Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:56 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted:  

Thank you Brother nod 8)

I Agree

'' trying to move the ball forward''

AMEN

IN My opinion , we can only '' try' strive to move
forward , in life stuff happens an its not always for
ours or others good , or best interest , Stuff happens eh

Choices , decisions , mistakes , errors , bad choices ,

good choices , selfish ones an unselfish , selfless ones ,

These an all experiences

All help us to grow n learn experiential wisdom /
experience , growth to being ...

Whom We can become n BE.

The Greatest Affliction
The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation. ~ The Urantia Book, (48:7.14)

Last edited by coop on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:42 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

It is literally true: "In all your afflictions he is afflicted. " "In all your triumphs he triumphs in and with you. " His prepersonal divine spirit is a real part of you. The Isle of Paradise responds to all the physical metamorphoses of the universe of universes; the Eternal Son includes all the spirit impulses of all creation; the Conjoint Actor encompasses all the mind expression of the expanding cosmos. The Universal Father realizes in the fullness of the divine consciousness all the individual experience of the progressive struggles of the expanding minds and the ascending spirits of every entity, being, and personality of the whole evolutionary creation of time and space. And all this is literally true, for "in him we all live and move and have our being. " ~ The Urantia Book, (1:5.16)

The Universal Father is the only personality in all the universe who does actually know the number of the stars and planets of space. All the worlds of every universe are constantly within the consciousness of God. He also says: "I have surely seen the affliction of my people, I have heard their cry, and I know their sorrows. " ~ The Urantia Book, (3:3.2)

The Greatest Affliction
The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation. ~ The Urantia Book, (48:7.14)

PostPosted:  

129:4.4 (1425.3) The Son of Man experienced those wide ranges of human emotion which reach from superb joy to profound sorrow. He was a child of joy and a being of rare good humor; likewise was he a “man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.” In a spiritual sense, he did live through the mortal life from the bottom to the top, from the beginning to the end. From a material point of view, he might appear to have escaped living through both social extremes of human existence, but intellectually he became wholly familiar with the entire and complete experience of humankind.

129:4.5 (1425.4) Jesus knows about the thoughts and feelings, the urges and impulses, of the evolutionary and ascendant mortals of the realms, from birth to death. He has lived the human life from the beginnings of physical, intellectual, and spiritual selfhood up through infancy, childhood, youth, and adulthood — even to the human experience of death. He not only passed through these usual and familiar human periods of intellectual and spiritual advancement, but he also fully experienced those higher and more advanced phases of human and Adjuster reconciliation which so few Urantia mortals ever attain. And thus he experienced the full life of mortal man, not only as it is lived on your world, but also as it is lived on all other evolutionary worlds of time and space, even on the highest and most advanced of all the worlds settled in light and life.

129:4.6 (1425.5) Although this perfect life which he lived in the likeness of mortal flesh may not have received the unqualified and universal approval of his fellow mortals, those who chanced to be his contemporaries on earth, still, the life which Jesus of Nazareth lived in the flesh and on Urantia did receive full and unqualified acceptance by the Universal Father as constituting at one and the same time, and in one and the same personality-life, the fullness of the revelation of the eternal God to mortal man and the presentation of perfected human personality to the satisfaction of the Infinite Creator.

129:4.7 (1425.6) And this was his true and supreme purpose. He did not come down to live on Urantia as the perfect and detailed example for any child or adult, any man or woman, in that age or any other. True it is, indeed, that in his full, rich, beautiful, and noble life we may all find much that is exquisitely exemplary, divinely inspiring, but this is because he lived a true and genuinely human life. Jesus did not live his life on earth in order to set an example for all other human beings to copy. He lived this life in the flesh by the same mercy ministry that you all may live your lives on earth; and as he lived his mortal life in his day and as he was, so did he thereby set the example for all of us thus to live our lives in our day and as we are. You may not aspire to live his life, but you can resolve to live your lives even as, and by the same means that, he lived his. Jesus may not be the technical and detailed example for all the mortals of all ages on all the realms of this local universe, but he is everlastingly the inspiration and guide of all Paradise pilgrims from the worlds of initial ascension up through a universe of universes and on through Havona to Paradise. Jesus is the new and living way from man to God, from the partial to the perfect, from the earthly to the heavenly, from time to eternity.

PostPosted:  

Greetings coop,

Thanks for this quote:

Quote:
129:4.7 (1425.6) He lived this life in the flesh by the same mercy ministry that you all may live your lives on earth; and as he lived his mortal life in his day and as he was, so did he thereby set the example for all of us thus to live our lives in our day and as we are. You may not aspire to live his life, but you can resolve to live your lives even as, and by the same means that, he lived his. Jesus may not be the technical and detailed example for all the mortals of all ages on all the realms of this local universe, but he is everlastingly the inspiration and guide of all Paradise pilgrims from the worlds of initial ascension up through a universe of universes and on through Havona to Paradise. Jesus is the new and living way from man to God, from the partial to the perfect, from the earthly to the heavenly, from time to eternity.

Jesus lived by mercy ministry. How about that! Did you know that mercy ministry is carried out by the Third Source and Center? It was the Creative Spirit here on earth that Jesus relied on, and who we all can rely on. The Creative Spirit is the source of the Holy Spirit who lives in all of our souls, filling it with merciful guidance in perfect coordination with the Adjuster. The angels are also mercy ministers. It's a wonderful family of helpers for us humans who cannot see them, but can feel their presence in our lives. We have to live by faith in this mercy ministry which surrounds us both inside and out. What a wonderful thing.

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

A wonderful thing Indeed My Brother Rexford 8)

And a Personal Thanks to You my Brother for All your sharing
of your wise words of wisdom .

Sincerely , ive learnd much from you ,
and for that im eterenally thankful ,

Thank you Brother 8)

Namaste

Last edited by coop on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:04 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

''The angels are also mercy ministers. It's a wonderful family of helpers for us humans who cannot see them, but can feel their presence in our lives. We have to live by faith in this mercy ministry which surrounds us both inside and out. What a wonderful thing.''

Amen

I have often felt the presence in my life from The angels, mercy ministers,

AMEN What a wonderful thing IT Is to be part of such
A wonderful family.

Thank you Brother for lifting my spirit . when it was down .

I Take ...

Baby steps . one day at a time eh

NAMASTE

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
And a Personal Thanks to You my Brother for All your sharing
of your wise words of wisdom .

Sincerely , ive learnd much from you ,
and for that im eterenally thankful ,

Thank you Brother 8)

Namaste

You melt my heart brother. Please know that I appreciate you just as much.

With sincerity,
Rex

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
This confuses me i guess because how can someone
Sincerly make that final choice NOW without really
knowing just what that choice means ?

And what about someone that commits suicide or thats Mentaly challenged , or has brain cancer , or etc

How can they choose .

When their not in a Normal state of mind .

This is exactly what I am trying to help a good, lifelong friend get through...

His beloved wife was suffering a most vicious, fast acting brain cancer. They relocated, with their three young children, to Oregon - where the "death pill" is legal, for folks with incurable diseases.

Neither were in the normal minds.

My friend administered the Death Pill, out of his enormous (if misguided) loving compassion for her.

Now, he is crazy with anxiety. He dwells on the questions of God's understanding forgiveness for his wife - for her choice to end her days of excruciating agony ... and God's understanding forgiveness for his action, assisting her to die.

I, with you COOP and Friend of Van, believe that God's understanding forgiveness extends beyond our understanding - and beyond this first little lives we have here on Urantia.

Her's was not a rebellious denial of God - it was an increasingly accepted decision to be released from her body. I don't condone such an action ... yet what I do - faced with the same potential horror show.

Nor was my pal's act a viciously murderous attack on her. He did what he did out of love - albeit not informed love.
Albeit, he wonders if his assistance doesn't have a tinge of selfishness ... relief.

I have my friend's wellbeing in mind ... and know the our God is a patient and loving God.

My prayer is that I can convey this Truth to him.

He knows I'm "Urantian". He's Baptist.

What a strange and often excruciatingly exquisite thing life is.

PostPosted:  

Interesting topic change in a thread on Architectural spheres.

You seem to begin with an assumption regarding God's valuation of Oregon's law. Without that premise this discussion would be very different. So with that said I see two directions this conversation could go. First to go into the correctness of that assumption which offers no actual solution because any solution we would come up with will have no bearing on your friend, or second to offer the proposition that this is a perfect example of learning to make moral decisions and actually experience living with the results. I believe this to be a more important discussion as this is exactly the fulfillment of what the Urantia Book calls the supreme authority of personal spiritual experience. That is the experience of finding God, through faith, and coming to terms within ourselves relative to our actions. There is no right answer, no categorical understanding that we must all follow relative to these types of issues. It is purely personal. Remember the picture of the caveman snarling in front of his cave and the broader description of the tiger and his family he is defending? Well the same is true here. Your friend's intent is on trial not his action. His intent can only be deciphered by his personal submission to see God's will in his soul. We are here to encourage and love. You apparently would not make the same decision he did. That is your choice. His choice was not for you to evaluate.

Christian theology all too often attempts to put our deepest personal trials in a box and then further attempts to hold us accountable for our often sincere though possibly immature attempts to make faithful decisions. This causes us to be reluctant to engage even more than we naturally are and to refrain from making real moral decisions. This is counter to real growth. I suggest we refrain from our rush to judgement in these cases. Also we may want to realize God does not hold death as an ultimate and universal crime as do we. I believe we can state that he actually created the process. So lets see if we can keep our focus on the spiritual issues. Your friend's soul will be the beneficiary. As it says on a little plaque I have on my desk; The main thing is to keep the main thing, the main thing.

PostPosted:  

Thanks so much for your response, Jim George.

I didn't mean to highjack the topic but Coop's post brought my pal's difficulty to mind, so i thought my request for help would be ok.

My concern isn't about Oregon's allowing the Pill. And what you wrote about the real issue - is about the issue I hoped to get a bit of inspiration on. And your remarks about that are most helpful.

I like your "Main Thing" reminder, I think it will be a good one to put up on my own desk.

Again, thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8