Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:30 pm +0000
Posts: 304
12:4.7 Space is, from the human viewpoint, nothing—negative; it exists only as related to something positive and nonspatial. Space is, however, real. It contains and conditions motion. It even moves. Space motions may be roughly classified as follows:
1. Primary motion—space respiration, the motion of space itself.
2. Secondary motion—the alternate directional swings of the successive space levels.
3. Relative motions—relative in the sense that they are not evaluated with Paradise as a base point. Primary and secondary motions are absolute, motion in relation to unmoving Paradise.
Compensatory or correlating movement designed to co-ordinate all other motions.


12:4.12 The present relationship of your sun and its associated planets, while disclosing many relative and absolute motions in space, tends to convey the impression to astronomic observers that you are comparatively stationary in space, and that the surrounding starry clusters and streams are engaged in outward flight at ever-increasing velocities as your calculations proceed outward in space. But such is not the case. You fail to recognize the present outward and uniform expansion of the physical creations of all pervaded space. Your own local creation (Nebadon) participates in this movement of universal outward expansion. The entire seven superuniverses participate in the two-billion-year cycles of space respiration along with the outer regions of the master universe.

12:1.1 The universe of universes is not an infinite plane, a boundless cube, nor a limitless circle; it certainly has dimensions. The laws of physical organization and administration prove conclusively that the whole vast aggregation of force-energy and matter- power functions ultimately as a space unit, as an organized and co-ordinated whole.

42:3.1 Matter in all universes, excepting in the central universe, is identical. Matter in its physical properties depends on the revolutionary rates of its component members, the number and size of the revolving members, their distance from the nuclear body or the space content of matter, as well as on the presence of certain forces as yet undiscovered on Urantia.

42:1.2 Matter—energy—for they are but diverse manifestations of the same cosmic reality, as a universe phenomenon is inherent in the Universal Father. “In him all things consist.” Matter may appear to manifest inherent energy and to exhibit self-contained powers, but the lines of gravity involved in the energies concerned in all these physical phenomena are derived from, and are dependent on, Paradise, The ultimaton, the first measurable form of energy, has Paradise as its nucleus.

21:2.12   ... lines of power to incarnate as the children of time; still their realms whirl on about their respective centers. No material organization is independent of the absolute-gravity grasp of Paradise or of the cosmic overcontrol inherent in the space presence...

41:4.2 Gaseous, liquid, and solid states are matters of atomic-molecular relationships, but density is a relationship of space and mass. Density varies directly with the quantity of mass in space and inversely with the amount of space in mass, the space between the central cores of matter and the particles which whirl around these centers as well as the space within such material particles.

57:2.3 700,000,000,000 years ago the Andronover system was assuming gigantic proportions, and additional physical controllers were dispatched to nine surrounding material creations to afford support and supply co-operation to the power centers of this new material system which was so rapidly evolving. At this distant date all of the material bequeathed to the subsequent creations was held within the confines of this gigantic space wheel, which continued ever to whirl and, after reaching its maximum of diameter, to whirl faster and faster as it continued to condense and contract.

58:2.7 Auroral phenomena are directly related to sunspots, those solar cyclones which whirl in opposite directions above and below the solar equator, even as do the terrestrial tropical hurricanes. Such atmospheric disturbances whirl in opposite directions when occurring above or below the equator.

104:4.9 The Second Triunity—the power-pattern triunity. Whether it be a tiny ultimaton, a blazing star, or a whirling nebula, even the central or superuniverses, from the smallest to the largest material organizations, always is the physical pattern—the cosmic configuration—derived from the function of this triunity. This association consists of:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:30 pm +0000
Posts: 304
fanofVan wrote:
It's also unfortunate that he continues to contradict, even defy, the UB. This is about the fifth time toto, loucol, Manny, JohnnyBones, Louis, et al, etc., etc. has claimed...."I may misunderstand many things said in TUB, however, I agree that TUB describes that Paradise does not exist anywhere because it is outside of space, but is everywhere."



11:2.10 It appears to us that the First Source and Center has concentrated all absolute potential for cosmic reality in Paradise as a part of his technique of self- liberation from infinity limitations, as a means of making possible subinfinite, even time-space, creation. But it does not follow that Paradise is time-space limited just because the universe of universes discloses these qualities. Paradise exists without time and has no location in space.


Perhaps you can understand better if I said that Paradise does not exist anywhere in space because it has no location in space. And that Paradise is everywhere because it exists at the focus of space, all space. This means at every point of space.


  118:3.1 ...Only by ubiquity could Deity unify time-space manifestations to the finite conception, for time is a succession of instants while space is a system of associated points .


fanofVan wrote:
The rest of this Paper certainly continues its description of Paradise as a material and spatial location and that it is a matter of fact that it does not exist anywhere else in all the universe of universes and certainly not at the center of all matter everywhere. toto's pet theories regarding the concentric circles and spirals and time and Paradise as the material atomic nucleus are found only in his imagination....and also in every single topic ever posted here evidently as he invades each topic to insert and assert his own beliefs and theoretical constructs....no matter their deficiencies and absurdaties!!


What do you mean by "spatial location" in your statement above? TUB quote I provided clearly and unambiguously states that Paradise has no location in space.

And why would you say that Paradise "does not exist anywhere else" when it can simultaneously exist at the center of the Ultimaton.


toto wrote:
42:1.2 Matter—energy—for they are but diverse manifestations of the same cosmic reality, as a universe phenomenon is inherent in the Universal Father. “In him all things consist.” Matter may appear to manifest inherent energy and to exhibit self-contained powers, but the lines of gravity involved in the energies concerned in all these physical phenomena are derived from, and are dependent on, Paradise, The ultimaton, the first measurable form of energy, has Paradise as its nucleus.


Why would you say that Paradise does "not exist at the center of all matter everywhere" in your statement above?


0:5.5 The Universal Father is the secret of the reality of personality, the bestowal of personality, and the destiny of personality. The Eternal Son is the absolute personality, the secret of spiritual energy, morontia spirits, and perfected spirits. The Conjoint Actor is the spirit-mind personality, the source of intelligence, reason, and the universal mind. But the Isle of Paradise is nonpersonal and extraspiritual, being the essence of the universal body, the source and center of physical matter, and the absolute master pattern of universal material reality.


As Paradise exists as the focus of space, it pervades all space because the Unqualified Absolute and Paradise are inseparable.

105:3.4 3. The Paradise Source and Center. Second nondeity pattern, the eternal Isle of Paradise; the basis for the realization-revelation of “I AM force” and the foundation for the establishment of gravity control throughout the universes. Regarding all actualized, nonspiritual, impersonal, and nonvolitional reality, Paradise is the absolute of patterns. Just as spirit energy is related to the Universal Father through the absolute personality of the Mother-Son, so is all cosmic energy grasped in the gravity control of the First Source and Center through the absolute pattern of the Paradise Isle. Paradise is not in space; space exists relative to Paradise, and the chronicity of motion is determined through Paradise relationship. The eternal Isle is absolutely at rest; all other organized and organizing energy is in eternal motion; in all space, only the presence of the Unqualified Absolute is quiescent, and the Unqualified is co-ordinate with Paradise. Paradise exists at the focus of space, the Unqualified pervades it, and all relative existence has its being within this domain.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:32 pm +0000
Posts: 121
toto wrote:
As Paradise exists as the focus of space, it pervades all space because the Unqualified Absolute and Paradise are inseparable.

105:3.4 3. The Paradise Source and Center. Second nondeity pattern, the eternal Isle of Paradise; the basis for the realization-revelation of “I AM force” and the foundation for the establishment of gravity control throughout the universes. Regarding all actualized, nonspiritual, impersonal, and nonvolitional reality, Paradise is the absolute of patterns. Just as spirit energy is related to the Universal Father through the absolute personality of the Mother-Son, so is all cosmic energy grasped in the gravity control of the First Source and Center through the absolute pattern of the Paradise Isle. Paradise is not in space; space exists relative to Paradise, and the chronicity of motion is determined through Paradise relationship. The eternal Isle is absolutely at rest; all other organized and organizing energy is in eternal motion; in all space, only the presence of the Unqualified Absolute is quiescent, and the Unqualified is co-ordinate with Paradise. Paradise exists at the focus of space, the Unqualified pervades it, and all relative existence has its being within this domain.

There are a few discrepancies in "toto"'s narration in that above, he states that "Paradise exists as the focus of space," however, in the UB quote he presented it states "Paradise exists at the focus of space," and then he indicates "it pervades all space because the Unqualified Absolute and Paradise are inseparable" where in the UB quote he has provided they are not "inseparable", they are "co-ordinate"; big difference which seems to follow along the lines of perceived error throughout his hypothesis?
In definition, "focus" is, in this case, "Physics. a point at which rays of light, heat, or other radiation meet after being refracted or reflected." Also, being "pervaded" ("to become spread throughout all parts of") or in this case "refracted", or the act of "refraction", "Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different." Therefore, his assumption regarding paradise and space would indicate that "toto"'s understanding of space is that they are the same thing or area? However, the UB indicates that there are many different types of space or in this case the space between spaces, that he needs to define in his so called literal hypothesis, where it would seem that he does not take into account that which has not been discovered yet on Urantia?

_________________
The Reality of knowing what Wisdom is, is in the Experiencing of the Philosophy of using Knowledge.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:30 pm +0000
Posts: 304
Hi Midi,
I noticed this error in this am and corrected it but you must have saved it before my correction. Thank you for reading so carefully, though.

But please tell me how the corrected version of at vs as does not better my argument.

A focus is a point, I agree with that. Wherever space focuses, there is where Paradise is at. If space were absolute, then every location in space is the geographic center of infinity. Space is not absolute because it is excluded from its focus, as Paradise is non-spatial. But TUB says that "space is system of associated points". Think long and hard about this. It is critical to your understanding of the definition of pervasive.


MidiChlorian wrote:
Therefore, his assumption regarding paradise and space would indicate that "toto"'s understanding of space is that they are the same thing or area?


You assume wrongly and that is the wrong conclusion to draw. A point in space is not space nor is it spacial. Neither are associated points spacial. I said before that a point is 'that without parts'. Space has parts because it moves. This is what you fail to understand.


MidiChlorian wrote:
where in the UB quote he has provided they are not "inseparable", they are "co-ordinate"; big difference which seems to follow along the lines of perceived error throughout his hypothesis?


Yes, Paradise and The Unqualified Absolute are co-ordinate. But then do you claim that they are separable??? What does co-ordinate mean to you? A co-ordinate is a point. A point has no parts to separate. Who is treading through the swamp of error here? Please explain yourself, or is this just a 'gotcha moment' for you to discredit my argument? Please argue with some honesty.


MidiChlorian wrote:
Also, being "pervaded" ("to become spread throughout all parts of")


Please think again through this definition of yours. Do you think that The Unqualified Absolute fragments to all parts? Do you think that the Unqualified Absolute invades or pervades space? I think you confuse the two. How can The Unqualified Absolute "spread itself throughout all part of" sub-absolute apace. To invade is to become a part of, such as the TA, a fragment of The Father. This not the case with The Unqualified Absolute and space.


MidiChlorian wrote:
However, the UB indicates that there are many different types of space or in this case the space between spaces, that he needs to define in his so called literal hypothesis, where it would seem that he does not take into account that which has not been discovered yet on Urantia?



Please tell us of the many different types of space mentioned in TUB. I only know of two, the space inseparable from time outside of Havona, and the unique space in Havona that is separate from time. TUB mentions this unique space intrusion existing between the two levels of Gravity bodies that encircle Havona.

14:1.15 The great belt of dark gravity bodies is divided into two equal elliptical circuits by a unique space intrusion.

How can you be sure that there are things beyond your knowledge and that of science that some have not already discovered on Urantia?

Louis


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group