Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:12 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
From the Truthbook website:

Quote:
But no matter whether a person dies through accident, illness, old-age, or suicide, their fate is exactly the same.

Please provide a quote from the Urantia Book that supports this ridiculous claim.

Hello Nod,
I am not the author of that FAQ answer; but I think the author perhaps intends to express that their fate is exactly the same with regard to waking up (perhaps after spending time as a Sleeping Survivor, perhaps not) on Mansion World #1 - but not in the larger sense of *everything* that happens to them thereafter. I shared it as a means of illustrating the fact that there are many opinions about things we read in the Urantia Book. I certainly did not intend to imply that the FAQ answer on the Truthbook site is proven fact/ unquestionable truth. Just thought I'd share …. perhaps a more compassionate …. perspective on the issue of suicide and the afterlife.

All that said, I think that if I had the time right now (I don't), I could probably dig out a series of quotes supporting that compassionate view. I cannot; but I do recall from my reading of TUB that *everyone* goes to mansion world #1, sooner or later depending if they need to sleep until the next dispensation, first. The conscious/ informed/ intentional decision as to whether or not to pursue the ascension career comes later - upon reaching Jerusem, I think. I could be wrong. I don't have time right now to hand all that to you - perhaps if you are so motivated you can do the research on your own.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I'm looking forward to Enno/nod explaining what is "ridiculous" and what the form of mortal death has anything at all to do with survival or short or long term outcomes!!??

Please explain yourself nod.....

:roll:

Last edited by fanofVan on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:20 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
(1:4.3) When you are through down here, when your course has been run in temporary form on earth, when your trial trip in the flesh is finished, when the dust that composes the mortal tabernacle "returns to the earth whence it came"; then, it is revealed, the indwelling "Spirit shall return to God who gave it." There sojourns within each moral being of this planet a fragment of God, a part and parcel of divinity. It is not yet yours by right of possession, but it is designedly intended to be one with you if you survive the mortal existence.

(109:3.4) On worlds such as Urantia (the series three group) there is a real betrothal with the divine gifts, a life and death engagement. If you survive, there is to be an eternal union, an everlasting fusion, the making of man and Adjuster one being.

(110:4.4) Trust all matters of mind beyond the dead level of consciousness to the custody of the Adjusters. In due time, if not in this world then on the mansion worlds, they will give good account of their stewardship, and eventually will they bring forth those meanings and values intrusted to their care and keeping. They will resurrect every worthy treasure of the mortal mind if you survive.

Of course be compassionate. The circumstances of this life are extremely difficult. There are many pits to avoid falling into.

But to dismiss the scurrilous lies of the Lucifer Manifesto that if not for the interference of the Ancients of Days, everyone would survive to the Mansion Worlds, plays right into the greatest lie of all at the heart of Lucifer's claim, that "it doesn't matter" that "go ahead and do whatever you want" because you'll survive anyway. While he clearly references that the Ancients of Days will not allow this sometimes.

Can't you see how great a falsehood this is?

Last edited by nodAmanaV on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:04 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Okay, I couldn't resist and I spent about 10 minutes researching to understand the point at which mortals make the irrecovable decision about continuing on in their ascension career. Try these on for size.

Quote:
112:7.3 (1237.5) Fusion with the Adjuster is usually effected while the ascender is resident within his local system. It may occur on the planet of nativity as a transcendence of natural death; it may take place on any one of the mansion worlds or on the headquarters of the system; it may even be delayed until the time of the constellation sojourn; or, in special instances, it may not be consummated until the ascender is on the local universe capital.

112:7.4 (1237.6) When fusion with the Adjuster has been effected, there can be no future danger to the eternal career of such a personality. Celestial beings are tested throughout a long experience, but mortals pass through a relatively short and intensive testing on the evolutionary and morontia worlds.

112:7.5 (1237.7) Fusion with the Adjuster never occurs until the mandates of the superuniverse have pronounced that the human nature has made a final and irrevocable choice for the eternal career. This is the at-onement authorization, which, when issued, constitutes the clearance authority for the fused personality eventually to leave the confines of the local universe to proceed sometime to the headquarters of the superuniverse, from which point the pilgrim of time will, in the distant future, enseconaphim for the long flight to the central universe of Havona and the Deity adventure.

So, to sum up:
1) Fusion with the Adjuster can occur here on Urantia, or while on any of the Mansion worlds in the local system, or at the constellation or even local universe capital stage of post-mortal death morontia life.

2) Once that fusion occurs, regardless of which stage it happens, the eternal career as assured.

3) Fusion never occurs until after the mortal has made a final and irrecovable choice for the eternal career.

So, essentially, mortals are eligible to make their conscious decision to continue their eternal existence all throughout the Mansion Worlds and beyond. If a person departed Urantia as a result of suicide, I imagine they would spend more time on Mansion World #1, which is designed for deficiency remediation. Their mental health issues will be addressed and their spiritual will and joy will be restored.

PostPosted:  

But what if you don't survive?

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
But what if you don't survive?

Not surviving is a CHOICE. So yes, there could be people who die by suicide who either before that event or afterward CHOOSE not to pursue an ascension career. They have free will to make that choice, same as people who die by being hit by a bus. We all are given the opportunity to make the choice for ourselves.

PostPosted:  

Neither murder nor suicide is a final decision against survival. BS!!

:roll: Another nodism! Another false one.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
(112:5.9) This does not mean that human beings are to enjoy a second opportunity in the face of the rejection of a first, not at all. But it does signify that all will creatures are to experience one true opportunity to make one undoubted, self-conscious, and final choice. The sovereign Judges of the universes will not deprive any being of personality status who has not finally and fully made the eternal choice; the soul of man must and will be given full and ample opportunity to reveal its true intent and real purpose.

We don't have anyway of knowing when or if a person makes a final decision to advance into the ascension career. But the Urantia Book makes it clear that some do not survive to the next world.

Whether or not this involves suicide is another thing no one can know of another person. In my opinion, it's certainly possible that suicide could be committed without a final decision having been made.

As well that spiritual suicide could possibly be committed by making that final decision and still live to old age, to the end of the mortal life. Without being ressurected.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:

We don't have anyway of knowing when or if a person makes a final decision to advance into the ascension career. But the Urantia Book makes it clear that some do not survive to the next world.

I'll have to ask you to clarify what you mean when you say "the next world". But yes, it is possible to reject survival while still mortal but I'm pretty sure that is an extremely rare and unusual thing.

Quote:
Whether or not this involves suicide is another thing no one can know of another person. In my opinion, it's certainly possible that suicide could be committed without a final decision having been made.

I agree; in fact, I'd go so far as to say it would be the most likely thing to occur. I think it is a rare thing that a mortal being, still living on a material planet, would possess sufficient knowledge and spiritual maturity to make the irrevocable decision for or against eternal survival.

Quote:
As well that spiritual suicide could possibly be committed by making that final decision and still live to old age, to the end of the mortal life. Without being ressurected.

Yep. Again, it would be a rare thing, but it is possible (if I understand TUB correctly).

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Yikes, but ok.

I made an error by misstating "mind" and instead of what the Urantia Paper actually stated "human personality".

:? This topic may be an example of when a person attempts to use religious theory to fit one's personal interpretation. I will go through the list you made me again. It is indeed shameful to misstate the actual pronouncements or essence of UB.

I acted combatively or retortfully. And this is what paved the way for my own ignorance to become stretched by the desire to prove my theory. That is probably easy to observe.

This is why posting actual text for mutual consideration and context for our "interpretations" is so important! I am a little confused by your second sentence however....actually, you are using your own theory to fit your own interpretation. You are not and have not used the UB...but you have missused and abused the UB. As I said, you are merely lifting terms and concepts that already are well defined and then redifining them to suit your own purposes (theories and interpretations) which results only in distortions and falsehoods....and yet presented as facts from the authors....a most disengenuous and illogical deconstruction and falsification of the UB.

I am glad you agree that "It is indeed shameful to misstate the actual pronouncements or essence of UB."

I would submit the shamefulness is in the doing so intentionally....rather than inadvertantly or by simple misunderstanding. The problem here lies in the fact that your errors have been pointed out....over and over again....including actual text to confirm your misstatements and misrepresentations....so the topic here demonstrates an intentional (not unintentional) and repetitive use of distortions and falsification on your part....until now perhaps?!

I too "acted combatively or retortfully." My apologies to you for my own impatience and belligerence. I'll try to remain calm. But I will also remain vigilant and persistent...hahahaha!

MaryJo asks: "Are we only to see the "letter of the text...?" Is there no wiggle room here that can be tolerated? Especially if the flavor of the interpretation results in spiritual growth or insight...rather than deliberate condemnation of the text or the teachings?"

I think it is indeed shameful to misrepresent the contents of the UB on purpose and with motive and an agenda and with stubbornness and repetition when confronted with the offence. Such abuse results in a "deliberate condemnation of the text or the teachings"...it is a perversion of the teachings and the articulation and perpetuation of falsehood....at a study group site designed to share and to learn the ACTUAL contents and teachings of the UB.

There is a reason why the authors are so redundant and generous in their factual presentations. The UB is a textbook of fact. A factual presentation by knowledgable sources about universe reality and personalities and history and relationships....given us for the purpose of reducing confusions and eliminating errors. One plus one does not equal three. HO2 is not water. Facts are facts. Their distortion and falsification cannot lead to any good results by anyone or any definition IMO.

This is the point and purpose of Epochal Revelation. It would be an error to "wiggle" so much as to change the contents and to do so intentionally I think. The distortion of facts and the embrace of falsehoods cannot result in "spiritual growth or insight" I do not think. Of course, neither can or does belligerence result in that either (I refer to myself and my own). How many falsehoods must one declare to question the sincerity, intent, motive, and agenda of a poster I wonder? 5? 15? More? For it has been more than 15 here...so far!!

SEla, I really appreciate this self awareness and objectivity: "And this is what paved the way for my own ignorance to become stretched by the desire to prove my theory. That is probably easy to observe."

Easier to observe from the objective rather than the subjective perspective, no doubt. Few conclusions based on false premises will result in any logical, rational, and objective function or reliability. The UB provides far more than theoretical constructs of possible realities...it claims to provide a knowledgable and reliable and detailed description of reality to help us become less confused and to eliminate such errors of thinking as usually result in our mortal "theories" and reality "constructs" and beliefs. Why not just believe the realilty presented?

Too many students are far too in love with their own opinions and beliefs and they come to the text not to learn but to confirm their own misconceptions and preconceptions. It is a common human trait....and weakness....of ignorance and prejudice....the chief inhibitors of growth!!

And if one does NOT believe the reality presented in the UB.....they why in the world would one be so illogical and irrational as to use the terms and concepts IN the UB for one's own personally constructed theories? Makes no sense to me.

You acknowledge above: "I made an error by misstating "mind" and instead of what the Urantia Paper actually stated "human personality"."

This is a good example where actually posting the text might help reduce errors of memory and recall and related misrepresentations....whether purposeful or unintentional. There is a profound difference between the nucleus of mind and that of personality. Consider the source of mind and that of personality. Your miscue actually dismembers the relationship of the TA and the human mind and our free will and personalized experience and expression of our life. Interestingly, it also refutes one of your own mistaken theory concepts where you claimed the TA resides in the solar plexus....nope. Resides and works in-mind, the super consciousness as I recall, and is the nucleus of mortal personality (not all personality however). The details and nuances ARE important to anyone who sincerely wishes to learn about and understand universe realities.

Again....I would be happy to study any and all of the concepts and terms from the UB you have listed to better learn how the universe actually works and how we grow in the Spirit for our own eternal adventures!

Thanks so much for the post above...I look forward to further studies!

Bradly 8)

PostPosted:  

"If you survive" does seem to be the all-important phrase regarding the eternal career, doesn't it?

Aren't we told that to survive, a mortal must transfer his or her identity to super-material reality? That process is life long for most of us. But certainly some major occurrence or decision can destroy that process of transference? The self can destroy itself and the revelators clearly tell us that. I don't mean to imply that every instance of suicide is an example of self destruction, but rather that in many cases it factually may be so.

Remember too that on the mansion worlds where resurrection is taking place an angel calls the name of a resurrection candidate. If the candidate is not to survive the adjuster does not answer.

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
"If you survive" does seem to be the all-important phrase regarding the eternal career, doesn't it?

Aren't we told that to survive, a mortal must transfer his or her identity to super-material reality? That process is life long for most of us. But certainly some major occurrence or decision can destroy that process of transference? The self can destroy itself and the revelators clearly tell us that. I don't mean to imply that every instance of suicide is an example of self destruction, but rather that in many cases it factually may be so.

Remember too that on the mansion worlds where resurrection is taking place an angel calls the name of a resurrection candidate. If the candidate is not to survive the adjuster does not answer.

"Aren't we told that to survive, a mortal must transfer his or her identity to super-material reality?"

No Riktare...we are not told that. Again....students....please do your research and quote and post text for such statements....or be prepared to!! It does not say this anywhere in the UB. It does say that we must transfer the seat of our identity and complete the 7 psychic circles of spiritual progress to FUSE with the Thought Adjuster. It also says that the transfer of identity and circle progress begins with the birth of soul and that only a "flicker" of faith will suffice for survival. Can one have a soul without a flicker?

Did you know that the soul, once born, has a mind and volition of its own? Or that the soul can actually grow in its relationship with the TA without the mortal minds consciousness of that growth? That circle progress can be made prior to our conscious and intentional volition? That children and primitives grow soul without knowledge or conscious embrace of the Spirit? Faith ministry and survival assurance begins very early in life and upon the birth of soul, then comes the Father's Spirit giving us personal revelation and truth assurance...making us hunger and feeding us - both.

Only later do we learn distraction and obsession and objectification and the material pursuits in life which might overwhelm our spiritization ministers and ministry. We begin to make choices that are materially identified and self serving and gratifying. We must learn how to balance these two natures. Some never do a very good job of cognitively choosing the spirit identity and their inner light dims somewhat (or a lot), sometimes down to the "flicker" of the soul and light within.

The mortal mind is designed and hard wired and formatted for the religious experience. We simply cannot prevent the Spirit ministry...or not early and not without great effort! We are connected to the Holy Spirit and the Adjutants at birth. Once the TA comes to us upon the birth of soul, then also comes the ministry of the yearn....the hunger and the thirst....the needs to know, to learn, to grow, to seek happiness, to seek God, to know the I AM, to BE, and to BECOME. This is built in...not something learned or acquired. Have you read about the nature of children? Fascinating.

It is also very true that we should and need to cognitively and purposefully and willingly choose the spirit led life....to be born again. The soul is born but not by our conscious embrace of spirit. We must also choose that inner nature as our guide and embrace this reality and truth to fully engage our whole being in spiritization and circle progress. We should not be idle or lazy or content in our material natures and pursuits. If we are then we are ignoring the spirits within and we are wasting time and increasing our suffering and risking our potential.

But can we actually knowingly choose to end our eternal potential in this brief life in the ignorance, fear, doubts, confusion, and darkness we endure here?? The UB says DEFINITELY NOT!!!! None of those things can terminate a mortal's career. Not evil or sin....and evidently not even the iniquity of Lucifer, Satan, and Caligastia has so far been sufficient to terminate the mercy credits. But you think mortal suicide does? Please support such a claim by the text somewhere.

Your mistaken proposition here is common enough - but there are very distinct and profound difference between that which is required for fusion and that which is required for survival! If they were the same, then what is the point of the Mansion Worlds? Or the roll call? It would be fuse or perish wouldn't it? There are many, including UB readers, who mistakenly believe this myth...a carryover from Christianity's creeds and doctrines that specific things must be believed, professed, and acted out to survive - one must be "saved" to go to heaven and avoid damnation, obliteration, or even eternal suffering.

The UB teaches nothing like this at all. It teaches mercy and time and patience and love and forgiveness and understanding or our immaturities and animal vestiges and lack of corporeal examples (here but many worlds and all worlds early in the mortal epochs). It teaches the very purpose of the mansion worlds is to allow sufficient time and example and education for the children of time to transfer the seat of identity and make our circle progress and fuse with the Spirit to assure our ascension and eternal adventure!

Riktare says above: "I don't mean to imply that every instance of suicide is an example of self destruction, but rather that in many cases it factually may be so."

Your implications are clear enough. But your beliefs are faulty....according to the UB. It is unlikely that ANY suicide is an example of self destruction....as clearly defined in the UB. It is a self chosen end to physical or other mental and emotional and material suffering. Not only is it not a rejection of survival and/or God but it is far more often a hopeful escape from suffering and the very embrace of God and eternal bliss and relief. In many cultures over history, it is a formal and even ceremonial embrace of the eternal adventure, a matter of honor and expression of faith!!

And are we to think that those who end their own life have not made circle progress? That this moment of capitulation and despair somehow defines a life or destroys its eternal potential? Really??!! Who says so? Who thinks like this?? Not the authors of the UB, that's for sure. What do you or nod know of suicide anyway? Little and only of the local and recent sort mostly driven by despair. Does despair doom the soul? Where is that written?

We should all hesitate to take over someone's topic with such tangents....unless we can make them relevant to the topic. Otherwise it is rude and counterproductive. To the degree that we continue to discuss the TA's relationship to mind (a very big topic) and the fruits of the Spirit (another big topic), both introduced by SEla within this topic, then I support this tangent topic. But if "suicide" IS the topic of primary interest for anyone, please start another so titled thread....thank you.

155:6.17 Now, mistake not, my Father will ever respond to the faintest flicker of faith. He takes note of the physical and superstitious emotions of the primitive man......

40:5.19 As to the chances of mortal survival, let it be made forever clear: All souls of every possible phase of mortal existence will survive provided they manifest willingness to co-operate with their indwelling Adjusters and exhibit a desire to find God and to attain divine perfection, even though these desires be but the first faint flickers of the primitive comprehension of that “true light which lights every man who comes into the world.”

Perhaps it would be interesting to consider the soul's connection to the Divine Spirits within and its cooperation potential regardless of the mind's volitional cognition. The fact is we cannot discern our own spiritual progress within...are we then so keen to judge and determine the progress and status and worthiness of others....nod? Always so judgmental and so certain in your judgments of others.

8)

PostPosted:  

Bradly, what do you think "if you survive" means? (1:4.3) (109:3.4) (110:4.4)

Please quote the text where the Urantia Book contradicts itself and says unequivocally, no matter what, everyone survives.

Quote:
(111:1.3) Material [MORTAL] mind is the arena in which human personalities live, are self-conscious, make decisions, choose God or forsake him, eternalize or destroy themselves.

Bradly, what's behind you more than tacitly suggesting that it's alright to commit suicide?

PostPosted:  

nod...I think those quotes and that phrasing means that not all who are born do survive but more importantly I think the intended meaning is that those who experience truth and have knowledge, that we should not presume upon the Divine mercy with knowing disloyalty to spirit and disobedience to conscience and abandonment of ideals or procrastination and materialistic willful stubbornness....there is risk in any knowing and conscious rejection of the Spirit within.

The UB does not say that "everyone" survives. Indeed and evidently, not everyone survives who survives...consider Lucifer, Satan, and Caligastia….not all who go to the Mansion Worlds also fuse and embrace the eternal adventure I do not think. And not all celestials survive either or not inherently. Still are the standards far different between going TO the Manson Worlds and DEPARTING them. There is fairness, mercy, circumstances, and time to consider!

Neither does it say few survive or those who commit suicide do not survive. Indeed, it does not specify who does not nor specifically why not. But it does describe the mercy credits, the flicker, the purpose of the Mansion Worlds, the fact of the faith connection and ministry of truth to each mind, and the reality of the soul and how common is its birth upon our world today, and God's personal affection and understanding and patience with every single child of time, and that even the most iniquitous of all beings still enjoy time, patience, love, and mercy ministry!!

We are also taught how fair the friendly universe is. Do you think it would be friendly or fair if those on such a world and of such a time without corporeal example, certain knowledge, and full ability to fully and finally and willingly and consciously to deny and reject universe reality were then summarily terminated? Do you think this is God's plan and purpose and way? What a dark perspective. Such anxiety. Is this what you think the UB teaches us?

In many ways we are but children and merely childish and foolish in our childishness....and ignorance. Does a loving parent choose termination and death for their children because they are children? Or are children protected from their youthful immaturities and errors to have sufficient time to grow up and learn how to choose better....and why? Jesus said humans are not inherently evil or sinful and that God loves us and cherishes us and forgives us and seeks us out and whispers gently to us. Or so I understand both the Jesusonian Gospel and the UB to teach.

Consider:

28:6.2 (314.1) 1. The Significance of Origins. The ascendant Trinitized Sons of a superuniverse government are charged with the responsibility of dealing with all issues growing out of the origin of any individual, race, or world; and the significance of origin is the paramount question in all our plans for the cosmic advancement of the living creatures of the realm. All relationships and the application of ethics grow out of the fundamental facts of origin. Origin is the basis of the relational reaction of the Gods. Always does the Conjoint Actor “take note of the man, in what manner he was born.”

28:6.3 (314.2) With the higher descendant beings, origin is simply a fact to be ascertained; but with the ascending beings, including the lower orders of angels, the nature and circumstances of origin are not always so clear, though of equally vital importance at almost every turn of universe affairs—hence the value of having at our disposal a series of reflective seconaphim who can instantly portray anything required respecting the genesis of any being in either the central universe or throughout the entire realm of a superuniverse.

28:6.4 (314.3) The Significances of Origins are the living ready-reference genealogies of the vast hosts of beings—men, angels, and others—who inhabit the seven superuniverses. They are always ready to supply their superiors with an up-to-date, replete, and trustworthy estimate of the ancestral factors and the current actual status of any individual on any world of their respective superuniverses; and their computation of possessed facts is always up to the minute. *

28:6.5 (314.4) 2. The Memory of Mercy. These are the actual, full and replete, living records of the mercy which has been extended to individuals and races by the tender ministrations of the instrumentalities of the Infinite Spirit in the mission of adapting the justice of righteousness to the status of the realms, as disclosed by the portrayals of the Significance of Origins. The Memory of Mercy discloses the moral debt of the children of mercy—their spiritual liabilities—to be set down against their assets of the saving provision established by the Sons of God. In revealing the Father’s pre-existent mercy, the Sons of God establish the necessary credit to insure the survival of all. And then, in accordance with the findings of the Significance of Origins, a mercy credit is established for the survival of each rational creature, a credit of lavish proportions and one of sufficient grace to insure the survival of every soul who really desires divine citizenship.

28:6.6 (314.5) The Memory of Mercy is a living trial balance, a current statement of your account with the supernatural forces of the realms. These are the living records of mercy ministration which are read into the testimony of the courts of Uversa when each individual’s right to unending life comes up for adjudication, when “thrones are cast up and the Ancients of Days are seated. The broadcasts of Uversa issue and come forth from before them; thousands upon thousands minister to them, and ten thousand times ten thousand stand before them. The judgment is set, and the books are opened.” And the books which are opened on such a momentous occasion are the living records of the tertiary seconaphim of the superuniverses. The formal records are on file to corroborate the testimony of the Memories of Mercy if they are required.

28:6.7 (314.6) The Memory of Mercy must show that the saving credit established by the Sons of God has been fully and faithfully paid out in the loving ministry of the patient personalities of the Third Source and Center. But when mercy is exhausted, when the “memory” thereof testifies to its depletion, then does justice prevail and righteousness decree. For mercy is not to be thrust upon those who despise it; mercy is not a gift to be trampled under foot by the persistent rebels of time. Nevertheless, though mercy is thus precious and dearly bestowed, your individual drawing credits are always far in excess of your ability to exhaust the reserve if you are sincere of purpose and honest of heart.

28:6.8 (315.1) The mercy reflectors, with their tertiary associates, engage in numerous superuniverse ministries, including the teaching of the ascending creatures. Among many other things the Significances of Origins teach these ascenders how to apply spirit ethics, and following such training, the Memories of Mercy teach them how to be truly merciful. While the spirit techniques of mercy ministry are beyond your concept, you should even now understand that mercy is a quality of growth. You should realize that there is a great reward of personal satisfaction in being first just, next fair, then patient, then kind. And then, on that foundation, if you choose and have it in your heart, you can take the next step and really show mercy; but you cannot exhibit mercy in and of itself. These steps must be traversed; otherwise there can be no genuine mercy. There may be patronage, condescension, or charity—even pity—but not mercy. True mercy comes only as the beautiful climax to these preceding adjuncts to group understanding, mutual appreciation, fraternal fellowship, spiritual communion, and divine harmony. *

28:6.9 (315.2) 3. The Import of Time. Time is the one universal endowment of all will creatures; it is the “one talent” intrusted to all intelligent beings. You all have time in which to insure your survival; and time is fatally squandered only when it is buried in neglect, when you fail so to utilize it as to make certain the survival of your soul. Failure to improve one’s time to the fullest extent possible does not impose fatal penalties; it merely retards the pilgrim of time in his journey of ascent. If survival is gained, all other losses can be retrieved.

28:6.10 (315.3) In the assignment of trusts the counsel of the Imports of Time is invaluable. Time is a vital factor in everything this side of Havona and Paradise. In the final judgment before the Ancients of Days, time is an element of evidence. The Imports of Time must always afford testimony to show that every defendant has had ample time for making decisions, achieving choice.

8)

PostPosted:  

I'm not Bradly, but in my reading of TUB, I read it as "If you [choose to] survive". Survival is always a choice. No one is prevented from pursuing the ascension career except by their own conscious, informed choosing. The mercy credits are available for anyone who makes mistakes in their mortal life, recognizes and experiences sincere desire to do God's will anytime between Mansion World #1 and reaching Jerusem. I have already provided the TUB quotes that explain this.

The choice to pursue eternal life CAN take place during mortal life on Urantia, but it is not REQUIRED to; that choice can (and I surmise most often does) occur after mortal death.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next