Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:07 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: LIFE 5.0
PostPosted:  

Yes Nod I am saying that. I am also saying this. I am not trying to be prophetic, I am only pointing out the fact that the Urantia Book predicts this and more. Each of us can open our minds and hearts and allow the Eternal God to grant us a glimpse of his vision. It is this vision that I believe will inspire each reader to allow themselves to embrace the possibility that they might actually be the very one who tips the scale; the one whose very real and personal decision actualizes the new revelation. Which of us is unwilling to be the first one to emerge from the cocoon? Which one of us truly believes we can be the first? I don't care who is first, but it doesn't make any sense to hide behind false humility and deny God's use of us because we are unwilling to say, "Here am I, send me." If we truly believe this revelation called the Urantia Book we should all be clamoring to be the ones. It's not just our right, it's our obligation.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

The Urantia Book, being the Epochal Revelation of the Urantia version 5 as you call it, is ostensibly the most important Bible of all time for our planet. Future generations will not be reliant on the written word as humanity has since the Gutenberg/Lutheran era of Christianity, and we needed something to "Iron out the Kinks" that were codified into the Vulgate. When you look at the Spirit of Counsel, you see that this is the highest transferrable adjutant, and that beginning with the spirit of wisdom, there is differentiation and individuality that is inexpressible except through morontial patterns, transcending materialism. Perhaps if our ages progress in the same way evolution progresses, we will see freedom come into force when all person learn to seek wisdom in accordance with human action.

PostPosted:  

The Urantia Book, being the Epochal Revelation of the Urantia version 5 as you call it, is ostensibly the most important Bible of all time for our planet. Future generations will not be reliant on the written word as humanity has since the Gutenberg/Lutheran era of Christianity, and we needed something to "Iron out the Kinks" that were codified into the Vulgate. When you look at the Spirit of Counsel, you see that this is the highest transferrable adjutant, and that beginning with the spirit of wisdom, there is differentiation and individuality that is inexpressible except through morontial patterns, transcending materialism. Perhaps if our ages progress in the same way evolution progresses, we will see freedom come into force when all person learn to seek wisdom in accordance with human action.

"Our assessments do not equate with human understanding", but if given in accordance with wisdom, our assessments do represent human understanding. Further, through Freudian Psychoanalysis, our assessments can represent our individuated human understandings.

PostPosted:  

Greetings Jim George,

I find the following statement of yours confusing
Jim George wrote:
-the one whose very real and personal decision actualizes the new revelation. Which of us is unwilling to be the first one to emerge from the cocoon? Which one of us truly believes we can be the first? I don't care who is first, but it doesn't make any sense to hide behind false humility and deny God's use of us because we are unwilling to say, "Here am I, send me." If we truly believe this revelation called the Urantia Book we should all be clamoring to be the ones. It's not just our right, it's our obligation.

What cocoon are you referring to? What do you mean by actualize the new revelation? Why does it matter who is first and who is last? We should be clamoring to be the ones who do what? What's our obligation? I think the only thing we're obliged to do is have faith and trust in God's will.

Jim George, it sounds to me like you're coaxing people to become part of some kind of movement. Isn't that proselytizing? It's not possible for you to know how many people are already doing all the things you say people are not doing. I really think it's best to speak for yourself when it comes to claims of false humility, and desires to be "sent in". I really think most of us are already "in".

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Greetings Jim George,

I find the following statement of yours confusing

Rexford my friend, you might you ask yourself, "Why does one who purports the spiritual insights he has, confuse me so?"

If you choose to challenge my spiritual insights, do so. That is one thing. I hold no objections to open discussion of my personal spiritual experience though I would say that we would have to learn to meet on common ground. But my conclusions based upon the insights God has given me are my own and challenging them without regard for my personal experience seems merely argumentative. Jesus repeatedly demands we use personal experience as the supreme validation and authority of our spiritual life. Meet me on that field my brother. Bring your own personal spiritual experience to the table that we might compare and mutually learn how to appreciate the Great God in his dealings with each other. In other words, join me in the spirit of the discussion and we can make great progress.

Jim

PostPosted:  

(0:12.13) We are fully cognizant of the difficulties of our assignment; we recognize the impossibility of fully translating the language of the concepts of divinity and eternity into the symbols of the language of the finite concepts of the mortal mind. But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience—God-consciousness.

PostPosted:  

Greetings Jim George,

Jim George wrote:
Quote:
But my conclusions based upon the insights God has given me are my own and challenging them without regard for my personal experience seems merely argumentative. Jesus repeatedly demands we use personal experience as the supreme validation and authority of our spiritual life. Meet me on that field my brother. Bring your own personal spiritual experience to the table that we might compare and mutually learn how to appreciate the Great God in his dealings with each other. In other words, join me in the spirit of the discussion and we can make great progress.

I believe that I have shared my personal religious experience over and over again on this forum, so I'm absolutely certain we're on the same field. Why you use obfuscation to avoid answering my questions looks rather defensive to me. You did this same thing the last time I asked you questions. It's a pattern, and that pattern is to try to put yourself in a position of superiority. Frankly, to me it really looks dishonorable to keep doing that.

It also seems to me that if your personal religious experiences are genuine, if you think God is speaking to you and telling you what to say on this forum, then you shouldn't worry too much about being questioned. And sincere questions demand sincere answers, don't you think? But since I'm sure you're unwilling to engage in this conversation, I will say what I think. I've given you an opportunity to explain yourself, but you have refused. So, if I misinterpret you, you have no one to blame but yourself.

I don't think any of us are in cocoons. Most who come here seem to me to be genuine truth seekers. You seem to me to be more of a truth teller, telling us all what truth we should be paying attention to. I'm guessing you're a preacher by profession. We don't really need preachers in the Urantia community, just seekers. If each person is guided by their inner spirit, a professional guide is not necessary. I know that leaves professional preachers without a job and I'm sorry about that.

Actualizing the revelation is nothing more than doing God's will, or more specifically, earnestly attempting to do God's will. We won't always do God's will, but if we are sincerely striving to do so, genuinely and sincerely trying to, then that's all God asks of us. I have no idea what you think actualizing the revelation is all about and since you refuse to answer, I can only guess that it has something to do with congregations and preachers.

In God's kingdom it doesn't really matter about last and first. Being the first doesn't mean a thing since the first might be last and the last might be first. God is no respecter of persons, surely you already know that. So I'm not sure what the urgency for being the first is all about.

Clamoring? I don't know why you use that word. Clamoring means making loud, vehement and confusing noises. The word is usually used to describe protestors, groups of people making demands on others. Personally, I don't think that is what Jesus had in mind. Graciousness is the keyword of the day. You can attract people to the truth only if you're gracious. Clamoring is not gracious.

False humility? Who has that? People with false humility are hypocrites. Are you calling readers of the Urantia Papers hypocrites? I think false humility is a cover up for ostentatiousness, people who want you to believe they're righteous when they're really not. I think that's also another word for affectation, the attempt of the barren to appear rich. Maybe you meant it another way? I surely hope so. I certainly have not encountered any hypocrites in the Urantia community. Maybe we're living in alternate universes?

The idea of asking God to put you in the game, "Here I am, send me," as you say, is a little silly. Either you're in the kingdom or you're not. To be in the kingdom of God you must be born of the spirit. Either you're born of the spirit, or you're not. Where exactly do you want to be sent? Service has to do with God's will, producing fruits of the spirit. You can do that in any profession, any situation, any place, any time. You don't have to be sent anywhere.

Incredulously,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
I will say what I think.

(171:7.2) Goodness always compels respect, but when it is devoid of grace, it often repels affection. Goodness is universally attractive only when it is gracious.

Rexford wrote:
I've given you an opportunity to explain yourself, but you have refused. So, if I misinterpret you, you have no one to blame but yourself.

(100:4.4) If someone irritates you, causes feelings of resentment, you should sympathetically seek to discern his viewpoint, his reasons for such objectionable conduct. If once you understand your neighbor, you will become tolerant, and this tolerance will grow into Friendship and ripen into love.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Quote:
Those who learn to live and love with the knowledge given in the Urantia Papers now have a perspective few mortals on our world have ever been privileged to behold. Such vision should inspire us all to be fearless in our lives and in our testimony to all others as to the fact of God and his love for his children and our call to love and serve one another.

Very very true, FoV!

I do pity those millions who still force themselves to be confined to their own fortresses built over ignorance and fear even while having all the God-given abilities to come out! Just see what is happening in our world now! There is a group out there in Iraq and Syria who have organized themselves as agents of God justifying their most brutal acts of killing and torturing all the rest labeling them as followers of Satan! Such misguided groups and individuals all claim that they 'work for God' and keep mutually destroying or hating all others they label as 'satanists'!

The UB no doubt provides the ability to the truth seekers to see the follies of their brethren. And that ability keeps inspiring the UB truth seekers to remain in a fearless peace and a heart full of God provided love to all even while they live among the ignorant majority!

And that is something marvelous!

PostPosted:  

Thank you Jim George for sharing your personal experiences, and for being filled with graciousness. I believe that you truly do sincerely seek to fulfill the will of God in our generation. May God bless you, and I am grateful to have your wise counsel in such a forum as our.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Thank you Jim George for sharing your personal experiences, and for being filled with graciousness. I believe that you truly do sincerely seek to fulfill the will of God in our generation. May God bless you, and I am grateful to have your wise counsel in such a forum as our.

Ditto, Jim

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

I'm wondering why Life 1.0 started with the Planetary Prince. Why wouldn't Life 1.0 start 900,000,000 years ago when our planet was entered in the planetary-life registry of Uversa. Aren't the Life Carriers and the Creative Spirit given credit for anything when it comes to life? I don't think you can have life without the Creative Spirit.

As for Life 5.0, Jim George claims that there is a preordained level of awareness of the text that is necessary before the universe administrators "activate the revelation". I've been looking for a quote to support that claim and have not found one, and honestly I think that such a claim is absolute nonsense.

The truth of the revelation is activated in the soul of each one of us who reads it by the Spirit of Truth and the Adjuster. We don't have to wait for some magical critical mass moment to live the revelation for the benefit of mankind. There is no waiting involved in this process. We're told that we can know and we can know now! And if we know the truth within us, it cannot be stowed away for a time when someone upstairs flips a switch and turns on the Revelation. That's pure fantasy.

We are fully cognizant of the difficulties of our assignment; we recognize the impossibility of fully translating the language of the concepts of divinity and eternity into the symbols of the language of the finite concepts of the mortal mind. But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience — God-consciousness. 0:12:13

Time is an invariable element in the attainment of knowledge; religion makes its endowments immediately available, albeit there is the important factor of growth in grace, definite advancement in all phases of religious experience. Knowledge is an eternal quest; always are you learning, but never are you able to arrive at the full knowledge of absolute truth. In knowledge alone there can never be absolute certainty, only increasing probability of approximation; but the religious soul of spiritual illumination knows, and knows now. And yet this profound and positive certitude does not lead such a sound-minded religionist to take any less interest in the ups and downs of the progress of human wisdom, which is bound up on its material end with the developments of slow-moving science. 102:2:4

Still incredulous,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Just a note to say I am not ignoring this. I have a very busy weekend and will be out of town on Monday for work. I will comment as soon as I am able.

Thanks all,

Jim

PostPosted:  

For a long time I thought the primary mission of the The Urantia Book is to convey the truth of the reality of God, our Universal Father, our faith-sonship and fellowship with him, and the resultant spiritual brotherhood of all creation. Now, I realize that while this is a dominant theme of the work, it is not the only message being imparted to us.

The reality of a personal relationship with the Universal Father and all the implications associated with this reality is actually the essence of the Fourth Epochal Revelation. Or, as Jim puts it, Life 4.0.

I now realize that the Fifth Epochal Revelation, Life 5.0, goes far beyond the message of personal faith in God. We are given boatloads of information that at present only sometimes seems relevant to the practical day-to-day affairs of life. I think the onus is on us to change that. As readers, we have to be relevant to the conversation. We can't hide in the shadows or keep our truths stored in nice display cases, insulating ourselves from the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong: I am not saying you have to thump people on the head with the book. But I am saying that we are no real movement until we stand up for something, collectively. And each of us has to figure out what "standing up" really means. My bet is that, when you inspect yourself deep down, you'll find a few ideas of what this means, usually tangled up with a bunch of fears. God is always pushing us. What we are to do may be relatively simple, but hardly is it ever easy.

To me, the FER is manifest ultimately as individuals acting and participating in the world as change agents. To act means to be willing to walk into the fire. To be harassed, persecuted, ostracized, or worse. Look back at every other epochal revelation, and you'll see there is a period of relative instability and turmoil associated. We haven't seen this with TUB because it hasn't happened.... yet. Are you ready?

PostPosted:  

Yes quil, I've been ready, credulously.

Rexford wrote:
As for Life 5.0, Jim George claims that there is a preordained level of awareness of the text that is necessary before the universe administrators "activate the revelation". I've been looking for a quote to support that claim and have not found one, and honestly I think that such a claim is absolute nonsense.

(189:1.3) Mankind is slow to perceive that, in all that is personal, matter is the skeleton of morontia, and that both are the reflected shadow of enduring spirit reality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next