Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:07 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Earth Book
PostPosted:  

I have been pondering this question and am curious to what others might think.

If you replaced the word URANTIA with the word EARTH, one wonders if this book would have not set so many people off by the strange word. For example:

"In the Minds of mortals of Urantia EARTH, that being the name of your world, there exists great confusion...."

OR

"EARTH is in every way evolving toward a state favorable for the support of the initial forms of marine life..."

OR

"Michael choose EARTH as the place of his final bestowal..."

See what I mean?

The fact is the revelators didn't use the word EARTH, but instead, for maximum disclosure, were blatant about our name being URANTIA, except that even this word URANTIA has an etymological root meaning "Among the Heavenly places."

If I tell my future Mansion World family that I came from "Urantia" will even know what the word means?

Is Urantia the first word we learn in the tongue of our local system?

In Latin, Earth is spelled Tierra, in French it is Terre, all sounding similar to u-ran-terra. In Swahili, Earth is pronounced "nchi" (sounds like "enchi" which happens to be the last two syllables in Ur-enchia."

Would it have been better if the Urantia Book was simply called The Earth Book, or more appropriately, "The Book of Earth?"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: The Earth Book
PostPosted:  

It could also be something of a homage to the Chaldean, since one of their centers was called UR. This is also a babylonian civilisation that is located between the Tigris and Euprates region, which the Adamite nation was located 34,000-20,000 years ago. This could have been a syllable or root pronoun from the ancient Nodite or Adamite civilization.

Urantia Papers indicate that this physical sphere was given #606 of Satania and named URANTIA approximately 1 billion years ago, or when celestial agencies first noticed that Urantia could support life. Does it appear that Andonic primitive sentience had known the name "Urth" from the beginning?

Yes, "The Book of Urantia" may have been more appropriate but that is according to our changing dialect of A.D. 2017 and not according to A.D. 1935.

PostPosted:  

Personally, if I saw a large tome called The Book of Earth, or Earth Book, I would assume it was about geology and would not pick it up. The mystery and uniqueness of the title "Urantia Book" is what initially drew me in and caught my interest. I think the book is specifically designed to appeal to those who are sincerely seeking, who are curious, and who are open to learning something entirely different than what they find in other books about spirituality.

In that regard, the book's title works beautifully, IMO.

PostPosted:  

Great answer Agon!

I don't think I could have said it better than what you said.