Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:10 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Will Of God
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Still looking for his shoes

More like boots or perhaps fisherman's waders! :mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

It is the Will Of God that we enter the Kingdom.

Rexford wrote:
Why people cannot disagree without bringing out the heavy artillery is beyond me

Rexford wrote:
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Take no offense, have no defense.

137:8.8 “Those who first seek to enter the kingdom, thus beginning to strive for a nobility of character like that of my Father, shall presently possess all else that is needful. But I say to you in all sincerity: Unless you seek entrance into the kingdom with the faith and trusting dependence of a little child, you shall in no wise gain admission.

The faith and trusting dependence of a little child is completely without defense. This trusting child bears no armament.

140:6.11 When Jesus heard this, he said: "Be willing, then, to take up your responsibilities and follow me. Do your good deeds in secret; when you give alms, let not the left hand know what the right hand does. And when you pray, go apart by yourselves and use not vain repetitions and meaningless phrases. Always remember that the Father knows what you need even before you ask him. And be not given to fasting with a sad countenance to be seen by men. As my chosen apostles, now set apart for the service of the kingdom, lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth, but by your unselfish service lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, for where your treasures are, there will your hearts be also.

Treasure nothing that you can place into your hands, only that which you can place in your heart.

Do your good deeds in secret. Loving service is not to be done in public. There are no pennies from heaven coming our way for public service.

140:1.5 "Your message to the world shall be: Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and in finding these, all other things essential to eternal survival shall be secured therewith. And now would I make it plain to you that this kingdom of my Father will not come with an outward show of power or with unseemly demonstration. You are not to go hence in the proclamation of the kingdom, saying, `it is here' or `it is there,' for this kingdom of which you preach is God within you.

The kingdom of God cannot be seen or touched or studied, it is God within you.

PostPosted:  

By the way, the petty bickering has ruined this forum...................that's the truth part. As for beauty and goodness I see none. :x

PostPosted:  

slyde wrote:
By the way, the petty bickering has ruined this forum...................that's the truth part. As for beauty and goodness I see none. :x

And do you value this forum more than your bickering brothers???

Can you see the Fragment of Your Father in the minds of your brothers? Can you see the Fragment of Father in your own mind?

If not, you will never see any Truth, Beauty and Goodness.

PostPosted:  

No take bait! :mrgreen:
Me go elsewhere. I certainly won't be the first! Bye. :D

PostPosted:  

159:4.10 “But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.”

183:2.2 Judas was much perturbed by this failure to find Jesus at the Mark residence and in the company of eleven men, only two of whom were armed for resistance. He happened to know that, in the afternoon when they had left camp, only Simon Peter and Simon Zelotes were girded with swords; Judas had hoped to take Jesus when the city was quiet, and when there was little chance of resistance. The betrayer feared that, if he waited for them to return to their camp, more than threescore of devoted disciples would be encountered, and he also knew that Simon Zelotes had an ample store of arms in his possession. Judas was becoming increasingly nervous as he meditated how the eleven loyal apostles would detest him, and he feared they would all seek to destroy him. He was not only disloyal, but he was a real coward at heart.

PostPosted:  

Greetings slyde,

slyde wrote:

Isn't ruining the forum the sole purpose of constantly side tracking conversation into a meaningless circle of self-centered meandering claptrap? May I suggest that what we see here is not much different than what happened back in the early days of the rebellion when the planetary schools based on the First Epochal Revelation were systematically perverted and poisoned by perfidy.

It was one of the most profoundly shocking episodes of this rebellion for me to learn of the callous perfidy of one of my own order of sonship, Caligastia, who, in deliberation and with malice aforethought, systematically perverted the instruction and poisoned the teaching provided in all the Urantia planetary schools in operation at that time. The wreck of these schools was speedy and complete. 50:4:12

Should we allow this to happen again to the Fifth Epochal Revelation? I think it takes courage to carry on in the face of perversion, which we so amply see posted here daily. The management apparently is not impressed with the danger it poses, but that should only encourage truth-seekers to work harder to keep the Revelation from being beaten up.

It is possible that this forum will get wrecked by allowing perversion to continue, but the Revelation itself will not be wrecked. Truth is inconcussible; it will live regardless.

Truth is inconcussible — forever exempt from all transient vicissitudes, albeit never dead and formal, always vibrant and adaptable — radiantly alive. 118:3:3  

Respectfully,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
Isn't ruining the forum the sole purpose of constantly side tracking conversation into a meaningless circle of self-centered meandering claptrap? May I suggest that what we see here is not much different than what happened back in the early days of the rebellion when the planetary schools based on the First Epochal Revelation were systematically perverted and poisoned by perfidy.

My last two post quoted TUB. Was that sidetracking the conversation? They pertained to the topic, "The Will Of God.

Were the quotes I offered up self centered meandering claptrap?

Rexford wrote:
Should we allow this to happen again to the Fifth Epochal Revelation? I think it takes courage to carry on in the face of perversion, which we so amply see posted here daily. The management apparently is not impressed with the danger it poses, but that should only encourage truth-seekers to work harder to keep the Revelation from being beaten up.

Why do you persist then in your belligerence? I have offered up a truce but you refuse. Why, I ask? Perhaps you wish to appeal to the management and long to make a stronger case by drawing me out? Perhaps you should do as the Sanhedrin did 2000 thousand years ago, forcing the hand of Pilate.

Pilate did not see the dangers that Jesus posed. I don't see Larry falling for that one.

The revelation is safe here on Truthbook. We cannot seek for uniformity of thought between brothers, celestial or human, but we can seek unity in spirit.

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
"That large numbers of people who have spent their lives habitually avoiding the personal heavy lifting are going to get super excited about the process of personal remediation in hyper-focus seems, highly unlikely. Habitual laziness does not respond well to this kind of demand."

Jim, I think this is perhaps the most significant thing I've ever heard you say. I remember you saying that we in the world were going to be astonished at the love Jesus was going to show us. I understand better what you meant now. I see that salvation only occurs specifically. There are no substitutions. This is what's behind "if you survive".

For many years my view was much like Brad's, "no worries dude, we'll all get there". But not any more. Living in accordance to God's will is specific, we are tested here to see if there's a minimum of proper natural response. If there's only a flicker, then one will be faced with a Mt Everest to climb on resurrection morning, a long day after (a dispensation really) than was intended as you have pointed out.

When you look at what Jesus said (166:3.4) it's obvious. God doesn't keep people out of heaven, people refuse to get to work and instead make a career of unnecessary burden in avoiding the only way that actually does work. They're wasting their time while their invitation to eternity is abused. I'm convinced, most don't care. The investment the world has in continuing this unnecessary burden, is tearing. In our homes, in the streets, and in the lives of even Urantia Book experts, it's playing out.

Rexford used a term of specifics here lately. He ended one of his many dissertations with the phrase "Get it". I see now that that's what God hopes. That's why he has gone through the unbelievable effort to create a place in an otherwise perfect universe to see if at least some will "get it". Not because he's a hard task master, but rather because there's only one thing to "get". And there's nothing he can do about it, if one doesn't. He has done all that can be done.

The astonishing thing about this love to me is that he has made this endeavor personal. That in seeking the experience of perfection in an imperfect place, God chose to allow us to share it with him if we care, starting out with an absolutely imperfect freewill. And this is what's astonishing about the love of Jesus, and what you said above is an indication of just how narrow the way really is.

Specifically because of this love.
"This is the way"
The only way.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Jim George wrote:
"That large numbers of people who have spent their lives habitually avoiding the personal heavy lifting are going to get super excited about the process of personal remediation in hyper-focus seems, highly unlikely. Habitual laziness does not respond well to this kind of demand."

Jim, I think this is perhaps the most significant thing I've ever heard you say. I remember you saying that we in the world were going to be astonished at the love Jesus was going to show us. I understand better what you meant now. I see that salvation only occurs specifically. There are no substitutions. This is what's behind "if you survive".

For many years my view was much like Brad's, "no worries dude, we'll all get there". But not any more. Living in accordance to God's will is specific, we are tested here to see if there's a minimum of proper natural response. If there's only a flicker, then one will be faced with a Mt Everest to climb on resurrection morning, a long day after (a dispensation really) than was intended as you have pointed out.

When you look at what Jesus said (166:3.4) it's obvious. God doesn't keep people out of heaven, people refuse to get to work and instead make a career of unnecessary burden in avoiding the only way that actually does work. They're wasting their time while their invitation to eternity is abused. I'm convinced, most don't care. The investment the world has in continuing this unnecessary burden, is tearing. In our homes, in the streets, and in the lives of even Urantia Book experts, it's playing out.

Rexford used a term of specifics here lately. He ended one of his many dissertations with the phrase "Get it". I see now that that's what God hopes. That's why he has gone through the unbelievable effort to create a place in an otherwise perfect universe to see if at least some will "get it". Not because he's a hard task master, but rather because there's only one thing to "get". And there's nothing he can do about it, if one doesn't. He has done all that can be done.

The astonishing thing about this love to me is that he has made this endeavor personal. That in seeking the experience of perfection in an imperfect place, God chose to allow us to share it with him if we care, starting out with an absolutely imperfect freewill. And this is what's astonishing about the love of Jesus, and what you said above is an indication of just how narrow the way really is.

Specifically because of this love.
"This is the way"
The only way.

Hi nod,

By George, I think you've got it! :smile:

PostPosted:  

nod says above: "For many years my view was much like Brad's, "no worries dude, we'll all get there". But not any more. Living in accordance to God's will is specific, we are tested here to see if there's a minimum of proper natural response. If there's only a flicker, then one will be faced with a Mt Everest to climb on resurrection morning, a long day after (a dispensation really) than was intended as you have pointed out.

Never have I been more misquoted or misunderstood!! A new low of personal dismissal for you nod.

Please do worry....worry, worry, worry....it seems to bring you so much satisfaction. Worry about what others do and should do instead; worry about what others are not doing that you and Jim think they should be. Worry about whether the universe is really friendly like Jesus claimed or if the Most Highs and Seraphim can actually be trusted with our planetary mortal epochs or whether the TA, Holy Spirit, and Spirit of Truth can be trusted to minister to all minds and successfully bring mortals to Paradise, and, of course, worry about whether Gabriel can be trusted and worry if God's love and mercy is true and just. Worry dude!!

How's that working for you? Does it bring you closer to God? Does it accelerate you through the circles? Does it assist you in your ministry of service and love for others? Does this mind poison deliver up the fruits of the Spirit for you? I keep waiting for you guys to post that text which delivers such doubts, suspicions, paranoia, and dark perspective of reality. The UB is a gift of light and hope and inspiration in its factual presentations and teachings of reality. It takes a certain kind of mind and "talent" to torment and twist it into such despair. I simply don't get it.

Your insinuation is insulting. I must have written a hundred times on a hundred topics after Jim or you or Louis has made the same false claim (including this very topic and thread!): I am not indifferent, uncaring, indolent, self satisfied, smug, disengaged from life and service, selfish, superior, or any other thing that you seem to suggest by such nonsense!

There are two important tadpole steps - survival and fusion. What must one do to survive? I really don't know and make no claims and have never claimed to know how many have the "flicker" sufficient for survival. I do know very clearly what I must do to attain fusion....and believe it or not, I have been eagerly, faithfully, earnestly, and sincerely engaged fully in that pursuit.

It's not my job to worry....about the cut off point or planetary epochal progress, or what others do and don't do or choose or not choose. Evidently, that's YOUR job. Best of luck with that dude. Worry, worry, worry. Doubt, doubt, doubt. How's that working for you again?

Seriously Brother, I hope you grow out of this and learn to trust God and his friendly universe. My personal assurance in my personal destiny and my loving Father is not subject to the opinions of others. Just so you know.

:roll:

133:5.8 (1477.3) There is unity in the cosmic universe if you could only discern its workings in actuality. The real universe is friendly to every child of the eternal God. The real problem is: How can the finite mind of man achieve a logical, true, and corresponding unity of thought? This universe-knowing state of mind can be had only by conceiving that the quantitative fact and the qualitative value have a common causation in the Paradise Father. Such a conception of reality yields a broader insight into the purposeful unity of universe phenomena; it even reveals a spiritual goal of progressive personality achievement. And this is a concept of unity which can sense the unchanging background of a living universe of continually changing impersonal relations and evolving personal relationships.

180:5.8 (1950.3) But the highest realization and the truest interpretation of the golden rule consists in the consciousness of the spirit of the truth of the enduring and living reality of such a divine declaration. The true cosmic meaning of this rule of universal relationship is revealed only in its spiritual realization, in the interpretation of the law of conduct by the spirit of the Son to the spirit of the Father that indwells the soul of mortal man. And when such spirit-led mortals realize the true meaning of this golden rule, they are filled to overflowing with the assurance of citizenship in a friendly universe, and their ideals of spirit reality are satisfied only when they love their fellows as Jesus loved us all, and that is the reality of the realization of the love of God.

:!: :idea: :smile: :wink: 8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
I keep waiting for you guys to post that text which delivers such doubts, suspicions, paranoia, and dark perspective of reality.

A tale of woe, doubts, suspicions, paranoia, and dark perspective, but only to those to whom it applies.

166:1.4 When the Master had thus spoken, they cast their eyes upon the table and remained silent. And since no one spoke, Jesus continued: “Many of you Pharisees are here with me as friends, some are even my disciples, but the majority of the Pharisees are persistent in their refusal to see the light and acknowledge the truth, even when the work of the gospel is brought before them in great power. How carefully you cleanse the outside of the cups and the platters while the spiritual-food vessels are filthy and polluted! You make sure to present a pious and holy appearance to the people, but your inner souls are filled with self-righteousness, covetousness, extortion, and all manner of spiritual wickedness. Your leaders even dare to plot and plan the murder of the Son of Man. Do not you foolish men understand that the God of heaven looks at the inner motives of the soul as well as on your outer pretenses and your pious professions? Think not that the giving of alms and the paying of tithes will cleanse you from unrighteousness and enable you to stand clean in the presence of the Judge of all men. Woe upon you Pharisees who have persisted in rejecting the light of life! You are meticulous in tithing and ostentatious in almsgiving, but you knowingly spurn the visitation of God and reject the revelation of his love. Though it is all right for you to give attention to these minor duties, you should not have left these weightier requirements undone. Woe upon all who shun justice, spurn mercy, and reject truth! Woe upon all those who despise the revelation of the Father while they seek the chief seats in the synagogue and crave flattering salutations in the market places!”

166:1.5 When Jesus would have risen to depart, one of the lawyers who was at the table, addressing him, said: “But, Master, in some of your statements you reproach us also. Is there nothing good in the scribes, the Pharisees, or the lawyers?” And Jesus, standing, replied to the lawyer: “You, like the Pharisees, delight in the first places at the feasts and in wearing long robes while you put heavy burdens, grievous to be borne, on men's shoulders. And when the souls of men stagger under these heavy burdens, you will not so much as lift with one of your fingers. Woe upon you who take your greatest delight in building tombs for the prophets your fathers killed! And that you consent to what your fathers did is made manifest when you now plan to kill those who come in this day doing what the prophets did in their day—proclaiming the righteousness of God and revealing the mercy of the heavenly Father. But of all the generations that are past, the blood of the prophets and the apostles shall be required of this perverse and self-righteous generation. Woe upon all of you lawyers who have taken away the key of knowledge from the common people! You yourselves refuse to enter into the way of truth, and at the same time you would hinder all others who seek to enter therein. But you cannot thus shut up the doors of the kingdom of heaven; these we have opened to all who have the faith to enter, and these portals of mercy shall not be closed by the prejudice and arrogance of false teachers and untrue shepherds who are like whited sepulchres which, while outwardly they appear beautiful, are inwardly full of dead men's bones and all manner of spiritual uncleanness.”

175:1.12 “Woe upon you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You would shut the doors of the kingdom of heaven against sincere men because they happen to be unlearned in the ways of your teaching. You refuse to enter the kingdom and at the same time do everything within your power to prevent all others from entering. You stand with your backs to the doors of salvation and fight with all who would enter therein.

175:1.13 “Woe upon you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites that you are! for you do indeed encompass land and sea to make one proselyte, and when you have succeeded, you are not content until you have made him twofold worse than he was as a child of the heathen.

175:1.14 “Woe upon you, chief priests and rulers who lay hold of the property of the poor and demand heavy dues of those who would serve God as they think Moses ordained! You who refuse to show mercy, can you hope for mercy in the worlds to come?

175:1.15 “Woe upon you, false teachers, blind guides! What can be expected of a nation when the blind lead the blind? They both shall stumble into the pit of destruction.

175:1.16 “Woe upon you who dissimulate when you take an oath! You are tricksters since you teach that a man may swear by the temple and break his oath, but that whoso swears by the gold in the temple must remain bound. You are all fools and blind. You are not even consistent in your dishonesty, for which is the greater, the gold or the temple which has supposedly sanctified the gold? You also teach that, if a man swears by the altar, it is nothing; but that, if one swears by the gift that is upon the altar, then shall he be held as a debtor. Again are you blind to the truth, for which is the greater, the gift or the altar which sanctifies the gift? How can you justify such hypocrisy and dishonesty in the sight of the God of heaven?

175:1.17 “Woe upon you, scribes and Pharisees and all other hypocrites who make sure that they tithe mint, anise, and cumin and at the same time disregard the weightier matters of the law — faith, mercy, and judgment! Within reason, the one you ought to have done but not to have left the other undone. You are truly blind guides and dumb teachers; you strain out the gnat and swallow the camel.

175:1.18 “Woe upon you, scribes, Pharisees, and hypocrites! for you are scrupulous to cleanse the outside of the cup and the platter, but within there remains the filth of extortion, excesses, and deception. You are spiritually blind. Do you not recognize how much better it would be first to cleanse the inside of the cup, and then that which spills over would of itself cleanse the outside? You wicked reprobates! you make the outward performances of your religion to conform with the letter of your interpretation of Moses' law while your souls are steeped in iniquity and filled with murder.

175:1.19 “Woe upon all of you who reject truth and spurn mercy! Many of you are like whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear beautiful but within are full of dead men's bones and all sorts of uncleanness. Even so do you who knowingly reject the counsel of God appear outwardly to men as holy and righteous, but inwardly your hearts are filled with hypocrisy and iniquity.

175:1.20 “Woe upon you, false guides of a nation! Over yonder have you built a monument to the martyred prophets of old, while you plot to destroy him of whom they spoke. You garnish the tombs of the righteous and flatter yourselves that, had you lived in the days of your fathers, you would not have killed the prophets; and then in the face of such self-righteous thinking you make ready to slay him of whom the prophets spoke, the Son of Man. Inasmuch as you do these things, are you witness to yourselves that you are the wicked sons of them who slew the prophets. Go on, then, and fill up the cup of your condemnation to the full!

175:1.21 “Woe upon you, children of evil! John did truly call you the offspring of vipers, and I ask how can you escape the judgment that John pronounced upon you?

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls...

Last edited by MannyC on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:05 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Never have I been more misquoted or misunderstood!! A new low of personal dismissal for you nod.

Holy chicken crap Brad, what in the world goes on in your head? Why do you react like we're chickens and I just pecked the corn kernel out of your mouth!

I didn't dismiss you, I upheld you. Like you, I would tell people the exact same thing "no worries dude, we'll all get there". I wasn't quoting you! But tell me Brad, did Jesus tell people this, don't worry, do whatever you want, freewill baby, it's a friendly universe, take all the time you want?

NO!

He said - let me demonstrate to you how critical it is to get it right and dismiss those who insist you follow their "by the book" instructions. See, it's so wrong for you to fall under the spell of this error that I'll lay down my life in a horrible way, submit to their determination to silence me and by the process of being murdered publicly, I will write a book that is unfalsifiable. But reading it will still require you to get it.

Try not to peck the wrong way Brad. It's a friendly universe.

(176:2.3) Jesus said: "And so will my Father continue to manifest his mercy and show forth his love, even to this dark and evil world.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
He said - let me demonstrate to you how critical it is to get it right and dismiss those who insist you follow their "by the book" instructions. See, it's so wrong for you to fall under the spell of this error that I'll lay down my life in a horrible way, submit to their determination to silence me and by the process of being murdered publicly, I will write a book that is unfalsifiable. But reading it will still require you to get it.

Well Said, nod. Although it is not a direct quote, it is as perfect a paraphrasing as I have seen.

PostPosted:  

Greetings Brad,

I also thought nod had misunderstood you to mean park the barcalounger in Margaritaville. If I hadn't been out with the family, I would have posted in your defense.

"Don't worry dude," means don't worry about an Old Testament God aiming lightening bolts at you. Don't worry over your disappointments. Don't worry about being all alone in the struggle. Don't worry about the material things in life. Don't over worry and let anxiety stunt your growth. Don't constantly worry about what circle you are in. Don't worry about what other people should or should not be doing.

The Adjuster does everything he can to work through our life's vicissitudes as a partner, which should help worries very much. That does not mean there is no effort involved in this. But having a partner in it certainly knocks some of the worry right out of it.

May I admonish you to heed the distant echo of the Adjuster's faithful call to your soul? The indwelling Adjuster cannot stop or even materially alter your career struggle of time; the Adjuster cannot lessen the hardships of life as you journey on through this world of toil. The divine indweller can only patiently forbear while you fight the battle of life as it is lived on your planet; but you could, if you only would - as you work and worry, as you fight and toil - permit the valiant Adjuster to fight with you and for you. You could be so comforted and inspired, so enthralled and intrigued, if you would only allow the Adjuster constantly to bring forth the pictures of the real motive, the final aim, and the eternal purpose of all this difficult, uphill struggle with the commonplace problems of your present material world. 111:7:2

They learned that, when religion is wholly spiritual in motive, it makes all life more worth while, filling it with high purposes, dignifying it with transcendent values, inspiring it with superb motives, all the while comforting the human soul with a sublime and sustaining hope. True religion is designed to lessen the strain of existence; it releases faith and courage for daily living and unselfish serving. Faith promotes spiritual vitality and righteous fruitfulness. 155:3:7   

Respectfully,
Rexford

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next