Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:23 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: ADAMS & EVES
PostPosted:  

As read from the U.B only the first Adam & Eve in a local system are created directly by the creator son. Then these two progenate from there on so that many Adams and eves are now on their system planet and they likewise multiply. We also know from the U.B they always serve as a pair. Always. Now I ask: Since I assume they are born randomly as in how mortals' children are in a typical family setup; does it mean an Adam or eve then goes out as we do to look for a partner or how do they end up as the inseparable pair? If so does it mean they also go through trial & error relationships before finally settling down?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: ADAMS & EVES
PostPosted:  

Greetings Panthers Panthera,

I'm not certain, but I think the following quote is referring to your question:

The number of Material Sons varies in the different systems, and their number is being constantly increased by natural reproduction. In the exercise of their reproductive functions they are not guided wholly by the personal desires of the contacting personalities but also by the higher governing bodies and advisory councils. 45:5:4

It looks like they get some level of choice in the matter but so does the administration. We also know that the Mother Eve for midsoniters is chosen from among volunteers.

In every local system of inhabited worlds throughout Nebadon there is a single sphere whereon the Melchizedeks have functioned as life carriers. These abodes are known as the system midsonite worlds, and on each of them a materially modified Melchizedek Son has mated with a selected Daughter of the material order of sonship. The Mother Eves of such midsonite worlds are dispatched from the system headquarters of jurisdiction, having been chosen by the designated Melchizedek life carrier from among the numerous volunteers who respond to the call of the System Sovereign addressed to the Material Daughters of his sphere. 36:4:1

I'm not sure if that answers your questions, but it's all I have at the moment.

In friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Consider that the original Material Son & Daughter created unlike sexually created offspring.

There are 100 Systems in Edentia, and Edentia is but one of 100 constellations in Nebadon. Therefore, if there are at least 10,000 incidents of man & woman divinely created by the Creator Son Michael. But if you consider that Nebadon is only one local universe and that there are 700,000 Creator Son Michaels in the grand universe, we have 10,000*700,000= 7,000,000,000 of these original Material Sons and Daughters, regardless of the descendants of these system material rulers. 7 billion Adams and 7 billion Eves, all uniquely paired.

PostPosted:  

'' The Material Sons and Daughters always serve together. It is the essence of their service at all times and in all places never to be separated. They are designed to work in pairs; seldom do they function alone.''

Paper 74

Adam and Eve

74:0.1 (828.1) ADAM AND EVE arrived on Urantia, from the year A.D. 1934, 37,848 years ago. It was in midseason when the Garden was in the height of bloom that they arrived. At high noon and unannounced, the two seraphic transports, accompanied by the Jerusem personnel intrusted with the transportation of the biologic uplifters to Urantia, settled slowly to the surface of the revolving planet in the vicinity of the temple of the Universal Father. All the work of rematerializing the bodies of Adam and Eve was carried on within the precincts of this newly created shrine. And from the time of their arrival ten days passed before they were re-created in dual human form for presentation as the world’s new rulers. They regained consciousness simultaneously. The Material Sons and Daughters always serve together. It is the essence of their service at all times and in all places never to be separated. They are designed to work in pairs; seldom do they function alone.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-sta ... p-result-0

PostPosted:  

Tanks all. Coop and Rexford; Adam and Eve for example had a total of 63 offspring 32 sons and 31 daughters. How were these children then coupling up to two couples for farther progenation? were they guided in the evolutionary worlds (as quoted by Rexford in ppr 45:5:4 in the case of system capitals) or was it by random selection as we mortals do? Especially in the case of the children's' many children. Were they experiencing life as mortals do but showing the right way like in a bestowal mission of some sort. From 45:5:4 I can now see the scenario in the system spheres.

PostPosted:  

Greetings Panthers Panthera,

I don't know the answer to your question, but from the quotes I already submitted, my best guess is that the personal feelings of each party might draw a couple together but the marriage probably has to be approved by the authorities. It's just a guess based upon my interpretation of the quotes. I also think that the Material Sons and Daughters are monogamous. They probably mate for eternity. It seems wise to get a second opinion from higher minds before embarking on such a thing. It also makes Eve's transgression all the more problematic.

The violet race is a monogamous people, and every evolutionary man or woman uniting with the Adamic sons and daughters pledges not to take other mates and to instruct his or her children in single-matedness. 51:5:5

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Panthers Panthera wrote:
Adam and Eve for example had a total of 63 offspring 32 sons and 31 daughters.

Hmmm. Interesting figures. Seeing that unfortunately Abel was slain presumably before he married, that makes the male/female division even. Was the original imbalance a projection of destiny made by some controlling intelligence? :) :shock: :)

PostPosted:  

32 sons and 31 daughters only referrs to the number of children that Adam & Eve #14,311 had inside the first garden of Eden on Urantia. If you recall, this couple had 50 boy and 50 girl descendants while on Jerusem, and many children in the second garden.

But the question referrs to mating practices, when the melchizedeks are expecting 7 generations of violet Adamic progeny to inbreed. Since we read that the Adamic Violet race was a real nation 20,000 years after the arrival of Adam & Eve, we can be sure that inbreeding occurred. Brother and sister is the classical example of marriage that is inbred, but there are uncle and niece, nephew and aunts. Since these beings lived for more than one hundred years, the generational gap may not have been as much pressure, for grandaunts and grandnephews, second cousins, third coursins to eventually marry.

Also, consider that the risk of genetic disorders was smaller for the violet race.

The pressure to marry another member of the violet race was alleviated by the default. Adamson, for instance, had a wife of biological/Nodite origin.

Last edited by SEla_Kelly on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:55 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

78:2.5 (870.3) But the Adamites were a real nation around 19,000 B.C., numbering four and a half million, and already they had poured forth millions of their progeny into the surrounding peoples.

PostPosted:  

Then it means these material sons & daughters had choice but a remotely checked choice I guess. SEla_kelly Wrote Also, consider that the risk of genetic disorders was smaller for the violet race. The issue of what we apparently consinder incest apperared to me at first reading in the U.B that Adam had a son and daughter then the son and daughter had their children who also interbred etc. This was strange to me at first but not disturbing because how else were the imported race to multiply? Any way TUB has expanded my awareness on many issues some even fully comprehensible. Assuming you narrate such a case to someone whose not read T>UB. They would probably come up with 'either you are lying... That is incest' due to their limited view. But its incest anyway for us anyway and it leads to degeneration.

PostPosted:  

Apparently Adamites aren't subject to the same type of DNA deterioration that native terrestrials are subject to. The energies circulating through their bodies was more than the purely physical energy that we understand.

I hope that, after their deaths, the bodies of Adam and Eve were very carefully prepared and protected. Then it wouldn't be entirely inconceivable that their graves will eventually found and their DNA analyzed. They are probably deep under water now. But an air tight, water tight chamber could have been constructed.