Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:01 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: There is Only One Center
PostPosted:  

0:3.11 The First Source and Center is, therefore, primal in all domains: deified or undeified, personal or impersonal, actual or potential, finite or infinite. No thing or being, no relativity or finality, exists except in direct or indirect relation to, and dependence on, the primacy of the First Source and Center.

0:4.11 PARADISE is a term inclusive of the personal and the nonpersonal focal Absolutes of all phases of universe reality. Paradise, properly qualified, may connote any and all forms of reality, Deity, divinity, personality, and energy—spiritual, mindal, or material. All share Paradise as the place of origin, function, and destiny, as regards values, meanings, and factual existence.

42:1.2 Matter—energy—for they are but diverse manifestations of the same cosmic reality, as a universe phenomenon is inherent in the Universal Father. “In him all things consist.” Matter may appear to manifest inherent energy and to exhibit self-contained powers, but the lines of gravity involved in the energies concerned in all these physical phenomena are derived from, and are dependent on, Paradise, The ultimaton, the first measurable form of energy, has Paradise as its nucleus.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

As there is only one Paradise.

PostPosted:  

0:0.5 Your world, Urantia, is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe ofNebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Orvonton is one of the seven evolutionary superuniverses of time and space which circle the never-beginning, never-ending creation of divine perfection—the central universe of Havona. At the heart of this eternal and central universe is the stationary Isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal God.

The center of motion is still. The center of the ultimaton is still.

PostPosted:  

MannyC, I guess you will again say that there is Paradise at the center of each ultimaton in the whole universe.

PostPosted:  

What do you mean by the declaration in your subject "There is only one center"?
Can you explain why you have entitled your post as such?

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
What do you mean by the declaration in your subject "There is only one center"?
Can you explain why you have entitled your post as such?

YSMAEL wrote:
As there is only one Paradise.

PostPosted:  

Okay. But I hope it is not too presumptuous, that in the Urantia Papers, the Universal Father, the Eternal Son, and the Infinite Spirit are described as the "First Source and Center", "Second Source and Center", and "Third Source and Center", respectively. Are you suggesting and believing yourself that each of these Centers are the same location? Are you limiting your discussion to "Center of the Universe" only, since you have referenced your answer to Paradise?

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Okay. But I hope it is not too presumptuous, that in the Urantia Papers, the Universal Father, the Eternal Son, and the Infinite Spirit are described as the "First Source and Center", "Second Source and Center", and "Third Source and Center", respectively. Are you suggesting and believing yourself that each of these Centers are the same location? Are you limiting your discussion to "Center of the Universe" only, since you have referenced your answer to Paradise?

Just look at your own logo of concentric circles. I also refer you to the Urantia Book logo that is a symbol of the Holy Trinity. There are three circles that share but ONE center. The "Center of the Universe" is the same center of everything, including the Ultimaton.

0:4.12 The Isle of Paradise—Paradise not otherwise qualified—is the Absolute of the material-gravity control of the First Source and Center. Paradise is motionless, being the only stationary thing in the universe of universes. The Isle of Paradise has a universe location but no position in space. This eternal Isle is the actual source of the physical universes— past, present, and future. The nuclear Isle of Light is a Deity derivative, but it is hardly Deity; neither are the material creations a part of Deity; they are a consequence.

It is correct to say that each of these centers are the same location but Paradise has no position in space. These centers are all one and the same but they are not in space as we think of location as having position in space.

PostPosted:  

0:4.11 PARADISE is a term inclusive of the personal and the nonpersonal focal Absolutes of all phases of universe reality. Paradise, properly qualified, may connote any and all forms of reality, Deity, divinity, personality, and energy—spiritual, mindal, or material. All share Paradise as the place of origin, function, and destiny, as regards values, meanings, and factual existence.

0:4.12 The Isle of Paradise—Paradise not otherwise qualified—is the Absolute of the material-gravity control of the First Source and Center. Paradise is motionless, being the only stationary thing in the universe of universes. The Isle of Paradise has a universe location but no position in space. This eternal Isle is the actual source of the physical universes— past, present, and future. The nuclear Isle of Light is a Deity derivative, but it is hardly Deity; neither are the material creations a part of Deity; they are a consequence.

0:4.13 Paradise is not a creator; it is a unique controller of many universe activities, far more of a controller than a reactor. Throughout the material universes Paradise influences the reactions and conduct of all beings having to do with force, energy, and power, but Paradise itself is unique, exclusive, and isolated in the universes. Paradise represents nothing and nothing represents Paradise. It is neither a force nor a presence; it is just Paradise.

PostPosted:  

Hi Louis,

It's good you're back from your hiatus. You always make me do some real thinking.

I'm curious, there is a theme to what you usually post and emphasize. From the Urantia Book you point to important things that are not scientifically conventionally accepted about things like motion, gravity and the physical structure of reality.

Would you provide us a synopsis of the point you are making by bringing to our attention the things the UB reveals about Paradise and why this is significant for us in our daily lives?

In other words, in what way do the things of Paradise impact us as a spiritual experience, if they do at all?

PostPosted:  

I am not being convinced through your tactic of reinforcement on this issue. Manny C seems to be jumping from one type of center to another, and implying that the center of each type is the same. If you looked on a map for the location of several offices, and each office happened to be at the same tower with the same address, then the "Bird's Eye" view would (or may) indicate that each of these locations were at the same place. But vertically, each location would have a difference in central location. The center of each card in a deck is likewise different. Manny C is not really explaining anything and is making an imputational error, in my opinion.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Would you provide us a synopsis of the point you are making by bringing to our attention the things the UB reveals about Paradise and why this is significant for us in our daily lives?

In other words, in what way do the things of Paradise impact us as a spiritual experience, if they do at all?

Please refer to the previous quote.

MannyC wrote:
0:4.13 Paradise is not a creator; it is a unique controller of many universe activities, far more of a controller than a reactor. Throughout the material universes Paradise influences the reactions and conduct of all beings having to do with force, energy, and power, but Paradise itself is unique, exclusive, and isolated in the universes. Paradise represents nothing and nothing represents Paradise. It is neither a force nor a presence; it is just Paradise.

And this one.

With respect to your request for a synopsis, Nod, I will decline to provide one due to reactions that have come from Ysmael and Stephan.

I have been accused of employing a "tactic" when I only have quoted TUB. Question the tactics of the Authors, Stephan.

As for conclusions, I will provide none. Draw your own conclusions and I merely suggest that real thinking be part of it. No one can truly understand the revelations of TUB without The Thought Adjuster's assistance. Some concepts in TUB require more spirit insight than others, IMO.

And, Stephan, I am not here to convince you of anything. If I am not really explaining anything then how can I be making an imputational error? I have quoted from TUB and that is an inputational error? The output is no better than the input, but a weak processor will always lead to an error.