Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:32 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
MannyC wrote:
195:9.2 But paganized and socialized Christianity stands in need of new contact with the uncompromised teachings of Jesus; it languishes for lack of a new vision of the Master's life on earth. A new and fuller revelation of the religion of Jesus is destined to conquer an empire of materialistic secularism and to overthrow a world sway of mechanistic naturalism. Urantia is now quivering on the very brink of one of its most amazing and enthralling epochs of social readjustment, moral quickening, and spiritual enlightenment.

See Louis, you too may be a reservist. "God does not play dice with the universe"

I certainly hope not. I have too much on my plate as it is.:lol:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

lwatkins wrote:
Tigran,
You've expressed your opinion; I'll express mine. Sorry, but claims of special personal or spiritual status, while probably seemingly entirely real to the person making them, are detrimental to "more mundane" individuals. They're essentially ego boosters for the privileged ones. I'm sure you can understand too that they're perceived as signs of mental instability... many a brilliant individual has been blinded by that brilliance. Yes, you're special... in God's eyes. You're not special among men other than in your own eyes. Again, I'm sorry... the posting guidelines won't be adjusted; your "revelations" are, in my view, figments of an over-active imagination, your "courage" is instead audaciousness, your personal experience is yours and should never be proclaimed, and I am not fighting God or God's word, but am, as I see it, confronting a misguided ego not much different from the other 10,000. This board has had prophets, reservists, etc. before and will have them again, I'm sure.

Your inability to adhere to posting guidelines has caused your permanent suspension.

Best wishes, Tigran.
Larry

I have a query for "Larry/Iwatkins/Site Admin" where based on the "Rules" and the content therein, especially the following:
Quote:
If you have questions concerning our rules, suggestions or criticisms, please send your thoughts directly to any moderator or administrator rather than voice these concerns openly on the boards.

Which I have attempted to use in the past by PM to "Admin", which sat in my member PM Outbox for about two months before it was either deleted or received by "Admin", and/or ignored, because I have yet to receive a replay of reception or response to "questions concerning our rules, suggestions or criticisms," where which it, my concerns and suggestion and criticism regarding your "Larry/Iwatkins/Site Admin" inappropriate posts which you publically admitted to being a taught "channeler", and thereby implying that you and you alone, could recognize a "channeler" or "channeling" constituting yourself as the resident expert on the subject, which was my point of inquiry and concern, as it associated to the teaching of the Urantia Book. Since I have had received no response from "Admin" or yourself, and that the Administrative Board Rules have been written, presumed by the signatory "The Truthbook.com Administrators", that there is no higher administration authority associated to "The Truthbook.com" who may have the authority to regulate and, or, control the forum administrators, I must because Admin refuses to follow its own rules, thereby presenting me with the impression that they have found themselves as god's speaking for "The Truthbook.com", who also petitions for public funds as contributions to a non-profit organization registered with government, thereby having some oversight other than the forum-Admin cult, which you have admitted being, Larry.
I will continue to make an attempt to publicly contact someone in the aforementioned hierarchy in order to find someone who can administer to my questions regarding the conduct of the Forum-Admin's who seem to speak for the entire organization.

Personally I find that your actions while being signed in a private member of this forum, instead of your Admin "avatar", wheeling Thor's Hammer, is an indication that you are above the Rules by which Admin should also be subject to, and it might present some legal precedence that as "Iwatkins" you can only present an opinion, but only as "Admin" which should have no signature attached, would have authority to administer various admonishments, which are clearly spelled out in the Rules, where by specific actions will warrant suspension and other revocation. Your action clearly, as a member, and admitted to being opinion, according to the Rules, might only warrant suspension, but clearly your emotional response has taken over-control to your Admin functions, and I would like you to provide me the location or format by which to register a formal complaint on "The truthbook.com", which is in your ability to do. Until then I will stop any monetary contributions to this organization, and would suggest the same boycott by others.

Pontius Pilot had the power to keep Jesus from being murdered, but because he cowered in doing the just thing, was latter in receipt of his choices made in fear, with true adjudication.

Therefore, because Admin refuses to respond to my request, have taken the only other coarse to me and bring it to the public, were I hope that I will receive a response as is displayed in the Rules.

Thank you in advance,
One Son of God.

PS: Never mind Larry, for getting me that information, I found the Email address to one the Board Members and sent my request directly. Whether or not it does any good will determine the attitude as to God's Will regarding the TruthBook. Thanks again, sorry for putting you out.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Which I have attempted to use in the past by PM to "Admin", which sat in my member PM Outbox for about two months before it was either deleted or received by "Admin", and/or ignored, because I have yet to receive a replay of reception or response to "questions concerning our rules, suggestions or criticisms," where which it, my concerns and suggestion and criticism regarding your "Larry/Iwatkins/Site Admin" inappropriate posts which you publically admitted to being a taught "channeler", and thereby implying that you and you alone, could recognize a "channeler" or "channeling" constituting yourself as the resident expert on the subject, which was my point of inquiry and concern, as it associated to the teaching of the Urantia Book.

if your PM was constructed of sentences with 120 words like the above then you should be patient :badgrin:

seriously though cal if you could try to eliminate superfluous words and phrases and write shorter sentences it would make your posts more readable...consider it constructive criticism.

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
Quote:
Which I have attempted to use in the past by PM to "Admin", which sat in my member PM Outbox for about two months before it was either deleted or received by "Admin", and/or ignored, because I have yet to receive a replay of reception or response to "questions concerning our rules, suggestions or criticisms," where which it, my concerns and suggestion and criticism regarding your "Larry/Iwatkins/Site Admin" inappropriate posts which you publically admitted to being a taught "channeler", and thereby implying that you and you alone, could recognize a "channeler" or "channeling" constituting yourself as the resident expert on the subject, which was my point of inquiry and concern, as it associated to the teaching of the Urantia Book.

if your PM was constructed of sentences with 120 words like the above then you should be patient :badgrin:

seriously though cal if you could try to eliminate superfluous words and phrases and write shorter sentences it would make your posts more readable...consider it constructive criticism.

I'm sorry if you are having difficulty reading my posts, but that's what punctation, and its understanding, is for. But, if it is a problem because someone is using something other than full computer, I can't help you, because punctuation is an important part of writting. What is the longest sentance in the UB?
If my spellings is incorrect, please excuse me, I'm using a tablet, right now without spell check.

Last edited by Caligastia on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:27 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Caligastia,
I read your April PM post to the admin in April. I didn't reply then because it didn't warrant a reply in my opinion. I'm not here to argue; you're not here to discuss or complain on the public Forum decisions of the owner, administrators, or moderators. (see #19 of the posting guidelines). You're welcome to post on the discussion board so long as your posts make sense and as long as you follow the guidelines. You're also free to leave any time you find these guidelines too restrictive.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Caligastia wrote:
x
I'm sorry if you are having difficulty reading my posts, but that what punctation, and its understanding, is for. But, if it is a problem because someone is using something other than full computer, I can't help you, because punctuation is an important part of writting. What is the longest sentance in the UB?
If my spellings is incorrect, please excuse me, I'm using a tablet, right now without spell check.

i'm using a "full computer" and i'm not the only one that finds your writing ponderous, rambling and difficult to read, as has been mentioned by others here before. If you think that your writing style compares with the UB you're mistaken.

PostPosted:  

Greetings Makalu,

I'm so glad you said that. I thought I was the only one who felt that way about reading Caligastia's posts.

I'm sorry Caligastia, but most of the time I cannot finish reading your posts because I simply cannot follow what you're trying to say. It's like trying to untie an intricately tangled knot. I know you're going to say that is my problem, and so it is. I accept that. But if I can't read your writing or understand it, then hopefully you won't be offended if I don't respond to it.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but since Larry said this is somewhat of a self-censoring body, we should at least try to be honest with one another. Or so I think. If I'm wrong, then please forgive my bluntness.

Sincerely,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
Greetings Makalu,

I'm so glad you said that. I thought I was the only one who felt that way about reading Caligastia's posts.

I'm sorry Caligastia, but most of the time I cannot finish reading your posts because I simply cannot follow what you're trying to say. It's like trying to untie an intricately tangled knot. I know you're going to say that is my problem, and so it is. I accept that. But if I can't read your writing or understand it, then hopefully you won't be offended if I don't respond to it.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but since Larry said this is somewhat of a self-censoring body, we should at least try to be honest with one another. Or so I think. If I'm wrong, then please forgive my bluntness.

Sincerely,
Rexford

Rexford, you are entitled to your opinion, as is Makalu but, all I've heard from a few is complaining, and no one has presented me with a question, as to specific text and, its context, as I presented it. Therefore, by structured questions, from individuals, I can ascertain better, the needs, by which, I can, change my narration, so that I can better, be understood.

This is very similar, to how, your, Thought Adjuster works. The Thought Adjuster, reflects information in the mind, and will adjust very small fragments of thought; ever so slightly, in order to see, or determine, how that adjustment will affect that specific thought.

As an example: Can anyone remember, ever having said something and, then realizing, that what was said (or came out of the mouth,) is not what one intended to say? When one realizes that this has occurred, they either correct themselves and restate the error correctly or, in rare cases, they attempt to save face, by added additional words or, sentences, to bend around the realized error, attempting to straighten the error out, as to appear logical. Then, there are others, who have made the error, and did not realize what they had actually said; Because, they think, or assume, that what they were or, are thinking to say, is what they actually are saying or, have said. In this later case, depending on the error, it could cause tempers to flair up, by the recipient of the error (hearer of the error) who, now is confused. If the recipient (the hearer) assumes the error to be fact, and does not question the error, an argument may ensue.

What I have described above is a form of "Dyslexia" and, is still being studied but, most of the theories are incorrect, because they assume that there is a problem with the lower adjutants, as mentioned in the UB, but it is merely an adjustment issue with the thought adjuster process. What these dyslexia theories have overlooked is that they do not take into account that the circuity of the mind or, as indicated in the UB as the mind adjutants and the lower adjutants are out of sync with the higher adjutants. Many individuals, who are diagnosed with some form of dyslexia, are actual thinking in three dimensions, but the lower adjutants are transmitting in two dimensions. The normal process will adjust or translate automatically but sometimes they will get out of sync, causing information to be perceived incorrectly. Under normal synchronization the mind will reflect information as a four dimensional thought or higher dimensional process, which can be associated as visualized thought. At this higher dimensional thought process, a logic process, audits the data, to determine a cognitive sequence. If this audit process fails to validate the date as cognitively logical, it will create a confusion loop, which is resolved by the conscious mind. At this point the conscious mind determines the outcome of the loop, by either to disregard the illogical data and accept it or, go back to reprocess the data until it becomes logical or, it gets to a point where it becomes frustrated and stops, thereby stopping the analytical process.

As an example, associated to reading, which I have experienced and learned how to overcome; when reading, I have noticed that words sometimes register in the mind differently than my eyes pictured them. I often didn't realize this until what I was reading didn't logically make sense. Where if I were to continue reading based on the incorrect context I found my mind start to wonder away from the page into another train of thought. When I finally realized that I was reading the words and thinking of something else, I stopped, went back and, reread at a point or word which I didn't recall having read. This is the memory of the word which registers verses the reread word, now knowing the error. This is a one form of dyslexia, which I have learned to overcome with my thought adjuster working to help. Having realized the problem, or that there was a problem and, over time and persistence of practice, with the help of my TA, I can see the adjuster working in my mind, in that as I read some words, I notice more quickly that what I initially thought I read, physically changed on the page to what it actual was. One must keep in mind that the actual word symbol on the page did not change. What my mind interpreted as being there, changed in my mind to what it actually was. The thought adjuster was able to determine my issue and now makes the adjustments so quickly that I can realize the TA at work.

This has nothing to do with the problem I was addressing, regarding my posts being confusing but, it is related to the analytical logic loop getting frustrated and stops attempting to process the data.
So, as I mentioned, if one would ask questions which I can address specifically, I will learn where the areas are which I need to improve on and also attempt to resolve the confusion.
So, I know that there is confusion but I need specifics in order to be able to paint a different or better picture.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV,

You wrote:
nodAmanaV wrote:
No, I'm not claiming to be a reservist. My claim is that perhaps you are. "God works in mysterious ways."

Well that's a relief. I must have misunderstood your post. Maybe you could clarify it for me.

You said that a time for great decision has arrived, that the trumpet is blasting and courageous action is necessary, and that we should take care not to kill the messenger.

What time is it that you're talking about, who is the messenger that we're missing and courage for what?

I'm wondering if you could explain yourself. I read your post as some sort of prophetic omen, but perhaps you were speaking poetically? But about what?? Why requote the list of administrators for subadministrative centers on a planet of advanced light and life. It's not all adding up for me.

Perplexed,
Rexford

P.S. I am not a reservist. I have no idea what circle I'm in. I am not in contact with my Adjuster, although I pray a lot. I am unable to predict the future, although I'm pretty darn good with the present. I'm an average Joe who likes average things and does average things like mow the lawn and wash the car. I'm not interested in saving the world because it's already been saved, and therefore will not end anytime soon, if ever.

PostPosted:  

Nothing personal Cal.....but since you asked........

Generally speaking, I find that your posts are not just obtuse or dense with run on sentences of poor structure, like above, but often they are irrelevant to the topic under discussion, like above, or they are self defensive/adoring and often contain an insulting superiority, like above, and nearly always misstate or misrepresent the UB, like above, and when challenged on the text itself or your claims regarding it, you ignore it and attack whoever disagrees.

While you could work on your sentence structure, that is not your primary problem related to communication skills...or relevance. But I doubt it is my opinion you were seeking. I do wish you well Cal and hope you might come to lighten your view as I find it darkened by some need or desire to be suspicious of the worlds to come and those who minister to us both there and here. You often post your doubts about the words and intentions and clarity of the text, inserting dark mysteries and distrust in the authors' intentions and the stories and instructions found in the UB. This is most unfortunate for you and prevents, I think, a true appreciation for the inspirational and instructional potential that lies in its pages.

As I have said before, this is a new experience for me - finding someone who appears to believe the UB is a gift of epochal revelation but does not think it is trustworthy or truthful...or not until and unless it is broken down by code to clarify its distortions of truth which you apparently believe you have accomplished while others remain mentally challenged, deluded, and incapable of deciphering that which appears so obvious to you. I think these are some of the potential traps that lie upon the path of metaphorizing the book while disclaiming its claims of a precise presentation of fact and truth to eliminate error and reduce confusion. By such interpretative styles required of breaking down metaphor and converting/revising/restating the conclusions that come by such machinations of text, there is always more confusion and error compounding upon itself which results in a twisting and tormenting of the original work that nothing of value remains.

We all have our lense of perspective and I think it is your lense that has afflicted your appreciation of the text. I say this in all sincerity and in hope that you might come to a more hopeful and cheerful view of our world and our destiny and thusly gain confidence that God's universe is indeed a friendly, and reliable, place for all his children who live in love and service to one another. You are obviously a literate and thoughtful person with great passion for understanding the world and the universe. I wish you the best and will continue to respond to your posts but will try to do so less passionately and more patiently and kindly. I have much to learn about how to disagree without being disagreeable. Finally, and as Job learned so long ago....be careful what you ask for!! :smile:

8. The Evidences of Religion

102:8.1 (1127.5) The highest evidence of the reality and efficacy of religion consists in the fact of human experience; namely, that man, naturally fearful and suspicious, innately endowed with a strong instinct of self-preservation and craving survival after death, is willing fully to trust the deepest interests of his present and future to the keeping and direction of that power and person designated by his faith as God......

I recommend less suspicion....and more trust!

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:39 am +0000, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
nodAmanaV,

You wrote:
nodAmanaV wrote:
No, I'm not claiming to be a reservist. My claim is that perhaps you are. "God works in mysterious ways."

Well that's a relief. I must have misunderstood your post. Maybe you could clarify it for me.

You said that a time for great decision has arrived, that the trumpet is blasting and courageous action is necessary, and that we should take care not to kill the messenger.

What time is it that you're talking about, who is the messenger that we're missing and courage for what?

I'm wondering if you could explain yourself. I read your post as some sort of prophetic omen, but perhaps you were speaking poetically? But about what?? Why requote the list of administrators for subadministrative centers on a planet of advanced light and life. It's not all adding up for me.

Perplexed,
Rexford

P.S. I am not a reservist. I have no idea what circle I'm in. I am not in contact with my Adjuster, although I pray a lot. I am unable to predict the future, although I'm pretty darn good with the present. I'm an average Joe who likes average things and does average things like mow the lawn and wash the car. I'm not interested in saving the world because it's already been saved, and therefore will not end anytime soon, if ever.

I think he is referring to the quote posted about "quivering on the brink". And that the UB is the "herald and trumpet". There is another quote about sudden epochal transformations, and the ship has sailed from the harbor, and how change is now accelerating exponentially on Urantia. But we are also told that this is not our home for long and we should not think of building a house upon this bridge of temporal birth and spiritual infancy. We have no home but the universe of universes and those universes to come - eternal travelers and adventurers!! And we are that right now, if we choose to get on board the glory train!

8)

PostPosted:  

Brad,

fanofVan wrote:
[ And we are that right now, if we choose to get on board the glory train!

Thanks Brad, but no trains for me. I'm still scalded by the devil-cult train escapade.

But why the reference to the sub-administration leaders? It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Sure we're on the brink of a new beginning. The world has been stripped of its previous social caste system and everyone is learning new rules of behavior. The globe has shrunk so we're closer to one another's faces. It's easier to get the facts and people have to adjust from getting only second and third-hand stories. Science is stripping away old myths and superstitions. It's all new, invigorating and refreshing. It's a world alive with possibilities, but no sign of light and life anywhere near, no sign that we're ready for sub-administration centers just yet.

Actually, his post sounded more doom and gloomy, prepare for the worst, sort of thing. And what's with the don't kill the messenger thing? I thought he was talking about tigran.

But no glory train, just simple honest living for me. Today I'm power washing the porch and grilling some ribs. Later I'll sit on the clean porch and finish the NY Times crossword puzzle while watching the sunset. Basic simple stuff done well, that's all I'm interested in.

Still at Sea,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Agreed Rexford. A momentous event has already occurred very recently-- we were given this wonderful book! Now it's on us to absorb what it says and apply it to our everyday lives. Those who expect chariots to descend from the sky with a bolt of lightening when some specific political or social event occurs will be disappointed. Part of expanding cosmic consciousness is to comprehend cosmic timescales. Sure, we are in the midst of change, but it doesn't make sense to me another drastic intervention would occur this soon after we were given the book. How many hundreds of thousands of years did Van and his followers have to wait before Adam and Eve arrived? COSMIC timescales, people!

To me, entertaining the notion that any special status has been granted to you because you happen to read and comprehend the text is missing the point and also very dangerous psychic ground. I acknowledge the temptation is (or was) within us all. But the antidote to that is to ask Father for the humility to keep our pride and egos in check. He will give you the perspective that you need.

Today we plan on getting some fall mums planted and I've got to decide what to grill next. Also looking forward to watching the sun set. I thank this wonderful book for inspiring me with a portrait of the Edenic ideal, the emphasis on family life, and the knowledge that enjoying these simple things in life is what being human is about. It's not WHAT you do while you're here, it's HOW you do it. Trust in Father and live each day one at a time. Life is but a day's work!

PostPosted:  

Good morning Rexford and all my brothers,

In Jesus' day it took courage to believe what he revealed, that men weren't the children of the devil but rather the sons of God. Today when I tell some one this they give me the "you must be crazy look" "because "if I'm a son of God that means I'll be obligated to behave as such" and they don't like that. You know the drill. The religion Jesus taught back then was to begin to live in the manner of a little child, to start out in life with the knowledge of sonship with God and to make an effort to contemplate (at least) its expectations.

Today we live in a different time. Today we have a little book which explains more about the religion Jesus wants us to enact. That after beginning as a child we are to grow up to be men of God. This new type of manhood is only to be gotten by sincere desire but that's not all. Like good trees, growth requires water and so does a full grown man or woman. The more water the more growth. This "water" is referred to in the papers but the papers are not this water. You are the "water" and we all must water our each and every soul ourselves. The water is heavy but not so much for us to lift.

In plain language, there is a lot more to do than read a book. The FER requires participation in accomplishing its teaching. Back then there was the good news, today there's a call to higher action. We must individually begin, as an average Joe, to jump in all the way and grasp the moment that unless we the people of Urantia or at least some of us and especially those who have the little book begin to actually achieve our possible destiny to fuse with the indwelling fragment of God while still here, nothing will change and possibly worse, God forbid. Knowing we are his sons is elementary, doing the higher work and graduating from university is achievement, and that can change the whole world. The pages of the little book trumpet this, but time is of the essence my friends. Some of us must achieve this now in order for the evolution of the world to progress. This will happen SUDDENLY, but not without the force of many "MEN" pushing on the long sitting boulder of the lifeless "status quo" - all at the same time.

During the times of Jesus his people the Jews were looking towards their coming promised messenger. When he appeared among them they looked, they saw and they understood. However, due to the fact that they were not paying attention to the weather while they obsessed over their "doctrine" the signs of the times were missed or simply dismissed. And then they killed the messenger. Something akin is happening now too. Something completely unexpected will happen. I don't know what that is but I have an idea. Why don't we pool together our ideas on this? Thereby we can become a very effective team. I emphasize, it will only happen through you. In the age of Light and Life most if not ALL men and women fuse with their fragments in terrestrial escape. We are being prodded now, to begin, actually to open the door to this wonderful age. To initiate the fullness of the Brotherhood of Man.

Today we have a new messenger in the form of a little book. But the totality of the message has come in more places then just a book. We must read the "signs of the times" again to be sure we don't find ourselves taken by surprise. But of this I will assure you, if the children refuse to stop playing with the "toys" the Father has provided and continue to refuse to grow up to become full grown men and women, no one will be available. Who then will be the sub-administers for the onset of this oncoming better age?

Last edited by nodAmanaV on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:38 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

In addition to my above post, the initiation of the Era of Light and Life is impossible without "sub"-administers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next