Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:16 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
there's nothing wrong with philosophizing...most of the UB is philosophy and the papers consider philosophy to be one of the great pastimes of a civilized world. but it's a balanced philosophy united with true religion and sound science...not just a bunch of analytical theoretical theological godtalk.

This is a very good summary of the balance between science, philosophy and religion. And the most interesting thing is that they are all related. Some of us are imbalanced toward the sciences and others toward philosophy or religion.

Since my personal imbalance has always been towards the sciences, I can better give examples of scientific intellectual crystallization. Please allow me to give a startling example of just one crystallization in science that TUB has clearly stated as true but has not been taken into account by anyone to my knowledge.

Since before Einstein, the speed of light was thought to be a constant. TUB tells us that space moves. The two previous statements cannot both be true. Even human science has come to realized that the Universe is expanding and that space itself is expanding at an accelerated rate. (see 2011 Nobel Prize in Physics).

This is but one example of crystallization in science. I can see it happening in philosophy and religion. In religion it leads to Spiritual death. I wonder what it leads to in philosophy and science? Has anyone come across this in TUB?

Louis

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

PostPosted:  

Well you're right Jim and I think that's very deep.

But I guess if I can just add that the internalisation occurs when the soul has an appetite to know the truth, hence a period of growth and expansion. If you choose to be a regular reader, you have to be sure that you challenge in order to gain the whole knowledge, and work mainly on the aspects that God would deem important for your maturation.

Well we are being honest here. I really do not (have not) give the full effort, and I can be too satiated with my own possessions. I can tend to "Lord" the things I do know over other people, when really I should focus on the parts in the book that are most encouraging to my soul's expansion and development.

That is what I would ask of you. That I would invoke the parts of the Urantia Papers that most apply to your life, that are most challenging, the ones you are perhaps the most reluctant of assimilating. It is the comfort we have and the familiarity with the parts that we know in the Bible/Vedas, et cetera, that provide our egos preemptive satisfaction. That comfort we may feel can stymie God's own efforts that would lead us into society, where we find our minds amongst bretheren.

We know that it was not with words only that Jesus taught but through intention and by deed in the spirit of truth.

PostPosted:  

I went to a study group once, several years ago and all we did was take turns reading some part of the book, I forget what. And then, the session ended abruptly after the reading was over.

When I left that group I was pissed off, I mean I was beside myself. The first and only UB group I've been to and that precious time was squandered, no fellowship, no life experiences, no spiritual growth, nada *&?@ thing.

After I left I thought to myself, who are these @#$%&÷? people. They have the opportunity of a lifetime to fellowship with real truth seekers and the time together is wasted...it is for naught.

I am alone in this world. No one I have ever come in contact with has my drive to survive. I miss my Father who passed in 1990. He was a man of God.

I know there are men and women of God on this forum, and when I finish my labors I will make the effort to meet you, until then, I walk by myself following where God leads me.

Paul

PostPosted:  

Paul,

I hear you brother! I live nearby Little Rock, CA. I know you're very close by too. Let's get together for a cup of coffee soon! Check your inbox.

Enno

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly thanks for the honesty. Since we each attempt to follow THE path our Thought Aduster brings with him from Divington, and since we each likewise must willingly confess our success in this is fraught with confusion, error of judgement, lack of sincerity, distractions of every kind, both internal and external, it is, to me, no great surprise that we are, each and all, less than masters at this process. As we grow, though, we are able to discover some degree of reality accumulation in our souls and upon that identification, build a graceful approach to those who know nothing of all this. My great trial these days is to share my soul with those who have no awareness of theirs. Each time I try, I feel like a beginner and often wonder if I am only making things worse for them. My former wife used to say that I was so heavenly minded that I was no earthly good. This remains my dilema.

I was given a very pronounced and clear vision of this path many years ago and have been laboring to merge the two conscious realities I see, ever since. Though I make progress, the determination of success isn't within my personal grasp and I trudge on. Paul mentioned that he walks alone here on 606 and I feel the same.

So to answer your question more directly, I am not able to comprehend the ability of Jesus to know the spiritual longing within another person's soul with clarity. I strive for that.

Jim