Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Colonizing Mars
PostPosted:  

Like others here, and related to the UB, I no longer worry about the destruction of earth as any cause for anything. However, I do think it inevitable, by our very nature, to yearn and adventure and explore; and I find many practical reasons for launching out into our own solar system. The technologies and scientific progress of such an endeavor are reason enough I think but there are also the elements to harvest and the self protection gained. I am reminded of the worlds of the nonbreathers and how urgent it is to develop shields. Science will find God...eventually... not God exactly, but his Hand at work cannot be denied too much longer - there is purpose and management to yet discover. Space is a great place for such discovery. I wonder what Hubble might see from the very edge of our solar system? Exploration of our vicinity might actually replace warfare and militarism as the driving force for technological development?

Remember the Andites!! :wink: 8)

78:4.6 (872.4) These Andites were adventurous; they had roving dispositions. An increase of either Sangik or Andonite stock tended to stabilize them. But even so, their later descendants never stopped until they had circumnavigated the globe and discovered the last remote continent.

So long as there is a frontier, humanity will endeavor to reach it. Curiosity and adventure are at the very core of human nature. However, Light and Life may well come before inter-stellar, speed of light, mechanized flight I think. But we will all be space cadets as well as Fandor pilots in the ascension adventure ahead!

Profile Send private message