The Space Between - page 1 | Urantia Book Forum |

Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:34 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Space Between
PostPosted:  

This is intended as a sustained study of Havona in general but I think that it was a cool title and a starting point.

14:1.1 From the periphery of Paradise to the inner borders of the seven superuniverses there are the following seven space conditions and motions:
1. The quiescent midspace zones impinging on Paradise.
2. The clockwise processional of the three Paradise and the seven Havona circuits.
3. The semiquiet space zone separating the Havona circuits from the dark gravity bodies of the central universe.
4. The inner, counterclockwise-moving belt of the dark gravity bodies.
5. The second unique space zone dividing the two space paths of the dark gravity bodies.
6. The outer belt of dark gravity bodies, revolving clockwise around Paradise.
A third space zone—a semiquiet zone—separating the outer belt of dark gravity bodies from the innermost circuits of the seven super universes.

14:1.15 The great belt of dark gravity bodies is divided into two equal elliptical circuits by a unique space intrusion. The inner belt revolves counterclockwise; the outer revolves clockwise. These alternate directions of motion, coupled with the extraordinary mass of the dark bodies, so effectively equalize the lines of Havona gravity as to render the central universe a physically balanced and perfectly stabilized creation.

I have written much about the hyperbolic space of time-space but here I think that the authors are describing an altogether different space that is unique. This suggest to me that this space is a "one and only" type of space. I suggest that this represents a parabolic space. It just so happens that the eccentricity of a parabola is 1. There is only one parabola and it is unique. A parabola cannot move; it cannot intersect perpendicularly to circles (circular time). This unique space intrusion cannot "hold time". This unique space is an intrusion between the dark gravity bodies and presumably from the two sides of the dark gravity bodies.

12:1.10 Havona, the central universe, is not a time creation; it is an eternal existence.

Since Havona is not a time creation, it must also have a space that does not hold time as does the hyperbolic space of time-space. I have no evidence that the Central Universe participates in space respirations. This leads me to conclude that, although this space where the perfect spheres of Havona move, must be a hyperbolic space that does not respire. There is only one hyperbola that fits this description and that is the rectangular hyperbola. Its eccentricity is √2 and is the graph of the inverse function, 1/x. Of the infinite hyperbolas of the conic sections, only this one cannot intersect perpendicularly with a circle (circular time).

14:1.9 The billion worlds of Havona are arranged in seven concentric circuits immediately surrounding the three circuits of Paradise satellites. There are upwards of thirty- five million worlds in the innermost Havona circuit and over two hundred and forty-five million in the outermost, with proportionate numbers intervening. Each circuit differs, but all are perfectly balanced and exquisitely organized, and each is pervaded by a specialized representation of the Infinite Spirit, one of the Seven Spirits of the Circuits. In addition to other functions this impersonal Spirit co-ordinates the conduct of celestial affairs throughout each circuit.

This proportionate number of Havona worlds in a processional suggest a few things.

14:1.10 The Havona planetary circuits are not superimposed; their worlds follow each other in an orderly linear procession.

Although TUB says linear procession, we know that it is elliptical and I think they are meaning to say that there is an unbroken line in the Havona circuits. This seems to be a spiral that is arithmetic rather than geometric. In other words, an Archimedean spiral as opposed to the logarithmic spiral seen in time-space creations.

This is probably enough to chew on for now. This all has potential ramifications to what we must know in the present.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: The Space Between
PostPosted:  

(14:0.1) THE perfect and divine universe occupies the center of all creation; it is the eternal core around which the vast creations of time and space revolve. Paradise is the gigantic nuclear Isle of absolute stability which rests motionless at the very heart of the magnificent eternal universe. This central planetary family is called Havona and is far-distant from the local universe of Nebadon. It is of enormous dimensions and almost unbelievable mass and consists of one billion spheres of unimagined beauty and superb grandeur, but the true magnitude of this vast creation is really beyond the understanding grasp of the human mind.

I wonder, is the proportional size of our solar system to the size of the nuclear Isle of Paradise about the same, as the size of an atom to the size of the Earth?

(11:3.4) Each of the seven sectors of Paradise is subdivided into residential units suitable for the lodgment headquarters of one billion glorified individual working groups. One thousand of these units constitute a division. One hundred thousand divisions equal one congregation. Ten million congregations constitute an assembly. One billion assemblies make one grand unit. And this ascending series continues through the second grand unit, the third, and so on to the seventh grand unit. And seven of the grand units make up the master units, and seven of the master units constitute a superior unit; and thus by sevens the ascending series expands through the superior, supersuperior, celestial, supercelestial, to the supreme units. But even this does not utilize all the space available. This staggering number of residential designations on Paradise, a number beyond your concept, occupies considerably less than one per cent of the assigned area of the Holy Land. There is still plenty of room for those who are on their way inward, even for those who shall not start the Paradise climb until the times of the eternal future.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
I wonder, is the proportional size of our solar system to the size of the nuclear Isle of Paradise about the same, as the size of an atom to the size of the Earth?

I think that proportion is something that TUB stresses. The ideal proportion is the "Golden Ratio". It states:

"A straight line is said to have been cut in extreme and mean ratio when, as the whole line is to the greater segment, so is the greater to the lesser."

This ratio is also known as phi, and it is a transcendental number, (1.618...). It is my opinion that the proportions TUB ascribes to Paradise is related to this ratio. Previously I described the eccentricity of the Conic Sections. Ellipses have eccentricities between zero and 1 and they are infinite. A parabola has an eccentricity of exactly 1 and there is only one. The hyperbolas have eccentricities of greater than 1 and they are infinite. The one ideal hyperbola is the inverse function and has an eccentricity of the square root of 2.

I have concluded that the eccentricity of the ellipse of Paradise is 0.618.... This is an infinite expression and is the inverse of phi, 1.618.... The inverse of phi, 1/ phi = phi - 1 = 0.618.... This must be the ideal ellipse, the perfect proportion.

Why is this significant? For starters, Paradise is the perfect transmitter and receiver. A perfect transmitter/receiver must have a perfect antenna. Havona is the perfect antenna.

Dr. Henry Jasik wrote "The Antenna Engineering Handbook" in 1962 and is required reading for engineers taking a course in "Signals and Systems". In this handbook, Dr. Jasik writes:

"The antenna is the connective link between free-space and the transmitter / receiver. As such, it plays an essential part in determining the characteristics of the system which ti is used."

I suggested earlier that the arrangement of the perfect spheres of Havona is in an elliptical Archimedean spiral. This happens to be an arrangement of considerable interest in antenna research. Results have shown that this design optimizes and significantly improves key performance parameters, maximizing the co-polorized gain, and minimizes the cross-polarized gain of the antenna across its operational bandwidth.

I must conclude that, among innumerable other functions, Havona serves as a perfect antenna that transmits and receives for Paradise.

The dark gravity bodies that surround Havona are a unique material that neither absorb nor reflect energies. This affords a cloaking for the Central Universe and allows bidirectional and unimpeded transmission of energies.

14:1.14 On the outskirts of this vast central universe, far out beyond the seventh belt of Havona worlds, there swirl an unbelievable number of enormous dark gravity bodies. These multitudinous dark masses are quite unlike other space bodies in many particulars; even in form they are very different. These dark gravity bodies neither reflect nor absorb light; they are nonreactive to physical-energy light, and they so completely encircle and enshroud Havona as to hide it from the view of even near-by inhabited universes of time and space.

This is not too dissimilar to materials that have been engineered called Metamaterials which have unnatural and unique properties. These materials have promise for the developing of better antennas, improved solar photovoltaic applications, superlens, an theoretical cloaking devises.

26:3.6 3. The Broadcasters. The children of the third Circuit Spirit function throughout Havona, although their official station is located on planet number seventy in the outermost circle. These master technicians are the broadcast receivers and senders of the central creation and the directors of the space reports of all Deity phenomena on Paradise. They can operate all of the basic circuits of space.

These Master technicians have a perfect antenna to work with. I wonder if those researching antenna design have considered the perfect eccentricity for their elliptical Archimedean spiral antennas (0.618...).

Why does TUB give so much detail that seems gratuitous? Because it is not gratuitous. There are clues to practical applications for us now.

PostPosted:  

toto wrote:
I suggested earlier that the arrangement of the perfect spheres of Havona is in an elliptical Archimedean spiral.

This makes me think, if what you say is true, that the Havona worlds are spiraling (like DNA) while in their elliptical orbital procession around Paradise.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
This makes me think, if what you say is true, that the Havona worlds are spiraling (like DNA) while in their elliptical orbital procession around Paradise.

I think that the spheres of Havona are proceeding in a course that is an arithmetic spiral. That is distinct from a logarithmic spiral characteristic of the time creations of of the Superuniverse levels. The spirals of time-space are geometric (logarithmic), like DNA. The Spiral of the Central Universe does not contain the rhythms of time. Recall that I also surmised that the space of Havana is a single hyperbole of the rectangular hyperbola, 1/x. This space does not expand nor contract but it does allow for revolutionary motion as the spheres of Havona revolve around Paradise. This is what I gather from the authors.

PostPosted:  

I think the 1 billion perfect worlds are divided in seven circuits as clearly stated in the UB. They are not in spiral procession. There is a definite number of spheres in each elliptical circuit.

PostPosted:  

YSMAEL wrote:
I think the 1 billion perfect worlds are divided in seven circuits as clearly stated in the UB. They are not in spiral procession. There is a definite number of spheres in each elliptical circuit.

14:1.10 The Havona planetary circuits are not superimposed; their worlds follow each other in an orderly linear procession.

I know what you are saying. This was my thinking till recently. I now entertain the idea that an Archimedean spiral does also conform to the statement above. An orderly linear procession may refer to the Havona planetary circuits, pleural, as a whole.

PostPosted:  

YSMEL, what I see as a description of an orderly linear procession is a billion stringed pearls following each other. I may be wrong on this but in any case I think that the effect of an antenna should be the same as in 7 individual circuits.

PostPosted:  

Louis,

The phrase orderly linear procession is describing the spheres in each circuit. The spheres in each of the seven elliptical circuits are in orderly linear procession. That is why in our ascencion inward to Paradise we have to passed each circuit starting from the outermost circuit then move to the next circuit. In your idea of spiral, there would be no separate circuits but all one billion spheres are in orderly linear procession.

PostPosted:  

YSMAEL wrote:
Louis,

The phrase orderly linear procession is describing the spheres in each circuit. The spheres in each of the seven elliptical circuits are in orderly linear procession. That is why in our ascencion inward to Paradise we have to passed each circuit starting from the outermost circuit then move to the next circuit. In your idea of spiral, there would be no separate circuits but all one billion spheres are in orderly linear procession.

OK, I'll accept and agree with that interpretation. However, if I were to design an antenna, and they already exist, I would place the antenna coil in an elliptical Archimedean spiral configuration that effectively mimics this arrangement of Havona. An antenna cannot function with discontinuities. Havona has a pilot sphere (feeding point) and must also have an exist sphere. There must entail a jumping of circuits as one ascends to Paradise.

Do you think that energies that leave Paradise and return to Paradise go by direct means or do they follow the course that ascenders do through the circuits?

PostPosted:  

The arrangement of Havona Spheres is not spiral, but 7 ellipses of spheres with parallel orbits. The Golden Ratio is not mentioned in the Urantia Papers.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
The arrangement of Havona Spheres is not spiral, but 7 ellipses of spheres with parallel orbits. The Golden Ratio is not mentioned in the Urantia Papers.

An elliptical orbit is, by definition, a spiral. There are 7 ellipses arrange concentrically and they are in parallel curves. Please note that the inner circuits revolved faster around Paradise than the outer circuits. They are all in a clockwise direction. If you should gaze upon Havana from above these motions motions would appear spiral, and that spiral would be arithmetic and not an accelerated logarithmic spiral, as we see in finite creation (i.e. spiral galaxies, and hurricanes). Remember that a spiral on paper is static and the Havona spheres are in revolving elliptical motion. An ellipse has four vertices which correspond to North, South, East, and West. This corresponds to the Universal compass that is Paradise. The spheres in each of the 7 circuits cross these lines of the Paradise compass at at different times. Because vertices are refection points, they must change direction it these crossings.

In the time-space universes elliptical orbits are accelerations but this is different in the Central Universe. The perfect spheres of Havona are not in acceleration even though their path is elliptical and which would normally render them to be accelerated. It is because of the enormous balancing act of the dark gravity bodies that the Havona spheres are revolving at a constant speed and not at variable rates such as the planets around the Sun.

And yes, Stephen, the Golden Ratio is not mentioned in TUB. But this ratio is central to all finite creation. All will not be given to us. We must earn some knowledge for ourselves.

PostPosted:  

A perfect circle represented in a cone, on an angle can be represented as an ellipse.
Yet still a perfect circle, it is viewed and acts as an ellipses.
The following images from Walter Russell's book "The Universal One", chapters XXII and XX, may help explain the orbits of planets around the sun.

Attachments:
Eccentricity of Orbit-1.jpg
Eccentricity of Orbit-1.jpg [ 141.42 KiB | Viewed 4741 times ]
Generation of Mass-1.jpg
Generation of Mass-1.jpg [ 190.34 KiB | Viewed 4741 times ]

PostPosted:  

Universal Ratio - Based on Universal Mathematics
As described by Walter Russell - in Chapter XIV - "The Universal One"
Quote:
By a study of the accompanying dimension parts one can readily see that any change in the expansion or contraction dimension of any effect of motion is in either direct ratio or inverse ratio to the square of the distance, area or plane dimensions, or to the cube of the volume dimension.

All dimensions are pressure dimensions.

All dimensions simultaneously expand and contract in opposite directions of the same ratio.

All effects of motion are measurable either in distance, area or volume ratios. Also all are measurable in both the ratios of contraction and of expansion pressure.

The ratios of contraction and of expansion pressure shall herein be termed "The universal ratios."

Expansion pressure is in direct ratio to the square of the distance, area, plane, orbit or time unit, and to the cube of the volume.

Contraction pressure is in inverse ratio to the square of the distance, area, plane, orbit or time unit, and to the cube of the volume.

Every mass in the universe occupies a measurable potential position.

With distance, plane and area dimensions given, any planet or satellite in the solar system can be measured in all of its dimensions by contracting or expanding the standard units of this planet in universal ratios as a comparison.

Illustrations showing examples of "Universal Ratio" follow:

Attachments:
Universal Ratio 2.jpg
Universal Ratio 2.jpg [ 173.41 KiB | Viewed 4737 times ]
Universal Ratio 1.jpg
Universal Ratio 1.jpg [ 175.98 KiB | Viewed 4737 times ]

PostPosted:  

There can be much confusion between forces; more specifically between "centrifugal force" and "centripetal force" however they can be experienced together through motion.
Quote:
centrifugal force
An effect that seems to cause an object moving in a curve to be pushed away from the curve's center. Centrifugal force is not a true force but is actually the effect of inertia, in that the moving object's natural tendency is to move in a straight line.

Quote:
centripetal force
A force acting on a moving body at an angle to the direction of motion, tending to make the body follow a circular or curved path. The force of gravity acting on a satellite in orbit is an example of a centripetal force; the friction of the tires of a car making a turn similarly provides centripetal force on the car.

If you are driving a car into a consistent angled curve, you may set the angle of your wheels to match the initial curves angle but as you will notice the centrifugal force will tend to steer the car outward, thereby needing to compensate by either changing the angle of the wheels inward or by using centripetal force, which represents gravity, by not changing the angle of the wheels but to slowly increase the speed of the car. The later action, to increase the speed will act like pulling the car into the curve even though you have not changed the angle of the wheels, which would be a natural inclination to do, but in attempting to compensate by slowing your speed increases the force outward and along with a compensation of wheel angle makes negotiating a curve so difficult for some drivers. Therefore if might be necessary to follow the posted speed signs prior to entering a curve so that you can increase speed while in the curve to accelerate to the normal posted road speed with the lease amount of effort. (In some other cases known as the slingshot effect or Gravity assist, and associated to the fictional Warp Drive effect to alter time.)

In addition the UB mentions that things are represented by seven's where based on specific areas and volume, one can assume that this can be represented by a cube, having six sides and the seventh being the volume within the cube. The expansion or contraction of either area or volume will effect the others.