Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:36 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adjutant intellect
PostPosted:  

Nigel, I just want to say how pleased I am to have seen your "Quivering on the Brink" piece.

I have long been familiar with the elements of Fig 5" - the 7 adjutant spirits and their connection to the 7 energy centers (chakras) and also, I think - or wonder about - the 7 endocrine glands as well, which you have not included in this figure. I wonder if those can be correlated to the adjutants and how we are able to metabolize, if you will, the energies that comprise that system. Its curious to me that there are seven of those, also: pituitary, pineal, thyroid, thymus, pancreas, adrenals, and the reproductive glands; I know there are others, but these seven seem to correlate with the chakras.

Maybe I missed it - I ran through your essay, it was very good...but do you think those glands are connected, too?

Thanks

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

always found this bit about humans needing animals interesting:

Quote:
P403:1, 36:5.13 The adjutant mind-spirits experientially grow, but they never become personal. They evolve in function, and the function of the first five in the animal orders is to a certain extent essential to the function of all seven as human intellect. This animal relationship makes the adjutants more practically effective as human mind; hence animals are to a certain extent indispensable to man's intellectual as well as to his physical evolution.

certainly the spirit of intuition functions way better in insects than us...and the spirit of counsel in dogs.

article on insect intelligence has some interesting facts and points like this:

Quote:
.....intelligence, if it’s measured by behavioural repertoire, innovativeness or sociality. In any of those examples, a honeybee will come out as more intelligent than a human or a whale.

source: Insect Brains and Animal Intelligence

PostPosted:  

I do not mean to be off-topic, sir, regarding the adjutant intellect, but since you have introduced a structure by which this group can analyse the methods by which the cosmic mind spirits let us say coexist within the human tabernacle. I have been wondering about how this life that I possess, is of the origin from the Divine Minister, and that is to say of temporary custody within the living creature.

I feel like nutrition may play a key role, as the chemistry of the soils enters a crisis point for industrial style farming in north america. What is the differential nutrition betweenst the wild game, versus the live-stock type of meat-market that most consumers are familiar with? What is the corresponding differential nutritino betweenst the free-range style meat and the grains-fed industrial meat producers. What is the basic human need for interaction with animals, and what are the key symptoms of deficiency for persons living in the modern world, in cities, or who have adopted this so-called "sedentary lifestyle".

What is the arena of mind choice, which you are alluding to? It is the privacy of the rational mind, as one allows thoughts and behaviours to be formulized and developed. However, the human individual must exist within an environ/cosmos which is capable of supplying the proper nutrition. In its basest form, we may consider this differential between two prime nutritional needs: food and light. Then we may assume, the environ which plays to more hues, more birdsong, and more immersion within the ideal selection of foliage, attuned to one's inner vibrations or frequency. The idea that man has been given the world to be fruitful and multiply also implies the desire to shape the garden of eden according to the needs of the inner psyche. How may this be accomplished in the modern quorum and communities.

We must introduce the concept of ultimate harmonization, which is accomplished between man & his environ, as he competes with himself, his own conscience within this arena. Whether you would device separate centers of organ systems, which harmonise the essence of individuated mind spirits. Or whether it must be that every organ must function harmoniously in order to create receptivity for the mind of the human individual.

When you are analysing the qualities of the seven mind spirits, do you ever go beyond their descriptions? That we are not merely dealing with the spirit of intuition, for instance, but rather the manifestation of the Universal Father, as it is powerprocessed by the Divine Minister of Nebadon. And also, for instance, that this spirit of courage is a manifestation of the Infinite Spirit through the Divine Minister. It is life abroad in the universe, in a sense consigned unto your material form. However attenuated, these aspects are real, and they are amplified in the empowerment of the Holy Trinity, in that those who seek to do the most righteousness, are fueled in the light of God, through the hues of the holy ministry which supply such adjutant mind spirits through whatever mechanism of the spiritual receptivity.

PostPosted:  

Sociologically speaking, there are many grave dangers when the land-person ratio is not suited to the population's needs. But let us consider the life of Jesus of Nazareth, as one who was able to dwell during a time of splendour and natural abundance. This identifies the differential by which I can identify the deficiencies in the modern man. For instance, it is said that community gardens are vital to supply the impressions children require, by which familiarity with nature can be gained. However, these children are not receiving nearly as much first-hand experience with either the study of wild plants or involvement with the harvests, both of which Jesus acquired experience in at an early age.

In fact, the difference between an upbringing inside a walled city (let us consider that highways also have walls in the city). There is an obvious lack of encounters with anything that can be considered wild, which indicates that the lower adjutant spirits may go relatively undeveloped. Graffiti, and urban beautification are attempts to put hues back into the scape of the urban environ, which is a cry for help as psychologists such as James Hillman have noted. The painting over of certain graffiti, indicates the further suppression of function, by way that humans are unable to consider messages, suggestions, and subconsciously affected inability to experience colours in their environs.

So, let us reinstate the basic functional relationships that people require in their environs, especially for children: to have edibles growing in the yard, petting zoos, and better breeding of domesticable creatures, more attention to the endangered species and less to dogs and cats for instance. And along with the demand for technical educations, that horticulture become mandatory, even more basic and fundamental than the constructionskills education.

I have always found comfort in the analogy of the tree, which represents the harmony of the cosmic mind ministry. If human understanding is to be aided and correspond with the ministry of the Holy Spirit, then we must pay especial attention as a society to the fundation of human needs, both natural and psychological. The dangers are that in confusion, man may temporarily move away from the harmony and the honesty of righteousness, due in part to an overabundance of published suggestions, and a grave lack of natural environmental stimulation.

The affection that the Divine Minister gives unto Urantia is expressed through the life of every adjutant mind spirit. To a great extent, we are the vehicles by which such impetus might be known. When we witness the ravages brought on by human expansion, we are also witnessing a reckoning because we must consider the health of the planet and the ability of the cosmic mind spirit ministry to function within all living creatures. Faith must also take a context of vibrancy, or intent, in the modern age because the land and its creatures are in crises. These complex scenarios that apprise each arena, each person's mind, nevertheless must be sustained by the life of the Divine Minister, and so my point here is that the Divine Minister would not go against the Divine Minister's own life, in this sense only those who are minded to do righteousness (namely the righteousness of the lord christ michael) are enlightened. I am not suggesting that the Holy Spirit is exclusive, but rather that those who are too exclusive in their own judgment may be deprived of His Minsitery.

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
always found this bit about humans needing animals interesting:

Quote:
P403:1, 36:5.13 The adjutant mind-spirits experientially grow, but they never become personal. They evolve in function, and the function of the first five in the animal orders is to a certain extent essential to the function of all seven as human intellect. This animal relationship makes the adjutants more practically effective as human mind; hence animals are to a certain extent indispensable to man's intellectual as well as to his physical evolution.

certainly the spirit of intuition functions way better in insects than us...and the spirit of counsel in dogs.

article on insect intelligence has some interesting facts and points like this:

Quote:
.....intelligence, if it’s measured by behavioural repertoire, innovativeness or sociality. In any of those examples, a honeybee will come out as more intelligent than a human or a whale.

source: Insect Brains and Animal Intelligence

Very interesting!! The adjutants also direct the life of plants as well as insects and animals. Growing up on a farm with one's toes and hands in the dirt was very illuminating and certainly does connect one to larger cycles and relationships and systems of life...directed by God....as I now know as by the Adjutants. Life itself has impulses and urges and the teachable and unteachable mind ministries. All of life is engaged in striving for survival and procreation and perfecting and is codependent with other life forms in relationships (some based on cooperation and others based on competition but all perpetuated by adaptivity and progression of traits and capabilities over generations and time - and mortals are engaged with and by every single level of life and adjutant ministry and evolutionary process - from the simplest to the most complex organizations of life - even life that is self aware and other aware and creates and transcends and is connected to spirit by mind, able to partner with God to create soul for the eternal adventure of self. We are the pinnacle of achievement and expression of all Adjutant and Life Carrier efforts and ministries.

66:7.19 Mankind was not consigned to agricultural toil as the penalty of supposed sin. "In the sweat of your face shall you eat the fruit of the fields" was not a sentence of punishment pronounced because of man's participation in the follies of the Lucifer rebellion under the leadership of the traitorous Caligastia. The cultivation of the soil is inherent in the establishment of an advancing civilization on the evolutionary worlds, and this injunction was the center of all teaching of the Planetary Prince and his staff throughout the three hundred thousand years which intervened between their arrival on Urantia and those tragic days when Caligastia threw in his lot with the rebel Lucifer. Work with the soil is not a curse; rather is it the highest blessing to all who are thus permitted to enjoy the most human of all human activities.

68:6.1 Man is a creature of the soil, a child of nature; no matter how earnestly he may try to escape from the land, in the last reckoning he is certain to fail. "Dust you are and to dust shall you return" is literally true of all mankind. The basic struggle of man was, and is, and ever shall be, for land. The first social associations of primitive human beings were for the purpose of winning these land struggles. The land-man ratio underlies all social civilization.

PostPosted:  

I have a series of questions for your consideration Nigel Nunn.

Let me introduce the methods of chipmunks, as I have noticed in this season an unusual industriousness. They are constantly seeking to gather nuts, and to stow them in the warm places where they may dwell, and this instinct of course has existed for aeons. Now you provide the reference where the interaction of motivational forces, as purveyed through the harmony of the adjutant mind spirits. I am saying instead of your frog, let us use your model for considering this chipmunk's activity. Can we say that this behaviour exhibits some of the higher functions, as in every moment of the day, these creatures are continually rummaging and spitting their clutch, in their hidden corners of the forest. In this excitable state, I imagine that the chipmunk is actually the living spirit of knowledge from the Divine Minister. What particular adjutant mind spirit might be discernible in a pattern of behaviours, for this particular creature to gather into its own facility, what food it perceives to require? I can guess that it is adjutant spirit knowledge, one of the higher spirits to have existed within living creatures on Urantia.

Also, I have a great deal of questions, as to the proper translation of certain cultural traditions, whereby the National Americans are Living the Totem, literally attempting to express the voice of such creatures. Is there any artistic connection within similiarities in the expressions of animals, and certain cultural traditions, I wonder? And do the elders of certain tribes actually share the adjutant intellectual relationship with animal behaviours, and how do you explain this all sir.

How do you actually differentiate logically, within the pronouncement of the cosmic mind spirits, within the animal kingdoms? Can we say that there is some spirit of intuition that may prompt birds to migrate? In the clever behaviours of the wild creatures, we may identify the presence of the Divine Minister, and these even become modes of expression for society. We can suggest, for instance, that "it is Okay" for children to act like animals, when they attempt to mimic some little quibble or hopefully survival technique. Because it is good to allow the expression of the Divine Minister, through the adjutant mind spirits.

Can we notice the 5 true essences of the Divine Minister, through this study in nature, in the natural genius of mortal creatures? Where do you see in the story of Urantian evolution, are the marks of expression, whereby the adjutant mind spirits were then expressible? Can we simply say that somewhere along the story of evolution (Urantia Papers 58-62), we believe there is this emergence. Many people say, that the lung fish, is very courageous to have "walked" on the marinelands, but most people who have read the Urantia Papers would be hesitant to suggest that the lungfish actually exhibits the adjutant spirit of courage.

The "Courageous" lungfish? The "Knowledgable" Chipmunk? That is only my opinion.

PostPosted:  

Jim wrote:
Quote:
The clarity of your explanation of the discovery process of Truth as explained in "Making Truth Accessible" is exceptional, but metaphorically and in my view, you end at the entrance to the gate. I submit that Jesus spent much effort and time helping folks climb that seemingly invisible mountain of spirit reality association we tend to avoid, at least as recorded in the Urantia Book, while he spent little effort explaining the path up to the gate.

Precisely! The essence of the 4th epochal revelation (Jesus) was the spirit reality of our personal relationship with our Dad.

What the 5th epochal revelation makes accessible are all sorts of "details", those fundamentals necessary for our skeptical, scientific age. How is the Universal Father the source and center of Personality gravity? How does he serve simultaneously as source and center of material gravity? The Urantia papers not only clarify and amplify the truths made accessible by the Spirit of Truth, they also set up a frame sufficient to explain how the "Primal Ancestor of universes" is also "Final Father of personalities".

Jim wrote:
Quote:
The description implores us to "discover, recognize, interpret and choose". The first three we do by application of our minds, the last, with our will. "In science, the idea precedes the expression of its realization; in religion, the experience of realization precedes the expression of the idea. There is a vast difference between the evolutionary will-to-believe and the product of enlightened reason, religious insight, and revelation -- the will that believes", 102:3.13. It is that difference I am addressing, and poorly, but it is that difference the Fifth Epochal Revelation is here to promote. So as to your statement, [misquote], I say it is here to illuminate our future equally. I doubt you will disagree.

Indeed, I agree wholeheartedly with your excellent summary and clarification. And I am thrilled to find in you someone so keenly focused on the main game!

For some reason, my own particular and peculiar focus has become bridging the discoveries of native science and philosophy with those "necessary fundamentals" the UB reveals.

it takes all sorts,
Nigel

PostPosted:  

Nigel,

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate the gracious manner of your opposition to my method.

I am both restrained and deliberate in my apparent excess. I have realized for many years I was much like the proverbial bull in a china shop, knowing full well my expressions were seen as disruptive. Also, for years, others have repeatedly told me to stand down, to quit trying to make such a big deal of all this Urantia Book and God stuff. They repeatedly have told me to just let things be. Well my response has always been to attempt to temper my enthusiasm. That tempering is going away of late. I do what I do because for nearly 50 years now I have attempted to follow God, as completely as I can find to do. So, it is God who has fully supplied my enthusiasm coffer. I am not merely trying to be disruptive, always challenging others as I do, but my consciousness and appreciation of God’s reality are what they are and that seems to be an interference to many here on 606 even among Urantia Book readers. Nevertheless, adequately or inadequately, I share what I know, what I have experienced. I will not stop merely because others find my way discomforting. I am not the first individual driven with such a purpose to endure chastisement from the troops, loyal or otherwise.

As you have described, but in my own words, the Urantia Book reveals that the playing field of life in the 4th Epoch is hypothetically measured as X meters by X meters square. The Urantia Book reveals a hypothetical concept of the playing field of life in the 5th Epoch, as X to the X power meters by X to the X power meters. This difference is a major disruption to the consciousness cognizable by humans whether it is identified as such or not. Now, for the first time, humanity has the opportunity to realize that the dimensional end of our earthly consciousness is an order of magnitude farther away in every direction than we were previously aware, and our available sense of space and time are proportionately altered. Additionally, there are newly revealed cognitive opportunities for humankind which push our boundaries even further out. The pursuit of all this awareness is less potentially an accumulation factual knowledge and understanding and more a realization of human spiritual potential. And all of this has been suddenly offered to us without our permission. Simply put, God has changed the game and we haven’t caught up to it yet. Revelation does that. Once we come to terms with the new dimensions offered, we can begin the orderly attainment of growth, but we must accept the reality of what we have been given so we may begin.

So, while I appreciate that I perpetually challenge all on this board, sometimes annoyingly so, I am only sharing the vision God gave me of these things. I see mankind as I have said in my posts on the essays page and elsewhere. We who read the Fifth Epochal Revelation are pleased to accept the enlightenment we receive, but what a selfish pursuit that is if all we obtain from it is personal enlightenment. We must exhaust the potential it reveals as our destiny. God has challenged us to play on a field 10 times larger than we are used to and it is our responsibility to live up to his offer. Spiritual growth is not such a commonplace practice on our planet as God has designed for us. The earnest pursuit of even the knowledge of him and his universe is no less selfish if it is purely for personal gain. We have been asked to be spiritually transformed and to transform the earth in doing so. The term “spirit born mortals” is not synonymous with “Urantia Book readers”, “Bible believers”, “devout Muslims”, or adherents of any other belief system including atheists. Yes, we must offer our minds to this effort, but we mustn’t stop there. We must offer all our personal capacities; all of them, even the ones newly revealed in the Fifth Epochal Revelation. This effort will not succeed until we do. God isn’t simply trying to attain an adequate number of humans reading the pages of the Urantia Book and meeting as study groups while trying to decide to believe if this is real. God will reveal himself to each of us personally if we will so allow. To those who experience this, understanding is easy. Those who read the Urantia Book or any other book or practice, so they can attempt to understand the God first, the path is hard. God, according to Jesus and the book, must be believed to be known. Personal experience precedes proper knowledge.

This whole thing isn’t merely the addition of new information, it is a new way of living for all mankind, even if that means allowing God to expand our comfort zone in more directions and farther than we have previously been aware.

Jim

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
Nigel,

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate the gracious manner of your opposition to my method.

I am both restrained and deliberate in my apparent excess. I have realized for many years I was much like the proverbial bull in a china shop, knowing full well my expressions were seen as disruptive. Also, for years, others have repeatedly told me to stand down, to quit trying to make such a big deal of all this Urantia Book and God stuff. They repeatedly have told me to just let things be. Well my response has always been to attempt to temper my enthusiasm. That tempering is going away of late. I do what I do because for nearly 50 years now I have attempted to follow God, as completely as I can find to do. So, it is God who has fully supplied my enthusiasm coffer. I am not merely trying to be disruptive, always challenging others as I do, but my consciousness and appreciation of God’s reality are what they are and that seems to be an interference to many here on 606 even among Urantia Book readers. Nevertheless, adequately or inadequately, I share what I know, what I have experienced. I will not stop merely because others find my way discomforting. I am not the first individual driven with such a purpose to endure chastisement from the troops, loyal or otherwise.

As you have described, but in my own words, the Urantia Book reveals that the playing field of life in the 4th Epoch is hypothetically measured as X meters by X meters square. The Urantia Book reveals a hypothetical concept of the playing field of life in the 5th Epoch, as X to the X power meters by X to the X power meters. This difference is a major disruption to the consciousness cognizable by humans whether it is identified as such or not. Now, for the first time, humanity has the opportunity to realize that the dimensional end of our earthly consciousness is an order of magnitude farther away in every direction than we were previously aware, and our available sense of space and time are proportionately altered. Additionally, there are newly revealed cognitive opportunities for humankind which push our boundaries even further out. The pursuit of all this awareness is less potentially an accumulation factual knowledge and understanding and more a realization of human spiritual potential. And all of this has been suddenly offered to us without our permission. Simply put, God has changed the game and we haven’t caught up to it yet. Revelation does that. Once we come to terms with the new dimensions offered, we can begin the orderly attainment of growth, but we must accept the reality of what we have been given so we may begin.

So, while I appreciate that I perpetually challenge all on this board, sometimes annoyingly so, I am only sharing the vision God gave me of these things. I see mankind as I have said in my posts on the essays page and elsewhere. We who read the Fifth Epochal Revelation are pleased to accept the enlightenment we receive, but what a selfish pursuit that is if all we obtain from it is personal enlightenment. We must exhaust the potential it reveals as our destiny. God has challenged us to play on a field 10 times larger than we are used to and it is our responsibility to live up to his offer. Spiritual growth is not such a commonplace practice on our planet as God has designed for us. The earnest pursuit of even the knowledge of him and his universe is no less selfish if it is purely for personal gain. We have been asked to be spiritually transformed and to transform the earth in doing so. The term “spirit born mortals” is not synonymous with “Urantia Book readers”, “Bible believers”, “devout Muslims”, or adherents of any other belief system including atheists. Yes, we must offer our minds to this effort, but we mustn’t stop there. We must offer all our personal capacities; all of them, even the ones newly revealed in the Fifth Epochal Revelation. This effort will not succeed until we do. God isn’t simply trying to attain an adequate number of humans reading the pages of the Urantia Book and meeting as study groups while trying to decide to believe if this is real. God will reveal himself to each of us personally if we will so allow. To those who experience this, understanding is easy. Those who read the Urantia Book or any other book or practice, so they can attempt to understand the God first, the path is hard. God, according to Jesus and the book, must be believed to be known. Personal experience precedes proper knowledge.

This whole thing isn’t merely the addition of new information, it is a new way of living for all mankind, even if that means allowing God to expand our comfort zone in more directions and farther than we have previously been aware.

Jim

So many claims and proclamations....so little (actually ZERO) supporting text!! But plenty of contradictions to the UB. None of which, unfortunately, is relevant to the actual topic...but truly self centered and revealing of Jim's self perceived superiority and self importance (IMO).

What would we do or know without him to explain reality? At least "God's reality", presented and defined by and according to Jim...but not the Revelation.

From preacher to priest in a single post...now proclaiming his own conscienceness and appreciation of God's reality. Who needs the Revelation now? We have Jim's "visions" instead.

Anyone know the definition of hubris?

And still measuring the spiritual growth of 7 billion other souls. Good grief.

Anyone else speaking for God here?

Holy cow......

:roll:

Last edited by fanofVan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:

You're not, that's for sure.

PostPosted:  

Thanks Jim -- I appreciate the refreshing depth of perspective. (X^X) by (X^X) indeed :biggrin:

PS: Relativistically contracted (X^X) by (X^X) <==> (finite as supreme projection of absonite pre-echo) ?

PPS: to those following along, I sense nothing self-serving in Jim's reply, just zeal straining at the bit. Which makes me glad we still have the peace of this pre-public phase, in which we all have time and opportunity to develop the graciousness and gracefulness necessary to help ease many beyond the current "quivering on the brink" stage.
Quote:
"Jesus spread good cheer everywhere he went. He was full of grace and truth. His associates never ceased to wonder at the gracious words that proceeded out of his mouth. You can cultivate gracefulness, but graciousness is the aroma of friendliness which emanates from a love-saturated soul."(1874.4, 171:7.1)

When one is likewise "love-saturated", half-measures seem so... pale.

Nigel

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote "I am only sharing the vision God gave me of these things"

Jim, if I were to share all the visions "God gave me"... well, I don't know if God would back me up ha ha. Personal revelation is exactly that - - personal, and for your own edification and guidance. There are very many denominations, sects and/or cults founded on someone's personal revelations, and their growth and survival depends on the founder's personal charisma as much as the validity of their revelations. Evidently, in the larger scope this is legitimate as long as people are helped in their search for God and true spiritual answers. This is why (in my view) the 5th Epochal Revelation was given, to expand our knowledge of His creation and the administration thereof, and it is a quantum leap compared to Bible doctrine and Judeo-Christian dogma.

You may consider certain limits in the UB restrictive, and yes, you provoke protest from those who disagree with you, which is understandable. And you certainly have the right to express your opinion in this forum if the appointed moderators judge your posts to be in accordance with the rules that all are expected to follow.

But in all sincerity I feel like you have placed too much emphasis on yourself in your message, which diminishes not only the message you bring but seems to diminish the UB itself.

Am I wrong?

Last edited by pethuel on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

nnunn wrote:
Thanks Jim -- I appreciate the refreshing depth of perspective. (X^X) by (X^X) indeed :biggrin:

PS: Relativistically contracted (X^X) by (X^X) <==> (finite as supreme projection of absonite pre-echo) ?

PPS: to those following along, I sense nothing self-serving in Jim's reply, just zeal straining at the bit. Which makes me glad we still have the peace of this pre-public phase, in which we all have time and opportunity to develop the graciousness and gracefulness necessary to help ease many beyond the current "quivering on the brink" stage.
Quote:
"Jesus spread good cheer everywhere he went. He was full of grace and truth. His associates never ceased to wonder at the gracious words that proceeded out of his mouth. You can cultivate gracefulness, but graciousness is the aroma of friendliness which emanates from a love-saturated soul."(1874.4, 171:7.1)

When one is likewise "love-saturated", half-measures seem so... pale.

Nigel

Nigel...

Are you proposing that dimensional reality changed in the 20th century on Urantia? Or that personal cognition has been altered with our senses of space and time?

Has the game changed? Really?? You find Jim's post relevant to the Adjutants? Does epochal revelation alter the work of or relationship of the adjutants to evolutionary life and mind? Has Urantia suffered from a "major disruption of conscousness"?

Is spiritual growth so uncommon on Urantia as Jim endlessly claims? Can one embrace the universe reality presented in the UB and be so "self" centered as Jim claims other readers to be? How can reality awareness even be "purely for personal gain"? Is the path hard or the yoke light?

You find Jim's zeal and visions of our world and disappointments and impatience "love saturated"? I find it reeks of anxiety, judgment, and superiority myself. Just my opinion of his opinions of course.

What is this "purpose" claimed which drives Jim to proclaim his visions of God's reality and to tell us all of our failures and declares what we are to believe and do...but that he claims "is not personal"?

For if such declarations are not personal....then they are dangerous and deluded. The voice of the priesthood! TB has been hijacked as a pulpit for the demands of personal visions of one who claims conscienceness of God' reality.

So is knowledge now required for personal and planetary progress? Or is knowledge an obstacle? Hard to say in the serving of rambling claims given so far.

By the way...Jim has been using TB as a pulpit for his church a long time. He and his preaching partner Robert have been long time critics of UB organizations and students who refuse to support and join them in church building...Robert plays bad cop and Jim plays good cop in this endless attempt at evangelism. They have long accused students who are not evagelistic soul savers as having inferior spiritual lives or none at all, merely intellectualizing knowledge. Recently, for some reason, he has been emboldened to declare his visions, disappointments, impatience, and demands more frequently...and yes zealously ...despite his own claim that God told him to keep his opinions to himself...yet so many opinionated claims and so many contradictions keep coming.

Now he tells us of God's reality. Oh dear.....

:roll:

Last edited by fanofVan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:48 pm +0000, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

You're not, that's for sure.

No....indeed not.

:-# :-$ =; :!: :wink: 8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan...you write:

Quote:
By the way...Jim has been using TB as a pulpit for his church a long time. He and his preaching partner Robert have been long time critics of UB organizations and students who refuse to support and join them in church building...Robert plays bad cop and Jim plays good cop in this endless attempt at evangelism. They have long accused students who are not evagelistic soul savers as having inferior spiritual lives or none at all, merely intellectualizing knowledge. Recently, for some reason, he has been emboldened to declare his visions, disappointments, impatience, and demands more frequently...and yes zealously ...despite his own claim that God told him to keep his opinions to himself...yet so many opinionated claims and so many contradictions keep coming.

Again, you resort to personal attack here, appointing yourself as gatekeeper for this forum, publicly informing everyone of your continued personal animosity towards two other members here, assuming less-than-honorable motives for them and raising unfortunate suspicions for all other who happen to read these comments and this thread. And all of this in one paragraph. This is a blatant violation of posting rules, rules that you must know quite well by now. But you seem unable to govern yourself in this regard.

I think anyone familiar with your posts is by now well-aware of your opinions of the personalities involved here. Your repeated harping on the supposed shortcomings of others only illuminates your own.

And BTW, since when is evangelism a bad thing? And why can't thinking spiritual seekers sift the efforts of others for themselves? With these personal attacks, you completely de-value their efforts that offend (primarily) you ... effectively tainting further discussion with unwelcome animosity and inviting defensive replies instead of fruitful discussion. No one person has all the answers - not Jim, not me, and not you. We are all students here.

Again, I implore you to adhere to the rules of posting.

maryjo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next