Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:34 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted:  

Good observations Agon D.!! For those with the right time-unit perspective of today relative to the distant past and distant future of destiny and the advantage of the epochal revelation in our laps...we are well aware that change is now accelerating and new digital media's ability to amplify fact, falsehood, truth, and lie brings an overexposure, to those who embrace it, of far more noise than news. We're told the golden age is pure myth...never happened or was certainly not better than today for our world. These are the glory days and more glorious days are still to come...all the way to ultimate destiny.

Acceleration of change and adjustment will drive some literally bonkers as they cling to their comforts and nostalgia in the face of ever greater uncertainty. There is only one refuge we are taught from all mortal and material instabilities, whether they be true or false does not matter. For those who depend upon social and political reforms to assuage their fears and anxieties, further disappointment will be their reward. Each generation is here for too short a time to be rewarded by the satisfactions of witnessing momentous change for the better.....unless of course, one were a Boomer like me. Anyone alive the last 60+ years that cannot discern progress is....well I don't know what....even Tommy, the deaf, dumb, and blind pinball wizard could see that!!

Those who cast blame and squeal in angst and demand this and that simply do not understand the very simple message of the UB....get YOURSELF right with God if you want to be of any help to anyone else about anything at all....stop whining and start doing and do so with the fruits of the Spirit and the faith of the believer...confident in God's power, purpose, and plan....the long slow evolutionary and progressive plan which ultimately, inherently, and unfailingly leads to Light and Life! Let us try and be part of the solution rather than part of the problem...doubting, fearful, anxious, paranoid, disappointed, demanding, blaming, and self important.

The history of our world as given in the Papers demonstrates that there is no time in the past better than or more peaceful or more stable than today....it was slower to change true, but not better by any definition of evolutionary progress.

Let me share an irrefutable fact that many find implausible if demonstrable: every decade for the past 6 decades has seen a descending trend line of per capita violence and most every form of specific violence or depravation, including deaths by murder and war, rape, child snatchings, muggings, starvation, disease, etc., etc. To be clear, the violent-death chart alone demonstrates this...the charts for starvation and disease are much more dramatic...thus 7 billion of us today.

Why isn't this common knowledge? Because it is true 'per capita' or per million people. Population has more than tripled since 1950. So, yes there are more murders and war dead, etc. today in number than 1950....but far fewer per million people! The decline rate in death by violence, starvation, and disease is overshadowed by a tripling of the total numbers of us (which is due in large part to fewer deaths by violence, starvation, and disease by the way!). If death rates were lowered by 30% while the population is up 300%, then it gets difficult to 'see' the progress but that doesn't mean that it's NOT progress does it? What if population stabilizes (it will) but the declining trend line of fewer per capita deaths due to violence, starvation, and disease continues (it will)? There's a tipping point to come that will be obvious to us all, but for the angels of progress the tipping point has already occurred IMO. We are told we are past the peak of the material era and quivering on the brink...these are not idle words or promises.

Such facts do not titillate and sell news however...if it bleeds it leads is the media mantra for this whole time period and now amplified, magnified, and repeated all day every day on a cable and social media. We THINK things are getting worse and worse. In some ways, perhaps, but in the aggregate nothing could be more false! Those with the half-empty mentality are fed this lie everyday and embrace the lie fully....ahhhh the good ole days!

Of all people, believers need to remain strong in our convictions that God is master of this world and universe and we need to follow the teachings of the Master....Fear Not, Be of Good Cheer, and look for ways everyday to help someone and know that everything will be alright, no matter if all earthly things crash about us and our most cherished material expectations are disappointed. There simply is no excuse for some of the things being said that have only fear and disappointment as their source.

Thanks to all stalwart and sublimely confident faith sons who can remain calm and cheerful in loving service, no matter the situation or circumstance. And some of us should consider true research rather than rely on the popular media we all agree is paid to mislead us into temptations and fear.....and a purchase!

8)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Well said Bradly.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
[. . .] For those with the right time-unit perspective of today relative to the distant past and distant future of destiny and the advantage of the epochal revelation in our laps...we are well aware that change is now accelerating and new digital media's ability to amplify fact, falsehood, truth, and lie brings an overexposure, to those who embrace it, of far more noise than news. We're told the golden age is pure myth...never happened or was certainly not better than today for our world. These are the glory days and more glorious days are still to come...all the way to ultimate destiny.
[. . .]

"fanofVan" What "golden age" are you referring too? When looking up "golden age" in the UB, I find the following predominant to that term.
Quote:
3. The Golden Ages
(624.7) 55:3.1 During this age of light and life the world increasingly prospers under the fatherly rule of the Planetary Sovereign. By this time the worlds are progressing under the momentum of one language, one religion, and, on normal spheres, one race. But this age is not perfect. These worlds still have well-appointed hospitals, homes for the care of the sick. There still remain the problems of caring for accidental injuries and the inescapable infirmities attendant upon the decrepitude of old age and the disorders of senility. Disease has not been entirely vanquished, neither have the earth animals been subdued in perfection; but such worlds are like Paradise in comparison with the early times of primitive man during the pre-Planetary Prince age. You would instinctively describe such a realm — could you be suddenly transported to a planet in this stage of development — as heaven on earth.

Where in the past you have indicated that this age is far in the future for Urantia, therefore between now and then, where are we in actuality and reality? Therefore, what should the population of Urantia expect to go through, if even as mentioned above, there are many medical problems which would yet need to be resolved, not to mention that our current medical understanding seems to be causing more harm then good.

PostPosted:  

68:1.7 (764.3) The modern phrase, “back to nature,” is a delusion of ignorance, a belief in the reality of the onetime fictitious “golden age.” The only basis for the legend of the golden age is the historic fact of Dalamatia and Eden. But these improved societies were far from the realization of utopian dreams.

Paper 52 should be consulted for information related to those changes to come....the changes to come for our world depend upon the reality that....as go the parts, so goes the whole....those who contribute fear and anger and blame and regret only slow the process down.

8)

PostPosted:  

Bradly everyone makes a contribution. All things work for good.

Angry people? People who have a need to blame?

There are millions of angry people, angry at God. They look around and see only misery. These people have much to point to in order to justify blaming "God."

Knowing what the Urantia Book says should provide an impetus for having at least a little understanding sympathy for these honest souls who are struggling to understand, struggling to cope, struggling to not give up, struggling to make ends meet, struggling to take care of sick loved ones, don't you think?

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Bradly everyone makes a contribution. All things work for good.

Angry people? People who have a need to blame?

There are millions of angry people, angry at God. They look around and see only misery. These people have much to point to in order to justify blaming "God."

Knowing what the Urantia Book says should provide an impetus for having at least a little understanding sympathy for these honest souls who are struggling to understand, struggling to cope, struggling to not give up, struggling to make ends meet, struggling to take care of sick loved ones, don't you think?

I have great sympathy for all God's children in the struggles of the mortal life's vicissitudes and all their suffering as I have said countless times here.

The angry ones discussed here by me are you...and the other ankle biters who pretend they are superior to others, enough to determine the spirituality of others and determined to lead others to safety...your claim. You were just shouting at Agon and I a couple of pages ago at the top of your angry lungs declaring our stupidity and IGNORANCE!!!!! As no acknowledgement or apology has been offered, I assume you still feel the same? Jim has declared Agon and I lack spirituality but suffer blindness and a 2 dimensional spirituality.

You guys crack me up. Angry at the world and lacking any confidence in those who rule our world but so certain of your own abilities to determine who's spiritual and who's not and who should be doing what and when and the standing of 7 billion souls...who need to be led to safety! What guile.

Glad you enjoyed my posts above...but they do not lack sympathy or empathy for any and all who suffer. We are told however to be discerning in our sympathies for those who suffer by their own choices...like smug little self righteous ankle biters for example who demonstrate anxieties, fears, blame, disappointment, and demand what others are to believe or do by their superiority....just sayin'....this has been a most illuminating topic and thread....worth a re-read even...and, perhaps some thoughtful reconsideration.

As Jesus said...those who are not against us are for us? So why is it you are against us again? Or are you? Interesting twist of this topic.

8)

PostPosted:  

Why are you so angry Bradly? But I sympathize. Your struggle is being friendly.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
[. . .]
Why isn't this common knowledge? Because it is true 'per capita' or per million people. Population has more than tripled since 1950. So, yes there are more murders and war dead, etc. today in number than 1950....but far fewer per million people! The decline rate in death by violence, starvation, and disease is overshadowed by a tripling of the total numbers of us (which is due in large part to fewer deaths by violence, starvation, and disease by the way!). If death rates were lowered by 30% while the population is up 300%, then it gets difficult to 'see' the progress but that doesn't mean that it's NOT progress does it? What if population stabilizes (it will) but the declining trend line of fewer per capita deaths due to violence, starvation, and disease continues (it will)? There's a tipping point to come that will be obvious to us all, but for the angels of progress the tipping point has already occurred IMO. We are told we are past the peak of the material era and quivering on the brink...these are not idle words or promises. [. . .]

"fanofVan" - It would seem that you are basing your statement of population growth or population 'per capita' over history since the 1950's, as associated to death as being the same 'per capita' of the total population at any one given period in time, whereas based on birth's it would indicate that the increase in population started with the onset of the World Wars, around 1920's, which also included large deaths from medical issues like influenza. This might indicate that with the onset of the World Wars, population started to increase at a rate or percentage much higher then in prior centuries. Not to mention since the 1950's or around the Korean War, births rates superseded death rates. It would seem that large wars or massive deaths spawns population growth. You indicate that "decline rate in death by violence, starvation, and disease is overshadowed", by the birth rates, and that your implication that because of this increase in births we should not be concerned of future population increases verse decreases, as being a sign of prosperity or progress. The majority of the large populated countries like India and China, has started to decrease, for various reasons and it would also indicate that a population adjustment may be imminent in the near future, which would not change your demographics based on the social interactions by people.

The issues which will most likely create a population adjustment will most likely be caused by massive diseases, which will not be controllable within the time it takes to find a cure or, by massive genocidal evens through World War type events or retaliation by individual nation states capable of such actions. Therefore, the concerns of many are real, and every effort should be made to change the current issues which seems to be oncoming, be it natural or man made.

For those who believe in the power of God to solve our issues, this so called power may present itself through time as being more deaths to come, in order to make us aware of the error of our ways. Assuming that a small percentage of any population which may suffer catastrophic adjustments, there will, hopefully be a small number left over to reseed the World as we know it. Either way, how do you propose that the current population of this world can be sustained?

"World population estimates from 1800 to 2100, based on "high", "medium" and "low" United Nations projections in 2010 (colored red, orange and green) and US Census Bureau historical estimates (in black). Actual recorded population figures (as of 2010) are colored in blue. According to the highest estimate, the world population may rise to 16 billion by 2100; according to the lowest estimate, it may decline to 6 billion."

PostPosted:  

Thanks for telling me what my "struggle" is Enno...and friendliness goes to the friendly. And I'm not angry, more like amused or bemused perhaps. Speaking of angry, some of your words posted here:

"Badly, why do you pontificate based on what you "think?" Very often you state at the end of your musings "or so I understand." It's obvious that you do not understand.

When are you going to know?

You should get back to your books and stop blocking the way forward.

I can't believe this. This is what is the result of studying the Urantia Book?

This planet is doomed.

Agon, your ignorance is APPALLING! You should immigrate to Syria or North Korea.

Agon, you should visit a town in Syria where ISIS is in control and ask them to look it up in the Urantia Book while you're burning to death alive in a cage.

You and Badly, your ignorance is STUPENDOUS!

You even have the temerity to mix spiritual wrong doing with physical wrong doing.

So why do you quote the Urantia Book spreading your spiritual terrorism?

Why are you perpetuating spiritual terrorism?

You're even quoting the holy book to do so."

All the above posted by Enno/nod. Like I said, very illuminating. Now, you continue to scorn and pretend rather than acknowledge your own anger...spiritual terrorism indeed!

:roll: :!: :-s :wink: :? 8)

When I get angry Enno you will know it. And whenever you decide to get friendly I'll be glad to reciprocate.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
[. . .] Angry at the world and lacking any confidence in those who rule our world but so certain of your own abilities to determine who's spiritual and who's not and who should be doing what and when and the standing of 7 billion souls...who need to be led to safety! What guile.
[, . .]

"fanofVan" - can you explain what you mean, above, regarding "confidence in those who rule our world"? Are you referring to our world leaders or, the celestial administration, which seems to not be interfering in current events, or maybe they are?

PostPosted:  

Why do you keep biting yourself so badly Bradly? Why, you're all red now! But I sympathize.

You need to hold grudges, be unforgiving, and need to disseminate intolerance and unallowance and be blaming.

Forgive yourself dude!

PostPosted:  

So Enno....you CAN spell my name correctly...when you wish to! Nothing to say about your own words or attitude dude? Thought as much. Oh well. So copying your words here shows MY intolerance?! Good one! Hahaha. I harbor no grudges Enno or anger.....your words speak for themselves....over and over again. Still unwilling to accept or acknowledge your own words but eager to judge my character still? Very well. Perhaps it would be best to return to the actual topic and discussion?

Midi - yes, I meant the true rulers of our world, not it's mortal politicians, parties, and reps. whom have well demonstrated their immaturities, materialisms, and lack of wisdom....but we learn and must learn how to govern with true idealism, practicality, ethics, morals, transparency, accountability, and by the Golden Rule....and eventually by a universal love in service to all others....this will take a little longer I think.

We shall see if we are smart enough to slow population growth (certainly have in China, Japan, Europe, and the USA) and if our science and mortal leadership can find solutions to our many, many problems without huge population losses to more wars, diseases, food and water shortages, etc. It's going to remain interesting for sure!

8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Paper 52 should be consulted for information related to those changes to come....the changes to come for our world depend upon the reality that....as go the parts, so goes the whole....those who contribute fear and anger and blame and regret only slow the process down.

Perhaps it is best to avoid road rage against the slowpokes that would "slow the process down"

fanofVan wrote:
When I get angry Enno you will know it. And whenever you decide to get friendly I'll be glad to reciprocate.

Sounds like a threat to me? If what we have seen on this post from Bradly is his nice side, I dare say that his angry side would be dangerously formidable. Get yourself friendly quickly, Enno, before we all get it in the crossfire.

Louis

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Midi - yes, I meant the true rulers of our world, not it's mortal politicians, parties, and reps. whom have well demonstrated their immaturities, materialisms, and lack of wisdom....but we learn and must learn how to govern with true idealism, practicality, ethics, morals, transparency, accountability, and by the Golden Rule....and eventually by a universal love in service to all others....this will take a little longer I think.

That's what I thought you meant, the Celestial Administration of Urantia, however that being said, how would you think that the Celestial Admin, would come about making necessary changes which would be needed in order to perpetuate wisdom in those mortal politicians, unless they (Celestial Admin) create or allow specific issues that would require the mortals to get their act together, unless it were to resolve common issues or problems currently speculated by those who see these possibilities in the future. If this is the way that the Celestial Admin's work in the background, would it also be the way of God to adhere to their prompting, therefore would not the innocent populous be caught up in this venture or plan as well? Would they not need some measure of help by those who may foresee these issues and possibly have a better understanding of what the Celestial Admin's seem to be planning?

fanofVan wrote:
We shall see if we are smart enough to slow population growth (certainly have in China, Japan, Europe, and the USA) and if our science and mortal leadership can find solutions to our many, many problems without huge population losses to more wars, diseases, food and water shortages, etc. It's going to remain interesting for sure!

Granted, population explosion is of concern, but should we not at least attempt to make enough changes where these issues are minimized, especially in medicine, where even today we suffer in the US, with medical issues which look like they are contrived to keep the status quo alive in making more profit for this medical industry. If we can concur that there are problems, which it appears that the Celestial's are not willing to resolve, (at least it appears this way, from here) then why should we not attempt to make it better, specifically for our children and grandchildren, to come? Being sympathetic to these problems is one thing but does not action supersede the want or need for change? Therefore, for those who wish to act, by presenting what they see as a problem, in their subjective viewpoint, is it not at least a formidable start? As they say, "God helps those who help themselves"? It is assumed this phrase as having it origin from the ancient Greeks and associated as below:

Quote:
The sentiment appears in ancient Greek tragedies of which only fragments now remain. In his Philoctetes (c.409 BC), Sophocles wrote, "No good e'er comes of leisure purposeless; And heaven ne’er helps the men who will not act." And in the Hippolytus (428BC) of Euripides appears the speech, "Try first thyself, and after call in God; For to the worker God himself lends aid."

PostPosted:  

Greetings Midi....good points and questions...I look forward to the opinions of others as well. For myself, I certainly agree that the Medical Industrial Complex in the USA is becoming even more influential and dominant in politics and the economy as the Military Industrial Complex has become since the 50's...and not in a good way, creating endless and very expensive treatments rather than cures, recommending dangerous tests and surgeries that do not contribute to quality of life but often artificially extend it for ever more treatments and surgeries. Big Pharma seems to control national policies detrimental to the population's wealth AND health. Naturally such a broad indictment overstates the reality and is unfair to many in that industry who are sincere of intent and who work hard to deliver cures and quality of life and they deserve differentiation and attention and support.

You've heard my lemons and lemonade analogy I'm sure....sincere human effort, even when lacking wisdom, does deliver up lemons to the Divine lemonade makers who manage the 'consequences' or results of such sincere efforts by the planet's rulers and celestial servants of time...the act is ours but the consequence is God's as they say. So I would certainly agree that all human efforts to evolve and transform do deliver meaningful results over time. All should strive to help others, specific others and all others however we can.

As to celestial 'manipulations' on the material worlds in their leadership and management, we are given the examples of how this is done (in some ways) related to the Prince's staff and the Garden on our and other worlds as well as the multiple Angelic Corps and the Reservists, etc. I have no idea how many times or which times these agents of change and progress and protection have acted on behalf of our world. I assume it to be near countless in number....but pure speculation on my part.

Thanks for asking and for the interesting discussion Midi.

I agree we need to get our act together and for those standing on the sidelines to get active in spreading good cheer, goodness, truth, beauty, love, and do so with that true service motive that we are told is the next great step forward in evolutionary progress into the mortal epochs of time for our world. It is forever true that doing nothing gets nothing done.

Best wishes.

8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next