Yes, I like what he's doing. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, a wolf in sheep's clothing. 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, but I've heard of his community. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Book About Leaving Cult
PostPosted:  

Hello there!

I recently escaped a cult that claimed to be channeling the remainder of The Urantia Book. The name of the organization is Global Community Communications Alliance, some know it as Avalon Gardens or Gabriel of Urantia's group.

Well, since I left with my partner 11 other adults have left. We think we started a chain reaction! For those of you familiar with that group, I will be recounting everything that happened to me while I was there, and how I had to completely surrender my free-will liberty which The Urantia Book states is what the rebellion did. I feel Gabriel of Urantia is possibly channeling Caligastia, because everything is just so expertly done and executed, very sophisticated forms of thought-reform and mind-control.

For those of you unfamiliar with the group, I want to warn against organizations like this, especially this one though, because it is an obvious taint on The Urantia Book itself for those seeking truth. They will forever be associated with The Urantia Book and I feel that is not a good thing.

I am writing a book to recount my experiences and am looking for support, whether donations through a Kickstarter campaign I started or through spreading the word of this campaign. Please help support this as I feel it is important for the information to get out there. I personally know a published book will be costly to their efforts (I managed all of their intellectual property and their internet reputation while I was there)...

Please, please spread the word and help support this book, below is the link, thank you!

http://kck.st/1Nrdw6Y

<iframe frameborder="0" height="420" scrolling="no" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onemoretimealice/one-more-time-alice/widget/card.html?v=2" width="220"></iframe>

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I know of him through YouTube but honestly can't pass judgment on his persons as I am on the outside looking in. I really couldn't participate in the survey as none of the choices were applicable to me.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
I know of him through YouTube but honestly can't pass judgment on his persons as I am on the outside looking in. I really couldn't participate in the survey as none of the choices were applicable to me.

Yeah, it's ok. I am trying to raise awareness of him because The Urantia Book is getting a bad rap from his shananigans. If you could support the Kickstarter campaign for the book I am writing or tell everyone you know who may be interested that would be awesome. I am a BA in English Literature and have studied a lot of history and theology while in school. And based on the way new religious movements start, and having experienced them first-hand, I have come to believe that they are a threat to the reputation of The Urantia Book at large. Please check out the link to the book (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/on ... time-alice) and support any way you can.

Cheers!

PostPosted:  

OneMoreTimeAlice wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:

Yeah, it's ok. I am trying to raise awareness of him because The Urantia Book is getting a bad rap from his shananigans. If you could support the Kickstarter campaign for the book I am writing or tell everyone you know who may be interested that would be awesome. I am a BA in English Literature and have studied a lot of history and theology while in school. And based on the way new religious movements start, and having experienced them first-hand, I have come to believe that they are a threat to the reputation of The Urantia Book at large. Please check out the link to the book (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/on ... time-alice) and support any way you can.

Cheers!

I would love to support this cause but I don't know what the accusations are. You have not provided any specifics.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
OneMoreTimeAlice wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:

Cheers!

I would love to support this cause but I don't know what the accusations are. You have not provided any specifics.

Thought reform, loss of free will, emotional and psychological trauma, brainwashing, defaming, broken relationships, they force low self esteem on you to get away with bossing you around, lots more... Will all be in the book.

PostPosted:  

OneMoreTimeAlice wrote:
Thought reform, loss of free will, emotional and psychological trauma, brainwashing, defaming, broken relationships, they force low self esteem on you to get away with bossing you around, lots more... Will all be in the book.

Could you give specifics? I am not asking you to give away information you are going to include in your book, but a couple specific or detailed examples would help me understand greatly.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
OneMoreTimeAlice wrote:

Could you give specifics? I am not asking you to give away information you are going to include in your book, but a couple specific or detailed examples would help me understand greatly.

Sure of course. One example (and this was early on): I initially joined the community with a partner who I married during my stay there. The question of children came up and that I may have been potentially pregnant. They asked me to get an abortion if I wanted to stay, that if I gave birth to a child it would be a lower order being and they were no way in hell going to help raise it. And many other things that were just flat out immoral. They claim to be people of God, but God spare us all if that's the case.

PostPosted:  

OneMoreTimeAlice wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:
OneMoreTimeAlice wrote:

Sure of course. One example (and this was early on): I initially joined the community with a partner who I married during my stay there. The question of children came up and that I may have been potentially pregnant. They asked me to get an abortion if I wanted to stay, that if I gave birth to a child it would be a lower order being and they were no way in hell going to help raise it. And many other things that were just flat out immoral. They claim to be people of God, but God spare us all if that's the case.

Are you labeling the organization a cult?

PostPosted:  

OneMoreTimeAlice wrote:
Hello there!

I recently escaped a cult that claimed to be channeling the remainder of The Urantia Book. The name of the organization is Global Community Communications Alliance, some know it as Avalon Gardens or Gabriel of Urantia's group. [. . .]

I too cannot contribute and answer to the poll, because the options are too limited.
However, I am fully aware of this persons (Gabriel of Urantia) multiple organizations, which have been ongoing for some time and I have also collected much of the information this group has presented along with some of the info which they are and have attempted to hide.
For the most part they have spread throughout the Web with multiple sites which primarily promote the making of money, where the selling of books, which includes the continuation of the Urantia Book which I have purchased the two main volumes and read them from cover to cover, and shall for the time being refrain from commenting on their content. However, I might make one correction to the statement above where the documentation having been presented has been disclosed as not being "channeling" but in the best sense of terminology as admitted by the proclaimed recipient, is possession and would be more so considered as oppression, in that the subject has admitted to still having a sense of self will over having been controlled. Also, by admission had volunteered for this duty, where if one actually knew the content of the UB, having given permission would constitute a character like "Caligastia", or one of his minions, which is unlikely because it would appear that he has been isolated, therefore that identifying character has indicated himself as a local resident from another planetary system. So, given this information, the subjects interaction between celestials is not through "channeling" and subject to the stability of the mind in question.

Also, what I have found out is that making money by any means is a primary goal of this organization, even to the point of creating video game sights which are available for download and purchase but, no telling what type of Trojan malware is attached. Nevertheless, since the presenter here is so adamant about receiving contributions for a publication which is not schedules to be completed until 2017, and not willing to provide specifics as to general content of this narration, it would seem probable that this could also be a way of producing revenue. Even through the subject (Gabriel of Urantia) based on the Dateline NBC, undercover presentation which aired several years ago and presented on YouTube as "Preserving Dateline's Exposé on Gabriel of Sedona - The American Cynic" where I retained a copy for my records, which has been removed due to protests from the subject in question, and would show the deceptive nature in this persons character, as presented from his own mouth as evidence. However, it would also seem that this person is not solely behind the overall organization, which my research indicated that there were other people involved who might be benefitting from the profits being produced ultimately on the roots of the Urantia Book, because this subject does not appear to be smart enough to be in total dominant control of this enterprise.

Therefore, although the presenter here may vary well have the material for a book which might depict the inside working of this organization, it would not take two years to write and or publish, if from their own experience, and since there is little material being presented here, might consider the old term "Caveat Emptor".

Last edited by Caligastia on Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:53 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

OneMoreTimeAlice, in your initial post you said "I feel Gabriel of Urantia is possibly channeling Caligastia." The teachings of The Urantia Book do not support the notion that human beings "channel" other beings, spiritual or material. What is being "channeled" stems from their own subconscious mind; they are channeling themselves -- your initial assumption is off the mark.

While our discussion board guidelines do not single out the Aquarian Concept Community (now apparently going by the name of Global Community Communications Alliance), as an off-limits topic this is still treading on unstable ground and this topic may be locked at any time.

And yes, obviously the GCCA fits all of the definitions for a cult. Remember though that cult, as defined and used in The Urantia Book isn't necessarily a negative title -- all religions have begun as cults.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Gabriel reminds me of a couple guys I knew in the 70's
Their manipulating put me off to TUB for a long time.
One is still around and has become one of the apostles.
If I mentioned name TUB study group and location I am certain some would know him

PostPosted:  

Caligastia wrote:
OneMoreTimeAlice wrote:
Hello there!

I recently escaped a cult that claimed to be channeling the remainder of The Urantia Book. The name of the organization is Global Community Communications Alliance, some know it as Avalon Gardens or Gabriel of Urantia's group. [. . .]

I too cannot contribute and answer to the poll, because the options are too limited.
However, I am fully aware of this persons (Gabriel of Urantia) multiple organizations, which have been ongoing for some time and I have also collected much of the information this group has presented along with some of the info which they are and have attempted to hide.
For the most part they have spread throughout the Web with multiple sites which primarily promote the making of money, where the selling of books, which includes the continuation of the Urantia Book which I have purchased the two main volumes and read them from cover to cover, and shall for the time being refrain from commenting on their content. However, I might make one correction to the statement above where the documentation having been presented has been disclosed as not being "channeling" but in the best sense of terminology as admitted by the proclaimed recipient, is possession and would be more so considered as oppression, in that the subject has admitted to still having a sense of self will over having been controlled. Also, by admission had volunteered for this duty, where if one actually knew the content of the UB, having given permission would constitute a character like "Caligastia", or one of his minions, which is unlikely because it would appear that he has been isolated, therefore that identifying character has indicated himself as a local resident from another planetary system. So, given this information, the subjects interaction between celestials is not through "channeling" and subject to the stability of the mind in question.

Also, what I have found out is that making money by any means is a primary goal of this organization, even to the point of creating video game sights which are available for download and purchase but, no telling what type of Trojan malware is attached. Nevertheless, since the presenter here is so adamant about receiving contributions for a publication which is not schedules to be completed until 2017, and not willing to provide specifics as to general content of this narration, it would seem probable that this could also be a way of producing revenue. Even through the subject (Gabriel of Urantia) based on the Dateline NBC, undercover presentation which aired several years ago and presented on YouTube as "Preserving Dateline's Exposé on Gabriel of Sedona - The American Cynic" where I retained a copy for my records, which has been removed due to protests from the subject in question, and would show the deceptive nature in this persons character, as presented from his own mouth as evidence. However, it would also seem that this person is not solely behind the overall organization, which my research indicated that there were other people involved who might be benefitting from the profits being produced ultimately on the roots of the Urantia Book, because this subject does not appear to be smart enough to be in total dominant control of this enterprise.

Therefore, although the presenter here may vary well have the material for a book which might depict the inside working of this organization, it would not take two years to write and or publish, if from their own experience, and since there is little material being presented here, might consider the old term "Caveat Emptor".

I am not lying about being a former member... I am just writing a book about my experience, you can take it for whatever you want.

PostPosted:  

Your experience sounds harrowing. I am happy to hear that you have found your own way.

I have to ask: if you truly want to get the word out and help other people, why start with soliciting funds to write and publish a book? You already have at your disposal a medium that will reach hundreds of millions at almost no cost to you. If others are moved by your story, I am sure you will find enough support to get it into print. To talk of publishers, distributors, screenwriters without any real sense of your experience rubs me wrong. It creates the perception of insincerity in that the profit motive outweighs your altruistic desire.

Please understand that I am not actually accusing you of this motivation. I know that it takes time and effort to write a book and that you are looking for some support in this endeavor. It's just hard for me (and I am sure others) to find any reason to be compelled to financially back the publication of a story about which we know next to nothing.

PostPosted:  

Welcome and glad for your....recovery? I also cannot take the poll due to insufficient options - Gabe has never donned any sheep's clothing IMO...sticks out like a sore thumb on a hand filled with personalities who claim personal privilege and power.....just another fortune teller and medium who draws a gullible audience and selects those gullible enough for his inner circle of followers - it's an old old story....Jones, Karesh, Jeffers, etc.

Gabe, and others like him, are well known to the Urantia movement and are no threat to any who actually read the UB and learn its teachings regarding spirit circuitry and destiny and history....and certainly no threat to the movement itself. Peripheral distraction. Unfortunate and distasteful but hardly original to the UB. Charlatans are everywhere....as is self delusion.

Such ones require an audience and posse. Would you give him more audience here or by writing a book? Interesting. A psychological study of his flock would be more interesting.

8)

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
I am not asking you to give away information you are going to include in your book...

And why not? Ok, then I am asking him (or her) now to give away information he was going to include in the book so that instead of buying the book one could just read his posts here and avoid the dangers of that cult. What is wrong with that? One cannot engage in loving unselfish service by "selling books", but only by giving away all the knowledge and experience FREELY, just as Jesus did during the public stage of his work.

And, besides, you don't need any "support" to write a book --- just write it, then professionally typeset it into a PDF and then publish the result via Lulu.com --- it is absolutely FREE, so why asking for monetary support, unless this is some sort of fraud? And while you are working on the book, your wife or husband (I assume that is what you meant by the strange term "partner" you used) will gladly take upon his shoulders the burden of work to support your family, if your book is so important.