Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:44 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
PostPosted:  

9:0.2 (98.2) The Father is infinite in love and volition, in spiritual thought and purpose; he is the universal upholder. The Son is infinite in wisdom and truth, in spiritual expression and interpretation; he is the universal revealer. Paradise is infinite in potential for force endowment and in capacity for energy dominance; it is the universal stabilizer. The Conjoint Actor possesses unique prerogatives of synthesis, infinite capacity to co-ordinate all existing universe energies, all actual universe spirits, and all real universe intellects; the Third Source and Center is the universal unifier of the manifold energies and diverse creations which have appeared in consequence of the divine plan and the eternal purpose of the Universal Father.

9:0.4 (98.4) Throughout the universes the agencies of the Conjoint Actor ceaselessly manipulate the forces and energies of all space. Like the First Source and Center, the Third is responsive to both the spiritual and the material. The Conjoint Actor is the revelation of the unity of God, in whom all things consist — things, meanings, and values; energies, minds, and spirits.

9:1.1 (98.6) The Third Source and Center is known by many names, all designative of relationship and in recognition of function: As God the Spirit, he is the personality co-ordinate and divine equal of God the Son and God the Father. As the Infinite Spirit, he is an omnipresent spiritual influence. As the Universal Manipulator, he is the ancestor of the power-control creatures and the activator of the cosmic forces of space. As the Conjoint Actor, he is the joint representative and partnership executive of the Father-Son. As the Absolute Mind, he is the source of the endowment of intellect throughout the universes. As the God of Action, he is the apparent ancestor of motion, change, and relationship.

8)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
9:0.2 (98.2) The Father is infinite in love and volition, in spiritual thought and purpose; he is the universal upholder. The Son is infinite in wisdom and truth, in spiritual expression and interpretation; he is the universal revealer. Paradise is infinite in potential for force endowment and in capacity for energy dominance; it is the universal stabilizer. The Conjoint Actor possesses unique prerogatives of synthesis, infinite capacity to co-ordinate all existing universe energies, all actual universe spirits, and all real universe intellects; the Third Source and Center is the universal unifier of the manifold energies and diverse creations which have appeared in consequence of the divine plan and the eternal purpose of the Universal Father.

9:0.4 (98.4) Throughout the universes the agencies of the Conjoint Actor ceaselessly manipulate the forces and energies of all space. Like the First Source and Center, the Third is responsive to both the spiritual and the material. The Conjoint Actor is the revelation of the unity of God, in whom all things consist — things, meanings, and values; energies, minds, and spirits.

9:1.1 (98.6) The Third Source and Center is known by many names, all designative of relationship and in recognition of function: As God the Spirit, he is the personality co-ordinate and divine equal of God the Son and God the Father. As the Infinite Spirit, he is an omnipresent spiritual influence. As the Universal Manipulator, he is the ancestor of the power-control creatures and the activator of the cosmic forces of space. As the Conjoint Actor, he is the joint representative and partnership executive of the Father-Son. As the Absolute Mind, he is the source of the endowment of intellect throughout the universes. As the God of Action, he is the apparent ancestor of motion, change, and relationship.

"fanofVan" By your submission of UB narration above, I understand what you are attempting to present but, in this case the question is in regards to motion, and I will concur that the "Conjoint Actor" primarily functions through the Third Source, but being "conjoint" ("pertaining to or formed by two or more in combination"), indicates a combination of functionality or actions. Therefore, to merely indicate that motion may come from the Third Source, where it can be established that it is not a sole function of the Third Source, makes no definite claim whatsoever. The attempt here regarding anti-gravity, is to isolate what may restrict motion or control motion in such a way as it may apply to anti-gravity.
Thereby, "toto"'s presentation really does not help identify various forms of "gravity" and why they function as they do, in order to understand how they may be manipulated, so without "toto" providing his own point of view, in association to this sub-topic, is pointless, in my opionion.

Quote:
(9.5) 0:6.3 Physical energy is a term denoting all phases and forms of phenomenal motion, action, and potential.

As is mentioned above, it is the "phenomenal motion" that is being examined when we look at anti-gravity, and the previous posts have indicated, through various questions, and statements, that anti-gravity is a "conjoint" action, where the subject matter is directed to specifics of how or what this conjoint-ability or conjoint-ness is, in order to break down the "anti-" factor of gravity.

Thanks for your contribution.

PostPosted:  

toto wrote:
I do not know what you mean when you say that a magnetic field does no work. Work, in Newton-meters, is a force that causes a displacement. Then you go on to say that a magnetic field provides a force that is 90 degrees in relation to an associated electric field. Am I correct to conclude that these two statement are apparently contradictory? Did I misunderstand? Then you state that an electric field can initiate and terminate movement and change the velocity of a moving object.

I can sympathize with your reaction. I experienced something similar when I first encountered that Physics reasoning. But as I looked deeper into what was really going on, as it was described mathematically, I began to appreciate the fact that, in the proper expression of today's (and 19th century) electrodynamics, the magnetic field does no work! There's nothing to do other than to seriously look at the definition of the magnetic field and all of the implications of the Maxwell equations to be convinced of that fact or to not understand and criticize such a statement...

P.S. You could say that it does no work because it is only paying back the gravity debt that was already established.

toto wrote:
TUB tells us that they they think that the Third Source and Center initiates motion in space.

Thanks for the references. In this case the authors admit to not being authorities in the matter. But that doesn't mean their
opinions are without merit.

Based on what we have discussed already I would agree with the revelator's statements. If an object is subject to inward force from Paradise gravity and at the same time outward force by the Third Source and Center, the tension involved would likely result in a derived force that pulls the object in a direction orthogonal to either force vector. The energy impinging on the object has to be relieved somehow. And that somehow naturally expresses itself as a side-wards extension, in the absence of other factors. At least that is my guess and intuition.

Last edited by Riktare on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:28 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

MidiChlorian wrote:
"Riktare" - could this "force that is 90 degrees" be augmented to represent a force that is 180 degrees? Thereby, becoming an opposing force?

I think it is understood that the Paradise gravity force is 180 degrees in opposition to the anti-gravity force. And therefore they are "opposing" each other. My feeling is that the tension caused by the one force is not resolved. Neither is the tension caused by the other. That double tensioning is relieved only by movement (or particle condensation) in a direction that is not constrained by those forces, namely 90 degrees to either force vector.

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
Based on what we have discussed already I would agree with the revelator's statements. If an object is subject to inward force from Paradise gravity and at the same time outward force by the Third Source and Center, the tension involved would likely result in a derived force that pulls the object in a direction orthogonal to either force vector. The energy impinging on the object has to be relieved somehow. And that somehow naturally expresses itself as a side-wards extension, in the absence of other factors. At least that is my guess and intuition.

My intuition is that your intuition is correct. That is why I find the following quote so fascinating.

11:8.9 Paradise is the absolute source and the eternal focal point of all energy-matter in the universe of universes. The Unqualified Absolute is the revealer, regulator, and repository of that which has Paradise as its source and origin. The universal presence of the Unqualified Absolute seems to be equivalent to the concept of a potential infinity of gravity extension, an elastic tension of Paradise presence. This concept aids us in grasping the fact that everything is drawn inward towards Paradise. The illustration is crude but nonetheless helpful. It also explains why gravity always acts preferentially in the plane perpendicular to the mass, a phenomenon indicative of the differential dimensions of Paradise and the surrounding creations.

Paradise is elliptical for a good reason.

Riktare wrote:
I think it is understood that the Paradise gravity force is 180 degrees in opposition to the anti-gravity force. And therefore they are "opposing" each other. My feeling is that the tension caused by the one force is not resolved. Neither is the tension caused by the other. That double tensioning is relieved only by movement (or particle condensation) in a direction that is not constrained by those forces, namely 90 degrees to either force vector.

May I add, either force vector in a balanced cycling, as in a sew saw?

PostPosted:  

Hi toto, regarding interactive ("linear") mass (hence gravity), did you like the way I replaced the old-fashioned symmetry-breaking (link) Higgs mechanism with a simple interaction between (a) clusters of ultimatons and (b) segregata?

Would love to hear your thought on this!
Nigel

PostPosted:  

I believe the term "symmetry breaking" as used by particle physicists is a bit of a loaded phrase. It really means breaking whatever configuration a particle or field currently exists in so that a new type of particle or field will appear.

PostPosted:  

thought this was interesting:

Syzygy Effects Studies Performed Simultaneously with Foucault Pendulums and Torsinds during the Solar Eclipses of 13 November 2012 and 10 May 2013

Quote:
9. Conclusions

New phenomena have been found that were unknown before organized torsind-pendulum observations.

This work raises the important question of the practical detection of latent vortex-like mechanical energy radiating from the Sun. This energy is not related to electromagnetism. It implies that a torsion component is present as a solar influence. The evidence found quite clearly points to this conclusion. During solar eclipses the disk of a torsind rotates and the plane of oscillation of a Foucault pendulum deviates. Classical astrophysical instruments such as spectrometers, photometers, polarimeters and so on are not appropriate for study of these phenomena. The observed effects cannot be explained in the framework of gravitation or electromagnetism and it is surmised that they may indicate a manifestation of a fifth fundamental interaction.

PostPosted:  

nnunn wrote:
Hi toto, regarding interactive ("linear") mass (hence gravity), did you like the way I replaced the old-fashioned symmetry-breaking (link) Higgs mechanism with a simple interaction between (a) clusters of ultimatons and (b) segregata?

Would love to hear your thought on this!
Nigel

Hi Nigel, I am loath to comment on something that I do not have a feel for. I am not a physicist so I am not fluent on the lingo. I just try to apply an outsiders's philosophical's perspective, as imperfect as it is.

It seems to me that pure energy (segregate), as TUB presents it, is energy that has yet to be spun into vortices. It is pre-gravity energy that would be pulled and spun as it is injected into space from the focus of space. I picture this as a top being thrown from the focus into space and gravity pulling as if it were the string that spins the top. Intuitively, I do not see the spinning Ultimatons interacting with pure energy. I view the Ultimaton as 7 dimensional and segregata as 4 dimensional, being injected into space from a 2 dimensional plane.

The problem I see with investigating particles in the LHC is because of the following quote from TUB.

12:5.1 Like space, time is a bestowal of Paradise, but not in the same sense, only indirectly. Time comes by virtue of motion and because mind is inherently aware of sequentiality. From a practical viewpoint, motion is essential to time, but there is no universal time unit based on motion except in so far as the Paradise-Havona standard day is arbitrarily so recognized. The totality of space respiration destroys its local value as a time source.

Because of this totality theory, motion (cesium clock) cannot be a time source locally. In other words, you cannot use motion to evaluate other motion. Creation cannot evaluate itself. It is like M. C. Escher's "Drawing Hands". Certainly a visual absurdity but this is what we do when we attempt to measure matter with other matter. Curvature cannot measure curvature.

As it regards the "Particle Zoo", TUB may have anticipated this with the following quote.

42:4.14 The quantity of energy taken in or given out when electronic or other positions are shifted is always a “quantum” or some multiple thereof, but the vibratory or wavelike behavior of such units of energy is wholly determined by the dimensions of the material structures concerned. Such wavelike energy ripples are 860 times the diameters of the ultimatons, electrons, atoms, or other units thus performing. The never-ending confusion attending the observation of the wave mechanics of quantum behavior is due to the superimposition of energy waves: Two crests can combine to make a double-height crest, while a crest and a trough may combine, thus producing mutual cancellation.

Because a particle respires and spins, particle dimensions necessarily fluctuate. The radius, and thus the diameter, of a particle is in oscillatory motion. This has yet to be seriously considered in physic as far as I know, but this sombrero motion where a particle is said to move, not only along the brim, but also in and out along its trough, is encouraging (as mention in the video with the Stanford professor). It is curious that TUB author mentions a never ending confusion. Are we forever doomed to confusion as it relates the quantum observations? It is hard not to take them seriously when such a definitive statement is made.

If we have particles that rapidly changing dimensions (diameters), then it no surprise that we detect so many apparently different particles (waves) coming from a single particle.

As to Makalu's reference, I have an intuitive sense that the pendulum anomalies are pointing to the expansion and contraction of the Earth, Moon and Sun. They also rotate but must also exhibit respiration. This respiration is difficult to detect. But perhaps now with the pendulum and the three bodies aligned, the anomaly has been amplified enough so that these pendulums can show the respirations motions of these large bodies as an anomaly effect.

PostPosted:  

well i don't see it that way...the way i figure it only the total volume of space expands and contracts with space respiration like the volume of your lungs expands and contracts by the addition or subtraction of air (space in the analogy). when the universe is expanding more space is being made pervadable as its drawn from the reservoirs and flowing out from Paradise and it doesnt displace the space within matter...and it possibly may not overcome local gravity and be only a free space accumulation i dunno.

notice the UB doesnt say anything about the billion year cycles of space respiration in the 4 billion year old history of earth...nothing about geological effects of the planet getting more or less dense...nothing about climate changes from the earth getting farther from or closer to the sun...nothing about how architectural spheres are stable etc etc....nothing about space within matter expanding and contracting...it just says that space moves the material masses in pervaded space with or against the pull of paradise gravity.

PostPosted:  

Attachment:
HYDROGEN.rtfd.zip [81.76 KiB]
Downloaded 71 times

Makalu wrote:
well i don't see it that way...the way i figure it only the total volume of space expands and contracts with space respiration like the volume of your lungs expands and contracts by the addition or subtraction of air (space in the analogy). when the universe is expanding more space is being made pervadable as its drawn from the reservoirs and flowing out from Paradise and it doesnt displace the space within matter...and it possibly may not overcome local gravity and be only a free space accumulation i dunno.

As far as space within matter is concerned, please see the attachment of the hydrogen atom. It is impossible to miss the hourglass shaped un-pervaded space reservoirs.

PostPosted:  

oh brother...thats one of several possible electron orbital configurations not unpervaded space =;

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
oh brother...thats one of several possible electron orbital configurations not unpervaded space =;

What forces would produce this hourglass geometry of an electron orbital?

PostPosted:  

its produced by the force of plugging values into a schrodinger equation...its not real, not relevant and doesnt concern me

PostPosted:  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger_equation

Quote:
Total, kinetic, and potential energy

The overall form of the equation is not unusual or unexpected, as it uses the principle of the conservation of energy. The terms of the nonrelativistic Schrödinger equation can be interpreted as total energy of the system, equal to the system kinetic energy plus the system potential energy. In this respect, it is just the same as in classical physics.

Quantization

The Schrödinger equation predicts that if certain properties of a system are measured, the result may be quantized, meaning that only specific discrete values can occur. One example is energy quantization: the energy of an electron in an atom is always one of the quantized energy levels, a fact discovered via atomic spectroscopy. (Energy quantization is discussed below.) Another example is quantization of angular momentum. This was an assumption in the earlier Bohr model of the atom, but it is a prediction of the Schrödinger equation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next