Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:04 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted:  

Brothers please help me better understand About our final choice
to Choose and Soul death , ...

Spiritual (soul) death , And our final choice
to Choose .
thanks Bro Rex for that reminder ,
about that , yet to be honest it confuses me or i may simply
misunderstand . ABOUT Spiritual (soul) death AND The Final choice to choose .

Are these statements contradictory or Can the Final choice
to choose really be made in the mortal flesh ?

The papers seem to say so , yet also seem to say that
That the Final choice to choose can be made later .

Even on our ascension journey we can make a
final choice .

This confuses me i guess because how can someone
Sincerly make that final choice NOW without really
knowing just what that choice means ?

And what about someone that commits suicide or thats
Mentaly challenged , or has brain cancer , or etc

How can they choose .

When their not in a Normal state of mind .

An yeah the papers talk about a Normal mind ,
Animal nature n the mark of the beast .

I Guess that regardless , I Think n believe that one
Can make that final choice After mortal death ,
or choose NOT To , theres No real so called time limit .

Lots of Mercy credits .

Just my opinions ,

And or i may be misundertanding or misinterpreting
the papers ,

So please enlighten me ,

Thanks All 8)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Bro coop,

Until recently, like you, I was hard pressed to believe that there isn't a time limit, time to choose to find God and determine to be like him. But now I'm beginning to see it otherwise. I pray that I'm wrong but I wonder if the opposite is true, that few actually survive the mortal life, that not many are salvageable.

160:1.5 Animals respond nobly to the urge of life, but only man can attain the art of living, albeit the majority of mankind only experience the animal urge to live. Animals know only this blind and instinctive urge; man is capable of transcending this urge to natural function. Man may elect to live upon the high plane of intelligent art, even that of celestial joy and spiritual ecstasy. Animals make no inquiry into the purposes of life; therefore they never worry, neither do they commit suicide.

PostPosted:  

Brother nodAmanaV 8)

''
Until recently, like you, I was hard pressed to believe that there isn't a time limit, time to choose to find God and determine to be like him. But now I'm beginning to see it otherwise. I pray that I'm wrong but I wonder if the opposite is true, that few actually survive the mortal life, that not many are salvageable''

'' that few actually survive the mortal life, that not many are salvageable''

IF And i mean If '' that few actually survive the mortal life''

And are NOT salvageable, Which i cant believe , Then the Urantia Book is
wrong or i misunderstand it , and i simply cant accept that ALL Are NOT
salvageable.

GOD IS LOVE ,

I simply cant accept that ALL Are NOT
salvageable.

IF Thats what The Urantia Book teaches and ive read studied it for
many years , daily ,

Then well I disagree , ...

IF GOD Our Father cant or wont accept his Sons an Daughters as
they are , and forgive and Love his ALL children , without being
judgemental or unforgiving , then Its not Love ,

And to me thats Not the GOD Or Jesus that I know .

And IF The UB Teaches that GOD IS judgemental or unforgiving And
that his children cant or wont make it ,then i cant believe the ub papers
about this ,

Thats Not the GOD That I KNOW That IS LOVE

PostPosted:  

I hear you coop. But it's not about what God is, it's about what we are. If the majority of individuals "only experience the animal urge to live" then how can God change an individual's will to desire something he doesn't, to be more than a human animal?

It's not about God's love, it's about a human's desire.

God doesn't judge.
Humans desire.

God doesn't accept humans, humans accept God, or not.

PostPosted:  

Brother nodAmanaV 8)

''
Until recently, like you, I was hard pressed to believe that there isn't a time limit, time to choose to find God and determine to be like him. But now I'm beginning to see it otherwise. I pray that I'm wrong but I wonder if the opposite is true, that few actually survive the mortal life, that not many are salvageable''

So are some Chosen or thee Elect ?

OR Just Lucky ,

can you change your mind about your choice ?

PostPosted:  

130:1.6) "Your Father in heaven, by endowing you with the power to choose between truth and error, created the potential negative of the positive way of light and life; but such errors of evil are really nonexistent until such a time as an intelligent creature wills their existence by mischoosing the way of life. And then are such evils later exalted into sin by the knowing and deliberate choice of such a willful and rebellious creature. This is why our Father in heaven permits the good and the evil to go along together until the end of life, just as nature allows the wheat and the tares to grow side by side until the harvest."

Last edited by nodAmanaV on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:54 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV 8)

''This is why our Father in heaven permits the good and the evil to go along together until the end of life, just as nature allows the wheat and the tares to grow side by side until the harvest."

Yeah bro but even Satan / lucifer / caligastia an all the rebels
still have the time lag an mercy to choose , dont mortals
have the same mercy an time to choose ?

PostPosted:  

Bro coop

Satan, Lucifer etc. aren't mortal ceatures. Humans only have one mortal life to choose, or become desirous of finding and becoming like God. Time is limited.

53:8.6 The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer.

God can't change free will desire.

PostPosted:  

I hear yah Brother nodAmanaV 8)

The wages of Sin is Death ,

yet one can repent an ask forgiveness or not

'' Humans only have one mortal life to choose, or become desirous of finding and becoming like God. Time is limited.''

I Disagree . IMO There is NO Time Limit .
My Personal opinion ,

PostPosted:  

Brother Nod 8)
''God doesn't accept humans, humans accept God, or not.''

God is no respecter of persons

But God loves us even if we dont know him , or
until we DO. Love him .

Last edited by coop on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:11 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

God is no respecter of persons

During a human life that ends in mortality
Respect for God is grown or not.

Time establishes this.

Wheat or tare.

PostPosted:  

The UB does not say the wheat and tares are determined in this brief, mortal life. I'm with you coop, all the way, on this one. Who responds to love? Who is loyal to another? Who hopes and dreams of a better world? Who serves another? Who feels paternal love? Who feels wonder for creation? All pertain to the "flicker" I think....and more besides.

We are assured the mercy credits are plentiful for all, nearly inexhaustible. We are taught no shadow of a doubt can be left regarding our potential that remains. We are taught the mansion worlds are created for all mortal deficiencies. The interned rebels certainly do illustrate this patience and mercy extension. We are taught that each mortal is assessed based on their own experience according to their circumstances and situations.

It is dangerously judgmental to personally attempt to determine who will and won't receive mercy....for it demonstrates a lack of mercy within the one who raises themselves above others to make such a judgment. God is love...God loves ALL....even those who falsely judge others. We are taught that it is unworthy to judge the worth of anyone or withhold love and forgiveness for anyone. God will see to the tares....upon sufficient time and mercy to make such justice merciful. Few can muster such a final decision of mercy rejection in the mortal life....or so I believe we are taught.

8)

PostPosted:  

God does not judge man.

Man grows into wheat or tare.

Based on what man has judged about God.

PostPosted:  

28:6.8 (315.1) The mercy reflectors, with their tertiary associates, engage in numerous superuniverse ministries, including the teaching of the ascending creatures. Among many other things the Significances of Origins teach these ascenders how to apply spirit ethics, and following such training, the Memories of Mercy teach them how to be truly merciful. While the spirit techniques of mercy ministry are beyond your concept, you should even now understand that mercy is a quality of growth. You should realize that there is a great reward of personal satisfaction in being first just, next fair, then patient, then kind. And then, on that foundation, if you choose and have it in your heart, you can take the next step and really show mercy; but you cannot exhibit mercy in and of itself. These steps must be traversed; otherwise there can be no genuine mercy. There may be patronage, condescension, or charity — even pity — but not mercy. True mercy comes only as the beautiful climax to these preceding adjuncts to group understanding, mutual appreciation, fraternal fellowship, spiritual communion, and divine harmony. *

28:6.9 (315.2) 3. The Import of Time. Time is the one universal endowment of all will creatures; it is the “one talent” intrusted to all intelligent beings. You all have time in which to insure your survival; and time is fatally squandered only when it is buried in neglect, when you fail so to utilize it as to make certain the survival of your soul. Failure to improve one’s time to the fullest extent possible does not impose fatal penalties; it merely retards the pilgrim of time in his journey of ascent. If survival is gained, all other losses can be retrieved.

28:6.10 (315.3) In the assignment of trusts the counsel of the Imports of Time is invaluable. Time is a vital factor in everything this side of Havona and Paradise. In the final judgment before the Ancients of Days, time is an element of evidence. The Imports of Time must always afford testimony to show that every defendant has had ample time for making decisions, achieving choice.

8) Our lives here are but a blink of the eye. Those who might exhaust the mercy credits so quickly would be very rare indeed. I have wondered if the survival rate changes significantly after the Spirit of the Son is gifted to a world. How much does this ministry nurture the flicker within?

PostPosted:  

166:3.3) "You also have another saying among you, and one that contains much truth: That the way which leads to eternal life is straight and narrow, that the door which leads thereto is likewise narrow so that, of those who seek salvation, few can find entrance through this door. You also have a teaching that the way which leads to destruction is broad, that the entrance thereto is wide, and that there are many who choose to go this way. And this proverb is not without its meaning. But I declare that salvation is first a matter of your personal choosing. Even if the door to the way of life is narrow, it is wide enough to admit all who sincerely seek to enter, for I am that door. And the Son will never refuse entrance to any child of the universe who, by faith, seeks to find the Father through the Son

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next