Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:22 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time After Time
PostPosted:  

12:5.3 Time and space are inseparable only in the time-space creations, the seven superuniverses.

11:6.1 We do not know the actual mechanism of space respiration; we merely observe that all space alternately contracts and expands. This respiration affects both the horizontal extension of pervaded space and the vertical extensions of unpervaded space which exist in the vast space reservoirs above and below Paradise. In attempting to imagine the volume outlines of these space reservoirs, you might think of an hourglass.

11:7.5 If you imagine a finite, but inconceivably large, V-shaped plane situated at right angles to both the upper and lower surfaces of Paradise, with its point nearly tangent to peripheral Paradise, and then visualize this plane in elliptical revolution about Paradise, its revolution would roughly outline the volume of pervaded space.

Since time and space are inseparable, I have searched for a visual of space that can depict what TUB has described above. The only geometric figure that I know of that is in the shape of an hourglass is the lemniscate. The lemniscate is the inverse of the hyperbola. And this makes sense because pervaded and un-pervaded space are inverses of one another. In space respiration, they are alternately cycling. The hourglass was a spectacular clue that pervaded space must be hyperbolic. That, coupled with the fact that space moves, one must conclude that pervaded space is hyer-cubic (four dimensional).

The attachment below is a figure of "The Devil's Curve", ironically. I believe this could be viewed as a cross section of the Master Universe as described in TUB. Please note that the colors denote various hyperbolas that correspond to alternative hourglass volumes.

Attachment:
Devils's Curve.rtfd.zip [43.2 KiB]
Downloaded 193 times

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

This is the color version, I hope.

Attachment:
Devil's Curve.rtfd.zip [181.1 KiB]
Downloaded 208 times

PostPosted:  

hmm well the horizontal outline that would be pervaded space there in the devils curve doesn't match well with the description of being a v-shaped plane with the point nearly tangent to paradise and in elliptical orbit around paradise...plus technically that curve extends to infinity whereas space is finite and the midspace zones encapsulate all of that. But the entire description of the shapes here in the UB is a bit confusing to me since it says this:

Quote:
The vertical cross section of total space would slightly resemble a maltese cross, with the horizontal arms representing pervaded (universe) space and the vertical arms representing unpervaded (reservoir) space.

and the cross-section of an hourglass isn't much like the vertical arms of a maltese cross...but a v-shaped plane is...but i guess it satisfies the slightly resemble bit. btw this is a maltese cross:

not the shape that a lot of us know as the maltese cross which is actually the cross pattee like so:

the former seems to fit a lot better with the v-shaped plane description to me. but still not sure if they are trying to imply that the plane of pervaded space extends farther in the upper and lower regions then it does in the middle region (the plane of creation) as the v-shape of the maltese cross arms do.

anyway i've seen a number of artists conceptions of this but not seen one that quite fits with my mental image which would be an hourglass with something resembling a doughnut spinning around its middle...except with a relatively small hole in the doughnut which has a thin inner edge that gradually thickens towards the outside of the doughnut.

PostPosted:  

It is unfortunate that TUB did not include some drawings.

Makalu wrote:
anyway i've seen a number of artists conceptions of this but not seen one that quite fits with my mental image which would be an hourglass with something resembling a doughnut spinning around its middle...except with a relatively small hole in the doughnut which has a thin inner edge that gradually thickens towards the outside of the doughnut.

What do you think of the attachment of the hydrogen atom? Please remember that the spinning donut is going to be thick and fat when the universe in contracted and thinner and flatter when expanded. This would apply also to the hydrogen atom since it is all the same pattern of Paradise.

Attachment:
HYDROGEN.rtfd.zip [81.59 KiB]
Downloaded 188 times

PostPosted:  

yeah that looks like a donut around an hourglass but my donut description is lame...this drawing is closer to what the UB describes:

http://encyclopediaurantia.org/images/pervaded.jpg

like a beveled disk not a donut...'cept the cross section of pervaded space as a triangle not v-shaped i guess is not quite right <shrugs>

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
like a beveled disk not a donut...'cept the cross section of pervaded space as a triangle not v-shaped i guess is not quite right <shrugs>

I guess this is where "imagination" comes into play.

11:7.5 If you imagine a finite, but inconceivably large, V-shaped plane situated at right angles to both the upper and lower surfaces of Paradise, with its point nearly tangent to peripheral Paradise, and then visualize this plane in elliptical revolution about Paradise, its revolution would roughly outline the volume of pervaded space.

I have noticed many times when TUB uses these words because they are having difficulty is precisely describing the situation.

What do you think of the galaxy picture in the attachment? I think that there is a pattern here, don't you? The donut and hourglass is a pattern that cannot be ignored.

Attachment:
HOURGLASS.rtfd.zip [65.44 KiB]
Downloaded 194 times

PostPosted:  

i reckon the reason there are difficulties with a precise description is because the shapes aren't really precise...it's a simplified model to get the basic idea across and like all models it will fail to replicate reality to some degree on some level. The visualized matter/energies in the stunningly beautiful space photo you posted don't have precise and distinct outlines. The universe isn't a machine or a geometric projection...it's a living organism. It might be worth mentioning that the patterns we see in nature are the result of gravity at work, not the other way around...as expressed better here:

Quote:
P10:2, 0:6.10 PATTERN can be projected as material, spiritual, or mindal, or any combination of these energies. It can pervade personalities, identities, entities, or nonliving matter. But pattern is pattern and remains pattern; only copies are multiplied.

P10:3, 0:6.11 Pattern may configure energy, but it does not control it. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter. Neither space nor pattern are gravity responsive, but there is no relationship between space and pattern; space is neither pattern nor potential pattern. Pattern is a configuration of reality which has already paid all gravity debt; the reality of any pattern consists of its energies, its mind, spirit, or material components.

P10:4, 0:6.12 In contrast to the aspect of the total, pattern discloses the individual aspect of energy and of personality. Personality or identity forms are patterns resultant from energy (physical, spiritual, or mindal) but are not inherent therein. That quality of energy or of personality by virtue of which pattern is caused to appear may be attributed to God -- Deity -- to Paradise force endowment, to the coexistence of personality and power.

P10:5, 0:6.13 Pattern is a master design from which copies are made. Eternal Paradise is the absolute of patterns; the Eternal Son is the pattern personality; the Universal Father is the direct ancestor-source of both. But Paradise does not bestow pattern, and the Son cannot bestow personality.

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
It might be worth mentioning that the patterns we see in nature are the result of gravity at work, not the other way around...as expressed better here:

Precisely! Now the question is how is Paradise Gravity controlling the energy-matter that are configured by Paradise pattern. What does the "gravitational field" look like? How does gravity work? We know it pulls and does not push. Is it like throwing a top and pulling the string? I can see pattern being multiplied in nature. Is the throwing of the top the projecting from the spirit to the shadowy finite and absolute gravity the pulling of the string? My wondering (wandering) mind is attempting to imagine.

Thanks for the quotes. These are definitely the clues with which to base our imaginations upon.

PostPosted:  

i dunno....Paradise gravity in the UB is an absolute presence circuited in Paradise and independent of time and space and hard to compare with anything else we know of. This paragraph from the artificially sequentialized narrative of creation in paper #8 might come the closest to explaining how it "works"

Quote:
The God of Action functions and the dead vaults of space are astir. One billion perfect spheres flash into existence. Prior to this hypothetical eternity moment the space-energies inherent in paradise are existent and potentially operative, but they have no actuality of being; neither can physical gravity be measured except by the reaction of material realities to its incessant pull. There is no material universe at this (assumed) eternally distant moment, but the very instant that one billion worlds materialize, there is in evidence gravity sufficient and adequate to hold them in the everlasting grasp of Paradise.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
1 http://www.enterprisemission.com/Von_Braun.htm
2 http://www.thespacereview.com/article/1224/1

As for the seven dimensions, they are stated in the quotes above but not described anywhere in TUB that I know of.

Wow! I've only looked at the first page but it's very nicely written and argued. I've never read anything by Heim or Allais but it's surely time to do so now.
The directional aspect of "linear gravity" mentioned by the UB's authors may be what has been encountered. That is, that gravity is strongest perpendicular to the object that is the gravitational source. Some of us imagine that it is the angle in relation to the rotation axis of the object that the authors are referring to. Allais' simple experiments show that may be the case.

If you think about it, a person could weigh less at the North pole than at the equator and yet register the same weight on a scale if the tension of the spring in the scale is also affected by the change in the strength of the gravitational field.

Last edited by Riktare on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:52 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

This could explain why galaxies, especially large galaxies, are generally very thin and spread along the plane that is perpendicular to the axis of rotation. It provides maybe a proper explanation of what has been designated "dark matter".

PostPosted:  

11:8.9 ... illustration is crude but nonetheless helpful. It also explains why gravity always acts preferentially in the plane perpendicular to the mass, a phenomenon indicative of the differential dimensions of Paradise and the surrounding creations....

Riktare wrote:
Wow! I've only looked at the first page but it's very nicely written and argued. I've never read anything by Heim or Allais but it's surely time to do so now.

I am thrilled that you are wowed!

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by toto on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:13 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Contact me on PM if there is further interest.

Last edited by toto on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:14 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

-

Attachments:
Figure 50.rtfd.zip [74 KiB]
Downloaded 198 times

Last edited by toto on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:42 am +0000, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted:  

-

Last edited by toto on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:41 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next