Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:46 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Most recently I began to think of the method that Melchizedek used when he sent out his Salem teachers, and examined how long it took for these teachings to spread around the world, influencing all major religions, even unto this day.

We remember that Mel sensed truth was dying in the world, and not only did he, 1900 years before Jesus, plant monotheism in order for the world to be prepared for the new revelation of Jesus, but even in the 5th Century B.C., when Mel again kickstarted revelations around the world through people like Confucius, Siddhartha, Las-Tse and others, the point remains (as it pertains to the Urantia Book) is that we have a revelation now just starting to take root, and it is going to take time before it truly begins to have an influence in future ages. But what lessons can we learn from the Melchizedek method?

How do you see the spread and influence of the Urantia Book taking place in the future?

Unlike in Mel's time, we have social media and the Internet. The speed at which it takes to deliver a message is instantaneous, but does this bode well for spreading the UB teachings? Does quantity of readership necessarily mean quality of spiritual growth?

I would surmise that this generation is probably the "darkest" generation in terms of having a grounded understanding of Religion. Secularism is rampant, especially in the West, and I believe it may take two or three generations from now before we start to see great teachers emerge who can be influential in carrying the revelation to new levels of awareness.

My hope is that Christian leaders will start to discover the Urantia Book and will begin to incorporate the expanded revelation in their sermons (even if they never mention the world "Urantia"). My hope is that truly well-respected people like the Dalai Lama, or Neil DeGrasse Tyson will refer to it from time to time when discussing science and faith. My hope is that college professors will have classes that seek to debate the Urantia Book teachings so that young people are at least exposed to its information so they can decide whether to continue to explore the book. My hope is that cable shows like The History Channel will have programs that more deeply explore some of the historical narratives we read about in the book.

And lastly, my hope is that the Science community will begin to publish truly and unbiased research papers on the various subject matter contained in The Urantia Book, so as to whet the curiosity of people who would be more than fascinated by its content.

But again, I also see a very slow, but continued interest in the book, and I am not discouraged. Melchizedek and Jesus had an enormous impact on the world, but it took centuries for their teachings to spread. I truly believe this latest revelation will eventually have the same resounding effect at some point. When that point is, is anyone's guess.

I also believe (while the book never claims it) that The Urantia Book is preparing us for a sometime visit from a Magisterial Son, perhaps even Melchizedek or Michael himself, but this is probably thousands of years away (a blink of an eye in cosmic terms). Where the book has the most influence will probably determine where the next Son will reveal himself.

What lessons do you think can we learn from the past on how to spread this new revelation of spiritual truth?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

More and More people are gaining access to this information via Internet and those who are after truth or are influenced by it never abandon the book after reading it. Searching for some terms as well is leading many to the book online and once they read its never seen before answers via a link they grow curious and read more. farther to that many are now being liberated from the old notion that what they were taught at school or respective religious institution is the only truth and cannot be questioned or added. Fundamentalism has seemed not to answer the many questions pertaining to the myriads of problems faced daily neither does it offer solutions for the same so many seem to get out and seek answers and act. Only when they join this or other forum do we get to have a clue of growing numbers but many still could be reading out there but time and improved morals will tell.

PostPosted:  

Does anyone know if any Urantia group or organization has formulated a cover letter and attached the book to it for the purpose of sending it to the various University theology departments around the globe?

I've been kicking this idea around in my head a few years thinking it could be advantageous to the cause.

I certainly could help fund it. Maybe I'll take a crack at composing a letter.

What do you think?
Have we already done this? If so, when, because times have changed and even Christian churches have progressed by leaps and bounds lest they loose members who seek relate to a more modern faith.

Is this a good idea? If not, why?

Do you have an idea that you think might work to gain readers.

Paul

PostPosted:  

Hello Paul. There have been extensive efforts to place the UB in libraries around the world, especially university libraries and there are many still so engaged. Urantia Association International has a Dissemination and Global Seeding Committee that is shipping books around the world, with the help of the Foundation, in multiple languages. Both offer great experience and extensive help in all such interests and efforts by any and all readers who wish to support or engage in efforts to place UB's in book stores, public/private/educational libraries.

Often times, books are available without charge or at discount and freight/shipping money is also available. The Fellowship also offers such assistance - try the links below for more information. There are brochures available but don't know about a cover letter. It's best if the books are expected and some personal contact is established prior to shipping books to an institution as they all have their own policies for receiving donated texts.

There's lots of activity with Book Fairs around the world too! The Foundation and Association are working to get books in the hands of all who want one. Book fairs seem very popular in some parts of the world for truthseekers especially. Lots of ways to serve dissemination for those so inclined and motivated.

Let me know if I can help further with this service project.

https://urantia-association.org/about-u ... -programs/

http://www.urantiabook.org/outreach/#campus_outreach

Hello jwatkins!!! To Panther's post: "Only when they join this or other forum do we get to have a clue of growing numbers but many still could be reading out there but time and improved morals will tell."

Yeah...the growing number is hard to know....but it is growing. And there are some very influential people who are students today. Social media and the www are certainly accelerants for awareness and dissemination. I still think there's merit in the slow evolutionary process of an expanding core (or corps) of long time readers and the development of true scholarship of the text and the development of teachers as well as disseminators and in addition to those of us who share together on TB and similar public forums and in on-line study groups (currently the fastest growing format for study group creation).

The on-going work of the Foundation to create translations and complete multiple revisions of those translations is certainly helping to expand the potentials of readership and the growing social network of those, like Paul, who are interested in personally supporting the growing dissemination work at hand. Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and now Asia are the centers of the fastest growth in readership. In some places books are still distributed by donkey or llama to very remote regions. There are cases and pallets of cases of UB's being shipped around the world where the Foundation has not yet established commercial book distribution.

The world hungers for understanding of the universe and the truth of mortal destiny potentials. The angels seem to be connecting many such truth seekers to UB disseminators. I cannot imagine this gift was given for only the very few of but a few short generations. If epochal in nature as claimed, the Revelation has a glorious future that will effect the human race and our world in time to come. The mustard seed has sprouted and its branches spread widely now and grow ever further and faster on Urantia, the Shrine of Nebadon. Best wishes to all who disseminate and serve to connect the readership one to another.

So glad for TruthBook to lead such efforts given in love to others! 8)

PostPosted:  

jwatkins00 wrote:
And lastly, my hope is that the Science community will begin to publish truly and unbiased research papers on the various subject matter contained in The Urantia Book, so as to whet the curiosity of people who would be more than fascinated by its content.

There are no unbiased research papers because the scientific community cannot fit the science of the Urantia Book into the standard model. It has to be the other way around. They have to fit the standard model into the science of the Urantia Book, but their training and egos won't let them do it, so here we are.

I understand the long view of the changes that are coming, but "certain economic adjustments and social changes are imperative if cultural disaster is to be avoided." If we do not, very soon, reduce our dependence on the burning of fossil fuel as an energy source, a disaster that has been coming for a long time will come to fruition. The Urantia Book is showing us the way to avoid this disaster by accessing a higher energy through gravity, but scientific ego will not allow a paradigm shift.

regards, gray

PostPosted:  

Hey dude i have real world experience.
I'm in St Petersburg FL btw.
DONT spread or talk about the urantia papers.
it's a demon religon. Satanic in anture.

read up on the JINN. you are JINNI POSSESSED.
and are having biosoftware installed into your brain, to work as a node in a distributed network using human bodies, to make a vampiric version of Heaven.

...So people when they die, the non-psychics DONT ACTUALLY KNOW THEY AREN"T IN HEAVEN, but actually in a weapon being used against The Hi-Side, aka Real Heaven

To make my point cleaner, the reason the critics and widely accepted idea about the UB/UP, being called a UFO Religion
Is because Aliens, who are Evolved Demons... The Greys to be exact, are the actual rulers of this vampire heaven. and it's like ALL crime.sexual terrorism violence,perversion all day long.
If you happen to be a male, and your preference is females, you then are a faggot, and they will make it their duty to rape you until you are "normal".
These are the ones who install negative implants in us.
I have a huge framework of neg entity tech installed in me.

they are also able to put real demons inside Christians.

I'm basically a biorobot, complete with actual biocomputer software they installed, and they use so much of my brain that I only get to use it, my own brain... when using meth amphetamine.
which is apparently a chemical compound derived from The Devil.
and it also apparently stops us from being able to DIE.

but check this out, they do Walk-ins, basically they body snatch your entire life.
They being: the Entire group. It's like a strange group of invisible things,
The JINN, DJINN, JANN, GHOUL, MARID, are all from Satan, aka Shaitan, he lives here in St Petersburg FL.
If you do some research, on where he lives, it's actually true.

He's also your JINNI.
BTW. I f figured this out after 9.5 years of Torture by this bung, You can control the weather, like i can.
and most likely you have a crystalline body, and they are going to terrorize you after you get an implant of black majik nature that will make you hear the astral plane.
and they will force you to give up your body and life to them.
DONT DO IT.

PostPosted:  

oh yeah, this one is a killer.
You by chance remember Ol Dirty illegitimate child of Wu-tang?

Go watch OG MACO - U GUESSED IT.

This is what, the entire Urantia book is about.
a total messing scam. after you get face raped by a homosexual dark entity.
aka satan. who has a huge kill list. (Florida state Treasure Map) and funds Scientology; ie the reasoning "Clearwater is where it is*"
It was BUILT by him, to make them.
To infiltrate every facet of the USG.

I've literally watched things disappear in front of me.
Have things put inside my body, them bursting my bladder in the middle of the night, felt what it's like to have brain surgery by not much more intelligent than savages.
and consequently my entire lexicon completely gone, as well as my comprehension center cut in half... to mzke me more agile and be less able to put up a resistance to them trying to make me go crazy psycho. Meaning, they want 0-666MPH, complete and total switch from normal being, to complete ULTRADEVIL.
and the effects of a huge amount of time travel, upon my entire life.

PostPosted:  

:roll: :roll: :badgrin: :badgrin: :shock: :shock: :( :( :wink: :wink: 8)

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

There are more "Finches" of varying degrees in the Urantia community than we'd like to imagine and this discussion board can't provide counseling for even well-intentioned mental illness; it's our duty to strive to keep discussions as rational as possible. Therefore Finch has been cut loose to fly away on his own.

Admin

PostPosted:  

[video]https://youtu.be/c1f7eZ8cHpM[/video]

PostPosted:  

jwatkins00 wrote:
How do you see the spread and influence of the Urantia Book taking place in the future?

When the science of the Urantia Book is proven and the Urantia Book can be credited with allowing us to avoid the disaster of ruining our atmosphere, the rest of the Urantia Book, the part that has to be taken on faith, will get a thankful look by billions of people and hearts will begin to change. When we get beyond this paradigm shift then we can get back to the long game of working out our problems as civilized people of the world without the pressure of a pending global catastrophe.

regards, gray

PostPosted:  

I beg to differ.

Global catastrophe isn't pending. It's been a global reality for two hundred thousand years.

But there is something that IS pending. The transformation of all (who live in this atmosphere) from the slavery of self into the liberty of self-mastery. Due in large part to the spreading influence of the Urantia Book.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Global catastrophe isn't pending. It's been a global reality for two hundred thousand years.

That sounds like crap to me. The only pending or eminent global disasters that have ever threatened the atmosphere and life on earth since its beginning (about 600 million years ago) up until about 200 years ago, have been large meteor strikes. At the beginning of the industrial revolution in the U.S., Americans began to move away from harvesting the direct energy from the sun, wind and life on earth, to digging into the earth and harvesting the suns energy that died and was absorbed into the ground over millions of years. Please do not spit into my mouth with your alternative facts that are clearly not true.

It is a fact that the time is right for the paradigm shift I am talking about. I think a few scientists are ready. They are at a stand still because of the present day accepted theory of creation. The new understanding starts with an ocean of ultimatons being controlled by paradise gravity. Think of the rings of Saturn with Saturn being paradise and the rings are clouds of ultimatons. Then, locally, ultimatons are pulled into creation by local or linear gravity. Very simply put, gravity and strong force create mass using ultimatons. Mass is simply concentrated ultimatons. When this level understanding of gravity and emergent energy is achieved the standard model will fit in quite nicely and we will be home free to a gravity based economy. It won't solve all of our problems but it will have a very large economic impact. Oh! I almost forgot to mention...it will save the atmosphere from a man made catastrophe.

If you want to be an ambassador for the brotherhood of man, keep an open mind and don't judge and differ with something you don't understand.

regards, gray

PostPosted:  

Hi Gray,

graybear13 wrote:
Very simply put, gravity and strong force create mass using ultimatons. Mass is simply concentrated ultimatons.

I don't think that I can agree with your statement above, exactly. Mass is charge due to rotation/respirations of the ultimatons. Polarity creates charge and mass is the consequence. Mass is due to flipping polarity. The reason that the Higgs particle has not been found is that the energies do not add up. What particle physicists are ignoring is respiration of the particle, only looking at spin, and the fact that a particle does NOT flip end over end, rather, the polarity is flipping and the energies are very much less than they are expecting or seeing in the particle accelerator.

42:4.11 ...The increase of mass in matter is equal to the increase of energy divided by the square of the velocity of light.

In order for mass to be created, the velocity of light must be decelerating. This occurs when the particle is contracting. The opposite occurs when the particle (Ultimaton) is expanding and energy is release from mass. This occurs when light velocity is accelerating. These cycles are very rapid at the quantum level but last 2 billions years in the Master Universe.

graybear13 wrote:
nodAmanaV wrote:

That sounds like crap to me.

I think that you and Enno are talking about two different levels. I think Enno is referring to the catastrophe of the Lucifer rebellion as it affected Urantia. Yes, this Caligastia betrayal eventually effected the physical plane in retarding human progress, but it was a spiritual retardation that trickled down.

graybear13 wrote:
Oh! I almost forgot to mention...it will save the atmosphere from a man made catastrophe.

Gray, can you provide reproducible science that proves that CO2 is a "greenhouse" gas"? This is the great assumption that has never been backed up by any proof. The ice age cometh cries of the early 1970s did not mention the rising CO2 levels, which BTW, is a minuscule percentage of the total atmosphere. I am surprised that you, a Urantia Book reader, is a Chicken Little backer.

graybear13 wrote:
When this level understanding of gravity and emergent energy is achieved the standard model will fit in quite nicely and we will be home free to a gravity based economy.

The Standard Model is in Hospice Care and I am doing my best to up the morphine drip. It's more enduring than the English patient or Camille. I say, "die already" so we can progress. And not a gravity based economy, but an antigravity economy. This knowledge is screaming out to us from TUB. We cannot move with God, we must move at His right hand. This is the God-son relationship. Antigravity does not oppose God, it sit at His right hand. This is the only possible way to harness His creation. We have discovered flight, antigravity, by creating vortices at the wing tips that lie at 90 degrees to the motion of the Earth.

As sons, we can only hold God's right hand. We can only sit to his right. It is a place of great honor because that is where His Will sits.

PostPosted:  

toto wrote:
I am surprised that you, a Urantia Book reader, is a Chicken Little backer

Name calling? Really? That's o.k. I've been called every name in the book over the years. :smile: :( :o :shock: :? :? 8) :x :-x :P :razz: :cry: :roll: :wink: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: O:) =; :-& :-$ :-s :-# :biggrin: :badgrin: :D :lol:

You sound like another climate change denier or maybe you just don't care. You also sound like a, deconstruct the status-quo person even if the status-quo is correct but incomplete. The Standard Model is not dying, it is very healthy up to the point were it is with experimental proof and mathematical facts defining those proofs. I agree with a lot of what you say.
Some of our differences result from differing view points; for example, I say gravity based economy because, in my view, you cannot have the antigravity effect unless you control the gravity in your area. The vortexes that ride the wings of aircraft create gravity. This gravity exerts a pull on earths gravity field creating, in affect, a bubble in the stream of ultimatons moving toward earth, hence the feeling of antigravity.

I agree that the science of the urantia Book is screaming out to us.

Walkin' down a road, I cannot see
I can hear the mornin' come.
I can hear it comin', a brand new day.
And I think I have to go.
Wakin' up.

regards gray