Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:03 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
PostPosted:  

The wisest of all mortals once said:

156:5.12 (1739.7) Kingdom believers should possess an implicit faith, a whole-souled belief, in the certain triumph of righteousness. Kingdom builders must be undoubting of the truth of the gospel of eternal salvation. Believers must increasingly learn how to step aside from the rush of life — escape the harassments of material existence — while they refresh the soul, inspire the mind, and renew the spirit by worshipful communion.

156:5.13 (1739.8) God-knowing individuals are not discouraged by misfortune or downcast by disappointment. Believers are immune to the depression consequent upon purely material upheavals; spirit livers are not perturbed by the episodes of the material world. Candidates for eternal life are practitioners of an invigorating and constructive technique for meeting all of the vicissitudes and harassments of mortal living. Every day a true believer lives, he finds it easier to do the right thing.

156:5.14 (1740.1) Spiritual living mightily increases true self-respect. But self-respect is not self-admiration. Self-respect is always co-ordinate with the love and service of one’s fellows. It is not possible to respect yourself more than you love your neighbor; the one is the measure of the capacity for the other.

156:5.15 (1740.2) As the days pass, every true believer becomes more skillful in alluring his fellows into the love of eternal truth. Are you more resourceful in revealing goodness to humanity today than you were yesterday? Are you a better righteousness recommender this year than you were last year? Are you becoming increasingly artistic in your technique of leading hungry souls into the spiritual kingdom?

I find section 5 of Paper 156 one of my most enduring favorite pages in the Papers! How often did Jesus teach us to worry and wonder at the material problems of a material world? How confident are we as believers in the ultimate and inevitable triumph of the Most Highs is delivering our world through the Mortal Epochs into Light and Life? Because THAT is what's really going on in our world right now.

8) :idea: :!: :wink: :biggrin:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I wonder how much the emergence and proliferation of the beta male has affected "What really, is going on in our world right now?"

Ever hear of the term "beta male"?

Are you a beta male? Do you wish your life was different because you are unhappy with the life you are living? Keep reading to find out if you are a beta male. The world is populated by beta males.

Here's a link to the full article on the subject: http://tobealpha.com/what-is-a-beta-male/

(170:3.2) Though Jesus taught that faith, simple childlike belief, is the key to the door of the kingdom, he also taught that, having entered the door, there are the progressive steps of righteousness which every believing child must ascend in order to grow up to the full stature of the robust sons of God.

PostPosted:  

You think the world's problems are a result of emasculation? I would counter the world's problems are far more a result of insidious misogyny....and the me first and right now attitudes of immature, selfish, and unkind people of the world whether alpha, beta, meta, urban cowboy or whatever shallow temp-pop-psychology is the excuse dujour for bad results from bad choices.

An odd post and query.... :roll: .....and robust "sons of God" include women too you know....I wonder what their excuse for bad choices might be? Are we all to be categorized thusly? Strange dude.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
(160:4.14) Success may generate courage and promote confidence, but wisdom comes only from the experiences of adjustment to the results of one's failures. Men who prefer optimistic illusions to reality can never become wise. Only those who face facts and adjust them to ideals can achieve wisdom. Wisdom embraces both the fact and the ideal and therefore saves its devotees from both of those barren extremes of philosophy—the man whose idealism excludes facts and the materialist who is devoid of spiritual outlook. Those timid souls who can only keep up the struggle of life by the aid of continuous false illusions of success are doomed to suffer failure and experience defeat as they ultimately awaken from the dream world of their own imaginations.

While I would not presume to consider the Urantia Book's use of "optimistic illusions" as referring directly to its explanations of the ages of Light and Life, I wonder if Bradley's use of such as well as the general school of thought that we are approaching Light and Life is a different story. It seems to me the revelation, and more certainly my personal experience, teaches us to learn to deal even the most mundane of life's challenges while we keep our focus on our personal goal of becoming truly God conscious. More specifically consider that Jesus brought this point home when he made Peter divert his focus from what he wanted (talking with Jesus) so he could fish to pay a tax.

Additionally, since a legitimate case can be made for the onset of Light and Life being thousands or even hundreds of thousands of generations in the future, holding on to that as any kind of real goal seems little more than a dream. What we as individuals are tasked with is much more rudimentary and tedious, namely the spiritual growth of our own souls as we traverse the minefields we daily discover here on 606.

And Brad, calling your brother "strange dude" only reveals your own bias. I feel certain that Jesus would not have tolerated such comments among his group. You can do better than name calling.

Jim

PostPosted:  

Gee Jim...that was "strange" too...dude. I didn't call nod any names...except dude. The "strange" was the post and the pop-psycho babble link.

You think, and said, I'm one who suffers from optimistic illusions? And do not engage in life? Not a realist and clueless? Really?!

What I have said is we're engaged in planetary, evolutionary progress through the Mortal Epochs....and have been for about a million years so far here on Urrantia. So, whenever L&L comes in the distant future we're a million years closer than we started! It'll take the time you suggest I agree....a long, long time yet. But believers are charged with creating L&L in THIS life we live here and now, no matter when now or where here is. Shall we lament the lack of perfection and the slow evolutionary process of time? Shall we obsess with every dark patch and cloud or rejoice in the Light that shines all around?

I'll let the words of the Master speak to what the Father's business is...for me, for us, and for every generation. Personally, I love this life and do not claim any of it to be "mundane" at all. Life is an adventure filled every day with intersections of choices to discover and express the joys of living and to see the hand of the Most Highs as they minister to our world and lead/guide us forward collectively toward our planetary destiny.

I am neither indifferent to the challenges of mortal life or the suffering of those I love and those around our world and that is why we are to be in service, loving service upon this short journey, helping others as we can, sharing burdens, lifting loads, and adding hope, confidence, expectations, joy, and optimism to others around us.

Those who see only the dark patches and despair in the moment lack vision and any perspective of reality, blinded by anxieties and blame and impatience. Hardly leaders of faith and sublime peace. There is no fruit on such a vine...or only bitter fruit lacking substance and truth. Let the pagans and nonbelievers fear what's going on in the world today if they wish.....but a student of this Revelation should quiver with anticipation for what's happening now and what's happening next and should readily and clearly see the march of "what's really happening" through the mortal epochs of time.

Thanks for psychoanalysis there Jim...and cold shower of how bad life is truly....optimistic illusions indeed. Rather that than depressed, pessimistic delusions. But the fact is I consider myself to be a realist who is thrilled by reality and have no anxieties about my future or that of Urantia. I see no need to tell others what they should or should not do except to seek and find the Light within and to not fear whatever is feared....and I doubt optimism should be so feared. Fear comes from illusion, the illusions of non-reality. Courage! Faith! Fear Not!

More from Rodan:

160:4.15 (1780.1) And it is in this business of facing failure and adjusting to defeat that the far-reaching vision of religion exerts its supreme influence. Failure is simply an educational episode — a cultural experiment in the acquirement of wisdom — in the experience of the God-seeking man who has embarked on the eternal adventure of the exploration of a universe. To such men defeat is but a new tool for the achievement of higher levels of universe reality.

160:4.16 (1780.2) The career of a God-seeking man may prove to be a great success in the light of eternity, even though the whole temporal-life enterprise may appear as an overwhelming failure, provided each life failure yielded the culture of wisdom and spirit achievement. Do not make the mistake of confusing knowledge, culture, and wisdom. They are related in life, but they represent vastly differing spirit values; wisdom ever dominates knowledge and always glorifies culture.

And the Master talks about what 'should' be "going on" - was the Master an optimist? Indeed he was!!

150:5.3 (1682.5) “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection. By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek. All down through the ages has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.”

Always loved this:

32:5.7 (365.3) There is in the mind of God a plan which embraces every creature of all his vast domains, and this plan is an eternal purpose of boundless opportunity, unlimited progress, and endless life. And the infinite treasures of such a matchless career are yours for the striving!

32:5.8 (365.4) The goal of eternity is ahead! The adventure of divinity attainment lies before you! The race for perfection is on! whosoever will may enter, and certain victory will crown the efforts of every human being who will run the race of faith and trust, depending every step of the way on the leading of the indwelling Adjuster and on the guidance of that good spirit of the Universe Son, which so freely has been poured out upon all flesh.

I suggest everyone join the eternal adventure...all is well on the path to Paradise!

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
But believers are charged with creating L&L in THIS life we live here and now, no matter when now or where here is.

Does this "creating" not begin with the person in the mirror?

fanofVan wrote:
Shall we lament the lack of perfection and the slow evolutionary process of time? Shall we obsess with every dark patch and cloud or rejoice in the Light that shines all around?

How else are we to show mercy?

140:3.17 "You are commissioned to save men, not to judge them. At the end of your earth life you will all expect mercy; therefore do I require of you during your mortal life that you show mercy to all of your brethren in the flesh. Make not the mistake of trying to pluck a mote out of your brother's eye when there is a beam in your own eye. Having first cast the beam out of your own eye, you can the better see to cast the mote out of your brother's eye.

fanofVan wrote:
Personally, I love this life and do not claim any of it to be "mundane" at all.

Then you say...

fanofVan wrote:
I am neither indifferent to the challenges of mortal life or the suffering of those I love and those around our world and that is why we are to be in service, loving service upon this short journey, helping others as we can, sharing burdens, lifting loads, and adding hope, confidence, expectations, joy, and optimism to others around us.

Do you have earthly concerns or not? How do you define "mundane", Bradly? Have you removed the beam from your eye so that you could add hope, confidence, joy and optimism to others around you?

fanofVan wrote:
Those who see only the dark patches and despair in the moment lack vision and any perspective of reality, blinded by anxieties and blame and impatience. Hardly leaders of faith and sublime peace. There is no fruit on such a vine...or only bitter fruit lacking substance and truth.

Who appointed you Judge?

And the Master said to the apostles...

"You are commissioned to save men, not to judge them."

fanofVan wrote:
Gee Jim...that was "strange" too...dude. I didn't call nod any names...except dude. The "strange" was the post and the pop-psycho babble link.

So, Bradly, you excuse yourself regarding nod and you then divert your judgment to a link. But with Jim, there is no such diversion to a non person. Are you judging Jim as being "strange"? Do you consider a brother a stranger?

Last edited by toto on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
[. . .]
What I have said is we're engaged in planetary, evolutionary progress through the Mortal Epochs....and have been for about a million years so far here on Urrantia. So, whenever L&L comes in the distant future we're a million years closer than we started! It'll take the time you suggest I agree....a long, long time yet. But believers are charged with creating L&L in THIS life we live here and now, no matter when now or where here is. Shall we lament the lack of perfection and the slow evolutionary process of time? Shall we obsess with every dark patch and cloud or rejoice in the Light that shines all around?

I'll let the words of the Master speak to what the Father's business is...for me, for us, and for every generation. Personally, I love this life and do not claim any of it to be "mundane" at all. Life is an adventure filled every day with intersections of choices to discover and express the joys of living and to see the hand of the Most Highs as they minister to our world and lead/guide us forward collectively toward our planetary destiny.

Those who see only the dark patches and despair in the moment lack vision and any perspective of reality, blinded by anxieties and blame and impatience. Hardly leaders of faith and sublime peace. There is no fruit on such a vine...or only bitter fruit lacking substance and truth. Let the pagans and nonbelievers fear what's going on in the world today if they wish.....but a student of this Revelation should quiver with anticipation for what's happening now and what's happening next and should readily and clearly see the march of "what's really happening" through the mortal epochs of time.
[. . .]
I suggest everyone join the eternal adventure...all is well on the path to Paradise!

"fanofVan", to some degree I can see what others may see in your responses, specifically in some of the areas indicated above, where it appears that there are no problems other than what we make for ourselves, however we are not yet, all of us, ready to "join the eternal adventure" because not "all is well on the path to Paradise", because we are currently living on this world which has problems that can be corrected if we just put our minds to it to fix them, even if it means to fix them one person at a time, who we find to be abused, no fault of their own. I've known you long enough, that you also would put a back seat to self needs in order to help others but that, seems to be the point in question here, in that you paint a rosy picture where there is non to be found for some who live in those "dark patches" and have no way out of them in order to see the light from their desperation. One must look and even go into those "dark patches" in order to find those who are in need of service, where we are told that this is our mission as followers of Jesus' teachings. I know that you are of this same belief, but your writings sometimes imply that the responsibility is not ours to be concerned with because all that these others need is to find and see the truth.

The truth is that there are individuals, and those who they must support, who cannot find their way out of this darkness because there are some who even today, use their misguided understanding of Jesus' teaching to keep them captive through oppression of what they themselves have been taught from childhood and where the abused become abusers to others. I know of many who have been living in this type of environment and I'm doing whatever possible to bring them out of this oppression. Therefore, I know that you are willing to help these individuals also, but presenting them with a philosophy from a Book or Book's is not what they need in order to help them see the light outside of those "dark patches" they live in.

PostPosted:  

Whenever one or another of the Father's messengers appeared on the scene to proclaim the good news of his love for us and our destinies with him, they ALWAYS accompanied and peppered their message of hope and faith with warnings, and criticisms of the people. Which oftentimes, ended up with them being killed.

It's interesting; today the message has come to us via a non-perishable book.

That some of those, who study it, and even go so far as to involve themselves in discussing their viewpoints on forums like this one, keep ignoring the warnings and criticisms and insist on dismissing ALL the black patches of evil that exist in the world and pretend that the white background is the only thing that matters, isn't strange; it's how advancing civilization is evolving at this point, like it has before, killing those who dare to be uncompromising with the reality of what's REALLY going on.

It would be better to get with the program, rather than continuing to identify oneself sitting, as a part of the problem.

Who can forget the thoughts that were prompted when these words of warning were first read?

"Whosoever shall save his life shall lose it, but whosoever shall lose his life for the sake of the kingdom, shall find it."

And do you remember what you thought when you read the following, written by a resident Life Carrier, for the first time?

(64:7.20) The struggles of these early ages were characterized by courage, bravery, and even heroism. And we all regret that so many of those sterling and rugged traits of your early ancestors have been lost to the later-day races. While we appreciate the value of many of the refinements of advancing civilization, we miss the magnificent persistency and superb devotion of your early ancestors, which oftentimes bordered on grandeur and sublimity.

PostPosted:  

Thanks Midi for your measured and reasonable reply. I understand your points. Yes, the world is filled with so many forms of suffering, tragedy, grief, and true loss and much of it is due to societal failures in families, communities, nations, institutions, etc.....the repercussions of sin in time are certainly real enough,

My own life is certainly attended well by uncertainty, disappointment, frustration. failure and a heavy dose of vicissitudes along the edges of conflict. I have survived to a much greater age than expected and have no material wealth or security and have experienced many of the challenges, trials, and pain of the mortal life of my time. Thus, my lack of indifference and a great empathy upon my daily walk. My family, community, and daily work keep me fully engaged in a robust life.

While I do not come from or now enjoy privilege and ease, I do come from a family and tribe filled with love, humor, and independent thinkers. The story of the Good Samaritan and the Good Shepherd and the Little Children have been cherished lessons since my early youth. And so have the lessons by Christ regarding our position as God's beloved children, eternal life, and the priorities to seek first the kingdom and to seek the Spirit within and that doing so would deliver peace of mind, the eternal view, and indescribable joy....the fruits of the Spirit. In this manner, I did indeed live a life of privilege....life itself is such and I am most grateful for it!

The Papers present a far more detailed panorama of the universe and our place in it and also teaches that nothing is to be gained by doubts, fears, anxieties, anger, hate, greed, selfishness....or any of the mind poisons....they are called mind "poisons" for very good reasons....and some who post here consume and feed others a very steady diet of such poisons. A foul feast for all, especially so UB students at a UB study group like this one.

Let us find that text which teaches us to worry and regret and lament....and that which teaches nod to endlessly worry about what others are or are not doing and endlessly claiming that students of truth are not also students of living and transferring the seat of identity in their life. Let the worriers worry and the anxious be fearful and the demanding be demanding...and those who feast on mind poisons...may they find that for which they seek.

8)

PostPosted:  

Bradly,

Why do you so consistently get all worked up when the big picture of the Urantia Book is brought to your attention? Please don't take it all so personal, getting angry.

Going fishing to pay a tax is a part of life and I know you're a pretty good fisherman who can make short work of it.

Enno

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
[. . .]
I understand your points. Yes, the world is filled with so many forms of suffering, tragedy, grief, and true loss and much of it is due to societal failures in families, communities, nations, institutions, etc.....the repercussions of sin in time are certainly real enough,
[. . .]

I know you understand "fanofVan", but there are many more issues other than "failures in families, communities, nations, institutions, etc..." where even today our politicians use these same "failures" to get put into office, then look only towards what they can benefit from through their office titles, and become the oppressors, in office in order to keep that which they have stolen in trust. The problem is not that one needs to teach a man how to fish, so much as it is that sometimes they just need to be given a fish to eat, even if for an extended period of time, because they live in a desert without water to fish from. Jesus' life is such an example where He gave of Himself without question as to whether someone was worthy or even able to understand why He taught and lived His life as He did, because He put Himself below all others, and saw that His mercy was most needed, specifically to those who otherwise showed indifference to His teachings. It is this lack of mercy from those who feel that some others are not worthy of receiving it, because they are different one from another, that seems to be the issue today in this world. Why must someone follow the same God, before they deserve our compassion and service? Is it because those without mercy are too perfect to understand that not everyone has received the same in order to survive, and that those who have been treated as different or ill, have been made so by those who assume themselves perfect because of the opportunities they took advantage of at the time. So, would it not be better to indicate or present words which would show or explain how someone can become the least in the eyes of Jesus, where at the same time being greatest to others who are the most in need. What can we do to emulate Jesus' life in ourselves, so as to be like Him, today?

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Bradly,

Why do you so consistently get all worked up when the big picture of the Urantia Book is brought to your attention? Please don't take it all so personal, getting angry.

Going fishing to pay a tax is a part of life and I know you're a pretty good fisherman who can make short work of it.

Enno

So, my problem is the inability to see or discuss the "big picture"? Interesting claim. And is the beta-male part of this big picture? Who's angry? What do you think I am "ignoring"?

And did Jesus teach us or the Apostles to give "warnings, and criticisms of the people"? Please post that instruction.

The big picture is a panorama of time and evolutionary struggle and progress. On our world, the tale is a million years long. For the past 2000 years, Urantia has had all the Spirit ministries in full force and has made stupendous progress in the epochal march of time. L&L is inevitable. Each of us is provided time as mortals to begin Circle progress and to help our world by our choices and priorities for the very brief time we are here.

"Warning" connotes a fear based perspective. "Criticism" implies superiority of those doing the criticizing of others. I look forward to discussing the UB's teachings on warnings, fear, criticism, and superiority for believers. I think I can see the big picture and am quite confident in the future....my own, yours, and our planet's as well in the teachings we are given. I know that disappointment, blame (criticism), anxiety in the moment, and fear for the future are signs of immaturity and impatience.

118:1.3 (1295.3) There is a direct relationship between maturity and the unit of time consciousness in any given intellect. The time unit may be a day, a year, or a longer period, but inevitably it is the criterion by which the conscious self evaluates the circumstances of life, and by which the conceiving intellect measures and evaluates the facts of temporal existence.

118:1.4 (1295.4) Experience, wisdom, and judgment are the concomitants of the lengthening of the time unit in mortal experience. As the human mind reckons backward into the past, it is evaluating past experience for the purpose of bringing it to bear on a present situation. As mind reaches out into the future, it is attempting to evaluate the future significance of possible action. And having thus reckoned with both experience and wisdom, the human will exercises judgment-decision in the present, and the plan of action thus born of the past and the future becomes existent.

118:1.5 (1295.5) In the maturity of the developing self, the past and future are brought together to illuminate the true meaning of the present. As the self matures, it reaches further and further back into the past for experience, while its wisdom forecasts seek to penetrate deeper and deeper into the unknown future. And as the conceiving self extends this reach ever further into both past and future, so does judgment become less and less dependent on the momentary present. In this way does decision-action begin to escape from the fetters of the moving present, while it begins to take on the aspects of past-future significance.

118:1.6 (1295.6) Patience is exercised by those mortals whose time units are short; true maturity transcends patience by a forbearance born of real understanding.

118:1.7 (1295.7) To become mature is to live more intensely in the present, at the same time escaping from the limitations of the present. The plans of maturity, founded on past experience, are coming into being in the present in such manner as to enhance the values of the future.

118:1.8 (1295.8) The time unit of immaturity concentrates meaning-value into the present moment in such a way as to divorce the present of its true relationship to the not-present — the past-future. The time unit of maturity is proportioned so to reveal the co-ordinate relationship of past-present-future that the self begins to gain insight into the wholeness of events, begins to view the landscape of time from the panoramic perspective of broadened horizons, begins perhaps to suspect the nonbeginning, nonending eternal continuum, the fragments of which are called time.

8)

PostPosted:  

Brother Bradly,

This is a SICK world, full of filth. It's on this world that the God-man of Nebadon was MURDERED. Truly revolting!

If the love children of Earth want to dance in parks with flowers in their hair, go for it bro.

In case you want to be honest with us, do a word search for "warn" in the Urantia Book and let us know what you find out please.

Peace,
Enno

PostPosted:  

Enno says: "Brother Bradly,

This is a SICK world, full of filth. It's on this world that the God-man of Nebadon was MURDERED. Truly revolting!

If the love children of Earth want to dance in parks with flowers in their hair, go for it bro.

In case you want to be honest with us, do a word search for "warn" in the Urantia Book and let us know what you find out please.

Peace,
Enno"

Yes Enno....it is easy to see your perspective is dark and narrow and filled with fear, anxiety, criticism, blame, impatience, anger, disappointment, and superiority while being so blind to progress and the billions of lighted souls around our world who seek truth, beauty, goodness, love, and light....and do so despite all the worldly ills and tragedy showing compassion, mercy, tenderness, forgiveness, longsuffering, patience, and faith in God's power, purpose, and plan. Your blindness to all of this is telling....it's all black and spooky and horrible for all such immature souls feeding on the mind poisons. The whole world sucks, except for you? If that's your bag, gorge on it till it chokes you if you so choose, that's up to you.

Your disgust at the Shrine of Nebadon and your dismissal of the forces of good and progress are all too apparent and contradicts directly the contents of the Papers by such perspective. Unfortunate. But for those believers who can hear and see the "big picture", there is much to celebrate and anticipate in this brief life. What a sad view you wish to share here with students of the 5th Epochal Revelation.

Here's a link to a word search for warn OR warning, about 80% of which is Jesus warning the Apostles about his own death, the mobs or rejection they are about to encounter and which will kill most of them, warnings to the wolves in sheep's clothing and the priesthood, and warnings about their limited perspective of the "big picture" and their own fears and pride. An excellent study indeed.

http://www.urantia.org/search/book_sear ... %20warning

By the way, nothing happened to Jesus that he did not allow and know in full measure what his own actions would likely lead to and he knew about it for months, if not years, before the treachery. You think Him weak, naïve, blind, or stupid - a victim? The World of the Cross exemplifies and illuminates the love of God and the love of the Son for each of us and is a noble emblem for a whole universe and this symbol was chosen by Michael ultimately....he was no mere victim...he is creator, brother, protector, savior, and example of truth and love and Jesus had the full power of Master Son when he laid down his own life to take it up again as an enduring example to an entire universe! "The triumph of the death on the cross..."!!!!

Are we to see the world today through the eyes, love, patience, and mercy of Jesus and God? Or shall we all slit our throats in despair per Enno's so called vision of this Shrine of Nebadon and World of the Cross? I love life and choose hope and faith over fear and loathing in EnnoLand. Your posts sound more and more like the MannyFesto's suspicions and dark view of this friendly universe delivered by toto/manny/loucol, JohnnyBones, etc. of the MannyFesto Choir! Have you been listening to your cousin again? You have claimed the UB to be a Dangerous Book....I think it is your perspective that is most dangerous and your lack of perspective of the reality of what's going on in our world right now is simple blindness combined with fear IMO. But hey....carry on.

188:5.1 (2017.9) The cross of Jesus portrays the full measure of the supreme devotion of the true shepherd for even the unworthy members of his flock. It forever places all relations between God and man upon the family basis. God is the Father; man is his son. Love, the love of a father for his son, becomes the central truth in the universe relations of Creator and creature — not the justice of a king which seeks satisfaction in the sufferings and punishment of the evil-doing subject.

188:5.2 (2018.1) The cross forever shows that the attitude of Jesus toward sinners was neither condemnation nor condonation, but rather eternal and loving salvation. Jesus is truly a savior in the sense that his life and death do win men over to goodness and righteous survival. Jesus loves men so much that his love awakens the response of love in the human heart. Love is truly contagious and eternally creative. Jesus’ death on the cross exemplifies a love which is sufficiently strong and divine to forgive sin and swallow up all evil-doing. Jesus disclosed to this world a higher quality of righteousness than justice — mere technical right and wrong. Divine love does not merely forgive wrongs; it absorbs and actually destroys them. The forgiveness of love utterly transcends the forgiveness of mercy. Mercy sets the guilt of evil-doing to one side; but love destroys forever the sin and all weakness resulting therefrom. Jesus brought a new method of living to Urantia. He taught us not to resist evil but to find through him a goodness which effectually destroys evil. The forgiveness of Jesus is not condonation; it is salvation from condemnation. Salvation does not slight wrongs; it makes them right. True love does not compromise nor condone hate; it destroys it. The love of Jesus is never satisfied with mere forgiveness. The Master’s love implies rehabilitation, eternal survival. It is altogether proper to speak of salvation as redemption if you mean this eternal rehabilitation.

188:5.3 (2018.2) Jesus, by the power of his personal love for men, could break the hold of sin and evil. He thereby set men free to choose better ways of living. Jesus portrayed a deliverance from the past which in itself promised a triumph for the future. Forgiveness thus provided salvation. The beauty of divine love, once fully admitted to the human heart, forever destroys the charm of sin and the power of evil.

188:5.4 (2018.3) The sufferings of Jesus were not confined to the crucifixion. In reality, Jesus of Nazareth spent upward of twenty-five years on the cross of a real and intense mortal existence. The real value of the cross consists in the fact that it was the supreme and final expression of his love, the completed revelation of his mercy.

188:5.5 (2018.4) On millions of inhabited worlds, tens of trillions of evolving creatures who may have been tempted to give up the moral struggle and abandon the good fight of faith, have taken one more look at Jesus on the cross and then have forged on ahead, inspired by the sight of God’s laying down his incarnate life in devotion to the unselfish service of man.

188:5.6 (2018.5) The triumph of the death on the cross is all summed up in the spirit of Jesus’ attitude toward those who assailed him. He made the cross an eternal symbol of the triumph of love over hate and the victory of truth over evil when he prayed, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” That devotion of love was contagious throughout a vast universe; the disciples caught it from their Master. The very first teacher of his gospel who was called upon to lay down his life in this service, said, as they stoned him to death, “Lay not this sin to their charge.”

8)

PostPosted:  

Louis has gone through this exercise with you countless times. But I'll do it this time for your benefit Bradly, my obstinate brother.

I'll post the following quote based on the utter transparency of your continuing behavior of being deliberately proactive and disruptive, solely because an idea or perspective is not in agreement with yours, which of course, is superior.

(163:6.6) And now, while I would not quench your spirit of rejoicing, I would sternly warn you against the subtleties of pride, spiritual pride

(140:8.5) He never ceased to warn his disciples against the evil practice of retaliation; he made no allowance for revenge, the idea of getting even.

Why does the spirit of how you engage on this, and other forums betray that you are utterly blind to your behavior. What are you proving? Have you become what isn't true?

(139:2.3) Simon Peter was a man of impulse, an optimist. He had grown up permitting himself freely to indulge strong feelings; he was constantly getting into difficulties because he persisted in speaking without thinking. This sort of thoughtlessness also made incessant trouble for all of his friends and associates and was the cause of his receiving many mild rebukes

Peace and Love Bradly,
Enno

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next