planet in which all seven ("rhythmically pulsating") adjutant circuits are engaged.
So when the author writes (36:5.3, 401.7)
UB 36:5.3 wrote:
"These life-mind emplacements are perfect indicators of living mind function for the first five adjutants. But with regard to the sixth and seventh adjutant spirits -- worship and wisdom -- these central lodgments record only a qualitative function. The quantitative activity of the adjutant of worship and the adjutant of wisdom is registered in the immediate presence of the Divine Minister on Salvington, being a personal experience of the Universe Mother Spirit."

I understand this to mean that both the "quality" and "quantity" of such interaction is measurable. Thus I think that any worthwhile map of such psycho-somatic (adjutant-human) interaction should indicate all seven.

What do you think?

Nigel

PostPosted:  

I think it is more plausible for there to be 1, 3, or 5 essential reservoirs for the combinance of the seven adjutant mind spirits (within the human body), than 7.

What does it mean Central Lodgment. To me this is not reference necessarily the spaces of the human tabernacle, but actually the reservoirs of adjutant mind spirits in the spheres surrounding Salvington. I would like more clarification or if there is proof that it references either the reserves or the orchestration of adjutant harmonization within the human tabernacle.

Elaboration of 36:5.3 "the adjutant of wisdom is registered in the immediate presence of the Divine Minister on Salvington"

If we can quantify something, we can identify it scientifically, or I believe we should be able to if we are wise enough. It makes sense, then, that one could only measure worship or wisdom, as an analysis of the enhancement of the other quantifiable spirits. You would see new patterns emerge in the way the lower five spirits are expressed, but in the actuality the spirits of worship and wisdom would be like an emanation, a resonance we are able to receive but not full express, being somewhat confounding to do so, being beyond the maximum reach of human counsel.

I guess I should append what I meant by "combinence" I am referring to a combinence of the first five adjutant spirits, through a presiding type of orchestration via the spirit of worship or wisdom. My own conception adjutant ministry now consists of a blending of the first five, and the sixth and seventh are only present on Salvington. Thus the human desire to become like God will cause the reach of the Divine Minister through the spirit of worship, whereas the first five adjutant mind spirits would be consternating within the mind of the human individual who worships.

If it is only qualitatively true, it is not measurably present within the human tabernacle (it ~ worship or wisdom). If the orchestration of the first five adjutant mind spirits within an animal creature, evidences actual SENTIENCE, it EVOKES worship from the Divine Minister. In this sense the spirit of worship and wisdom are held in trust for the soul by the Divine Minister, in like a reserve bank on Salvington. It enhances His Life- the Divine Minister, and by this, the Divine Minister may instruct seraphim who you know are dedicated to service Urantian and somehow benefit from this spirit of worship.

So the seven adjutant mind spirits are certainly held in reserves in the Salvington spheres, but only the first five actually "manifest" in the evolutionary human mind.

Note: "Consternating"suggest the etymology of this word "Sternere": to lower. Would be "consternating" i.e. "lowered", from the Divine Minister into the tabernacle of the human individual. This is like when I worked in a Pizza Parlour called the 9's and what we would have to do, is we would use a pully to send the deep-dish pizzas to the bartender on the first floor, in a simple metal-box contraption when the order is ready.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next