Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:06 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Entheosis wrote:
Would be interesting to have a Urantia bot, to go through all the UB material and see what it would make of it 8)

Yes, that would be very interesting :) It should first evaluate the consistency, detail and relevance of the UB cosmology against everything that is presented in the book. Then it should do likewise but include other important books, historical and scientific accounts. Then it should do a similar evaluation of other major paradigms so that the comparative value and wisdom can determined. I've had this idea for quite some years.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Urantia Bot. What is happening is that the fourth industrial estate creates programs that "sift" through and simulate human personalities which represent the believes of a society or a religion or a culture. They are "mimicry-programes" that recreate false-dialogue based on the probability of concurrence with ideas and attitudes presented in the culture's discussion, such as in forum. Many people do not know the difference, and we have seen that this is a dangerous means of propaganda, when individuals are tricked by software-algorithms that publish the semblences of human attitudes, for instance to think that a human was publishing an original thought when it is "informational regurgitation by a computer-simulated analysis, devoid of humane oversight". Because an idea can be taken and shared piecemeal with friends and relatives whether it is beneficial or destructive in its ultimate potentials and usages. Such is the horrific power of the fourth industrial estate, with its many civil beaurocrats and volunteers.

I have seen, when placed under a higher degree of surveillance from the NSA, certain programmes inflicted upon me, such that I cannot publish ideas effectively on the internet, and that my ideas become "screened" before they are transmission, and affliction with much intimidation by persons who both stalk under pseudonyms and with simulations. In this environment, I am as a dog with a muzzle. I cannot trust that my words have any real effocacy whatsoever. However, I feel compelled to preach the ethics of these (for me) apparent actualities, before the devastating effects of "information mismanagement" are actually accounted for by society.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Urantia Bot. What is happening is that the fourth industrial estate creates programs that "sift" through and simulate human personalities which represent the believes of a society or a religion or a culture. They are "mimicry-programes" that recreate false-dialogue based on the probability of concurrence with ideas and attitudes presented in the culture's discussion, such as in forum. Many people do not know the difference, and we have seen that this is a dangerous means of propaganda, when individuals are tricked by software-algorithms that publish the semblences of human attitudes, for instance to think that a human was publishing an original thought when it is "informational regurgitation by a computer-simulated analysis, devoid of humane oversight". Because an idea can be taken and shared piecemeal with friends and relatives whether it is beneficial or destructive in its ultimate potentials and usages. Such is the horrific power of the fourth industrial estate, with its many civil beaurocrats and volunteers.

I have seen, when placed under a higher degree of surveillance from the NSA, certain programmes inflicted upon me, such that I cannot publish ideas effectively on the internet, and that my ideas become "screened" before they are transmission, and affliction with much intimidation by persons who both stalk under pseudonyms and with simulations. In this environment, I am as a dog with a muzzle. I cannot trust that my words have any real effocacy whatsoever. However, I feel compelled to preach the ethics of these (for me) apparent actualities, before the devastating effects of "information mismanagement" are actually accounted for by society.

???????? You are under NSA surveillance? Hmmmmm...

How is this topical?

PostPosted:  

There is also the aspect of generating works of art or literature. Machine Learning algorithms are starting to get good at identifying patterns and characteristics of musical pieces and literature. There are musicians using them to help compose "hits". Novels will probably come soon. TUB is super rife with inspiring ideas and ideals that can be borrowed, adapted and embellished in novels, stories, TV series and films. And why not? I'd love to see a Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones style rendering of any events described by the revelators (whether accurate or not).

PostPosted:  

Exactly, Riktare. If the simulation mimics human behaviours, it could pool better sources of information than what populace is given, to promote the political agendas of other individuals. These programmes are designed often enough to trick humans into "falsely believing that are having the human interaction", when in actuality the response inputs of users are qualified as to certain criteria that the programmers use to update the "personality simulation software" i.e. mimicry programmes. Successes on the part of individuals or political groups with these computers, giving names to the programme they have designed, lead the populace into false-belief of "Artificial Intelligence". The very fact that programmes such as these do circulate the internet means that many cultures are vulnerable to the influence of "political suggestion via robotic simulation", an issue of the fourth industrial estate that many states have not addressed properly in order to protect "the cultures of the home life".

PostPosted:  

There is indeed a great veil of secrecy, and indeed a separate language, ruled by LOGOS (the IF ... THEN ... ELSEIF ... THEN ... ELSE ... algorithm), and formulated into the functionality of human integrated machinery. If you can "speak this language", you can orchestrate the manufactories of the fourth industrial estate. You can bypass flimsy firewall and gateware programmes of other corporation. People who create the simulation of human interactions use "this language" of computer code to device strategem for the processing of internal software. They have other people who pour through the information gathered, statistically speaking from the informational-arrays generated by user output or "feedback". This is known as "Data Collection". The universal language that is developing on Urantia is not English nor Chinese, but those who can read the internal dialogue that their computers have, in this new environment where federal states have the authority of all output.

Such a language strengthens my own ability to evaluate the YES/NO concrete TRUTH VALUES of FACTS, but I also know a much higher degree of relative information about the quality of fact than "the machine", and even a high knowledge on this issue as a civil beaurocrat. Nevertheless, a language more grounded in logic is bound to usurp the better mores of other languages.

PostPosted:  

Like every technology and tool since the first stick and stone....especially the first stick with stone!!…..tools and technology are amoral - that is without morals or morality. It is not evil nor sinful nor iniquitous...nor righteous. It merely is.

The applications of tools and technologies have always run the full spectrum of human potential...and always with unintended consequences, twists, turns, and continuous adaptations and adjustments to the tools and to human usage.

Here's a link to a very good introductory article on the "Fourth Industrial Revolution" which Stephen has introduced above:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/01/ ... o-respond/

The person who coined it in its most relevant sense was Professor Klaus Schwab, the founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum, using it as the title of a 2016 book. Due to the high-tech nature of this age, it has also been referred to as Industry 4.0 or as Stephen has renamed it..."the fourth industrial estate".

Lots of great reading with a simple google search!

The potentials for propulsion through the Planetary Mortal Epochs are endless and amazing. The potentials for human frailties and abuse are also great...as pointed out. AI is one element of this new dimension of progress. So are robotics. So is mass communication and education and total access to all human knowledge universally!!!

This new industrial revolution will democratize many aspects of human life. It will also make stratification even more definitive in some ways. Frankly, it is unpredictable. So many unknown outcomes and consequences of outcomes.

But one thing the Papers are clear on - AI will never be "life" and neither will robots or robots with AI, no matter how advanced scientifically or how well it comes to mimic life and mind. For the universe is NOT mechanistic in origin or function or purpose. That which is human designed and constructed or machine designed and constructed will never be endowed or bestowed with the life spark, or mind, or personality, or spirit....not going to happen...or so we are taught.

The main thing to know I think about scientific and technical and mechanical progress is its simple inevitability. It is the result of the scientific method which is humanity's relentless pursuit of understanding reality and manipulating our material world. We will be saved by it and progress by it and we will suffer for it. We are taught that as progress comes so does the rate of progress accelerate and such fast changes make personal religious truth and experience and wisdom ever more helpful to each of us and to all of us.

99:1.3 (1086.6) Urantia society can never hope to settle down as in past ages. The social ship has steamed out of the sheltered bays of established tradition and has begun its cruise upon the high seas of evolutionary destiny; and the soul of man, as never before in the world’s history, needs carefully to scrutinize its charts of morality and painstakingly to observe the compass of religious guidance. The paramount mission of religion as a social influence is to stabilize the ideals of mankind during these dangerous times of transition from one phase of civilization to another, from one level of culture to another.

8)