Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:35 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
PostPosted:  

I have always found the UB to be an exciting introduction to this intersection of planetary progress and momentum and acceleration and trajectory too!

Some attend here with great concerns and anxieties about the world and the future, while I have discovered and experienced so many assurances in the Papers instead. Along with many serious warnings and cautionary admonishments which clearly present the uncertainties and inevitable unpredictabilities and risks during any mortal life or generation or era.

But, we are told, uncertainty should be faced with resolute confidence and joy...not with trembling anxiety and doubt. Only the believer and faith child can enbrace uncertainties as the doorway to adventure and destiny!!

The cause of suffering is well known and easily discerned. So is its cure. Sharing and caring cures all mortal ills. All of them. The Golden Rule is no secret. Nor is it complicated or difficult to comprehend. This is what the Revelation teaches which is nothing new but a reiteration of that fact and truth.

The entire creation of time and space is engaged in The Great Awakening!! This is the very purpose of personality and mind and freewill in time! The Supreme is the very expression of this fact and function of experiential wisdom and evolutionary progress in the universes and on the worlds of time.

This is the very story of reality told to us in the gift of the Revelation.

Enjoy!

8)

Mr. Lucky says revelation did not end with the publishing of the UB. True enough. Personal revelation precedes it and continues. But the UB claims that epochal revelations are rare and enduring and intended for the all as well as the each. Any personal revelation which contradicts epochal revelation should be cautiously evaluated and is always personal rather than universal, regardless of its content, meaning, and value. :wink:

12:7.10 (138.5) This very love of God for the individual brings into being the divine family of all individuals, the universal brotherhood of the freewill children of the Paradise Father. And this brotherhood, being universal, is a relationship of the whole. Brotherhood, when universal, discloses not the each relationship, but the all relationship. Brotherhood is a reality of the total and therefore discloses qualities of the whole in contradistinction to qualities of the part.

12:7.11 (138.6) Brotherhood constitutes a fact of relationship between every personality in universal existence. No person can escape the benefits or the penalties that may come as a result of relationship to other persons. The part profits or suffers in measure with the whole. The good effort of each man benefits all men; the error or evil of each man augments the tribulation of all men. As moves the part, so moves the whole. As the progress of the whole, so the progress of the part.

81:6.26 (909.7) 9. The racial ideals. The ideals of one generation carve out the channels of destiny for immediate posterity. The quality of the social torchbearers will determine whether civilization goes forward or backward. The homes, churches, and schools of one generation predetermine the character trend of the succeeding generation. The moral and spiritual momentum of a race or a nation largely determines the cultural velocity of that civilization.

81:6.27 (909.8) Ideals elevate the source of the social stream. And no stream will rise any higher than its source no matter what technique of pressure or directional control may be employed. The driving power of even the most material aspects of a cultural civilization is resident in the least material of society’s achievements. Intelligence may control the mechanism of civilization, wisdom may direct it, but spiritual idealism is the energy which really uplifts and advances human culture from one level of attainment to another.

81:6.28 (910.1) At first life was a struggle for existence; now, for a standard of living; next it will be for quality of thinking, the coming earthly goal of human existence.

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun May 02, 2021 7:55 am +0000, edited 3 times in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

He never ceased to warn his disciples against the evil practice of retaliation; he made no allowance for revenge, the idea of getting even. 140:8.5

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
He never ceased to warn his disciples against the evil practice of retaliation; he made no allowance for revenge, the idea of getting even. 140:8.5

Please share the relevance of the quote to the topic. Do you see "retaliation" here?

Quoting someone's own words is hardly retaliatory do you think? Hmmm...

Nothing else then? :-s

PostPosted:  

maryjo606 wrote:
That is a very nice post, mrlucky.

I will go back and listen to the video. I know there are many good people working on good solutions to our problems on many fronts. I have great hope that human goodness, coupled with spirit-inspired ingenuity, will save the day in the end. I feel very optimistic that this troubled planet has a great destiny. Michael chose us because of the great contrast he found here upon which to display the goodness of his bestowal. And he's still here to help us, if we are willing to listen and learn...and lift him up above the fray.

What exactly would you like to see happen with this thread? I hope that people here would be ready and willing to engage with you in the spirit of genuine truthseeking. Again, I would suggest that you start with one or two things instead of the long laundry list of woes that we are faced with. It really can be overwhelming.

But I certainly share your belief that the best is yet to be...amen and amen!

maryjo

Great post maryjo. I think we can have a conversation. Looking forward to your take on the Dr. Bush video. Jesus healed many people during his sojourn and the apostles continued to comfort the sick in their ministry. The pandemic certainly offers a rich opportunity for such service. Many people are living in constant fear and cut off from elderly who are going through their last moments on Urantia. If UB readers would carry on such comfort and hope for people during this time it would make sense to learn everything there is to know about health and healing practices, don't you agree, FanofVan? Are there therapeutics that we can use other than an experimental gene altering jab? Dr. Zelenko thinks so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZARhjJr0BV0 "Knowledge is life!". There are many others also.

What could be the motive of all the suppression of the HCQ and alternative therapies to the jab? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So, what is going on in our world right now? Opportunity to comfort those in fear of the pandemic by passing on knowledge of how they can boost their immunity to both disease and fear by gaining knowledge of sonship with God and the healing power of healthy foods and the miraculous wonder of how all life in this planet is connected and sustained through the invisible microbiome.

PostPosted:  

"Experimental gene altering jab"?????

Do you claim life saving vaccines are gene altering experiments?? More conspiracy. Holy Moly.

Precisely the kind of medical science promoted in the UB as I recall... immunization and life saving/extending therapies. I am no fan of the medical industrial complex in the USA but you oppose vaccination?? Really?? Not for smallpox or measles or polio either? Hmmm....

Or is it just Covid vaccines? The Rusians make their own. And the Chinese and Indians. And Europeans and Americans. Who's in charge of this conspiracy anyway?

The UB also says the back to nature urge is primitive. I certainly do support sustainable ag and healthy whole foods and avoid processed foods, and the whole earth sensitivity against carbon pollution, etc. But science is a good thing... a very good thing.

68:1.7 (764.3) The modern phrase, “back to nature,” is a delusion of ignorance, a belief in the reality of the onetime fictitious “golden age.” The only basis for the legend of the golden age is the historic fact of Dalamatia and Eden. But these improved societies were far from the realization of utopian dreams.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun May 02, 2021 12:35 pm +0000, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
What could be the motive of all the suppression of the HCQ and alternative therapies to the jab? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't think HCQ is an appropriate topic, unless someone here is a medical researcher, and has some real knowledge (not theory) about it. It is one of those things that is controversial and unproven. I don't even want to discuss it. Same with the vaccine. That is a personal decision and there are many aspects of it that influence peoples' decisions. Medical decisions are off the table for me.

Quote:
So, what is going on in our world right now? Opportunity to comfort those in fear of the pandemic by passing on knowledge of how they can boost their immunity to both disease and fear by gaining knowledge of sonship with God and the healing power of healthy foods and the miraculous wonder of how all life in this planet is connected and sustained through the invisible microbiome.

If we had our Adam and Eve, life would be so much easier. But in spite of that, I know that there is plenty of good health information out there if one is motivated to find it. I am an example of one who has raised my understanding and appreciation of what I call real food over my lifetime. But t's not always easy to tell people what might be good for them. And in fact, what is good for me may be less good for someone else, whose body chemistry may be different and with different needs.

I do think that adopting a diet like that of Adam and Eve might be a good place for anyone to start, though, if they want to see real change:

Quote:
74:6.3 The Adamic children did not take milk from animals when they ceased to nurse the mother's breast at one year of age. Eve had access to the milk of a great variety of nuts and to the juices of many fruits, and knowing full well the chemistry and energy of these foods, she suitably combined them for the nourishment of her children until the appearance of teeth.

74:6.4 While cooking was universally employed outside of the immediate Adamic sector of Eden, there was no cooking in Adam's household. They found their foods—fruits, nuts, and cereals—ready prepared as they ripened. They ate once a day, shortly after noontime

These days, we have a real interest in diets like this...raw, vegan, keto, vegetarian, etc. Juicing fruits and vegetables, using nut milks - all very popular. Jesus surely ate fish in his diet, as well as dates and figs. And he likely ate lamb, too, because he did honor that tradition with his family, even while celebrating his own "bloodless" Passover with Mary, Martha and Lazarus - and later with the apostles.

I think many people desire a simpler, cleaner way to eat and have become wise to the dangers of over-processed, sugary, fatty foods that have greatly contributed to disease over many years. And many people are also far more aware of the working of the body, too, insodar as the microbiome goes. But it's a process and can't be mandated or forced. Unasked-for advice is a sure way to turn someone off - especially as far as telling them what they "should" do.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Thanks MaryJo for keeping the topic open and the discussion focused. Here's a link to a related topic - The Urantia Book and the New World Order.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4628

We're going to have to learn to take the responsibility for outcomes that is inherently imbedded in free will choice. A gift of Father. Why keep denying this precious gift?  We are what we choose. We have what we choose. If you choose conspiracy and victimization then don't be surprised by what you receive by such choices.

Mr. Lucky also seems to think that race or race relatiins is a hot topic or "trigger" issue in the Papers and I wonder how so? Certainly is racism going on in our world right now, and still.

All very interesting indeed. I look forward to the discussion. My questions are not mocking but quite serious...if also leading... :wink:

8)

I did review the video "Thrive" from the other topic you sent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEV5AFFcZ-s

That video pretty much is confirming what Dr. Bush is saying about agricultural and pharma only now we have 9 more years of data to back up the premises presented in "Thrive". Have you watched, "Dark Waters" yet? Do you see any pattern in these events? Do you notice the common theme of the suppression of truth? De-platforming of information contrary to official govt. policy?

What is interesting is that both films end with the same solution: "Great Awakening", personal involvement, personal decisions to counter the plans of the "Great Reset" planned by the global elite.

I think the Great Awakening is laying the foundation for a planetary govt. but it needs to happen with involvement of "the planet" i.e. all the people and not just a cabal of elitists who control all the means of wealth production and distribution.

Wash your hands and enjoy the show.

PostPosted:  

Still waiting for a definition of Great Awakening and connection to the UB. Thanks.

Thrive is also a commercial enterprise based on false conspiracies.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun May 02, 2021 2:59 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Although the evolution of government will eventually become planetary or global, there's a right way and wrong way to do everything. Maybe that's part of the reason why the Urantia Book came along when it did. To help us identify when it isn't what it's supposed to be while providing the information we need to get beyond the great deception that's obviously going on in the world right now.

PostPosted:  

More code words...what is "the great deception" and the "great awakening"????????????

Specifically. Text please.

:?: :biggrin:

PostPosted:  

Do a word search for "deception" and "awakening" for the text.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
"Great Awakening", personal involvement, personal decisions

Yes - this is where we will rise or fall. Education is key. Personal involvement with the quality of and the threats to the very essentials of our lives: water, air, food, land.

Again, we know from this following quote that there are forces that will stop at nothing to gain control over these essentials and profit from it. The relentless exploitation of nature has been going on for centuries and springs from a mistaken notion - Biblical in origin, I believe - that mankind was meant to subdue and gain dominion over nature - to bend its forces to our will.

Perhaps in its original meaning, subduing the earth would be done with God's guidance, but I don't see much of God's guidance or goodness in the way this subduing has taken place up til now.

Quote:
And nature is marred, her beautiful face is scarred, her features are seared, by the rebellion, the misconduct, the misthinking of the myriads of creatures who are a part of nature, but who have contributed to her disfigurement in time.

Somewhere along the line we didn't get the message that we are part of nature. We only got the message that we were to dominate and subdue it.

Only now - on the brink - are we beginning to wake up and realize what's going on. At least that's how I see it. Without God's hand to guide us, we are blind.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
"Experimental gene altering jab"?????

Do you claim life saving vaccines are gene altering experiments?? More conspiracy. Holy Moly.

8)

The Covid jab is NOT a traditional vaccine. It's a modifying gene therapy. They don't give vaccines like they used to..
Watch https://vaxxedthemovie.com/ and get back to me.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Do a word search for "deception" and "awakening" for the text.

My apologies... but I can find no references to either "great awakening" or "great deception". You and Mr. Lucky designate both as specific events going on in the world right now.. So...please define the terms.

Both appear to be code phrases of some form that you believe describes some contemporary cycle or event. Please be forthcoming and forthright and not deceptive or coy.

Thank you.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Both appear to be code phrases

They're not code phrases. At least not how I'm using them. I'm just trying to emphasize that in my opinion, the level of deception going on in the world right now, as well as the level of a simultaneous awakening, is at a very high level. That's all.

I wonder if one just might be a natural reaction to the other.

Last edited by nodAmanaV on Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next