Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:02 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Will Of God
PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
I'm wondering how the hungry can get the food we are privileged to be eating. I just want to share some of it with them. Got any ideas?

It is sad and unfortunate, nod, that the hand you extend in sharing receives a vicious bite. The gift on the stone alter has turned to stone. And a cold heart is made of stone.

It is not the Will of God that it be this way.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

nod.....There's lots of ways to serve dissemination of the Revelation and also the connectivity of the readership. Here's but one way. There are many others.

http://urantia-association.org/get-involved/

8)

PostPosted:  

175:1.12 “Woe upon you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You would shut the doors of the kingdom of heaven against sincere men because they happen to be unlearned in the ways of your teaching. You refuse to enter the kingdom and at the same time do everything within your power to prevent all others from entering. You stand with your backs to the doors of salvation and fight with all who would enter therein.

PostPosted:  

Greetings nod,

I agree with Brad. The best thing you can do is get off the praise computer and go out and do something to help other people. Go out and ask people what they need and see if you can provide. Even if the internet was available in the first century, I doubt very much that Jesus would sit in the house all day typing.

Regards,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
nod.....There's lots of ways to serve dissemination of the Revelation and also the connectivity of the readership. Here's but one way. There are many others.

8)

Thank you Brad. I'm looking for the help you've given me. I'm hungry for more. More food.

PostPosted:  

Greetings nod,

I agree with Brad and Rexford. The best thing you can possibly do is to get off the computer, as they will do, and go out and do something.

Go out and ask people what it is that they need. I think everyone should get off the computer, not just you, nod. I think that Brad's and Rexford's advice should extend to everyone on blogs, everywhere. Get out and do something. The worst thing is virtual group study, where all that you do is live virtually, but there is no virtue in that.

I am sure that as leaders here on the forum, both Brad and Rexford would be happy to take the lead and show us the way out of this virtual mess. I quess what they are saying is that you nod, must lose the forum in order to save it.

It is The Will of God that we live our lives virtuously.

Regards,
Louis

PostPosted:  

Louis...you are certainly NOT agreeing with me. I offer nod no advice nor tell others what they should be doing; I simply responded to a direct request. I am not a leader here either....and do plenty in service on and off the computer. Speak for yourself if you please.

:-$ =; 8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Louis...you are certainly NOT agreeing with me. I offer nod no advice nor tell others what they should be doing; I simply responded to a direct request. I am not a leader here either....and do plenty in service on and off the computer. Speak for yourself if you please.

:-$ =; 8)

Bradly... so sorry, my bad. I assumed that when I agreed with Rexford, who agreed with you, that I was agreeing with the both of you. I guess that is what one gets when one assumes too much.

Rexford wrote:
I agree with Brad. The best thing you can do is get off the praise computer and go out and do something to help other people. Go out and ask people what they need and see if you can provide. Even if the internet was available in the first century, I doubt very much that Jesus would sit in the house all day typing.

So can I now assume that you do not agree with Rexford when he states that he agreed with you? Are you now saying that you would never tell nod what to do, as Rexford has done?

Even though you do no not tell others what they should be doing, I will heed your advise and speak for myself in the future. And thank you, Sir, for saying "please". And here I was trying to be agreeable with the teacher. I blew it, my bad.

It is the Will Of God that brothers get along.

PostPosted:  

Lagniappe
This is a word that I encountered while in college in New Orleans. It mean "a little extra", a gift given a customer by a merchant at the time of purchase, a baker's dozen, a lolly pop to a child after a haircut.

Rexford reminded us that we cannot live on a computer. Although I do not think any of us do, most of all nod, we can still give a little more, do a little more.

Let me tell you of a disturbing trend in my profession that will affect all of you. Doctors are now mandated by government to maintain electronic medical records. This means that your doctors, and mine, will have less time to spend on the patients because more time needs to be spent on computer documentation of the doctor visit. Nurses in hospitals spend 95% of their time documenting on computers and 5% on actual patient contact. Some doctor are employing medical scribes to input onto the computer while they are doing their visit, the result is that there is less privacy in your doctors office. If you smoke, drink alcohol, are overweight, or do not exercise and admit that to your doctor, they are forced to put that information about you in the "cloud". Eventually, you will pay more in insurance premiums for your transgressions and lack of self-discipline. Something new coming down the pike is a new mandate that doctors will be paid by performance ratings. Doctor's reimbursements will be based on how well their patients are doing. The unintended consequence of this (maybe not unintended) is a disincentive for doctors to see really sick patients and fill their schedules with healthy compliant patients. The really sick and needy patients will be pushed aside because they are not good for the doctor's performance rating and bottom line..

I have had to confront this head on and I decided 2 years ago that I would see less patients so that I could give my patients what they needed at their visit, and a little extra, and still comply with the government mandates to document on the computer. The programs in EMR (electronic medical records) require all pertinent (and potentially damning) information to be documented before a patient encounter can be closed and billed to the insurance. I am a short ways away from retirement so it is really no sacrifice for me, but I foresee suffering if this sort of thing continues, and patients are tossed aside to die quicker because of government temptations. Really sad and eye opening!

We are all tempted in this life but we must resist these temptations from where ever they are coming from. We must be willing to give some lagniappe. We must be willing to go the extra mile even if it is out of our way.

It is The Will Of God that we go the extra mile with our brothers.

PostPosted:  

MannyC wrote:
It is The Will Of God that we go the extra mile with our brothers.

Thanks Louis for always doing it, always going the extra mile. What you've shared about EMR's fits the disturbing pattern of an out of control and cannibalistic government. With its self-serving right hand, it eats itself by its left.

PostPosted:  

Greetings slyde,

You wrote:
slyde wrote:
Me go elsewhere. I certainly won't be the first! Bye. :D

On further consideration, I think you are on to something there.

Regards,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

8)

Thank you Brad. I'm looking for the help you've given me. I'm hungry for more. More food.

nod - you might also really enjoy the Urantia Book Internet School...I've taken 3 classes there. Multiple courses and levels every semester....great facilitators and student body from around the world!! Check it out: http://ubis.urantia.org/moodle/

8)

PostPosted:  

I think a few things interesting. Jim George explains "chasing rainbows" as to pursue illusory or fictitious goal. But how does metaphor weigh against the idea of Thought Adjuster?, which is existential if not fictitious.

Also, Rex mentions that the lost sheep is equal value to 99 other sheep in flock. The lost sheep is equal, perhaps, within the perception of master shephard to each of other sheep in flock.

Then there is the idea of Self-Control, personal discipline, as being reflective of spiritual or circle progress. But the word "Control" is perhaps definetly incorrect. How do you control, if there is no actual plan to pursue? Where is the control of Paradise? I say you are incorrect that a person with self-discipline cannot discipline others. The overcontrol of the universe is directed through the Supreme Being, which is not to say the Supreme Being is entirely independent of the existential Trinity.

PostPosted:  

Mr. Kelly,

As you well know, it is difficult to communicate with those who misunderstand but do not recognize their error and therefore ask for no clarification. Your comment:

Quote:
Jim George explains "chasing rainbows" as to pursue illusory or fictitious goal.

but my comment upon which the rainbow metaphor was used was as follows.

Quote:
My brothers, the ink on the page may be black and white but the reality is an eternal rainbow for each of us to decipher.

The subject of the comment was the difference between the human tendency to allow our own personal frames of reference to be the qualifiers of the accuracy of our understanding as opposed to adopting a willingness to see that the universe contains potentials of reality appreciation with frames of reference so varied and exhilarating that they would seem as real as mere rainbows to us in this present time. Is this not a more real and viable manner to adopt in deciphering spiritual concepts? The thought adjusters picturizations are not merely black and white and fact based. They are inspiring visions presented to our superconscious minds illustrative of areas of our souls that we have yet to master but shall some day. Far from being either illusory or fictitious, they can represent the highest and most divine concepts we are able to entertain. From a logical perspective of pure rationality they must seem fictitious but within the deeply personal development of our souls they can be awakenings. Remember, spiritual things must be loved in order to be known. We have to love it so we can experience it then we can study our experience so we can know it. Is not the entertainment of a concept of divinity which we have never really experienced a source of inspiration within our soul. Do we reject the inspiration simply because we cannot fathom the "facts" of it? We need to let God inspire us here. Yes we may not be dealing in known facts but we are dealing with ever growing personal truth and ever growing personal reality.

Jim

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
slyde wrote:
Me go elsewhere. I certainly won't be the first! Bye.

On further consideration, I think you are on to something there.

179:4.6 When Jesus had thus spoken, leaning over toward Judas, he said: “What you have decided to do, do quickly.”

It is The Will of God that we live loyally and worship Him and Him alone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next