Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:57 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
Rsarmast wrote:
You know, just like Machiventa did things - actual members that "belong to something."

Robert, have you ever considered that before the presence of the Spirit of Truth there would be a greater need to spoon feed the children? Now the children are more grown up.

Have you considered that when the children get to high school they don't need Graham crackers and milk anymore? Didn't Jesus often express frustration with the immaturity of his followers? High school kids are afforded the privilege to gain a license to drive a car, without anyone chaperoning there every move.

Maybe now the principal wants us to do the same. Drive the car all by ourselves.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
Also keep in mind that due to the evolution of genius, soon we'll all be getting around in cars without even needing to drive it ourselves. Just ask Elon Musk.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
What we need to get out of the way of, IS OURSELVES. We need to let God do the driving.

But "another John the Baptist" won't hurt.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 am +0000
Posts: 138
This isn't about a chaperon. This is about following directions. You already have a personal religion, but the revelations asks that we make it socialized by belonging to this religion, officially. That doesn't mean your life has to be changed in any way. Just that you belong to a religion formally.

When we can't even follow simple instructions of what we hold up and call a revelation, then we are those children.

nodAmanaV wrote:
Rsarmast wrote:
You know, just like Machiventa did things - actual members that "belong to something."

Robert, have you ever considered that before the presence of the Spirit of Truth there would be a greater need to spoon feed the children? Now the children are more grown up.

Have you considered that when the children get to high school they don't need Graham crackers and milk anymore? Didn't Jesus often express frustration with the immaturity of his followers? High school kids are afforded the privilege to gain a license to drive a car, without anyone chaperoning there every move.

Maybe now the principal wants us to do the same. Drive the car all by ourselves.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
The directions we are asked to follow is to simply follow our Father. To do his will. You seem to admit in your video that there is a paradox to socializing the teachings of the book into a religion to "join". I don't see how you can willfully socialize a religion if God's will is for us to personalize it first. Maybe we haven't gotten out of the first grade yet religiously in the REAL sense.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
Here's another paradox:

Jesus simply followed his instructions and after he left this world a religion based about his life socialized without him doing anything. I think there's a lot more going on here now than we'll ever know, or need to know.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
One last thing:

Rsarmast wrote:
That doesn't mean your life has to be changed in any way. Just that you belong to a religion formally.

This is what makes me wonder what your really trying to do. If it doesn't change your life in any way, why belong to it?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 am +0000
Posts: 138
This isn't about our needs, most of us don't need symbolism. It's about the rest of the world, which does need symbolism. A socialized religion with symbolism is needed to satisfy their "irresistible urge" and "biological reaction" to external religious stimuli. We need a socialized, formal religion that shows them that we're not just a loose band of book readers, but people that take their religion seriously and have an actual organization with an actual purpose, as a group, not individuals.

The people who will do this are doing it for others, not themselves. But it's good for them as well.

nodAmanaV wrote:
One last thing:

Rsarmast wrote:
That doesn't mean your life has to be changed in any way. Just that you belong to a religion formally.

This is what makes me wonder what your really trying to do. If it doesn't change your life in any way, why belong to it?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
Okay but people who aren't already committed don't run to religion. They run from it. So what will make what you're trying to do different?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 am +0000
Posts: 138
Those responses are valid and understandable reactions to evolutionary religions, which are hopelessly out of step with human evolution. We are not representative of evolutionary religions, and are ahead of human evolution. The religion we will be presenting to the world will satisfy their deepest needs and invigorate them like nothing they've every known.

The act is ours; the consequence is God's.

nodAmanaV wrote:
Okay but people who aren't already committed don't run to religion. They run from it. So what will make what you're trying to do different?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
I'm a little afraid to ask this but what will we be presenting to the world that we aren't presenting already collectively?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 am +0000
Posts: 138
Im aftaid to ask but, what, exactly, are we collectively presenting to the world?

nodAmanaV wrote:
I'm a little afraid to ask this but what will we be presenting to the world that we aren't presenting already collectively?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
(94:12.7) The living, spiritual reality of the gospel of Jesus.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 am +0000
Posts: 138
In the reference to the "gospel ABOUT Jesus" in your quote, they're referring to error of Christianity in replacing the "religion of Jesus" with the "story of Jesus."

We've done something very similar ourselves, by replacing the religion of the UB with the veneration of the UB itself.

The "living, spiritual reality of the gospel of Jesus" will be represented by a unified body, displaying the cohesive energy of the sons and daughters of God in action. Not by giving out complicated books.

Anyway, press on we will. Whosoever will may come.

nodAmanaV wrote:
(94:12.7) The hour is striking for presenting to Buddhism, to Christianity, to Hinduism, even to the peoples of all faiths, not the gospel about Jesus, but the living, spiritual reality of the gospel of Jesus.

(177:2.6) Genuine religion always glorifies the home.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Creed vs. Gospel
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am +0000
Posts: 923
Aren't we really incited to develop and grow a personal religion? And to facilitate in ways that are right and natural that process in others?

Families and friends seem like the natural outgrowth or sphere of influence for people who are growing in that way, aren't they so? Nonverbal communication and mutual recognition of meanings and values goes a million miles further than spewing dogma (or what feels like dogma to others).


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group