Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:25 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted:  

Louis,
I think you and I are mostly in agreement. Personally, I do not believe that I have to give up the life I have made for the eternal life that God offers us. The reason I feel this way is because I am consciously striving to reach for higher wisdom while here on Urantia. We don't have to give up our material experiences in order to qualify for eternal life. If we live in faith and exemplify brotherly love to our fellows, our material experiences will *add to* our eternal progress. And when I have trouble doing this as an agondonter, I can:

Quote:
48:6.26 (553.7) Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well.

However, I see your point about needing to minimize our ego while increasing our soul growth. But remember, even that must be done with care:

Quote:
103:2.10 (1131.9) Man tends to identify the urge to be self-serving with his ego — himself. In contrast he is inclined to identify the will to be altruistic with some influence outside himself — God. And indeed is such a judgment right, for all such nonself desires do actually have their origin in the leadings of the indwelling Thought Adjuster, and this Adjuster is a fragment of God. The impulse of the spirit Monitor is realized in human consciousness as the urge to be altruistic, fellow-creature minded. At least this is the early and fundamental experience of the child mind. When the growing child fails of personality unification, the altruistic drive may become so overdeveloped as to work serious injury to the welfare of the self. A misguided conscience can become responsible for much conflict, worry, sorrow, and no end of human unhappiness.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Personally, I do not believe that I have to give up the life I have made for the eternal life that God offers us.

Perhaps not all at once, but we all must give up this life eventually and this is accomplished incrementally by tossing away the black pixels one at a time. This is the black patches of evil we have made through free will, that is not the white background of God's creation.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
The reason I feel this way is because I am consciously striving to reach for higher wisdom while here on Urantia. We don't have to give up our material experiences in order to qualify for eternal life.

This is true, but it not wealth that defiles us, it is the love of wealth that keeps us from the Kingdom. We cannot serve two Masters. Jesus was very clear on this. Our striving provides for incremental growth, not by progressing through a gray scale, but by consciously tossing aside the dark patches, revealing more of the white background.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
If we live in faith and exemplify brotherly love to our fellows, our material experiences will *add to* our eternal progress.

Of course this is true, we live in a material universe. But we cannot cling to this material universe because we are of spirit destiny.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Quote:
48:6.26 (553.7) Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well.

I will make note of the fact that in an exchange one must give up what one has in order to receive the exchanged bartered item.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
However, I see your point about needing to minimize our ego while increasing our soul growth. But remember, even that must be done with care:

Very true. That is why this must be done incrementally. This is done by throwing away one bad fish at a time. Time is discrete, not continuous. There are no zebra fish in the net. They are either good ones or bad ones. This is why I think that Enno's thinking is so very important. Life appears continuous and smooth but is actually made of discrete pixels. We grow and progress in the tic tock of time.

Louis

PostPosted:  

Those who are confused in this world and by this world are those that cannot tell the difference between wheat and chaff, nor can they discriminate between good fish and bad fish.

Then they bake bread contaminated with chaff filler and grind fish meal into fish patties that contain a mixture of good fish and the bad. Then they eat it and encounter indigestion and they don't know why. Confusion is inevitable.

You are what your eat.

Louis

PostPosted:  

I did not mean to imply that I am not as confused or even more confused than the next person. Obviously we are all on the same ship. Some more on the port side and some on the starboard side. Some forward and some aft.

I personally have an affinity for the poolside bar. :smile:

Louis

PostPosted:  

I'm all for jumping over the side of the ship and paddling over to the nearest surf break for a little time in the shade...
It's best not to take ourselves too seriously here. Were only here for a short time. Might as well enjoy it.

PostPosted:  

Al, you are often the clearest thinker in the group. Your statements are so complete and thought out. It is your engineer brain at work, I am sure. But, and this is simply an observation, you do not seem to be able or willing, I am not sure, to see the 55 foot wave set that is building on the horizon. Paddle out my brother but get ready for the ride of your life. Ain't no joke, this one.

PostPosted:  

(66:7.20) At the outbreak of the rebellion, Dalamatia had a resident population of almost six thousand. This number includes the regular students but does not embrace the visitors and observers, who always numbered more than one thousand. But you can have little or no concept of the marvelous progress of those faraway times; practically all of the wonderful human gains of those days were wiped out by the horrible confusion and abject spiritual darkness which followed the Caligastia catastrophe of deception and sedition.

A wave, when it's big enough like a tsunami, contains within itself the power of dual effect. First, it comes ashore with great force, destroying almost everything in its path. Then, after a period of relative settlement, the high water begins to flow back to the sea with a reciprocal force equal to (at least) and sometimes much greater than the gravity of its appearance, cleaning the land of all the thoughtlessly built structures that haven't been constructed dedicated enough, nor on a proper foundation.

Give this recording another listen won't you? At the beginning the music is almost inaudible, but it increases and at it's crescendo coming in, you'll hear the wave hitting the shore. The lyrics, which start at about 1:50 minutes into it, are the words of Jesus if you will, describing the scene of the aftermath to the "rulers," of what at the moment, is at hand.

[video]https://youtu.be/3NrhKM3G8Mg[/video]

PostPosted:  

toto wrote:
Time is discrete, not continuous.

Time is measure. No measure no time. The way we measure our atomic existence is atomic time and is ,at present, being greatly confused by the big bang nonsense about a singularity. The Urantia Book gives us the ability to measure the actual creation of this atomic time by showing us ultimatonic emergent energy; which, by the way, science has already measured in atomic time. Our consciousness of atomic time is created by the electronic organization of matter. It is our yardstick. In order for us to measure on a higher level we will need a new yardstick, but for now we have to have faith that our atomic space-time exists within a higher space-time continuum.

PostPosted:  

Hey Jim George... Got my Rhino Chaser ready for the big set.

You are correct, I am unable (or perhaps unwilling) to see it. I guess that I just keep remembering that even the "big ones" you know, like that little ol' thing called the Lucifer Rebellion, produced WAAAAY more good than evil over the long run, or so the Melchizedeks teach. So yeah, its a little rough out there, REAL ROUGH from the time space limited perspective of us little human beings, running in little circles and foaming at the mouth about, well about just about everything! But to me, at least, its not a really big deal. I figure that no matter how shitty it gets, in the long run more good than bad will come out of it. That's the way its always worked in the universe before. Maybe not for me. Maybe not for America. Maybe not for the entire planet. But for the universe. So I do what I can. I keep on keeping on. And I don't loose much sleep over stuff I can't control.

peace out

PostPosted:  

I'm with you Al!!

No need to jump down another rabbit hole of predictions, expectations, impatience or other mortal mind games. Get ready indeed....hahahahaha.

All of time is a correcting time....all of it.

Those who await signs, wonders, miracles....and deliverance from evolutionary progress....good luck with that!

:wink: 8)

100:2.7 (1096.4) Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: “To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?” Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

100:2.8 (1096.5) After such spiritual attainment, whether secured by gradual growth or specific crisis, there occurs a new orientation of personality as well as the development of a new standard of values. Such spirit-born individuals are so remotivated in life that they can calmly stand by while their fondest ambitions perish and their keenest hopes crash; they positively know that such catastrophes are but the redirecting cataclysms which wreck one’s temporal creations preliminary to the rearing of the more noble and enduring realities of a new and more sublime level of universe attainment.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
[. . .]
No need to jump down another rabbit hole of predictions, expectations, impatience or other mortal mind games. Get ready indeed....hahahahaha.

Those who await signs, wonders, miracles....and deliverance from evolutionary progress....good luck with that!

To some degree "fanofVan" I can agree but for those who have not been paying attention, they would not notice the changes, or "evolutionary progress" that have or has been made throughout a forward progression of time. As sequential time moves forward it is the past that would be noticed as having changed on this backward planet. So, it's not a matter of predictions or expectations, because one have already changed the past through comparing it with the now.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:

I agree. As long as time doesn't dead end when it bumps into eternity.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

I agree. As long as time doesn't dead end when it bumps into eternity.

That's funny!! :lol: :biggrin:

Apparently, once the wheel of time was first spun, it will never stop. The adventures ahead are endless! In the meantime, no need to gnash our teeth and wring our hands and worry about the Shrine of Nebadon or our own destiny....everything is in good hands. Enjoy the trip and the adventure.

31:10.10 (353.6) The gathering together of these seven finaliter corps signifies reality mobilization of potentials, personalities, minds, spirits, absonites, and experiential actualities that probably transcend even the future master universe functions of the Supreme Being. These seven finaliter corps probably signify the present activity of the Ultimate Trinity engaged in mustering the forces of the finite and the absonite in preparation for inconceivable developments in the universes of outer space. Nothing like this mobilization has taken place since the near times of eternity when the Paradise Trinity similarly mobilized the then existing personalities of Paradise and Havona and commissioned them as administrators and rulers of the projected seven superuniverses of time and space. The seven finaliter corps represent the divinity response of the grand universe to the future needs of the undeveloped potentials in the outer universes of future-eternal activities.

Whose voice shall we listen to? The troubled and anxious? Or that of our Master Son (at age 15 on Urantia, reading from the ancient texts)?

Who doubts the power, plan, purpose, motives, intentions, priorities, and love of our Father?

126:4.6 (1392.4) “To whom, then, will you liken God who sits upon the circle of the earth? Lift up your eyes and behold who has created all these worlds, who brings forth their host by number and calls them all by their names. He does all these things by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power, not one fails. He gives power to the weak, and to those who are weary he increases strength. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness, for I am the Lord your God. And I will hold your right hand, saying to you, fear not, for I will help you.

And on the road to Rome:

130:5.3 (1436.4) One day when Ganid asked Jesus why he had not devoted himself to the work of a public teacher, he said: “My son, everything must await the coming of its time. You are born into the world, but no amount of anxiety and no manifestation of impatience will help you to grow up. You must, in all such matters, wait upon time. Time alone will ripen the green fruit upon the tree. Season follows season and sundown follows sunrise only with the passing of time. I am now on the way to Rome with you and your father, and that is sufficient for today. My tomorrow is wholly in the hands of my Father in heaven.” And then he told Ganid the story of Moses and the forty years of watchful waiting and continued preparation.

8)

Let those who choose fear then to tremble and quake!! And keep it unto themselves.............. and grow up a little.

PostPosted:  

There's little to fear Brad, if anything. There's only a lot more to understand. When we grow up, it will have occurred because everyone did it together, while realizing each other.

Enno

PostPosted:  

graybear13 wrote:
toto wrote:
Time is discrete, not continuous.

Time is measure. No measure no time.

Consider this quote Gray.

118:3.1 ...Only by ubiquity could Deity unify time-space manifestations to the finite conception, for time is a succession of instants while space is a system of associated points. You do, after all, perceive time by analysis and space by synthesis. You co...

This suggests to me that time is not only discrete, but not measurable; only perceivable by analysis.

fanofVan wrote:

Is not TUB chocked full of predictions and expectations? Perhaps TUB does pose a danger to impatient mortals and those prone to playing mind games. Perhaps you agree with Enno on this more than you realized.

fanofVan wrote:

Your sign, wonder and miracle already arrived in print in 1955. Are you satisfied?

fanofVan wrote:

Does this include the correcting of TUB as it claims to need in time?

fanofVan wrote:
Whose voice shall we listen to? The troubled and anxious? Or that of our Master Son (at age 15 on Urantia, reading from the ancient texts)?

Jesus told us to listen to the still, small voice, within (our TA).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next