Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:39 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

graybear13 wrote:
toto wrote:
I am surprised that you, a Urantia Book reader, is a Chicken Little backer

Hi Gray, I certainly did not mean to call you any names, so I apologize.

graybear13 wrote:
You sound like another climate change denier or maybe you just don't care.

I am neither a denier nor apathetic concerning climate change. I am a realist and I demand evidence. Where is the Earth's atmospheric temperature being taken? Is it a combination of the oceans and air temperature and at what depth of ocean or elevation of the land?

57:8.22   ...With this increase in land elevation the first climatic differences of the planet appeared. Land elevation, cosmic clouds, and oceanic influences are the chief factors in climatic fluctuation. The backbone of the Asiatic land mass reached a height...

I see no mention of CO2 unless you want to assume it is included in "cosmic clouds".

61:2.3   ... massing of land in high latitudes, the world climate remained relatively mild because of the enormous increase in the size of the tropic seas, nor was the land elevated sufficiently to produce glaciers. Extensive lava flows occurred in Greenland and...

61:5.8   ...Away from the ice the land and water life of the world was little changed. Between the ice invasions the climate was about as mild as at present, perhaps a little warmer.

This quote is a very specific timeline statement as of 1934. It has been warmer in the past, if only just a little. Why are we fretting now?

graybear13 wrote:
Some of our differences result from differing view points; for example, I say gravity based economy because, in my view, you cannot have the antigravity effect unless you control the gravity in your area.

We do indeed see this differently. We cannot control gravity. We can use our mind to dilate time and cause matter to move against gravity pull. This is called locomotion and is a cause of mind, volition.

graybear13 wrote:
The vortexes that ride the wings of aircraft create gravity.

I disagree. The vortices create an antigravity effect. This is due to their orthogonal orientation to the counter rotational vortices of the Earth at the poles.

graybear13 wrote:
This gravity exerts a pull on earths gravity field creating, in affect, a bubble in the stream of ultimatons moving toward earth, hence the feeling of antigravity.

Antigravity is an effect, not a feeling.

graybear13 wrote:
The Standard Model is not dying, it is very healthy up to the point were it is with experimental proof and mathematical facts defining those proofs. I agree with a lot of what you say.

Does the Standard Model subscribe to the notion of a respiring particle? I have not seen any reference to that in any physical model. As it were, TUB does tell us that space motions involves rotation AND respiration. In fact, space respiration is the primary space motion and is an absolute motion. Matter is in space and space is in matter. The space in matter (a particle) must move likewise.

The particle physicist have an impossible time calculating motion in a model of a simple spinning particle. There is no mathematics that can model a respiring partible because both primary and secondary motions of space are absolute. QED

graybear13 wrote:
I agree that the science of the urantia Book is screaming out to us.

I say, "turn up the volume!".

BTW, the Calculus was invented to deal with circular functions. Motion is an Elliptical function. With circles, all that is required is a knowledge of Pi. Elliptical functions forces one to deal with Pi, Phi and e, all three transcendental number. It is no wonder that the mathematics of Quantum Electrical Dynamics is such a mess. It don't work!

Louis

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

How did we go from talking about the UB future influence to arguing about Climate Change?!

Let's refocus on the original question, which is how do we envision the future influence of the Urantia Book?

Will it be slow and steady, periodically punctuated by a few individuals, or will it be fast and furious, punctuated by an en masse recognition that we have been given a new revelation that has real credibility?

In my mind, the second coming has come. Jesus said "I will return when all can see me."

As it stands, every person living today can now see the Master (through Part 4 of the Urantia Book).

Revelations and the Book of Mormon both prophesied a "book" would come, now its here. Now what? What is the next phase of the spreading of the Revelation?

PostPosted:  

Hey JW.
IMO, slow and steady is the best course. I have vacillated constantly from this viewpoint to the other extreme of shouting it from the rooftops, but have, at least temporally reverted to this somewhat conservative position.

While the daily events of the planet plunge dramatically hither and yon, underneath, as the Authors state, is an almost invisible undercurrent of movement toward the teachings of the Master. And I say, the best part of this is that it is almost invisible. For stealth and invisibility are our allies in such troubled, materialistic and unspiritual times. Remember what the Authors say, that despite its myriad progressions, this materialistic age is drawing to a close. And evidence of its death throes surround us. Best to allow it to continue under the radar rather than to become a focal point for the unwashed to attack. Best to continue to quietly and slowly and PERSONALLY spread the good news, whether by a kind word, a loving gesture or a full disclosure, these responses warranted as the situation requires.

In a world dominated by the blare of the news of the day, blinded by the mindless broadcasts of the “crisis du jour”, and numbed almost to immobility by the unspiritual drumbeats of a materialistic culture heading towards is inevitable downfall, I think it is best to allow the good news to spread to those to whom it is found, to those whom it is needed. Remember the Master, when he came upon the unthinking pagan, who said to his young companion, “He is not ready”. So too, is the world not yet ready. Every rainstorm begins with a few droplets. This book, designed for a millennia of enlightenment is less than a century old. We are those first few raindrops, where we fall and how we choose to fall will have vast implications for the future and will be remembered by those who come after us.

PostPosted:  

I agree Al. It is important that the roots of this mustard tree grow as robustly as the branches for best long term outcomes. It is important for the roots that the readership grows but also that current readers/students gain experience in the Papers and this takes lots of time IN the text in study and discussion and sharing understanding.

Shouting from the rooftops will gain more notoriety and bad press than it will nurture the roots OR the branches. As there is no singular 'authority' or representative of the body of students, those who raise their voices the loudest (regardless of wisdom) may become unwitting representatives in ways that do not serve the movement in any positive fashion.

Having said that, the fact remains that the student body is growing and quickly so. Dissemination efforts cannot keep up with the readership. The Fellowship, Association, and Foundation do not need to be proactive in marketing, awareness campaigns, or publicity for such growth. I think the angels are in charge of the spread of the movement/readership working in their mysterious ways and they will bless all sincere and worthy efforts for dissemination and student to student association in study groups, conferences, organizational development, etc.

This work is generational and planetary now. There will come a time when the movement has a more visible presence among religionists, believers, and truth seekers.

For now, perhaps we should remember the immaturity of impatience and have confidence in those who are truly in charge of our world and its epochal progress and transformation?

Bradly 8)

From the Foundation's latest Annual Report:

Books and Distribution

21,462 books distributed, up 12% from 2015

9,386 books printed in Polish, French, and Portuguese

102,351 books downloaded from urantia.org and the Apple app
Website

1,284,418 sessions at urantia.org

732,029 unique visits

Urantia Book Internet School
391 students
43 countries
39 free courses taught by volunteers :biggrin: :wink: 8)

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
I beg to differ.

Global catastrophe isn't pending. It's been a global reality for two hundred thousand years.

But there is something that IS pending. The transformation of all (who live in this atmosphere) from the slavery of self into the liberty of self-mastery. Due in large part to the spreading influence of the Urantia Book.

I wonder what you mean by this? There's been a "global catastrophe" for two hundred thousand years? How so?

Have you read Paper 52? Or Papers 68-98? You cannot discern the progress on Urantia? Do you believe in the inevitability of Urantia progressing to Light and Life?

Should not we measure today by progress over time? And does not the UB provide us sufficient assurances of our world's destiny?

Can you see the tremendous uplift to the each and the all since Pentacost? Or the quickening since the printing press?

There is no catastrophe. And the transformation of the all into self mastery will still take the world a long, long time. There will be no world wide transformation in any single generation that supercedes evolutionary time and process. Doesn't work that way. Nothing transforms a world as radically as does the gift of the Son and the flood of TA's. Had 2000 years of that transformative power and influence. The UB is a seed, not a towering plant or tree. It too will show more and greater influence over time.....think 10-40 generations....not 10-40 years or even 10 decades. None of us will live long enough to see such transformation.

The good news is each believer may transform our own life within its brief span of time here on the world of birth.

Or so I see it!! 8)

PostPosted:  

Hey FanoVan!

You know, its like a lot of things... Think about how much attitudes have changed over the last few decades. When I was a kid we played "smear the queer" and thought nothing of it. Now Gay Marriage is almost a normal thing, and that's pretty great. The thing about stuff like this, is it comes to critical mass pretty much under the radar... You have to be somewhat perceptive to see it slowly congealing under the surface. And especially these days when the surface is pretty rough indeed! But then, as the Authors say, SUDDENLY, its a thing. So it will be, IMO, with the teachings of this revelation. The human race will continue to blunder along, in a seemingly random fashion when BLAM, another tiny step is taken forward. And these small steps are frightening a lot of good folks. Like the the Authors say, the mainstays of the materialistic and religious world are for the timid, and change can be pretty scary. So you have to be patient. Each generation takes a small step forward although sometimes this is lost amidst all the back pedaling, side pedaling and upside down pedaling.

Like you say about the tadpole: live your days to the fullest and the rest will pretty much take care of itself.

PostPosted:  

"finsh" has laid the claim that idaeology of Urantia Papers amounts to a system of allowance that destroys psychism within the human individual.

The essence of the trial, that has been brought up now, is whether there is actual duality within the human individual, him and his soul versus the ultimate potentiation of the individual, which includes the Thought Adjuster according to the urantia papers.

When you take the writer at his words, he is claiming to have had trauma, the kind of psychic trauma in which his free will is culled but also actions manipulated within his physical human framework by well Shaitan.

That is my interpretation of his testimony. However, I would investigate how his actual psychic trauma occurred.

In this age, the Urantia Papers will go under trial, by those who seek to discredit all human-individual centered experiencial religion. It is common sense to question the tenets of any idaeology as they weigh against your own experience. From each point of view, one must question the basis, is it right to trust beings. Is the universe essentially benevolent? It is, despite the condition-current of Society.

Just as the verses and then letters in the Bible were scrutinized and measured according to a Calvinian fatalism, now we endure the testing of the Urantia Papers, by those who decry, test and inevitably prove the harsher facts according to the celestial authors.

Well, these trials cannot be solved by intellectual or logical exercise. This is where the hour-glass has been stood on its end, and we must appeciate the true value of salvation. Just as the Qu'ran has stated, "when one soul has found salvation, it is as if the entire world has found salvation." We should strive for a solidarity. If you have earned the perspective of the Universal Father, then you know what it is to suffer when your brother is suffering. Then to have, keep and maintain, the salvation-status for other human individuals.

Whatever the justification may be, you are observing the sleighting of the surface idaeology within the Urantia Papers in order to innoculate people against the truth of the Urantia Paper. This is the factor, despite your efforts, that compounds and confounds your evangelical efforts and in part creates the measure of whether your audience is receptive or averted from discovery of a psychologically therapeutic religion.

I wish that you continue to strive, but look much of the truth in the eventual prosperity of one-world-government with one religion according to the forefathers Abraham Thomas Jefferson and Jesus, is in the way that the saints had safeguarded the holy covenant of god, preserving it indellibly for future generations. William Sadler was one who is like such men. He preserved the seed of authentic religion in a way that could be preserved for thousands of years, and it is hardly imaginable that a higher eschalon of spiritual concept could arise in this generation.

The attempts to strike against the cornerstone of spiritual philosophy cannot succeed but may result in the discord within society between human individuals who should be cooperating. The crisis is that all sectional religious viewpoints of culture and tradition can now be interpreted, assimilated, and understood through the Urantia Religion. Whether there continues the strife Judaism against Christianity, Christianity against the islam, one who trusts the tenets of the Urantia Papers is not allowed to participate in such debate. Then, you must see, the real task for our generation is to negotiate the spiritual truths of historical religious movements and explain why it is time that we must and may all share in one faith in God.

PostPosted:  

jwatkins00 wrote:
How did we go from talking about the UB future influence to arguing about Climate Change?!

As I said "When the science of the TUB is proven and TUB can be credited with allowing us to avoid the disaster of ruining our atmosphere, the rest of TUB, the part that has to be taken on faith will get a thankful look by billions of people and hearts will begin to change. When we get beyond this paradigm shift then we can get back to the long game of working out our problems as a civilized people of the world without the pressure of a pending global catastrophe." Not to mention ending war between nations. This is the answer to your original question.

Part of my awakening process has been to become passionate about the science of TUB. Since it is science, It can be proven. God expects us to solve this puzzle that is creation scientifically so we can move ahead and evolve in a positive way. Otherwise it would not be so prominent in the beginning of TUB. It is up to scientists that can hear the word of God in the science of TUB to open their minds and understand how linear gravity works.

regards, gray