Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:02 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 919
Not to mention the fact that the opinion you posted, unattributed, is insulting to everyone who participates on this forum and generalizes all people who read the TUB as "wicked"- which is a form of bigotry which should not be perpetuated despite your rather disingenuous 'I do not agree with everything stated but at its core there is truth' disclaimer.

Quote:
The ensuing result is that Urantia Book readers (UBers) are, for the most part (in the event of those who virulently reject the Bible), quick and ready to identify themselves with the most wicked elements in society - - violent crime, perversion, Islam, rebellion, wilful ignorance, and strenuous opposition to justice and righteousness. These UBers are characterized by the following: the inability to reason, lack of common sense, the inclination to exercise cruel and unjust tyranny over those who seek after justice and righteousness; and they readily flee from anything which they are incapable of refuting.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3651
Unfortunately nod, Benjamin's ignorance of the Bible is no less than his ignorance of the UB. You may elevate him as you wish as some sort of scholar of either or both but his words reveal his mind and his dark perspective, none of which is found in the Gospel OF Jesus within the Bible or the UB. His fearfulness and his self proclaimed superiority of knowledge and understanding are a common and troubling reflection of one's mind in expression. He appears "devoted" to his own understanding and not "truth" in any form it might be defined.

Ignorance combined with prejudice is not to be elevated, defended, admired, or emulated IMO. Just sayin.....

100:1.2 (1094.4) Some persons are too busy to grow and are therefore in grave danger of spiritual fixation. Provision must be made for growth of meanings at differing ages, in successive cultures, and in the passing stages of advancing civilization. The chief inhibitors of growth are prejudice and ignorance.

132:3.4 (1459.4) Revealed truth, personally discovered truth, is the supreme delight of the human soul; it is the joint creation of the material mind and the indwelling spirit. The eternal salvation of this truth-discerning and beauty-loving soul is assured by that hunger and thirst for goodness which leads this mortal to develop a singleness of purpose to do the Father’s will, to find God and to become like him. There is never conflict between true knowledge and truth. There may be conflict between knowledge and human beliefs, beliefs colored with prejudice, distorted by fear, and dominated by the dread of facing new facts of material discovery or spiritual progress.

132:3.5 (1459.5) But truth can never become man’s possession without the exercise of faith. This is true because man’s thoughts, wisdom, ethics, and ideals will never rise higher than his faith, his sublime hope. And all such true faith is predicated on profound reflection, sincere self-criticism, and uncompromising moral consciousness. Faith is the inspiration of the spiritized creative imagination.

Where is Ray's (and your) faith in God's love, mercy, and friendly universe? I find the piece filled with fear and ignorance and prejudice and superiority and a direct assault on God's power, plan, process, care, and personal affection for me and for all others. Please quit defending Ray and your own folly here. Again, what is your motive here? What did you hope for by posting such drivel?

:roll:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3651
nodAmanaV wrote:
I've posted the following by permission. Although I don't agree with everything stated, what's at the core is resoundingly true.


The DANGERS of the URANTIA BOOK

The Urantia Book (UB) was published in the middle of the 20th Century after having been translated and edited, by God's permission, by fallen Midway Creatures, in order to ensure its publication.  For an evil world will not publish a good book.  The UB had to be so presented to the world so as to attract the wicked in society, those who reject the truths of the Bible, to publish it, as so by God's will to expose the world to the critical 1st section of the book.  The fact that the heads of state, by and large, are veritable rebels against God attests to the truth that this world (earth/"Urantia") is in fact evil, wherein evil is both out of control and in control.

The concepts of the UB are from God and are indeed wholesome and salutary, but the translation and edition do not proceed from Him, but are permitted by Him, or else the UB would NEVER HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED.  Convoluted, abstract, and philosophical language never proceeds from God.  God is simple and forthright.  God allowed evil Midwayers to edit out of the UB all references pertaining to the consequences of wilful evil in the afterworld.  And as they consider Islam to be their pet religion, they carefully removed all references denigrating Islam.  The UB does not consequently, in its present edition,  have the power of grace to transform lives into righteousness as the Bible in fact does.

The ensuing result is that Urantia Book readers (UBers) are, for the most part (in the event of those who virulently reject the Bible), quick and ready to identify themselves with the most wicked elements in society - - violent crime, perversion, Islam, rebellion, wilful ignorance, and strenuous opposition to justice and righteousness.  These UBers are characterized by the following: the inability to reason, lack of common sense, the inclination to exercise cruel and unjust tyranny over those who seek after justice and righteousness; and they readily flee from anything which they are incapable of refuting.

Therefore I say that the Urantia Book is only meant and intended by God for the benefit of those who have MASTERED and fully benefited from the Bible.  Those who profess the Bible to be 100% infallible true and accurate profess thereby that they do not really KNOW the Bible.  Therefore they are exceedingly few who have truly mastered the book and consequently come to admit that this book has its serious problems, as the Ancient Fathers likewise admitted.  God graced the world with the Bible for very many centuries as this is the Introductory Book to the ways of salvation.  And the Urantia Book is a book of ADVANCED revelation to supplement the Bible wherein it lacks.  Just as men were incapable of receiving ALL truth in past times, so are they today.  Both the Bible and the Urantia Book are, by the will of God, flawed books, because men cannot handle ALL truth.  Those who rashly reject the salutary truths of the Bible will not receive from God the grace to understand the Urantia Book correctly.  Therefore, unless you are confirmed by the sealing of the Holy Spirit and are transformed in Jesus Christ, I would caution you to regard the Urantia Book as a dangerous book, one which will not lead and guide you to the everlasting presence of God.  The UB in several places makes it EXCEEDINLY CLEAR that only those who adopt the perfection of the Universal Father will proceed on to the 2nd Mansion World and then on to Havona.  Men of good will can obtain truth only from the Father Within Who alone is infallible, and only those who love righteousness will hear Him.


nod - there are 23 sentences included. Please post those which you agree with...those "core" claims which you believe are illuminating and truthful in their wording. I can find perhaps 2 out of 23 that are not blatantly or obviously flawed.

Is God simple? Is Islam the religion of the rebel midwayers? Are UB readers wicked? Is the Bible a "revelation"? Is Urantia evil? Are you expecting another "edition" of the 5th Epochal Revelation? Have I and other UB readers rejected the Bible...or have we discovered new ways to appreciate its value to humanity BECAUSE of the UB? And do I (and other students) suffer from "the inability to reason, lack of common sense, the inclination to exercise cruel and unjust tyranny over those who seek after justice and righteousness; and they readily flee from anything which they are incapable of refuting."? Who are the "Ancient Fathers"? What does it mean to have "Mastered" the Bible? What parts of the Bible are "salutary truths" and which are not? What does it mean to "adopt the perfection of the Universal Father"?

I look forward to the corollaries and collaborations of these words and/or themes within the Papers. I am glad to demonstrate my willingness and capability of refuting all the above claims made by your very self important cousin despite his accusation that us UBers "readily flee from anything which they are incapable of refuting."

I am sure you will find defending him and his words you chose to post and promote a most interesting time of study and reflection. I am looking forward to it. Sometimes we must apply caution in what we wish for.....and sponsor!

nod....I know these are not your words. But you did post them and confirm that, at their "core", they are valid and important. I apologize for my prior personalizations toward you as the agent and publisher of this "work" of claims and proposition and warnings. Going forward, I intend to simply use these posted claims as the foundation for actually reviewing the UB text and its related teachings. I've had many a meal of crow here myself and will serve no more to you. So long as I believe in your own sincerity anyway....and I do so. So...embrace the whole....dismiss the whole....or articulate that which you personally agree with and let us confirm, compare, and contrast THAT with the UB.

:wink: :biggrin: 8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 919
Fanof Van,
Not to speak for Nod, but I took his post back on page 1 (below), to be his explanation of what he saw as useful out of those 23 sentences. Perhaps I am wrong in interpretting his post as such, in which case, I welcome his correction of my presumption.

nodAmanaV wrote:
At this point I would like to thank Larry for not booting me. That's not to say he won't change his mind, but I sincerely hope not. If I had checked the forum rules instead of being unmindful of them, I would not have initiated this topic. I enjoy this place very much. Again, thank you Larry for your understanding.

The reason I thought it would be good to post what my cousin Ray has posted elsewhere (thanks Agon) is exactly what Brad has done with his posts. Like you said Brad, perhaps the topic should be discussed even more.

I think a more careful reread of what Ray has said is necessary to notice two things:

His comments about UBers are directed toward those who dismiss the truths of the Bible. I don't believe that you can truthfully accept the Urantia Book and dismiss the Bible.

The other thing is that he fully supports the Urantia Book.
Like he said, "The concepts of the UB are from God and are indeed wholesome and salutary". Now please consider this. Ray is relatively new to the Urantia Book, just a couple of years. But he's been studying the Bible for about 45 years, like I'm certain few have. Coming from a man of unquestionably sincere devotion to the Truth (he's my cousin and I know him well), his comments are particularly relevant. It is evident however, that he's not yet completely familiar with the text of the Urantia Book. Certain exact details haven't sunk in yet completely. But who hasn't had to deal with that? Thanks Brad for clarifying what the Urantia Book says about the Midwayers and the difference between evil and sin.

Soon more and more Christians will be discovering the Urantia Book. It behooves us all to be better equipped to share the more advanced truths of the Urantia Book with them.


As I said in my post after his, I disagree with him that one must accept the Bible as truth in order to truthfully accept the Urantia Book. In fact, I believe that it is possible to accept the Urantia Book *without ever having read the Bible at all*.

I also think the statement is way oversimplified because the Bible contains many truths, and many myths. One can accept the truths and reject the myths, according to one's own spiritual insights and development.

Finally, I *strongly disagree* with his statement that his cousin "fully supports the Urantia Book". If I told you that all readers of the Bible who reject the Urantia Book are aligned with wickedness (and have no ability to reason, lack of common sense etc.), would you see me as one who "fully supports" the Bible?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3651
Thanks Agon D. Onter!!

I appreciate and look forward to your contributions on the matter. I agree with your comments so far and appreciate your perspective and scholarship! I question nod's claim of Benjamins sincere devotion to Truth myself and nod's further claim that "his comments are particularly relevant." Relevant to what and to whom? Islamaphobes? Conspiracy theorists?

I would also say that the first 60 years and 4 generations of readership in the West have included many, many, many Christians, former Christians, and Biblical scholars and those who love the Good Book both before and after the UB came to them.

Seriously, there is so little proposed that has any validity....except to an ignorant and prejudiced mind in love with its own view and opinions and self importance.

It is risky business to come HERE and both preach to and give false witness as to the contents and importance of the UB. But come whoever will...and join in the fun of discovery!

8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
Alright, you asked so I will do my best to explain.

(in the event of those who virulently reject the Bible)
This is a qualifier. If you don't virulently reject the Bible, all that he said doesn't apply to you.

Therefore I say that the Urantia Book is only meant and intended by God for the benefit of those who have MASTERED and fully benefited from the Bible.
If the book isn't your master, the book is meant for you. So you can benefit by being its master.

Those who profess the Bible to be 100% infallible true and accurate profess thereby that they do not really KNOW the Bible.
That's true.

Therefore they are exceedingly few who have truly mastered the book and consequently come to admit that this book has its serious problems, as the Ancient Fathers likewise admitted.
That's true too. Few of those who claim to have mastered the Bible don't also admit it has serious problems. Ray does. Who he's referring to when using the term Ancient Fathers? Probably people like Jesus, John the Baptist, and most if not all the prophets who came down hard on those who wanted to melt their gold into an idol to "worship" rather than being correct towards God's Will, to be more and more like him.

God graced the world with the Bible for very many centuries as this is the Introductory Book to the ways of salvation. And the Urantia Book is a book of ADVANCED revelation to supplement the Bible wherein it lacks.
That's true.

Just as men were incapable of receiving ALL truth in past times, so are they today. Both the Bible and the Urantia Book are, by the will of God, flawed books, because men cannot handle ALL truth.
That's true. As a truthbook, the Urantia Book is flawed because it doesn't contain ALL truth.

Those who rashly reject the salutary truths of the Bible will not receive from God the grace to understand the Urantia Book correctly.
That's true.

Therefore, unless you are confirmed by the sealing of the Holy Spirit and are transformed in Jesus Christ, I would caution you to regard the Urantia Book as a dangerous book, one which will not lead and guide you to the everlasting presence of God.
The Urantia Book is dangerous if you think that reading it is good enough, while waiting to apply what the Urantia Book says as an actual spiritual experience that has real value. Eternity is forever but time is limited. Limited in its value to identify with Godlikedness. In other words, just reading and not doing what the Urantia Book says is dangerous if you get caught having to dig it out of a hole it was buried in and hand it back to a demanding Ancient Father.

The UB in several places makes it EXCEEDINLY CLEAR that only those who adopt the perfection of the Universal Father will proceed on to the 2nd Mansion World and then on to Havona. Men of good will can obtain truth only from the Father Within Who alone is infallible, and only those who love righteousness will hear Him.
The Dangers of the Urantia Book are of a deep spiritual nature. The core of what is dangerous is to neglect what's at OUR core, the Universal Father, the only source of Truth that's Ultimately dependable.

Please don't think I posted this topic to just stir things up. There is much that we all can learn from one another. It's more about understanding our fellow man more, and most importantly, ourselves. God is working through all of us. Becoming more willing to do his will is a shared goal and experience.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 919
See my comments in red, to Nod's post.

nodAmanaV wrote:
Alright, you asked so I will do my best to explain.

(in the event of those who virulently reject the Bible)
This a qualifier. If you don't virulently reject the Bible, all that he said doesn't apply to you.

Whew! I only mildly reject the Bible, so I guess this doesn't apply to me.

Therefore I say that the Urantia Book is only meant and intended by God for the benefit of those who have MASTERED and fully benefited from the Bible.
If the book isn't your master, the book is meant for you.

He is talking about those who have "mastered ... the Bible". He is using "mastered" as a good thing (and insinuating that he is one such person who has MASTERED the Bible, meaning he is superior to other Bible readers who may not be up to snuff, in his opinion, in their Biblical scholarship). This is nonsense. One's spiritual worth or acumen is not dependent on scholarship of ANY book, including the Urantia Book.


[i]Those who profess the Bible to be 100% infallible true and accurate profess thereby that they do not really KNOW the Bible.

That's true.

This is a statement of trickery and at the same time is stating the obvious. Yet again, an attempt to elevate himself above others and show his own superiority. And yet, he is saying that the Bible is not 100% true; therefore, he admits that he rejects parts of the Bible. Hmmmm ......

Therefore they are exceedingly few who have truly mastered the book and consequently come to admit that this book has its serious problems, as the Ancient Fathers likewise admitted.
That's true too. Few of those who claim to have mastered the Bible don't also admit it has serious problems. Ray does.

So, wait. Those who have 'truly mastered' the Bible 'admit that it has serious problems'; yet if one rejects the Bible, and believes TUB, they are wicked. Do I have that right?

Who he's referring to when using the term Ancient Fathers? Probably people like Jesus, John the Baptist, and most if not all the prophets who came down hard on those who wanted to melt their gold into an idol to "worship" rather than being correct towards God's Will, to be more and more like him.

God graced the world with the Bible for very many centuries as this is the Introductory Book to the ways of salvation. And the Urantia Book is a book of ADVANCED revelation to supplement the Bible wherein it lacks.

That's true.

Show me where it says in the Urantia Book that its purpose is to supplement the Bible wherein it lacks. As FanofVan says, 'the book says what it says, and doesn't say what it doesn't say.' The word "Bible" is not in the Urantia Book at all.

Just as men were incapable of receiving ALL truth in past times, so are they today. Both the Bible and the Urantia Book are, by the will of God, flawed books, because men cannot handle ALL truth.
That's true. As a truthbook, the Urantia Book is flawed because it doesn't contain ALL truth.

How do you know? You must have more truth than the rest of us (or your cousin claims to, or both) if you can claim that you know that TUB doesn't contain ALL truth. I am not saying it does or it does not; I honestly do not know. How could I know if something is NOT ALL truth? I would have to know ALL truth before I could judge something as lacking in some truth.

Those who rashly reject the salutary truths of the Bible will not receive from God the grace to understand the Urantia Book correctly.
That's true.

Nonsense! God gives his grace to all, unconditionally. Or so we learn from the Urantia Book. Those who have not read the Bible can still understand the UB correctly because their Thought Adjuster is present, just as in nearly everyone else.

Therefore, unless you are confirmed by the sealing of the Holy Spirit and are transformed in Jesus Christ, I would caution you to regard the Urantia Book as a dangerous book, one which will not lead and guide you to the everlasting presence of God.
The Urantia Book is dangerous if you think that reading it is good enough, while waiting to apply what the Urantia Book says as an actual spiritual experience that has real value. Eternity is forever but time is limited. Limited in its value to identify with Godlikedness. In other words, just reading and not doing what the Urantia Book says is dangerous if you get caught having to dig it out of a hole it was buried in and hand it back to a demanding Ancient Father.

What does it mean to be "confirmed by the sealing of the Holy Spirit"? Please provide the TUB reference. (The word "sealing" does not appear in TUB.) HOW does that happen? I agree with you that we need to read it and also to act on it in our daily living. I disagree with you, though, that it is "dangerous" if we fail in any sincere attempt to do so. Also, who is this "demanding Ancient Father" you refer to?

The UB in several places makes it EXCEEDINLY CLEAR that only those who adopt the perfection of the Universal Father will proceed on to the 2nd Mansion World and then on to Havona. Men of good will can obtain truth only from the Father Within Who alone is infallible, and only those who love righteousness will hear Him.
The DANGERS of the URANTIA Book are of a deep spiritual nature. The core of what is dangerous is to neglect what's at OUR core, the Universal Father, the only source of Truth that's Ultimately dependable.

We are not expected to achieve perfection by the 2nd Mansion World. We have the opportunity to reside on all 7 Mansion Worlds to learn and grow, spiritually. Then it's on to Jerusem, which is the place where we are expected to take a more decisive step toward working toward perfection. There are several additional stops before we actually reach Havona.

47:9.5 (539.2) You will greatly enjoy your progress through the seven dematerializing worlds; they are really demortalizing spheres. You are mostly human on the first mansion world, just a mortal being minus a material body, a human mind housed in a morontia form — a material body of the morontia world but not a mortal house of flesh and blood. You really pass from the mortal state to the immortal status at the time of Adjuster fusion, and by the time you have finished the Jerusem career, you will be full-fledged morontians.


Please don't think I posted this topic to just stir things up. There is much that we all can learn from one another. It's more about understanding our fellow man more. God is working through all of us. Becoming more willing to do his will is a shared goal and experience.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 919
Oh, and let's not ignore the elephant in the room. The source of this material is a post on the Facebook page of "Gabriel of Urantia". :roll:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
(5:1.6) If mortal man is wholeheartedly spiritually motivated, unreservedly consecrated to the doing of the Father's will, then, since he is so certainly and so effectively spiritually endowed by the indwelling and divine Adjuster, there cannot fail to materialize in that individual's experience the sublime consciousness of knowing God and the supernal assurance of surviving for the purpose of finding God by the progressive experience of becoming more and more like him.

Let's not ignore that.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm +0000
Posts: 690
Location: Savannah GA
All I can say here is that I yet to crack open a bible, yet I feel that I have gained much from the UB. Mastery of one form of aptitude is no prerequisite for experience with another.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
The only real need is to develop an aptitude to master ourselves.

(143:2.3) Self-mastery is the measure of man's moral nature and the indicator of his spiritual development.

(143:2.4) The new law of the spirit endows you with the liberty of self-mastery

(143:2.7) Your secret of the mastery of self is bound up with your faith in the indwelling spirit, which ever works by love.

143:2.8 "If, then, my children, you are born of the spirit, you are forever delivered from the self-conscious bondage of a life of self-denial and watchcare over the desires of the flesh, and you are translated into the joyous kingdom of the spirit, whence you spontaneously show forth the fruits of the spirit in your daily lives; and the fruits of the spirit are the essence of the highest type of enjoyable and ennobling self-control, even the heights of terrestrial mortal attainment—true self-mastery."


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3651
It would be helpful nod if you would connect your quotes to the discussion you began. Thank you.

Benjamins says:

"The UB does not consequently, in its present edition, have the power of grace to transform lives into righteousness as the Bible in fact does."

Me here: He'll be glad to know that Crazy Gabe in the desert (his new friend on FB) is writing a new "edition" of the UB...and twice as long too!! Of course, no words spoken or printed transforms any life...until lived. Words may educate and inspire but not transform.

As to the comical claim that the UB does not contain ALL the truth in the universe: Only God knows ALL the truth and our entire ascension is focused on a constant acquirement of truth....experientially acquired. This is a nonsensical "fact" presented. The UB does not contain ALL the facts of universe reality either. But just because it does contain ALL truth and ALL facts does not mean it is untruthful or not factual does it?? A ridiculous objection to the importance and value of the facts given about universe reality and the false claim that this means "the Urantia Book is flawed because it doesn't contain ALL truth" - what a paper tiger/red herring argument.

No one who actually reads the UB might ever conclude that reading the book is "good enough"...another fallacious claim and concern. Nor could any serious student conclude that it's okay "to neglect what's at OUR core, the Universal Father....". These sound like accusations towards others which cannot be known by you nod or your cousin. Again, you demonstrate your anxieties about what others are doing or not doing or should be doing that are not being done. I recall the Master telling about the beam in our own eye and our own blindness to see to. Whom do you accuse of such beliefs?

8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 919
nodAmanaV wrote:
(5:1.6) If mortal man is wholeheartedly spiritually motivated, unreservedly consecrated to the doing of the Father's will, then, since he is so certainly and so effectively spiritually endowed by the indwelling and divine Adjuster, there cannot fail to materialize in that individual's experience the sublime consciousness of knowing God and the supernal assurance of surviving for the purpose of finding God by the progressive experience of becoming more and more like him.

Let's not ignore that.


Really? I spent a considerable amount of time posting a detailed analysis focused on the subject of your thread, inviting your thoughtful response and instead you slap-dash a random TUB quote?

My questions deserve a response, Nod.
Quote:
Those who have 'truly mastered' the Bible 'admit that it has serious problems'; yet if one rejects the Bible, and believes TUB, they are wicked. Do I have that right?


Quote:
What does it mean to be "confirmed by the sealing of the Holy Spirit"? Please provide the TUB reference.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
Agon D. Onter wrote:
nodAmanaV wrote:
(5:1.6) If mortal man is wholeheartedly spiritually motivated, unreservedly consecrated to the doing of the Father's will, then, since he is so certainly and so effectively spiritually endowed by the indwelling and divine Adjuster, there cannot fail to materialize in that individual's experience the sublime consciousness of knowing God and the supernal assurance of surviving for the purpose of finding God by the progressive experience of becoming more and more like him.

Let's not ignore that.


Really? I spent a considerable amount of time posting a detailed analysis focused on the subject of your thread, inviting your thoughtful response and instead you slap-dash a random TUB quote?
Please, if it'll make you feel better, give me a spanking but why did you think it a random quote?

My questions deserve a response, Nod.
Quote:
Those who have 'truly mastered' the Bible 'admit that it has serious problems'; yet if one rejects the Bible, and believes TUB, they are wicked. Do I have that right?
He said it's wicked to virulently reject the Truth, wherever it manifests I think is what he's saying. You agree don't you? Why are you reading so much into it?

Quote:
What does it mean to be "confirmed by the sealing of the Holy Spirit"? Please provide the TUB reference.
Well, if you take it in terms of a manner of speech then, will you need a quote from the Urantia Book to understand?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
I hope you don't think this is a random quote Agon:

(155:6.5) The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: katroofjebus


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group