Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Light
PostPosted:  

This is an Octonion. Please try this at home. Many would say that the images on the mirrors are unreal and the onion in front of the mirrors is reality.

Well, both are real but of a different scale of reality. The onion in front of the mirror is motion. In reality, this motion (the smelly onion) is a projection from a higher reality, spirit. Neither the Spirit plane nor the projected shadow (smelly onion) could exist without the other. Both are existential. Try taking the smelly onion way and see if the 7 mirror onions remain.

There are 7 onions in the mirror and one in front of the mirror, for a total of 8 onions. The Trinity, three orthogonal mirrors, requires 7 onions to project into motion existence the smelly onion in front of the mirror. This is God the Seven Fold. Just imagine the dance of light that is required for the shadow of the smelly onion to appear as motion in our finite reality.

BTW nod, I chose the onion for this example for a good reason (I remembered your question). O:)

Can you take your mind through the looking glass? Can you look in order to see?

"Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking." - Goethe

Can you step into the wonderland of the infinite?

"Wonder is what the philosopher endures most; for there is no other beginning of philosophy than this." - Plato

Can you see the Phi Spiral ("spira marbles") as the onion?

"Eadem mutata resurgo" (Though changed, I shall arise the same) - Jacob Bernoulli.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Light
PostPosted:  

nice!

PostPosted:  

Louis,

I must be missing something but I see 7 onions including the one in the corner and 6 reflected in the mirrors. Unless you want to count the one obscured behind.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Louis,

I must be missing something but I see 7 onions including the one in the corner and 6 reflected in the mirrors. Unless you want to count the one obscured behind.

Yes, I do want to count the one behind. It is there. If you do this at home, you can move the smelly onion back a bit and see it there. There are four onions above and four onions below the equator.

Does 7 project 1 or does one project 7?

One point extends to becomes three orthogonal planes (Trinity), three become seven in association (God the Sevenfold), and seven projects one object (motion), on a screen of 7 dimensional space-time.

PostPosted:  

Here is the best illustration I could find on the web to present light and how it is used to build matter.

The blue cone is the light cone. Not shown is a cone opening downward who's point touches this blue cone. (ala the conic sections of Apollonius)

The red sphere is the Earth, the Sun, a particle of matter, an ultimaton, whichever.

The yellow plane is one of three orthogonal planes that extend infinitely. These planes slice the sphere into eight equal wedges, four above the equator and four below the equator. Since I said that the sphere can represent the Earth, it is spinning (rotating) and has an equator.

Notice that all of these geometric structures share a center. They are concentric. All of these structures are perfectly symmetrical.

Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter (TUB). Control can only be from the center. The center point is the source of absolute gravity.

The Center is the Source of light, as in the light cone(s).

As light proceeds from Paradise into space-time in this cone configuration, it is immediately pulled by absolute gravity from the center point. Moving space, conditioned (accelerated) by time, creates a vortex of motion that condenses light into matter. This matter takes the shape of a spheroid (toroid).

The light cone builds the matter in shells such as the layers of the smelly onion. They are shells because of quantum releases of this light into the light cone. This is because time is quantized and proceeds as a successions of instants (TUB).

The infinite yellow planes do not move. Since primary space motion is respiration, the red sphere expands and contracts as it rotates. This is a spiral motion.

Can you see the infinite yellow planes as the Trinity? Three infinite orthogonal planes is the equivalent to three concentric circles.

Can you see the blue light cones ( the bottom one is not shown) being the most perfect and symmetrical way for God to shed His light on all and without respect for persons or things? The Sun's light shines equally on the evil and the good.

Can you then see the creation of dual centers by virtue of polarity (North and South poles) in this rotating particle. Where there was one focus, there is now two.

The two foci change the gravitational field of a single focus absolute gravity to the dual foci of linear gravity. The gravitational field of absolute gravity is spherical, the gravitational field of linear gravity has two foci. The circle has one focus. The ellipse has two foci. This linear gravity creates elliptical orbits and not circular orbits. A circle is not motion, because it has no changing curvature. The ellipse is motion.

Next I will show what this field of linear gravity looks like as the one focus is pulled apart into two poles and why linear gravity act preferentially in the plane perpendicular to mass.

Last edited by MannyC on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:32 am +0000, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:  

This is a similar image as before but the light cone is not depicted and a blue torus is shown along with a perfect sphere.

Recall that the perfect spheres of Havona are not charged. They have no polarity. The Suns and planets of space-time are not perfect spheres but spheroids called toroids. They are best studies by a toroidal coordinates rather then spherical coordinates.

The onion is not a perfect sphere but it is a toroid. A toroid can have imbedded layers of motion, electron shells, orbital shells, etc.

The torus is related to the natural logarithms and the ellipse. These motions cannot be calculated or unravelled. The perfect sphere can be subject to the inverse square law but not the ellipse and not the torus.

PostPosted:  

42:4.1 ...Light, heat, electricity, magnetism, chemism, energy, and matter are - in origin, nature, and destiny - one and the same thing, together with other material realities as yet undiscovered on Urantia....

TUB says that we do not understand light and that is because we do not understand ourselves.

This is a remarkable statement from TUB. We are light. We are matter. Our central and peripheral nervous system is electricity. Chemical reactions are an essential part of our being. We consume food energy. We generate heat. Our cells have polar bodies and are like little magnets. We are light in the infrared part of the light spectrum. Use some night vision goggles and you cannot hide in the dark. We shine light and we are the light of the world. We have our origin and destiny with light. Light proceeds from Paradise and returns to Paradise. We live and move and have our being in God. God is energy and we are energy.

We move at the speed of light because we are light. We are matter and there is space in matter. Matter moves at the speed of light and so space moves at the speed of light. Everything that has its origin in Paradise and is destined for Paradise moves at light speed; God's speed.

We are animated by mind. Mind allows us to move in space and gain on the speed of light. This is called will or volition. I will to move and my hand goes up. I will to go from here to there and I move to my mind's will. But how can we exceed the speed of light?

Mind conquers space by slowing time. We move only because mind allows it. Mind slows time in the direction we want to move and we gain on space. Einstein called it time dilation and he "dabbled with relativity". His Special Theory introduced it with the notion that velocity makes time slow down. Einstein's error was one of cause and effect confusion. In reality, mind is the cause of motion in space. I call it a thoughtful force. Mind is the cause of time dilation (slowing) and we exceed the light speed of space and gain on it.

There is a limit to this gaining on space. We cannot go the speed of light faster than the speed of space. We cannot go light speed squared. There is a really good reason for this. Time is circular and it cannot be squared. TUB tells us that not even God can square a circle. Mind cannot take time to its absolute, eternity. To dilate time, mind must increase the radius of time (circle). If mind takes the radius of time to infinity, the circle becomes a line. A line is absolute, and the absolute of time is eternity. Mind can actually do this but in this form we remain space-bound but relatively time-free. We are space-bound creatures in our present form. We must curve though space as we move thought space and in space. To move straight would mean to go from point to point in a straight line. Any straight line is infinite. All straight lines are the diagonal distance of a unit square, which is the square root of 2. This is an undefined number. It cannot be traverses. But if we take a transcendental spaceship called a compass, we can go from one point on the square to the diagonal point by placing one point of the compass, origin, and the other point, destiny, and trace a circular arc to the other point at the diagonal, using a little number called π. This transcendental number is inherent in our compass. BTW, that point and all points are origin and destiny, one and the same. Time allows us to move in Him, Who Is Still.

Spirit can and does travel at the power three of matter and space because spirit does not contain space and exist in relation to space. We cannot do this till we are fully spirit forms and leave space-time altogether. We can then proceed to Havona. We have transcended the fetters of mind and now become spirit. Spirit in inherently minded. Havona is not a time creation and we now are confronted with the problems of spirit as we have solved the problems of intellect prior to the arrival on Havona.

Shine your light, Brothers! 8)

PostPosted:  

Whatever makes you happy, MannyC. Apparently, the forum has become a place where any discussion of revelation in the context of world history and actual social/political developments will be locked, whereas this totally unintelligible and obviously unsupported nonsense regarding (physical) reality is allowed to go on and on in an endless monologue. It makes me sad.. :(

PostPosted:  

Bart I leave you with this thought:

184:4.5.In the half-civilized man there still lurks an evil brutality which seeks to vent itself upon those who are superior in wisdom and spiritual attainment.

Thanks Louis for your uplifting words and the effort you make to help create a better world.

PostPosted:  

15:6.13 Many comets are unestablished wild offspring of the solar mother wheels, which are being gradually brought under control of the central governing sun. Comets also have numerous other origins. A comet's tail points away from the attracting body or sun because of the electrical reaction of its highly expanded gases and because of the actual pressure of light and other energies emanating from the sun. This phenomenon constitutes one of the positive proofs of the reality of light and its associated energies; it demonstrates that light has weight. Light is a real substance, not simply waves of hypothetical ether.

12:4.7 Space is, from the human viewpoint, nothing—negative; it exists only as related to something positive and nonspatial. Space is, however, real. It contains and conditions motion. It even moves. Space motions may be roughly classified as follows:
1. Primary motion—space respiration, the motion of space itself.
2. Secondary motion—the alternate directional swings of the successive space levels.
3. Relative motions—relative in the sense that they are not evaluated with Paradise as a base point. Primary and secondary motions are absolute, motion in relation to unmoving Paradise.
Compensatory or correlating movement designed to co-ordinate all other motions.

12:5.2 Space is not infinite, even though it takes origin from Paradise; not absolute, for it is pervaded by the Unqualified Absolute. We do not know the absolute limits of space, but we do know that the absolute of time is eternity.

0:6.11   ...Pattern may configure energy, but it does not control it. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter. Neither space nor pattern are gravity responsive, but there is no relationship between space and pattern; space is neither pattern nor potential...

41:5.8 The action of certain secondary and other undiscovered energies present in the space regions of your local universe is such that solar-light emanations appear to execute certain wavy phenomena as well as to be chopped up into infinitesimal portions of definite length and weight. And, practically considered, that is exactly what happens. You can hardly hope to arrive at a better understanding of the behavior of light until such a time as you acquire a clearer concept of the interaction and interrelationship of the various space-forces and solar energies operating in the space regions of Nebadon. Your present confusion is also due to your incomplete grasp of this problem as it involves the interassociated activities of the personal and nonpersonal control of the master universe—the presences, the performances, and the co-ordination of the Conjoint Actor and the Unqualified Absolute.

42:3.1 Matter in all universes, excepting in the central universe, is identical. Matter in its physical properties depends on the revolutionary rates of its component members, the number and size of the revolving members, their distance from the nuclear body or the space content of matter, as well as on the presence of certain forces as yet undiscovered on Urantia.

42:4.1 Light, heat, electricity, magnetism, chemism, energy, and matter are—in origin, nature, and destiny—one and the same thing, together with other material realities as yet undiscovered on Urantia.

42:5.16 Primordial-force behavior does give rise to phenomena which are in many ways analogous to your postulated ether. Space is not empty; the spheres of all space whirl and plunge on through a vast ocean of outspread force-energy; neither is the space content of an atom empty. Nevertheless there is no ether, and the very absence of this hypothetical ether enables the inhabited planet to escape falling into the sun and the encircling electron to resist falling into the nucleus.

118:3.5 Space comes the nearest of all nonabsolute things to being absolute. Space is apparently absolutely ultimate. The real difficulty we have in understanding space on the material level is due to the fact that, while material bodies exist in space, space also exists in these same material bodies. While there is much about space that is absolute, that does not mean that space is absolute.

118:3.6 It may help to an understanding of space relationships if you would conjecture that, relatively speaking, space is after all a property of all material bodies. Hence, when a body moves through space, it also takes all its properties with it, even the space which is in and of such a moving body.

PostPosted:  

It seems to me that if we accept the Urantia Book for what it is, an Epochal Revelation which reveals the truth, then we can comfortably take the quotes from the Urantia Book provided by Louis above as the direction our understanding of physical reality should go. I see now how Louis has taken these revelations about physical reality and applied them to what is understood conventionally. Of course the purpose for these nudges the revelators provide, is tied up in the "undiscovered" energies and forces which, when eventually harnessed, will provide free and clean power for the whole world and everyone in it. But first, the momentum of errant or incomplete science needs to be addressed. This will take time and many a fine ego will need to be humbled. Or everyone can get on board with the Urantia Book and follow its sublime revelations, and we'll all get to the quick of it.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
It seems to me that if we accept the Urantia Book for what it is, an Epochal Revelation which reveals the truth, then we can comfortably take the quotes from the Urantia Book provided by Louis above as the direction our understanding of physical reality should go.
Yes. And apart from the quotes provided by MannyC (Louis), there are many more statements in TUB that indicate the fundamental nature of (physical) reality on a philosophical level.

nodAmanaV wrote:
I see now how Louis has taken these revelations about physical reality and applied them to what is understood conventionally.
Well, I don’t see that at all. :-s

nodAmanaV wrote:
Of course the purpose for these nudges the revelators provide, is tied up in the "undiscovered" energies and forces which, when eventually harnessed, will provide free and clean power for the whole world and everyone in it. But first, the momentum of errant or incomplete science needs to be addressed. This will take time and many a fine ego will need to be humbled. Or everyone can get on board with the Urantia Book and follow its sublime revelations, and we'll all get to the quick of it.
Possibly. And my concern here is that total nonsense posted on this forum can only delay serious scientific interest in The Urantia Book.

PostPosted:  

Bart,

You keep using the phrase "total nonsense". That's a sweeping statement. You must have determined this based on your expert knowledge on the topic. Would you be so kind to present an explanation of why you think Louis' work is total nonsense?

PostPosted:  

No I won't.. :mrgreen: But please feel free to present an explanation of why you think Louis' work is not total nonsense..

PostPosted:  

I see.