Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:50 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Urantia Religion
PostPosted:  

'' You can understand the way I'm talking right? Besides just reading it.''

Seriously My Brother NO .

Honestly scince you asked n this is honest criticism ,
Yet often you confuse me by saying one thing then another
thats contradictory often in my opinion , or you dont reply to others
questions an seem to simply quote stuff ,

Thing is Imo people here try to help you , yet often you seem to simply
ignore the advice , wisdom ,, help or ignore it ,

Like this Topic By Our Brother Robert , Who I Told Him as i did years ago also
I Do an still do have much Respect an love for him and all his efforts ,

Yet i was an still Am in disagreement about a so called New religion or Church
or cult etc ,

Yet you confuse me , and i may be wrong or misunderstand you ,
At first about this topic you seemd to be curious and then Disagreed
with it , yet now you seem to be in support n full agreement ,

Its ok to change your mind or agree or disagree with whatever ,,

You can change your mind or agree or disagree with whatever you wish ,

Its Your Freewil choice to choose , yet you seem to slap those in the face
that try to help you , an im not sure if your simply young and inmature
or havent come to your own conclusions or what ,

I Have nothing against our Brother Robert , yet I Disagree with this Topic ,

IF You sincerly have the passion to support our Brother Robert and his
ministry , all i can do is suggest that you contact him in a pm here or
at facebook or email or try to contact Paula , andre etc ,

Ask Him n them The Questions ,

If I Can find them ill give you a few links of some interesting things hes done .

Ok .

Last edited by coop on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:05 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Theres This
Robert Sarmast's "Secrets of Jesus Christ" - Part 1 - YouTube

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... of%20jesus

PostPosted:  

And This 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f8jzITECRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRYtEvpoUwA

PostPosted:  

Coop

Thanks for the links.

PostPosted:  

''Thing is Imo people here try to help you , yet often you seem to simply
ignore the advice , wisdom ,, help or ignore it ''

Uh ,,, See what I Mean ?

Stick a Fork in me Im Done ,

PostPosted:  

You mentioned slaps Coop. Yes today was a slap fest wasn't it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but most days are slap happy around here aren't they. Today perhaps with a little more intensity, I merely engaged in like manner in the way it happens here routinely disguised as friendship and spiritual brotherhood but is actually something else entirely.

Quotes and all. Slap kissing.

Yes. Done that. Perfectly

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Thank you coop for sharing that link.

Earlier, I posted a quote from text and was interested to hear from you, Brad, Rexford and anyone really. I have to be honest, I wasn't surprised that it was passed over.

I think it's very central to what this thread is all about. I wonder if anyone will take the time now to comment on it, as it pertains to this topic that is. To me it's very clear what the meaning is, however I've been wrong before. To me the text is saying that "I'm in authority and I'm telling you what to do, O' children of light."

(176:3.7) Truth is living; the Spirit of Truth is ever leading the children of light into new realms of spiritual reality and divine service. You are not given truth to crystallize into settled, safe, and honored forms. Your revelation of truth must be so enhanced by passing through your personal experience that new beauty and actual spiritual gains will be disclosed to all who behold your spiritual fruits and in consequence thereof are led to glorify the Father who is in heaven. Only those faithful servants who thus grow in the knowledge of the truth, and who thereby develop the capacity for divine appreciation of spiritual realities, can ever hope to "enter fully into the joy of their Lord." What a sorry sight for successive generations of the professed followers of Jesus to say, regarding their stewardship of divine truth: "Here, Master, is the truth you committed to us a hundred or a thousand years ago. We have lost nothing; we have faithfully preserved all you gave us; we have allowed no changes to be made in that which you taught us; here is the truth you gave us." But such a plea concerning spiritual indolence will not justify the barren steward of truth in the presence of the Master. In accordance with the truth committed to your hands will the Master of truth require a reckoning.

Please share your ideas of what this means won't you?

Your Friend and Brother,
nodAmanaV

176:3.8 (1918.1) In the next world you will be asked to give an account of the endowments and stewardships of this world. Whether inherent talents are few or many, a just and merciful reckoning must be faced. If endowments are used only in selfish pursuits and no thought is bestowed upon the higher duty of obtaining increased yield of the fruits of the spirit, as they are manifested in the ever-expanding service of men and the worship of God, such selfish stewards must accept the consequences of their deliberate choosing.

176:3.9 (1918.2) And how much like all selfish mortals was this unfaithful servant with the one talent in that he blamed his slothfulness directly upon his lord. How prone is man, when he is confronted with the failures of his own making, to put the blame upon others, oftentimes upon those who least deserve it!

176:3.10 (1918.3) Said Jesus that night as they went to their rest: “Freely have you received; therefore freely should you give of the truth of heaven, and in the giving will this truth multiply and show forth the increasing light of saving grace, even as you minister it.”

nod - I'll offer 3 issues for consideration related to the text on the parable of the talents:

1. There is a presumption by you in your words that others are doing nothing - this is a most obvious falsehood for anyone with an eye to see all that has and is being done to bring this gift of epochal revelation to the world.

2. There is a presumption by you that you are capable of knowing that nothing is being done by others - another falsehood and a bit of self puffery to boot.

3. There is a presumption by you that you know what others should be doing with their talent(s) rather than what they are doing - a most egregious example of self importance.

All these points and more have already been presented here in multiple forms by multiple posters. God judges who has done what with the talents bestowed and not any mortal. We are only in charge of those talents entrusted to us alone. It is a great waste of time for anyone to focus on what another is or is not doing and lament what has not been done (especially when much has been done by many others) or to lose sight of who's in charge of planetary progress and the time frames they operate in vs. a flash of momentary time as the mortal life is. The act is ours alone to choose, the consequences of all acts by all creatures is God's....we can trust him. The issue presented in the parable is what we each choose to do with the Spirit within and if we invest our talents in ways that bears the fruit of the Spirit within. It is most certainly not a commandment to do something or anything specific or uniform for all believers. We are commanded to not waste our gifted talents on materialisms and self centered pursuits. We are to ACT in the Spirit in all ways we can achieve. This great gift of epochal revelation is not being buried by anyone anywhere and has never been hidden or held close. This mustard seed has sprouted and its tree branches and blooms, giving forth the fruit of the vine as it was intended. What we each do with it and about it is up to the each of us....and many do much.

But for those who do not feel compelled to disseminate, it is truly only important that they live a life of love and service. And their choices are not to be belittled either. The life of any founded on love is a righteous demonstration of the Spirit and the fruits of the Spirit. There simply is NO choice that is unworthy when chosen in love. But the choice to whine and blame and determine the proper course for others is certainly none of that. DO something to serve this revelation's dissemination or that which serves another and please desist further from saying there is no movement in the movement. Perhaps there is no movement for you? I promise you the movement is moving....rapidly and it's accelerating. Sorry you can't see it to appreciate the truth, beauty, and goodness on display around the world today. It's most exhilarating as well as very gratifying, not to mention how inspiring and confidence building the reality truly is on this Shrine of Nebadon on this very day!!

8)

PostPosted:  

coop....I forgot to say....thank you Brother Friend....for just being you....and being here. Love ya dude!

:wink: :!: :idea: :smile: 8)

PostPosted:  

Ditto

Thank You My Friend an Brother from another Mother,

Love you too man ,

AS Far as this topic tho Im done For now tho

Unless my BP Gets too high again ...

NAMASTE

PostPosted:  

nobody loves me :cry:

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

I think one of the problems is that some people insist on treating Jesus' parables as though they were allegories. He warned several times against treating them as "such flights of the speculative imagination."

When Thomas had finished speaking, the majority of his fellow preachers were about ready to agree with him, even Peter and Nathaniel were on their way over to speak with him, when Jesus arose and said: "Well done, Thomas; you have discerned the true meaning of parables; but both Peter and Nathaniel have done you all equal good in that they have so fully shown the danger of undertaking to make an allegory out of my parables. In your own hearts you may often profitably engage in such flights of the speculative imagination, but you make a mistake when you seek to offer such conclusions as a part of your public teaching. 151:2:7
Jesus advised against the use of either fables or allegories in teaching the truths of the gospel. 151:3:3
Many wrong ideas concerning the teachings of Jesus may be secured by attempting to make allegories out of his parables. 149:3:1

Allegorical interpretation is one which searches for hidden symbolism, typically of a moral nature (shoulds and shouldn'ts) or of a mystical nature (woulds and wouldn'ts).

There are actually two similar parables: the parable of the pounds which was for the apostles, and the parable of the talents which was for the disciples. Nathaniel apparently interpreted both of these parables correctly which I reproduced below:

It was Nathaniel who so well taught the meaning of these two parables in the after years, summing up his teachings in these conclusions:
1. Ability is the practical measure of life's opportunities. You will never be held responsible for the accomplishment of that which is beyond your abilities.
2. Faithfulness is the unerring measure of human trustworthiness. He who is faithful in little things is also likely to exhibit faithfulness in everything consistent with his endowments.
3. The Master grants the lesser reward for lesser faithfulness when there is like opportunity.
4. He grants a like reward for like faithfulness when there is lesser opportunity. 171:8:9-13

The parables are about faithfulness, loyalty and trustworthiness. We are given talents or pounds only to the degree with which we have proven our trustworthiness. It does no good to whine and complain about what others should or shouldn't do when the crux of the matter is your own trustworthiness.

The privilege of service immediately follows the discovery of trustworthiness. Nothing can stand between you and opportunity for increased service except your own untrustworthiness, your lack of capacity for appreciation of the solemnity of trust. 28:6:16

Starting a new religion or church is a form of service. The fact that it hasn't materialized seems to be more of a lack of trustworthiness in the leaders of such a movement rather than a lack of cooperation from others. The mere fact that others are being blamed indicates immaturity, a lack of self-mastery, a lack of appreciation of the solemnity of trust. It's not for nothing that Jesus pleaded with his apostles to trust one another and to trust him.

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

C'mon nod,

nodAmanaV wrote:
nobody loves me :cry:

Remember this:

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me
Think I'll go and eat worms
Long ones, short ones, fat ones, thin ones
See how they wriggle and squirm

I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice
And throw the skins away
Nobody knows how fat I grow
On worms three times a day
Ohh...nobody loves me.

Oy,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Greetings Rexford,

Lighten up. It's a joke. Oh where's that quote again that'll explain it?

Hey Rex, that's a joke too!

In Friendship,
nodAmanaV

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Greetings Rexford,

Lighten up. It's a joke. Oh where's that quote again that'll explain it?

Hey Rex, that's a joke too!

In Friendship,
nodAmanaV

While I appreciate the attempted levity and reversion therapy, so far, you remain unresponsive to those responses you requested...and your "jokes" lack both wit and humor. Why not respond to that which is posted? Try again?

:roll: 8)

Great stuff Rexford!! :idea: :idea: :!: :!: 8)

PostPosted:  

Thank you Brad,

I failed to mention how much I appreciated your post. You remain a great light. I'm thankful for you and coop who seem to have an excellent handle on what truly matters.

I have to say that over the weekend I kept thinking that the those hell-bent on manufacturing religion seem to take themselves very seriously. Humor is a good thing. I agree.

In Friendship,
Rexford

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next