Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:36 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:

Why does the spirit of how you engage on this, and other forums betray that you are utterly blind to your behavior. What are you proving? Have you become what isn't true?

I, for one, appreciate Bradly's posts on this and other threads. I find his insights to be balanced, well reasoned, and always backed by direct and applicable quotes from the TUB. I cannot say this about all members of this forum, but certainly Bradly's "behavior", as you put it, has been thoughtful and congenial (although he doesn't hesitate to call out nonsense, which I always respect in a study group such as this one).

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Correction Bradly, not proactive, but provocative.

PostPosted:  

I've been waiting for you Agon.

I like Bradly's insights, yours too.

(118:8.9) Lucifer similarly sought to disrupt the time governor operating in restraint of the premature attainment of certain liberties in the local system. A local system settled in light and life has experientially achieved those viewpoints and insights which make feasible the operation of many techniques that would be disruptive and destructive in the presettled eras of that very realm.

Keep in mind, I'm not comparing you or anyone to that degenerate, Lucifer.

The essence of this topic is to address what's wrong about what's REALLY going on in our world right now. It's easy to point to the flowers and tulips found in the Urantia Book. It's much harder to go where the sun don't shine very much, or at all, and pull open the blinds.

Want to give it a try? I'm sure those who are forced to live in the dark would be happy that you are there when it happens. And it's going to happen . . .

[video]https://youtu.be/wFaoYK89QBY[/video]

Peace, Love and sunshine,
Enno

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter posted: "I, for one, appreciate Bradly's posts on this and other threads. I find his insights to be balanced, well reasoned, and always backed by direct and applicable quotes from the TUB. I cannot say this about all members of this forum, but certainly Bradly's "behavior", as you put it, has been thoughtful and congenial (although he doesn't hesitate to call out nonsense, which I always respect in a study group such as this one)."

Thanks Agon D. Onter!!! Such is my hope for sure! I love this book, these teachings, this life, this world, this universe, and the realities presented to us believers in the Papers! I find the teachings to be invigorating, inspiring, and transformational and my only hope here is to share this delight and wonder and discovery of truth, beauty, and goodness with other students and to give contrast (by text posted) to those dark views and voices which express despair and wither in the face of life's vicissitudes and the slow and painful epochal progress of this Shrine of Nebadon. Always glad for your voice.

Provocative and disruptive am I Enno? It's evidently in the eye of the beholder. I'm satisfied to allow my words here over the years speak for themselves, thank you....as will those dark and desperate voices you find so embracing. If toto is your ideal, I'm glad to provide contrast to such views and take the heat for it by those like minded ones who do not find cause for personal happiness, joy, sublime peace, and certainty in this friendly universe!

Peace and blessings to you too Enno. May your path to Paradise, here and beyond, deliver peace of mind and an enduring hope and a personal confidence to you....and to all. The true believer finds happiness and contentment in life despite all the apparent reasons not to....they're called the fruits of the spirit, the reality of the branch connected to the vine of the Spirit.

34:6.13 (381.7) The consciousness of the spirit domination of a human life is presently attended by an increasing exhibition of the characteristics of the Spirit in the life reactions of such a spirit-led mortal, “for the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.” Such spirit-guided and divinely illuminated mortals, while they yet tread the lowly paths of toil and in human faithfulness perform the duties of their earthly assignments, have already begun to discern the lights of eternal life as they glimmer on the faraway shores of another world; already have they begun to comprehend the reality of that inspiring and comforting truth, “The kingdom of God is not meat and drink but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” And throughout every trial and in the presence of every hardship, spirit-born souls are sustained by that hope which transcends all fear because the love of God is shed abroad in all hearts by the presence of the divine Spirit.

:wink: 8) :idea: :!: :biggrin:

PostPosted:  

100:2.7 (1096.4) Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: “To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?” Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

100:2.8 (1096.5) After such spiritual attainment, whether secured by gradual growth or specific crisis, there occurs a new orientation of personality as well as the development of a new standard of values. Such spirit-born individuals are so remotivated in life that they can calmly stand by while their fondest ambitions perish and their keenest hopes crash; they positively know that such catastrophes are but the redirecting cataclysms which wreck one’s temporal creations preliminary to the rearing of the more noble and enduring realities of a new and more sublime level of universe attainment.

176:3.2 (1916.2) “And even you, Thomas, fail to comprehend what I have been saying. Have I not all this time taught you that your connection with the kingdom is spiritual and individual, wholly a matter of personal experience in the spirit by the faith-realization that you are a son of God? What more shall I say? The downfall of nations, the crash of empires, the destruction of the unbelieving Jews, the end of an age, even the end of the world, what have these things to do with one who believes this gospel, and who has hid his life in the surety of the eternal kingdom? You who are God-knowing and gospel-believing have already received the assurances of eternal life. Since your lives have been lived in the spirit and for the Father, nothing can be of serious concern to you. Kingdom builders, the accredited citizens of the heavenly worlds, are not to be disturbed by temporal upheavals or perturbed by terrestrial cataclysms. What does it matter to you who believe this gospel of the kingdom if nations overturn, the age ends, or all things visible crash, since you know that your life is the gift of the Son, and that it is eternally secure in the Father? Having lived the temporal life by faith and having yielded the fruits of the spirit as the righteousness of loving service for your fellows, you can confidently look forward to the next step in the eternal career with the same survival faith that has carried you through your first and earthly adventure in sonship with God.

176:3.3 (1916.3) “Each generation of believers should carry on their work, in view of the possible return of the Son of Man, exactly as each individual believer carries forward his lifework in view of inevitable and ever-impending natural death. When you have by faith once established yourself as a son of God, nothing else matters as regards the surety of survival. But make no mistake! this survival faith is a living faith, and it increasingly manifests the fruits of that divine spirit which first inspired it in the human heart. That you have once accepted sonship in the heavenly kingdom will not save you in the face of the knowing and persistent rejection of those truths which have to do with the progressive spiritual fruit-bearing of the sons of God in the flesh. You who have been with me in the Father’s business on earth can even now desert the kingdom if you find that you love not the way of the Father’s service for mankind.

195:5.12 (2076.3) As you view the world, remember that the black patches of evil which you see are shown against a white background of ultimate good. You do not view merely white patches of good which show up miserably against a black background of evil.

195:5.13 (2076.4) When there is so much good truth to publish and proclaim, why should men dwell so much upon the evil in the world just because it appears to be a fact? The beauties of the spiritual values of truth are more pleasurable and uplifting than is the phenomenon of evil.

I wonder Enno if you dispute these teachings? "... if you find that you love not the way of the Father’s service for mankind..." It sounds Enno like you do not see, understand, appreciate, or love the way of the Father's service for mankind. Such is a pity if not uncommon.

Perhaps the evil and suffering in our world are but opportunities for believers to serve? And perhaps that service is best given by those who truly believe in the wonders, joys, and sublime peace of the true believer? Or shall we despair and warn and criticize and blame and cower in the shadow of doubt and fear? Trembling like lost children in the face of the boogey man? I wait upon your opinions as to who should be doing what to overcome evil and accelerate planetary progress....besides that which we are taught in the Papers which is to live in the spirit and to serve those we encounter on the pilgrim's path.

Thanks for the topic and discussion....very important indeed!

8)

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:

The essence of this topic is to address what's wrong about what's REALLY going on in our world right now. It's easy to point to the flowers and tulips found in the Urantia Book. It's much harder to go where the sun don't shine very much, or at all, and pull open the blinds.

Want to give it a try?

What is *really* going on in our world right now is that each and every one of us is given the prized opportunity to gain wisdom through experience. Are you aware of the extent to which super-mortal beings envy us (if they are able to feel envy, which perhaps not, but something close to it) because we have the chance to truly experience material life, with all its challenges and imperfections? As TUB tells us:

Quote:
48:7.14 (556.14) 12. The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation.

13. Stars are best discerned from the lonely isolation of experiential depths, not from the illuminated and ecstatic mountain tops.

So, no, we are not limiting our perspective to the "flowers and the tulips". We can acknowledge that growth, lasting spiritual growth, is the fruit of our hardships. It is the very reason we are here. If all we do is skip around singing Kum Ba Ya, we might enjoy our fluffy existence but we can't grow or become more Godlike unless we experience imperfection in the world and learn to overcome it using our own spiritual Will, dedicated prayer and study, and learn to love one and all as brothers. It is a daily struggle but the struggle is its own reward.

PostPosted:  

Alright then my brothers, I'll tip toe through the tulips with you, and hopefully, I'll better articulate what it all means to me.

(107:4.7) Can you really realize the true significance of the Adjuster's indwelling? Do you really fathom what it means to have an absolute fragment of the absolute and infinite Deity, the Universal Father, indwelling and fusing with your finite mortal natures? When mortal man fuses with an actual fragment of the existential Cause of the total cosmos, no limit can ever be placed upon the destiny of such an unprecedented and unimaginable partnership. In eternity, man will be discovering not only the infinity of the objective Deity but also the unending potentiality of the subjective fragment of this same God. Always will the Adjuster be revealing to the mortal personality the wonder of God, and never can this supernal revelation come to an end, for the Adjuster is of God and as God to mortal man.

Of course there's much to celebrate from the Urantia Book. But no one can enjoy anything good, in isolation, which is why I participate in these forums. All I'll say about it is that, if you are the salt, I'm more inclined to be pepper.

Let me make myself clear. No one who has taken the wild step to risk all of it to study what the Urantia Book reveals and makes its teachings the center of their lives, is a coward. All of you, as far as I'm concerned, are heroes to me. And if I ever find myself in need of defense on a battlefield, I know that anyone of you will be there at the drop of a hat to have my back, if the need were to come up, and you were there to see it.

The people of the Urantia Book community are rare. We might not agree on everything, and we'll have one thing or another that interests us more; deep down, we all have the same motivation for reaching the goal of goals.

For whatever reason, I have been focused on being sure to not overlook the plight of so many of our brothers and sisters who are trapped in the natural and usual consequences of the challenges of being mortal, combined with the often terrible results of the shortsighted actions of many people, going back meleniums.

And so are all of you too.

I always lIke how I get reminded that the best way to help someone is to see to it that I'm taking care of what I need to do first. I know that individually, I'm blessed with much. I have much to be grateful for. And I am benefiting a lot by these activities of sharing and sometimes arguing with some of you. All of you have added to my understanding and I've often adjusted my outlook based on what I've read here, and the other places, where the rare and few congregate.

When I say rare and few, I mean those who have exercised unusual courage to follow through with what is read in the revelation. And in that regard, there are many. As well as those who are courageous too, except without the benefit of having read the Urantia Book.

I wish I had more time. Got to go.

Enno

PostPosted:  

If I'm understanding where nodAmanaV is coming from, it's that we have an opportunity to really understand, at a deeper level, the unacknowledged pressures that people, citizens of nations, inhabitants of continents, potential ambassadors of the heavenly kingdom, ambassadors of other interesting places and projects all deal with in any walk of life.

Because most of us are destined to become Finaliters (hopefully) we may even begin some type of pre-training in universe administration. That first step is no doubt to begin to understand. And also to have enough co-experience with all of those in the classes above and more than those classes that we develop compassion, patience, sympathy and so forth. And certainly to begin to understand how to wisely interpret the challenges and outside factors that go into those challenges.

PostPosted:  

Riktare,
You are generous in your interpretation of nodAmanaV's views on this thread. As a reminder, this is how Enno started out with his introduction to this topic:

nodAmanaV wrote:
All media sources for accurate or truthful information regarding current events are highly questionable at the moment. Maybe they always have been. Who do you believe? What can you believe?

Are the powers of darkness feeling their doom?

Is Caligastia behind the situation manipulating everything and everybody he can?

Is Islam evil?

Are those in positions of power in politics, media, business and organized religion influencing the masses to stand against the truth?

Are we at that point where "Sin was bewitching and adventurous in the committing, but now must the harvest of the naked and unromantic facts be faced."?

Or are these times just another page in the story of how truth ultimately prevails?

(4:1.4) There is no limitation of the forces and personalities which the Father may use to uphold his purpose and sustain his creatures. "The eternal God is our refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." "Behold, he who keeps us shall neither slumber nor sleep." "We know that all things work together for good to those who love God," "for the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayers."

and just yesterday, he shared the following delightful perspective:

nodAmanaV wrote:
Brother Bradly,

This is a SICK world, full of filth. It's on this world that the God-man of Nebadon was MURDERED. Truly revolting!

If the love children of Earth want to dance in parks with flowers in their hair, go for it bro.

In case you want to be honest with us, do a word search for "warn" in the Urantia Book and let us know what you find out please.

Peace,
Enno

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Riktare,
You are generous in your interpretation of nodAmanaV's views on this thread. As a reminder, this is how Enno started out with his introduction to this topic:
nodAmanaV wrote:
All media sources for accurate or truthful information regarding current events are highly questionable at the moment. Maybe they always have been. Who do you believe? What can you believe?

Are the powers of darkness feeling their doom?

Is Caligastia behind the situation manipulating everything and everybody he can?

Is Islam evil?

Are those in positions of power in politics, media, business and organized religion influencing the masses to stand against the truth?

Are we at that point where "Sin was bewitching and adventurous in the committing, but now must the harvest of the naked and unromantic facts be faced."?

Or are these times just another page in the story of how truth ultimately prevails?

(4:1.4) There is no limitation of the forces and personalities which the Father may use to uphold his purpose and sustain his creatures. "The eternal God is our refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." "Behold, he who keeps us shall neither slumber nor sleep." "We know that all things work together for good to those who love God," "for the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayers."

and just yesterday, he shared the following delightful perspective:
nodAmanaV wrote:
Brother Bradly,

This is a SICK world, full of filth. It's on this world that the God-man of Nebadon was MURDERED. Truly revolting!

If the love children of Earth want to dance in parks with flowers in their hair, go for it bro.

In case you want to be honest with us, do a word search for "warn" in the Urantia Book and let us know what you find out please.

Peace,
Enno

"Agon D. Onter" - I ask, what is your point above? In the first sub-quote, there are many valid questions asked, and for the most part they have not been addressed, because it would seem that these questions are made invalid, based on the factor that there are no problems on this world? Or, at least no problems that the Urantia Book cannot resolve; which would be fine, if the Book itself could act by itself, without the help of its inhabitants?

In your second sub-quote, are you implying that this world is not "SICK"? Even, health-wise, we must concur that there are medical problems which require more effort in their resolution or betterment, and if "SICK" implies, mental illness, then this also would need much work in any attempt to help, at least in order to understand why this would be the case, and what might be done to correct?

PostPosted:  

Of course there are problems on this world! Of course the Urantia Book cannot "act by itself" (huh?) and requires the active participation of all of us "inhabitants". I have not seen anyone dispute these facts on this thread.

Whether the questions Enno asked are "valid" is a matter of personal opinion.

Certainly there is sickness of all kinds in the world but the world also has beauty and honor, people of integrity and wisdom. Some of those people may suffer from sicknesses of the body or even of the mind but the Urantia Book tells us that mind is over matter and spirit is over mind. Truth, Beauty and Goodness are what we seek during our time here. Focusing on sickness and "filth" serves no one. Problems exist, but as Riktare points out, we can choose to see them as "an opportunity to really understand, at a deeper level, the unacknowledged pressures that people, citizens of nations, inhabitants of continents, potential ambassadors of the heavenly kingdom, ambassadors of other interesting places and projects all deal with in any walk of life."

PostPosted:  

Also, do not forget what Paper 54 teaches us about the upside of our planetary problems.

54:6.4 (619.1) But one thing should be made clear: If you are made to suffer the evil consequences of the sin of some member of your family, some fellow citizen or fellow mortal, even rebellion in the system or elsewhere — no matter what you may have to endure because of the wrongdoing of your associates, fellows, or superiors — you may rest secure in the eternal assurance that such tribulations are transient afflictions. None of these fraternal consequences of misbehavior in the group can ever jeopardize your eternal prospects or in the least degree deprive you of your divine right of Paradise ascension and God attainment.

54:6.5 (619.2) And there is compensation for these trials, delays, and disappointments which invariably accompany the sin of rebellion. Of the many valuable repercussions of the Lucifer rebellion which might be named, I will only call attention to the enhanced careers of those mortal ascenders, the Jerusem citizens, who, by withstanding the sophistries of sin, placed themselves in line for becoming future Mighty Messengers, fellows of my own order. Every being who stood the test of that evil episode thereby immediately advanced his administrative status and enhanced his spiritual worth.

54:6.6 (619.3) At first the Lucifer upheaval appeared to be an unmitigated calamity to the system and to the universe. Gradually benefits began to accrue. With the passing of twenty-five thousand years of system time (twenty thousand years of Urantia time), the Melchizedeks began to teach that the good resulting from Lucifer’s folly had come to equal the evil incurred. The sum of evil had by that time become almost stationary, continuing to increase only on certain isolated worlds, while the beneficial repercussions continued to multiply and extend out through the universe and superuniverse, even to Havona. The Melchizedeks now teach that the good resulting from the Satania rebellion is more than a thousand times the sum of all the evil.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Brother Bradly,

Peace,
Enno

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Of course there are problems on this world! Of course it requires the Urantia Book cannot "act by itself" (huh?) and requires the active participation of all of us "inhabitants". I have not seen anyone dispute these facts.

Whether the questions Enno asked are "valid" is a matter of personal opinion.

Certainly there is sickness of all kinds in the world but the world also has beauty and honor, people of integrity and wisdom. Some of those people may suffer from sicknesses of the body or even of the mind but the Urantia Book tells us that mind is over matter and spirit is over mind. Truth, Beauty and Goodness are what we seek during our time here. Focusing on sickness and "filth" serves no one. Problems exist, but as Riktare points out, we can choose to see them as "an opportunity to really understand, at a deeper level, the unacknowledged pressures that people, citizens of nations, inhabitants of continents, potential ambassadors of the heavenly kingdom, ambassadors of other interesting places and projects all deal with in any walk of life."

Thanks again Agon D. Onter!!! BINGO!

A few reflections of my own. I agree some here are missing very important points. No one has denied the evil and sin and suffering in our world or the great many issues for improvement by evolutionary pressures and process. The existence of that which remains imperfect and imperfected by the struggles in time to evolve by individual free will choices on a world is not the point...of course there are the effects of evil and sin! Who says otherwise?

Two issues: first is the inability of some to SEE all that is true, beautiful, and good in the world - the world of yesterday and today. Was the world perfect in Jesus' day? Or Big Mac's? Or during the Garden? Hardly. Has the Spirit of Truth had any effect on our world and its rate of progress? Are we making planetary progress? Are there not billions of people alive today quickened by the Spirit to share with and care about one another? Is my family the only loving family? Hardly.

Even primitive minds like Andon and Fonta's respond to the Spirit within. No matter how primitive, ignorant, misguided, or material minded anyone is, they are also subject to the conspiracy of spirit forces - we all share our dual natures. And even the most primitive of peoples attempt to explain the material life in super-material (read spiritual) languages and understanding. Yes, the most primitive of minds is having a 'response' to the inherent yearning within - the hunger and thirst for understanding and coming to know the Spirit within. Those who believe in the Gospel OF Jesus (the Jesusonian Gospel in the Bible) and most especially those who believe the teachings in the FER, know that God loves and God rules!

I see the same world as Enno (Menno I wonder?) and yet I see two worlds becoming one through the Epochs. Enno sees but one - the filthy, SICK world that murdered the Master Son of our universe. It's all bad all the time. How sad for him and far all who are so blind and myopic in their disappointment with God and their impatience in time for their own preferences and indulgences. Enno wants/demands an answer and a material result for his own dark and narrow perspective. Given the story of our world and the universe and our place in that universe, I am baffled how some cannot see anything but darkness on a world filled with light and love...far more so than with sin. Oh, the sin is there. But are there 99% sinful people or just 1% who are truly self important, self serving folks in power and control of institutions whose evil and sin visit suffering and repercussion upon the 99% ?

Enno seeks confession and contrition of an entire world all at once. A fantasy. No one may destroy free will. People must choose their way to L&L....all people over time, one at a time, in their own generation, and by serving others in that brief life and must do so regardless of the time or situation or place in which they are here so briefly. We are each to stand in a holy place and present the fruits of the Spirit upon our daily walk....and many do so today. The measures of epochal progress are numerous and obvious; the trajectory of evolution cannot be denied or missed by any but the most blind and closed of minds.

And yet (second point), even if Enno's horrific perspective were correct (and it's not), then how are we to act? And help? I have posted many such instructions from the Master. Enno ignores them. The sky is not falling, the end is not at hand. If there is such a thing as the "correcting time", it begins with the first minds on a world to become mortal/human and does not end until the final stage of L&L, a million or two years later! That's the point....the mortal epochs are the evolutionary times when progress is delivered and prior errors are corrected - by experience, wisdom, and free will.

Blindness and impatience. Or, more correctly, ignorance of reality leading to false conclusions and anxieties.

There is no excuse for embracing and imbibing the mind poisons for a believer. Is God great? Is God good? Does Jesus love us? Is there purpose, power, and plan to God's eternal ministries of love and truth, beauty, and goodness? Who cannot find, see, enjoy, appreciate, and embrace the love, truth, beauty, and goodness that can be found anywhere in the world everyday? And despite all sickness, sadness, suffering, etc.?

Enno's worries and teeth gnashing do nothing to identify, serve, or solve the problems he sees. Indeed, such minds and choices serve the darkness and doubts and fears he loathes so much. Not helping or solving but adding to the darkness.

Our opportunity is to deliver light where it is needed...and that is everywhere we are all the time we're there. Our challenge is to progress in the Spirit and grow our light and our wisdom and our capacity to serve as we walk by. If we accept the challenge, then God will do the rest....or so I understand.

Still interesting! 8)

PostPosted:  

Quote:
If we accept the challenge, then God will do the rest....or so I understand.

Or rather "God will lead the way". Our contribution may not necessarily be passive.

PostPosted:  

Bradly, I think you would like to kill me.

When I said it's a sick world, I was referring to the world as an organism, taken as a whole.

Let's compare Urantia with a human being.

Sometimes human beings get sick, say cancer. Today we have medical tools to bring someone suffering from disease back to health. Doctors operate to remove the sickness, the material filth of the body. Or else the person will die.

I used the word filth for emphasis, perhaps it's not the best term to use.

From my perspective the planet is diseased like a human being can be sometimes and requires an operation in order to survive.

The Urantia Book, in my opinion, provides guidance to develop an understanding about the disease Urantia suffers from.

But the planet and all that lives on its surface may be sicker than we think. Perhaps beyond repair.

Look at what the dis-ease did to the Master.

That definitely wasn't normal nor was it God's will that he experience death that way.

It was Jesus' destiny to leave this world and return to his place on high. I'm sure you'll all agree, his dematerialization ought to have been accomplished by other means.

Isn't it interesting that the revelators provided us readers with a little comfort regarding our en masse departure to another world in case the Caligastia dis-ease of the planet is fatal to Urantia.

(51:2.3) While there is this dematerializing technique for preparing the Adams for transit from Jerusem to the evolutionary worlds, there is no equivalent method for taking them away from such worlds unless the entire planet is to be emptied, in which event emergency installation of the dematerialization technique is made for the entire salvable population. If some physical catastrophe should doom the planetary residence of an evolving race, the Melchizedeks and the Life Carriers would install the technique of dematerialization for all survivors, and by seraphic transport these beings would be carried away to the new world prepared for their continuing existence. The evolution of a human race, once initiated on a world of space, must proceed quite independently of the physical survival of that planet, but during the evolutionary ages it is not otherwise intended that a Planetary Adam or Eve shall leave their chosen world.

Riktare wrote:
If I'm understanding where nodAmanaV is coming from, it's that we have an opportunity to really understand, at a deeper level, the unacknowledged pressures that people, citizens of nations, inhabitants of continents, potential ambassadors of the heavenly kingdom, ambassadors of other interesting places and projects all deal with in any walk of life.

Because most of us are destined to become Finaliters (hopefully) we may even begin some type of pre-training in universe administration. That first step is no doubt to begin to understand. And also to have enough co-experience with all of those in the classes above and more than those classes that we develop compassion, patience, sympathy and so forth. And certainly to begin to understand how to wisely interpret the challenges and outside factors that go into those challenges.

Riktare, I like very much how you've articulated exactly what my purpose for starting this topic is all about.

We have an opportunity here, and only now, to align ourselves for all future existence by the degree that we set up the trajectory of our lives, and not allow what's really going on in our world right now, to distract us.

If we miss calculate (think of a rocket blasting off to the moon for example) the angle of trajectory, say by half a degree, we will end up far from our potential desired destination. As the distance and time of travel increases, the further we'll end up away from were we could've been, and perhaps less likely to be of service, in all the eternal future.

This is why in order to get the angle right, it's important to be sure not to miss the moment when the trajectory must be set up, and instead, find ourselves fiddling around with the Urantia Book.

[video]https://youtu.be/_eQQKVKjifQ[/video]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next